Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIV: Boots on Hooves / Bikinis on Top

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Had a party-type situation. A song starts to play, and I know it's familiar but I can't place it. Then the chorus come up and I start singing- the wrong song.
    No no, you were singing the right song. Everyone else was wrong.

So last night I had another dream about ponies. Actually, I've had a few, but this one was more coherent and worth mentioning. In it, there was an episode where Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Applejack are in the wilderness, and they're chasing some birds, when they find themselves lost in a vast, featureless desert. Rainbow Dash asks how they're going to find their way out, and Twilight says "Oh, I have a map." She pulls a piece of paper from her saddlebag and gives it to Rainbow Dash, who says "This is a blank piece of paper." And Twilight cries "Oh, I don't know, maybe it's because we're in a FREAKING DESERT?"
    Last edited by mikeejimbo; 2011-07-09 at 12:17 PM.
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Why should he come out of his shell? He seems very even-tempered, just not talky.
    Well, the way THIS author had it, Big Macintosh practically had aspergers, social anxiety disorder and a family that hadn't ever cared about it until one day in his 20s. When they gave him the day off and forced him to go to down by himself to make friends.

When I say "gets out of his shell," I mean he finds things in his life aside from standing around with his friends going "eeyup" and apple farming. Exploration is fun!

First @ Ahmish; Sigh. Stupid hard to write things. I'm starting to really turn on this idea. Maybe I should just shelve it until I go through a few other ideas first.

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Idk who originally asked about 'Bright Eyes', but I have the answer. You guys post so quickly I can't keep up, so inb4 already answered..

Bright Eyes was a twinkle-eye pony from the original toy set, and a character from the 1992 series 'My Little Pony Tales'. She's kinda the 'smart one' although she falls into the lovesick character as well sometimes. She's kind of a hippie in which she wants to be an environmentalist. A big difference from the toy is that the toy has a hip mark of a clock (implying waking up and being 'bright eyed') while in the show she has a hip mark of a pen and pad of paper (which I assume implies she's bright as in intellectually.)

Spoiler
    Show

This is the toy pony:

This is a shot of her from the series:

Anyway. Again, didn't know if it was answered yet. I have a pretty vast wisdom of the old school stuff , so it interests me to find things from FiM that give reference. I love L. Faust's concept art for the old school set. <3
    Aha. So she looks nothing like Derpy. I guess people just liked the name because it was a play on her screwed up eyes.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-09 at 12:23 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_fox View Post
    Dear diary: today, I finally got that bottle of chloroform in the mail. Kairaven cannot stalk Thanqol, that's MY JOB. When I'm not stalking Phoe in an owlskin cloak in the lightning-struck tree by her window, of course. Whehehehehe.
    Now now... we are all know when stalking multiple subjects the problem is always that you can't be in two places at once to watch them all.... unless you keep them all together... like in a convenient basement converted to dungeon (but the nice pony from the Housing Association said that I can't remodel it for that purpose.)..... or purchase highly expensive unicorn magic powered surveillance devices... which frankly is hard to purchase because, let's face it, the stalking profession hardly pays.
    I guess what I am saying is That you should put down that chloroform and I'll put down the lightning cloud, and we should trade pictures instead?

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Those were the ones he'd been throwing away. There must have been a stock to have been giving them from.

Also, Thanquolizers was brilliant. Just brilliant.
    well....

I am sure his "princess mommy" has some in reserve somewhere. Or if they are out, Dr. Bobcat was the one that prescribed it I believe.
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2011-07-09 at 12:23 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Say WJMill, give me a piece of your old school knowledge. I've been curious about the second series, My Little Pony Tales, since I'd had no idea it existed until this year, although I'd seen some of the original show as a kid.

Could you suggest an episode that's kinda representative of the show the way Escape from Midnight Castle is for the first show?

Also, Thanqolizers have been banned in most countries. You can still prescribe them in Guatemala, though. Though you need El Doctor De Darth Bobcat for that.

(puts on mustache)

Tu quieres thanqolizers? Bueno.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-09 at 12:39 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Idk who originally asked about 'Bright Eyes', but I have the answer. You guys post so quickly I can't keep up, so inb4 already answered..

Bright Eyes was a twinkle-eye pony from the original toy set, and a character from the 1992 series 'My Little Pony Tales'. She's kinda the 'smart one' although she falls into the lovesick character as well sometimes. She's kind of a hippie in which she wants to be an environmentalist. A big difference from the toy is that the toy has a hip mark of a clock (implying waking up and being 'bright eyed') while in the show she has a hip mark of a pen and pad of paper (which I assume implies she's bright as in intellectually.)

Spoiler
    Show

This is the toy pony:

This is a shot of her from the series:

Anyway. Again, didn't know if it was answered yet. I have a pretty vast wisdom of the old school stuff , so it interests me to find things from FiM that give reference. I love L. Faust's concept art for the old school set. <3
    Hmmm, cool. Can you confirm/deny existence of two ponies (?) Bow-Tie and Bubbly Shines in tame way? Thanks
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

6. - Top - End - #366
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    First @ Ahmish; Sigh. Stupid hard to write things. I'm starting to really turn on this idea. Maybe I should just shelve it until I go through a few other ideas first.
    Honestly? I would wait to write this one. Writing two fics of that scale at the same time sounds like a good way to burn yourself out.

And I have been keeping up with Semper Fedelis (or however you spell it) as well. Between DM'ing a campaign and my own story, I just haven't had the time to critique as I normally do. You'll get my usual thousand and one grammatical tweaks, just not yet. And if I don't say anything at all, then that means I haven't found anything glaring enough to comment on. No news is good news and all that.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Honestly? I would wait to write this one. Writing two fics of that scale at the same time sounds like a good way to burn yourself out.

And I have been keeping up with Semper Fedelis (or however you spell it) as well. Between DM'ing a campaign and my own story, I just haven't had the time to critique as I normally do. You'll get my usual thousand and one grammatical tweaks, just not yet. And if I don't say anything at all, then that means I haven't found anything glaring enough to comment on. No news is good news and all that.
    Yeah. I wanted Excelsior to be there for the end of Semper Fi, but it's just not worth it at this point.

Of course, being up until 4 with yet another stomach ache is probably not great for the ol' creative juices, self esteem or writing work ethic.

Then again, no agony, no bragony.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-09 at 02:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Esper: THIS WASN'T PART OF THE DEAL! THIS WASN'T PART OF THE DEAAAAAAAAAAAL!
    I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.
    I cannot believe it took two whole pages for someone to make this joke.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    *insert picture of pony with sunglasses*

DEAL with it
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Neither can I. I would have made it earlier but I was at D&D.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    *insert picture of pony with sunglasses*

DEAL with it

EdIT: @Mikejimbob "So last night I had another dream about ponies. Actually, I've had a few, but this one was more coherent and worth mentioning. In it, there was an episode where Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Applejack are in the wilderness, and they're chasing some birds, when they find themselves lost in a vast, featureless desert. Rainbow Dash asks how they're going to find their way out, and Twilight says "Oh, I have a map." She pulls a piece of paper from her saddlebag and gives it to Rainbow Dash, who says "This is a blank piece of paper." And Twilight cries "Oh, I don't know, maybe it's because we're in a FREAKING DESERT?""

Ok so, if you dont mind... can i use this in my Fic im writing? I wanted a scene where my Pony (and companions that havent been introduced yet) gets lost and try to use magic to get un-lost.
    Last edited by Rebelhero; 2011-07-09 at 02:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Hmmm, cool. Can you confirm/deny existence of two ponies (?) Bow-Tie and Bubbly Shines in tame way? Thanks
    Bow-Tie, absolutely. Bow Tie (originally unhypenated) first appeared as a toy in 1983 (Generation 1, second set), then was later animated into Firefly's Adventure (first MLP movie). I'm not 100% sure if she ever made it into the My Little Pony & Friends TV show. It's been too long. I can't really tell you about her personality as I haven't seen a lot with her in it. As much as I can remember, in FA, she was a good jumper. That was about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Here a cap from the Firefly's Adventure (released 1984). Bow Tie didn't have a huge role in the storyline, but she was one of the toy tie-in cameos. She is one of the ponies that is kidnapped by Scorpan to become dragons to pull the Chariot of Night. (Others were Cotton Candy and Baby Ember.)

Here's a picture of the original toy:

Which also came in 'Baby':

The G3 version debuted as a 'Dazzle Bright' and got a color overhaul:

As for Bubbly Shines, I don't think I've heard of her. Are you sure that's her name? (I've only watched up to episode 5 in FiM, so I don't know what she looks like if she's there either.)
    Last edited by WJMill; 2011-07-09 at 02:23 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Neither can I. I would have made it earlier but I was at D&D.
    And I was vainly attempting sleep! And it seems gauche to make a joke based on your own setup line.

So, I have a questions that I've been pondering. See, I have an eventual part 3 of my Soarinjack trilogy in mind that takes place in Cloudsdale. As I think about it, there are some key decisions to make in how Cloudsdale is presented. I have answers to a few in mind, but I want to see what you all think.

1) How does Cloudsdale compare in size to Ponyville? How densely populated would it be? (I assume Ponyville has a population of a few hundred, judging by crowd scenes where you'd expect the whole town to be there).

2) Is the weather a private or a public enterprise?

3) Are there walkways connecting all the buildings to each other, or is it assumed that if you're there, you can fly and so walkways are a waste?

4) Is the city made of the standard clouds we see, that are easily kicked out of existence and allow no solid objects at all? We know that non-pegasi weren't supposed to be able to walk the streets, but is that true once you're in a house (where, presumably, there'd be furniture, groceries, etc). It'd be annoying to put down your sandwich just to have it fall to the ground below.

5) Does Cloudsdale even HAVE housing? Do pegasi live elsewhere and just commute? Is it a mixed situation, with some who commute and some who don't?

6) What industry is there beyond the weather, if any?

7) Is it an old city or a more recent "factory town" that sprung up around the weather factory?

8) How far is Cloudsdale from Ponyville?

9) Is there anything directly beneath Cloudsdale? Maybe an earth pony town that provides food and other goods for the Pegasi?

10) Does Cloudsdale move around so that its shadow doesn't completely destroy all life beneath it?

Those are my 10 starting questions. Some of them have no possible canon answer from the information the show provided. Again, I want to know what you guys think.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-09 at 02:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

Bow-Tie, absolutely. Bow Tie (originally unhypenated) first appeared as a toy in 1983 (Generation 1, second set), then was later animated into Firefly's Adventure (first MLP movie). I'm not 100% sure if she ever made it into the My Little Pony & Friends TV show. It's been too long. I can't really tell you about her personality as I haven't seen a lot with her in it. As much as I can remember, in FA, she was a good jumper. That was about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Here a cap from the Firefly's Adventure (released 1984). Bow Tie didn't have a huge role in the storyline, but she was one of the toy tie-in cameos. She is one of the ponies that is kidnapped by Scorpan to become dragons to pull the Chariot of Night. (Others were Cotton Candy and Baby Ember.)

Here's a picture of the original toy:

Which also came in 'Baby':

The G3 version debuted as a 'Dazzle Bright' and got a color overhaul:

As for Bubbly Shines, I don't think I've heard of her. Are you sure that's her name? (I've only watched up to episode 5 in FiM, so I don't know what she looks like if she's there either.)
    Ah, thanks, the reason I was asking because the keep popping up in these nice 'refreshed ponies' pictures and I was curious if these are OCs, or older ponies with modernized design. Say, here:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Hairy Pony and the Crossover that Wasn't.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

Say WJMill, give me a piece of your old school knowledge. I've been curious about the second series, My Little Pony Tales, since I'd had no idea it existed until this year, although I'd seen some of the original show as a kid.

Could you suggest an episode that's kinda representative of the show the way Escape from Midnight Castle is for the first show?
    Erm. I can certainly try. MLPT was not my favorite series, as it was too '90s' for me. MLPT did not have the same animation depth and fantasy stories so I was mostly disinterested. I could suggest you watch the first episode, as it's been probably 13-15 years since I've watched most of it.

Here's a link:

I can't really find a whole lot of resources for streaming, but the person who put this on Veoh also has about 10 other episodes, plus the MLP movie.

Let me know what you think or if you can find a better site. That's about the best I can do. I vaguely remember it from when I was a kid, and nowhere near as much as the movies/TV series from the 80s.

18. - Top - End - #378

1) How does Cloudsdale compare in size to Ponyville? How densely populated would it be? (I assume Ponyville has a population of a few hundred, judging by crowd scenes where you'd expect the whole town to be there).

3) Are there walkways connecting all the buildings to each other, or is it assumed that if you're there, you can fly and so walkways are a waste?

4) Is the city made of the standard clouds we see, that are easily kicked out of existence and allow no solid objects at all? We know that non-pegasi weren't supposed to be able to walk the streets, but is that true once you're in a house (where, presumably, there'd be furniture, groceries, etc). It'd be annoying to put down your sandwich just to have it fall to the ground below.

5) Does Cloudsdale even HAVE housing? Do pegasi live elsewhere and just commute? Is it a mixed situation, with some who commute and some who don't?

7) Is it an old city or a more recent "factory town" that sprung up around the weather factory?

9) Is there anything directly beneath Cloudsdale? Maybe an earth pony town that provides food and other goods for the Pegasi?

10) Does Cloudsdale move around so that its shadow doesn't completely destroy all life beneath it?

Those are my 10 starting questions. Some of them have no possible canon answer from the information the show provided. Again, I want to know what you guys think.
    1) Bigger. Definitely. It's no Manehatten or Fillydelphia (mostly because pegasi-only cities of that size just seem impractical) but it's big.

2) No idea, but I'd lean towards public.

3) I'd say walkways are optional, but present on the major thoroughfares. I assume flying tires a pegasus more than just walking, and you have to be able to get around if you're too tired to fly anyway.

4) There could be some sort of special, magically-dense cloud material made especially for building things. Either way, definitely not the "kick into nothingness" clouds.

5) Mixed most likely. Although we don't see any other cities, housing, or the like around Cloudsdale, it's within reason that they could be a short flight away.

6) Well, we know there's a major flight school, so that needs staffing. I think the factory is the main thing in the city though. When the mane cast went there, that was the thing they went to see.

7) I'd say older city. The flight school has reputation enough that the "Best Young Flyer" competition is held there, and a reputation takes time.

8) Two hours by flight, max. RD and Fluttershy both made the trip like it was nothing, and they were going at a leisurely pace.

9) I don't think so, mostly because of...

10) ...the fact that the city likely has a set path that it flies around so it doesn't wreck everything below it.

19. - Top - End - #379

on the matter of walkways, remember that pegasi can't fly from birth, so any place without one can't be reached by children.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

A small city? Still, city > larger than village, maybe 1-3 thousand individuals? Density probably quite high, unless ponies can make clouds or get away with locking perpetually clouds into unproductive state.

Well, seeing complete lack of capitalistic institutions in Equestria, and feudal nature of that state, I'd say completely operated by nobles, be it Celestia, or someone lower.

Also, it being private begs the question how you profit off it without turning it into protection racket.

Maybe? But if so, rather sparsely placed with little thought and in major places only, unless someone cared enough to erect a side one.

Or just go wild and turn it into sky Venice, with bridges and all, works, too.

Yeah, standard clouds. I think pegasi could manipulate them somehow (we do see things inside Dash's house) but no idea to what extent.

Mixed? As Q1, it doesn't seem to have many residences.

FedEx? Schools, of basic and advanced flight? Mapmaking/surveys? Agricultural protection?

Definite factory town vibe, I can't see it being old due to material.

Less that few hours travel? Not in visual range, though.

It can't be anything, since the city needs to be able to move away making way for planned weather? Or maybe even act as 'pegasi carrier' in times of natural disaster? Still, I'd imagine moving it being horrendously time- and manpower (can't really ponify this word) consuming enterprise causing all sorts of disruptions.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava ETsofu

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Erm. I can certainly try. MLPT was not my favorite series, as it was too '90s' for me. MLPT did not have the same animation depth and fantasy stories so I was mostly disinterested. I could suggest you watch the first episode, as it's been probably 13-15 years since I've watched most of it.

Here's a link:

I can't really find a whole lot of resources for streaming, but the person who put this on Veoh also has about 10 other episodes, plus the MLP movie.

Let me know what you think or if you can find a better site. That's about the best I can do. I vaguely remember it from when I was a kid, and nowhere near as much as the movies/TV series from the 80s.
    I... that was painful. I was going into this from morbid curiosity, but wow.

Just.

Wow. It's like the worst moments of the episodes of the 80s I've seen, but I just KNOW we're not going to get a cool villain showing up to make things more fun.

What made my brain break, though, was that the one pony was making the lips on a sock puppet move.

HOOVES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY.

I also love how at two minutes in and I don't know anyone's name. I know the name of the character in whatsername's ghost story, Squire. Also it isn't a ghost story. It's a dragon story.

At minute 6, we get someone's name. That just makes me giggle. And I think this story would probably work better if they weren't horses.

Thanks for the link. It confirmed my suspicions.

@ Trixie: Sky Venice... I like that idea.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-09 at 02:57 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382

Yeah, I think the thought of how awesome a Sky Venice would be just blows all of my carefully thought-out answers away.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

HOOVES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY.
    Well, haven't seen that, but Octavia/Pinkie would like to disagree, probably :P

Remember these pony skeletons Irbis posted? I think each one had 3 bones acting as a 'hoof', so maybe ponies can just move these bones independently to an extent, like fingers.

Well... maybe after magic runs out of the 'hardening' process preventing things falling through the cloud, it's simply recycled as rain, and whatever building it housed moved to new, fresh cloud? That would make it possibly very-ancient-but-always-almost-new archipelago of cloud islands?

...maybe some nobles would even have private residences up there, always bathed in the sun, free from rain?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava ETsofu

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah, thanks, the reason I was asking because the keep popping up in these nice 'refreshed ponies' pictures and I was curious if these are OCs, or older ponies with modernized design.
    Applejack is the only one I've seen in FiM that has (for the most part) kept true to the original design. There are a few 'extras ponies' that match hair/body color of G1 ponies, but I can't see a lot of their hip marks so I can't verify.

Here's a progression of Applejack in the animation:
    Spoiler
    Show

Original 1984 (From Firefly's Adventure)

I don't remember if she appeared in the movie. If so, only briefly.

(Applejack DID NOT appear in the 1986 My Little Pony and Friends.)

FiM (2011)

And in toys.
    Spoiler
    Show

Original 1983 release (alongside Bow Tie actually).

G3 (2003) Originally released with a picnic set. (This was oddly enough one of the only G3 ponies I ever owned..)

And G4 (2010)

25. - Top - End - #385
    Dwarf in the Playground

I... that was painful. I was going into this from morbid curiosity, but wow.
    [Snip]
    Thanks for the link. It confirmed my suspicions.
    Like I said, it was released in 1992, and though toys that were considered 'Generation 1' were still being produced until 1992, none of these ponies were ever produced as toys. I'm pretty sure this was a cash in to continue the franchise, but I'm uncertain. It's outright horrible.

Then nearly right after that (1997), we got these hideous pieces of [expletive deleted]:
    Spoiler
    Show

I remember having a few of these toys and being extremely dissatisfied. I don't believe they ever animated anything in Gen 2, but I could be very terribly wrong..

26. - Top - End - #386

Well, seeing complete lack of capitalistic institutions in Equestria, and feudal nature of that state, I'd say completely operated by nobles, be it Celestia, or someone lower.
    what are you talking about?
    Applejack owns her farm and sell apples, Rarity ditto with her dresses, there is the quills and sofas shop just to mention a few.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

Applejack is the only one I've seen in FiM that has (for the most part) kept true to the original design. There are a few 'extras ponies' that match hair/body color of G1 ponies, but I can't see a lot of their hip marks so I can't verify.

Here's a progression of Applejack in the animation:
    Spoiler
    Show

Original 1984 (From Firefly's Adventure)

I don't remember if she appeared in the movie. If so, only briefly.

(Applejack DID NOT appear in the 1986 My Little Pony and Friends.)

FiM (2011)

And in toys.
    Spoiler
    Show

Original 1983 release (alongside Bow Tie actually).

G3 (2003) Originally released with a picnic set. (This was oddly enough one of the only G3 ponies I ever owned..)

And G4 (2010)

Ah. Wasn't Cherilee one of more prolific/appearing ones, though?

And another random thing, if you really want to model it as Venice, maybe google images/movies of Neo Venezia? It's only one example of cloud-themed Venice-like city I can thing of.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava ETsofu

28. - Top - End - #388

Jeez guys. 9 pages to catch up on any time I go to bed. @[email protected]

So, is it just me, or is every single MLP released before 2010 (Gen 4) just... not... cute? Or am I alone in this opinion?
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Well, haven't seen that, but Octavia/Pinkie would like to disagree, probably :P

Remember these pony skeletons Irbis posted? I think each one had 3 bones acting as a 'hoof', so maybe ponies can just move these bones independently to an extent, like fingers.

Well... maybe after magic runs out of the 'hardening' process preventing things falling through the cloud, it's simply recycled as rain, and whatever building it housed moved to new, fresh cloud? That would make it possibly very-ancient-but-always-almost-new archipelago of cloud islands?

...maybe some nobles would even have private residences up there, always bathed in the sun, free from rain?
    Well, I think that when a pony in Friendship is Magic picks something up, it's a sign that the item is specially made somehow (don't ask me how, I'm not an engineer. Maybe magnetic horseshoe + item with small amount of iron in it, or a horseshoe with a slot for that item? Just plain A Wizard Did it?).

The toe bones idea is interesting, but the problem is the way a hoof works. http://www.eclipsepress.com/mediaroo...oofCare_ex.pdf Go to page 4. It's like trying to grab something with your toes through a shoe.

@ WJMill Yeah, I was being diplomatic before with it, just in case you liked it, but that was TERRIBLE.

I've looked it up on Wikipedia; there was in fact no animation between My Little Pony Tales and Gen 3.

And I think some of the older ponies were cute. They also looked more like actual horses.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-07-09 at 03:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #390

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    what are you talking about?
    Applejack owns her farm and sell apples, Rarity ditto with her dresses, there is the quills and sofas shop just to mention a few.
    Don't forget Sugarcube Corner.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".