New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default paladin 3.5 maximum charge/smite build

human paladin 5/kensai 8/anointed knight 7

i want to make a paladin without mount and make as much as possible damage with charge smite.any suggestion is appreciated :D

1 Weapon focus(Greathammer), Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon proficiency Greathammer(bonus feat from concept Former Squire in Quintessential Paladin book)
    3 Ancestral relic
    6 Extra smiting
    9 Improved Smiting
    12 Leap Attack Power Attack(bonus feat from anointed knight)
    15 Divine Might Sanctify Weapon(bonus feat from anointed knight)
    18 Martial Study(Mountain Tombstone Strike,tome of battle).i am not sure if i can take it at 18 level

I want to fit somewhere the improved initiative to take after the dire charge from epic level handbook and great smiting if are worth to take them

i will make a valorous weapon
    change the mount for charging smite

Spells
    Rhino's Rush
    I want the spell Find the Gap but its 3 level spell paladin so i don't know if i can imbue my weapon with that spell somehow
    Greathammer weapon is at the MM 3

I like the concept of kensai and anointed knight so it is good to make some changes in that build for better results and after will tell me other builds for maximized charge/smite NO MOUNTED :D
    I want all the possible feats,spells,items etc for that build if someone can provide them :D

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: paladin 3.5 maximum charge/smite build

Well one of the major things that a paladin has going for them as a charger is their free mount. I would lose the great-hammer because it wastes a feat in an already feat starved build, I would use a Great Sword. The feat 'Battle Jump' doubles damage on an attack that is made after coming down from at least 10 feet above the opponent and counts that 'fall' as a charge. Look into ways of getting enlarge person and take Powerful Charge which gets even better if you can get even larger.

So far we have: (3d6+(1.5xSTR)+(PAx6)+2d6*)x2
    *(Unsure if you would multiply it or not)

Now with Kensai you can boost your Str by 8 for 4 rounds and enchant your weapon. I would say +5 enchantment, Valorous (+1) and the rest is up to you. The Anointed Knight grants you the magic oils, so try to get the last three, those are the best. The weapon oils aren't that great so they are up to you.

This brings us to: (3d6+5+(1.5xSTR)+(PAx6)+2d6*+2d6*)x3

Last, but not least, the paladin portion of the build. Rhino's Rush, Smite Evil and Smiting Charge. The smiting is only good against evil creatures but hey, it's a class feature so what the heck. Divine Might is great but Improved Smite isn't worth the feat and in my opinion neither is Extra Smite (but I don't think smite is that good in the first place so it is up to you) I will say this though, a Paladin with his mount has a hell of a lot more damage output than you do.

We are now at: (3d6+5+(1.5xSTR)+(2xCHA)+15+(PAx6)+2d6*+2d6*)x4

Assuming that you have an 42 in Str after your Kensai boost a 26 Cha and the extra 4d6 multiply your average damage output is 770.
    (These calculations are assuming that you are using Enlarge Person, Battle Jump, Power Attack, Rhino's Rush, a +5 Valorous Greatsword, Leap Attack, Powerful Charge, Divine Might, Smite Evil, Smiting Charge and that the extra damage from Powerful Charge and Deep Strike multiply)

Also, Shock Trooper is a must for chargers because it means that you don't lose your BAB in the attempt to hit.

770 is a nice number, but a mounted Paladin is much better with the stats:
    (2d6+5+(1.5xStr)+(2xCha)+5+(PAx6)+2d6*)x6 for an average of 1032 damage. Just saying.
    Amazing avatar by Ceika
    “A player is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    You're the Stalin of dice!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

very good calculations Ryu.i appreciated your work:)
    So
    let's say that i begin 1 level paladin.can u make me a plan for the prestige classes and the feats that you have in mind until 20 or maybe and above 20 why not :)?i saw that the fist of raziel is very good but and the kensai is very good in my opinion.you will tell me :)

some things first.with the battle jump must drop from somewhere 10 feet on the opponent so its a little difficult to do this in the fights i think or maybe i am wrong.

when i am in dungeon or various underground areas what mount can i have to do charges?i want to rely on me and not in my mount in my opinion and i want to focus on smites :).except if you know mounts that travel underground and in dungeons.

and i thought greathammer is very good but you said i waste one feat in exotic in place of another good choice :)

yes shock trooper is a must as i see

what do you think of the Martial Study?is good or not?i think its no save/spell resistance and is permanent 2d6 Con damage

if you can make a plan for a maximized smite paladin and combination of prestige classes no mounted and one plan with the mount and your calculations for each type of paladin step by step it will be most appreciated Ryu

4. - Top - End - #4

I'll work on it, but it won't be up for awhile, it's late where I am and I need sleep.
    Amazing avatar by Ceika
    “A player is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

don't worry i will be waiting.i have plenty of time.

6. - Top - End - #6

Finially after a couple of hours and a few paper cuts I have put together this build.

Paladin/Anointed Knight/Kensai
    {table=head]Level|Class|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Skills|Feats|Class Features

1st|Paladin|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |(2+Int+1)X4|Power Attack, Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Battle Jump|Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Smite Evil 1/Day

2nd|Paladin|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |2+Int+1|N/A|Divine Grace, Lay on Hands

3rd|Paladin|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |2+Int+1|Ancestral Relic|Aura of Courage, Divine Health

4th|Paladin|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |2+Int+1|N/A|Turn Undead

5th|Paladin|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |2+Int+1|N/A|Smite Evil 2/Day, Charging Smite

6th|Anointed Knight|
    +6/1
    |
    +6
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |2+Int+1|Mighty Charge|Anoint Self (Celestial Strategy)

7th|Anointed Knight|
    +7/2
    |
    +7
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |2+Int+1|N/A|Anoint Ancestral Weapon (Good Weapon)

8th|Anointed Knight|
    +8/3
    |
    +7
    |
    +2
    |
    +4
    |2+Int+1|N/A|Bonus Feat: Combat Expertise

9th|Kensai|
    +8/3
    |
    +7
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |4+Int+1|Leap Attack|Signature Weapon

10th|Kensai|
    +9/4
    |
    +7
    |
    +2
    |
    +7
    |4+Int+1|N/A|Power Surge

11th|Kensai|
    +10/5
    |
    +8
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |4+Int+1|N/A|N/A

12th|Kensai|
    +11/6/1
    |
    +8
    |
    +3
    |
    +8
    |4+Int+1|Planar Touchstone|Ki Projection

13th|Anointed Knight|
    +12/7/2
    |
    +9
    |
    +3
    |
    +9
    |2+Int+1|N/A|Anoint Self (Deep Strike)

14th|Anointed Knight|
    +13/8/3
    |
    +9
    |
    +3
    |
    +9
    |2+Int+1|N/A|Anoint Ancestral Weapon (Sentience)

15th|Anointed Knight|
    +14/9/4
    |
    +10
    |
    +4
    |
    +10
    |2+Int+1|Shock Trooper|Bonus Feat: Improved Bull Rush

16th|Anointed Knight|
    +15/10/5
    |
    +10
    |
    +4
    |
    +10
    |2+Int+1|N/A|Anoint Self (Inspired Strike)

17th|Kensai|
    +15/10/5
    |
    +10
    |
    +4
    |
    +10
    |4+Int+1|N/A|Withstand

18th|Kensai|
    +16/11/6/1
    |
    +11
    |
    +5
    |
    +11
    |4+Int+1|Divine Might|N/A

19th|Kensai|
    +17/12/7/2
    |
    +11
    |
    +5
    |
    +11
    |4+Int+1|N/A|N/A

20th|Kensai|
    +18/13/8/3
    |
    +11
    |
    +5
    |
    +12
    |4+Int+1|N/A|Ki Projection, Instill[/table]

32 Point-Buy: Str: 16, Dex: 8, Con: 14, Int: 12, Wis: 12, Cha: 15
    Upgrade Strength at every 4th level.

Spoiler
    Show

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 1: Craft (Alchemy): 4, Knowledge Arcana: 2, Spellcraft: 2, Diplomacy: 4
    Level 2: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 2.5, Spellcraft: 2.5, Diplomacy: 5
    Level 3: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 5, Ride: 1, Concentration: 1
    Level 4: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 5, Ride: 3, Concentration: 3
    Level 5: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 5, Ride: 5, Concentration: 5
    Level 6: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 5, Ride: 5, Concentration: 5, Knowledge (The Planes): 2, Jump: 2
    Level 7: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 5, Ride: 5, Concentration: 5, Knowledge (The Planes): 4, Jump: 4
    Level 8: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 5, Ride: 5, Concentration: 5, Knowledge (The Planes): 6, Jump: 6
    Level 9: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 5, Ride: 5, Concentration: 5, Knowledge (The Planes): 8, Jump: 8
    Level 10: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 8, Ride: 5, Concentration: 5, Knowledge (The Planes): 8, Jump: 8, Sense Motive: 3
    Level 11: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 11, Ride: 5, Concentration: 5, Knowledge (The Planes): 8, Jump: 8, Sense Motive: 6
    Level 12: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 14, Ride: 5, Concentration: 5, Knowledge (The Planes): 8, Jump: 8, Sense Motive: 9
    Level 13: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 14, Ride: 5, Concentration: 6, Knowledge (The Planes): 8, Jump: 11, Sense Motive: 9
    Level 14: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 14, Ride: 5, Concentration: 7, Knowledge (The Planes): 8, Jump: 14, Sense Motive: 9
    Level 15: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 14, Ride: 5, Concentration: 8, Knowledge (The Planes): 8, Jump: 17, Sense Motive: 9
    Level 16: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 14, Ride: 5, Concentration: 10, Knowledge (The Planes): 8, Jump: 18, Sense Motive: 9
    Level 17: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 16, Ride: 5, Concentration: 10, Knowledge (The Planes): 8, Jump: 20, Sense Motive: 11
    Level 18: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 18, Ride: 5, Concentration: 10, Knowledge (The Planes): 8, Jump: 21, Sense Motive: 14
    Level 19: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 20, Ride: 5, Concentration: 12, Knowledge (The Planes): 8, Jump: 22, Sense Motive: 15
    Level 20: Craft (Alchemy): 5, Knowledge (Arcana): 3, Spellcraft: 3, Diplomacy: 23, Ride: 5, Concentration: 15, Knowledge (The Planes): 8, Jump: 22, Sense Motive: 15

Items
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 1: Greatsword, Chain Shirt
    Level 2: Greatsword, Breast-Plate, Jump Competence Item, Diplomacy Competence Item, Concentration Competence Item, 500gp
    Level 3: Masterwork Greatsword with Wand Chamber, Breast-Plate, Jump Competence Item, Diplomacy Competence Item, Concentration Competence Item, 1700gp
    Level 4: Masterwork Greatsword with Wand Chamber, Mithril Breast-Plate, Jump Competence Item, Diplomacy Competence Item, Concentration Competence Item, 400gp
    Level 5: Masterwork Greatsword with Wand Chamber, Mithril Breast-Plate, Jump Competence Item, Diplomacy Competence Item, Concentration Competence Item, Item of Charisma (+2), 0gp
    Level 6-11: As Level 5 with WBL – 9000 (Upgrade Charisma Item and buy a +1 tome of charisma when you can. Also Pick up a wand of Rhino’s Rush and get a spellcaster to cast a Permanent Enlarge Person on you.)
    Level 12: Masterwork Greatsword with Wand Chamber, Mithril Breast-Plate, Jump Competence Item, Diplomacy Competence Item, Concentration Competence Item, Item of Charisma (+6), Tome of Charisma +1, Sandals of Springing, Permanent Enlarge Person, Wand of Rhino’s Rush, 1790gp
    Level 13-20: As level 12 with WBL - 86210 (Upgrade Charisma Tome and buy a Strength Item and Strength Tome when you can, use left over money on Constitution Item and Tome, if there is any after that use to upgrade your armor, weapon and buy more Rhino’s Rush Wands. Anything after that can be spent on anything else you want.)

Signature Weapon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Valorous at Kensai 1, Sizing at Kensai 4 and then anything you want as long as you get +5 enchantment.

Planar Touchstone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Planar Touchstone feat should be attuned to Sunken City of Pazar (from sandstorm) at all times.

Books Used
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master’s Guide, Monster Manual III, Sandstorm, Planar Handbook, Player’s Handbook II, Book of Exalted Deeds, Complete Warrior, Oriental Adventures, Complete Adventurer, Dungeonscape, Magic Item Compendium, Spell Compendium, Forgotten Realms: Unapproachable East and The Quintessential Paladin.
    Last edited by Ryu_Bonkosi; 2011-07-22 at 11:21 AM.
    Amazing avatar by Ceika

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Have you seen the Smite Optimization thread? It has a lot of bits that should help out your build. In particular:

You're probably better off as a Pathfinder Paladin, Binder, or Cleric. Generic Paladin is actually a horrible source of Smite.

For your race, you should consider Killoren, which gets an extra Smite ability once an hour, or Dragonborn, which has a benefits from the Initiate of Bahamut feat if you're a Cleric (grants Smite ability 2 per day and stacks with other classes that grant Smite).

If you can't or don't want to use Pathfinder Paladin or Binder, then you'll probably need a few levels of the Ordained Champion PrC. As a Swift Action you can burn Turn Undead to gain a Smite attempt.

Things that multiply Smite damage:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Charging Smite Paladin 5 alternate class feature: When you Charge and Smite Evil, you deal an extra 2 damage per Paladin level, and your Smite Evil use isn't used unless you hit. Unfortunately it replaces your Special Mount, which can easily be a Paladin's most powerful class feature. PHB II.
    • Triadic Knight: Capstone ability you get the Threefold Smite ability - you burn 3 Smite Evil attempts, and as a full round action you make a single attack and get 3x the damage bonus (the To-Hit bonus stays the same). Champions of Valor.
    • Manyfang Dagger: Deals quadruple damage on each hit, or quintuple on a critical hit. Bonus dice of damage (like Sneak Attack) are never multiplied, and Power Attack can’t be applied to light weapons. But it works VERY well with Smite (and Craven). 32,302 gp, Serpent Kingdoms pg 152.
    • Devastating Smite (Paladin/Blackguard/Cleric 1): Swift Action. Your next Smite attempt deals double damage. Not limited to Smite Evil. The Forge of War pg 113.
    • Lance: Pretty basic piece of equipment which most melee characters should have. PHB.
    • Spirited Charge: Multiplies damage on Charge from a mount. PHB.
    • Riding Boots: Unnamed bonus to Ride, and if you have Spirited Charge you further multiply your damage when you Charge. DMGII pg 270.
    • Centaur: Multiplies damage on a Charge as a racial ability. It's noteworthy that Centaur are Monstrous Humanoids with fewer then 5 hit dice. So LA 0 races like the Lupin (Dragon Compendium) and Anthropomorphic creatures (Savage Species) can turn into one with Alter Self - and there are probably dozens of LA +1ish other monstrous humanoid races out there. Monster Manual.
    • Headlong Rush: Multiplies damage on any Charge, but provokes an attack of opportunity from everyone who threatens you (including your target). This can be avoided with a reach weapon. Or it can be used to your advantage with a King of Smack Karmic Strike/Vampiric Claws combo. Player's Guide to Faerun.
    • Rhino's Rush (Pal 2): Immediate Action spell. Multiplies damage on a Charge. Spell Compendium.
    • Battle Jump: Multiplies damage on a Charge if you drop from at least 10 feet above your enemy - which can be done with a moderately high Jump check, or by attacking from higher ground. Unapproachable East.
    • Valorous weapon enhancement: Multiplies damage on a Charge. Unapproachable East.
    • Anything with a good critical hit range or multiplier. Given the existence of the Scabbard of Keen Edges, I personally never bother with the Keen enhancement or wasting a feat on Improved Critical when there are so many other better options for feats. But this is debatable. PHB/DMG.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Person_Man View Post
    Have you seen the Smite Optimization thread? It has a lot of bits that should help out your build. In particular:

You're probably better off as a Pathfinder Paladin, Binder, or Cleric. Generic Paladin is actually a horrible source of Smite.

For your race, you should consider Killoren, which gets an extra Smite ability once an hour, or Dragonborn, which has a benefits from the Initiate of Bahamut feat if you're a Cleric (grants Smite ability 2 per day and stacks with other classes that grant Smite).

If you can't or don't want to use Pathfinder Paladin or Binder, then you'll probably need a few levels of the Ordained Champion PrC. As a Swift Action you can burn Turn Undead to gain a Smite attempt.

Things that multiply Smite damage:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Charging Smite Paladin 5 alternate class feature: When you Charge and Smite Evil, you deal an extra 2 damage per Paladin level, and your Smite Evil use isn't used unless you hit. Unfortunately it replaces your Special Mount, which can easily be a Paladin's most powerful class feature. PHB II.
    • Triadic Knight: Capstone ability you get the Threefold Smite ability - you burn 3 Smite Evil attempts, and as a full round action you make a single attack and get 3x the damage bonus (the To-Hit bonus stays the same). Champions of Valor.
    • Manyfang Dagger: Deals quadruple damage on each hit, or quintuple on a critical hit. Bonus dice of damage (like Sneak Attack) are never multiplied, and Power Attack can’t be applied to light weapons. But it works VERY well with Smite (and Craven). 32,302 gp, Serpent Kingdoms pg 152.
    • Devastating Smite (Paladin/Blackguard/Cleric 1): Swift Action. Your next Smite attempt deals double damage. Not limited to Smite Evil. The Forge of War pg 113.
    • Lance: Pretty basic piece of equipment which most melee characters should have. PHB.
    • Spirited Charge: Multiplies damage on Charge from a mount. PHB.
    • Riding Boots: Unnamed bonus to Ride, and if you have Spirited Charge you further multiply your damage when you Charge. DMGII pg 270.
    • Centaur: Multiplies damage on a Charge as a racial ability. It's noteworthy that Centaur are Monstrous Humanoids with fewer then 5 hit dice. So LA 0 races like the Lupin (Dragon Compendium) and Anthropomorphic creatures (Savage Species) can turn into one with Alter Self - and there are probably dozens of LA +1ish other monstrous humanoid races out there. Monster Manual.
    • Headlong Rush: Multiplies damage on any Charge, but provokes an attack of opportunity from everyone who threatens you (including your target). This can be avoided with a reach weapon. Or it can be used to your advantage with a King of Smack Karmic Strike/Vampiric Claws combo. Player's Guide to Faerun.
    • Rhino's Rush (Pal 2): Immediate Action spell. Multiplies damage on a Charge. Spell Compendium.
    • Battle Jump: Multiplies damage on a Charge if you drop from at least 10 feet above your enemy - which can be done with a moderately high Jump check, or by attacking from higher ground. Unapproachable East.
    • Valorous weapon enhancement: Multiplies damage on a Charge. Unapproachable East.
    • Anything with a good critical hit range or multiplier. Given the existence of the Scabbard of Keen Edges, I personally never bother with the Keen enhancement or wasting a feat on Improved Critical when there are so many other better options for feats. But this is debatable. PHB/DMG.

I did end up useing a lot of the things you listed to multiply damage but the OP said no mount otherwise I would have used a lance, riding boots and spirited charge in the build. Also he wanted a build for a Human Paladin 5/Anointed Knight 7/Kensai 8, otherwise I probably would have added in some of the extra things you suggested.
    Amazing avatar by Ceika

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow Ryu i most appreciated your work you have done for me and the hours that you "sacrificed" :)very good character sheet and records for all the things.awesome work again!!!!

let's see now:

1.how seems that build?is solid damage charger?have good saves etc?what is the con and pro?can you tell me your opinion? :)

2.what are the competence items?give me an example :)

3.so this build don't rely in smite so much as rely on charge.and for that i must upgrade my strength every 4 level as you said and not charisma.but charisma gives solid bonuses to all saves and with the smite bonuses to attack roll.what is your opinion in that 2 options?as you said and before the improved smiting and extra smiting are waste feats...

4.its weird to have an intelligent lance don't you think?i don't know, what mounts can you ride when you go underground and in dungeons.what mounts fits in there?

5.can i cast one bonus spell only 1st level with that build and wis 12?let's say devastating smite?so rhino's rush in wand as you said and how can i fit and the Smite of the Sacred Fire spell?with another wand?

6.Heart Seeking Amulet.do you think that is a must have item? :)

7.can i take the flaw shaky for one more feat or is a cheat-like cause i am melee base paladin always?and if i can what feat you propose?

8.one last thing Ryu.can you calculate carefully step by step the damage output for that build?and if i had a lance how much more damage you assume i deal?

and again thanx for your advices to all that guys

10. - Top - End - #10

1. It’s solid considering that you aren’t using a mount or Prcs that are meant for charging, but a mounted paladin or frenzied berserker do have more damage output.

2. The competence items (which I forgot to say are masterwork) are items in the Player’s Handbook that give a +2 to their respective skills. Like lockpicks for open lock, a magnifying glass for appraisal, or a set of tights for tumble.

3. The reason I said to put it into strength is because your strength is x1.5 to damage when using a Two-handed weapon. Granted your charisma is x2 but only on evil enemies and when you use divine might (which only lasts for one round). The reason you aren’t focusing on smite so much in this build is because you aren’t taking classes that maximize its potential. If you just asked for us to build you an ubercharger that smites that would be a different story, but you said that you wanted a Human Paladin5/Anointed Knight7/Kensai8 so that is what I built.

4. There is magic, dragons, orcs, elves, gnomes, warforged, devils, demons, angels, gods even and you find it weird that items might be intelligent? Also it’s the best weapon oil on that list. And a paladin’s mount can be summoned to you from the celestial realm where it resides. And most dungeons are big enough for minotaurs and dragons so they are probably big enough for your horse.

5. Yes you only get one first level spell a day from your Wis, you could buy wands of those spells but the Wand Chamber in your weapon only has room for one wand. There is the wand bracer in Dungeonscape and what that allows you to do is carry five wands on your arm and you can draw one as a swift action. But the casting time is the same. The main problem is that your weapon is two handed and you would need to drop it or somehow free up one of your hands to draw the wand.

6. The touch attacks are nice but it is only three times a day, if you are already looking into wands, look into a wand of 'Find The Gap'.

7. Flaws are up to the DM, it is best to not base a character around having the flaws because you never know what the DM will say. But if flaws are allowed try shaky and murky-eyed. As for the feats you get from them, take Mighty Charge and Improved Bull Rush, after that move Shock Trooper to level six, the bonus feat from Anointed Knight and the last feat are up to you, but you could take Cleave and Great Cleave. On the topic of DM decisions, the Quintessential Paladin is third party, so check it with your DM, if he says no then lose Divine Might, and move battle jump to your level 18 feat.

8. Ok, most of the formula I used on my first post will still be accurate, but there will be a few differences. Your damage at level 20 should be this: (Weapon + Enchantment + (STRx1.5) + (CHAx2) + Smite + Deep Strike + Mighty Charge + (PAx(Two-HandedxLeap Attack))x(Valorous + Rhino’s Rush + Battle Jump) (4d6+5+(15x1.5)+(8x2)+15+2d6+3d6+(18x6))x4. Your min/avg/max damages are 700/792/880. (These calculations are assuming that you are attacking an evil enemy and that you are power attacking your full bab.) As to the lance, it multiplies damage on a charge, but you have to be mounted to use that ability so it does you no good.
    Amazing avatar by Ceika

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Question: Would a Dragonborn (Wings) Raptorian be better as a Charger? Diving Charges can add multipliers that may be comparable to mounted charges.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

thanx again Ryu for your hard work and your time you spend :)

i can't have them all the most damaging ubercgarger paladin and mount and smites :)i want to play a character that i like the most you know what i mean.it's not a contest or arena something.one of the basics of roleplaying games is to make a character that you have in your mind and be that character in the time :)very accurate calculations there :)sweet.

another question now :) yes i know but you give very good advices.i saw and the guides of the Person_Man and is very good all and i want and his advices for that build only :)

1.so when someone cast me enlarge i will have large size and after with the planar touchstone huge?so that you said that i must imbue the weapon with sizing?

2.you think to not take level 8 kensai cause the skill that give then is not so good?trade attack roll and saves for others or is very good in your opinion?

3.later say after 20 level what you propose to take as prestige for maximizing charging and damage output that fit in tha concept of build?

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fau View Post
    Question: Would a Dragonborn (Wings) Raptorian be better as a Charger? Diving Charges can add multipliers that may be comparable to mounted charges.
    Why would you want to be a Raptorian AND a Dragonborn? You lose diving charge from Raptorian when you take Dragonborn.

Quote Originally Posted by dhusarra View Post
    thanx again Ryu for your hard work and your time you spend :)

i can't have them all the most damaging ubercgarger paladin and mount and smites :)i want to play a character that i like the most you know what i mean.it's not a contest or arena something.one of the basics of roleplaying games is to make a character that you have in your mind and be that character in the time :)very accurate calculations there :)sweet.

another question now :) yes i know but you give very good advices.i saw and the guides of the Person_Man and is very good all and i want and his advices for that build only :)

1.so when someone cast me enlarge i will have large size and after with the planar touchstone huge?so that you said that i must imbue the weapon with sizing?

2.you think to not take level 8 kensai cause the skill that give then is not so good?trade attack roll and saves for others or is very good in your opinion?

3.later say after 20 level what you propose to take as prestige for maximizing charging and damage output that fit in tha concept of build?
    1. What the Planar Touchstone does is effectively 'increase' your size by one. You count as huge and can use weapons of that size. Hence the 4d6 on the weapon damage instead of 3d6. That is why you want sizing on your weapon so it can increase in size with you.

2. It definitely reduces the cost on your wallet when it comes to your weapon, and adds to the amount of rounds that your +8 to str lasts, the 8th level ability is bad but it does upgrade your Ki Projection, which is great for your diplomacy.

3. I am not learned in the ways of epic levels because that is a whole different game, but the Prc Frenzied Berserker (mentioned earlier) increases your damage output via Power Attack. What it does is increase the damage you get back from investing into Power Attack to the max of put 1 in get 4 back.
    Amazing avatar by Ceika

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    Why would you want to be a Raptorian AND a Dragonborn? You lose diving charge from Raptorian when you take Dragonborn.
    No you don't, since it is a part of their racial flight ability. You explicitly keep any racial trait that grants alternate move speeds, diving charge bonuses included.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fau View Post
    No you don't, since it is a part of their racial flight ability. You explicitly keep any racial trait that grants alternate move speeds, diving charge bonuses included.
    "Speed: You retain your original base land speed, as well as any
    other modes of movement possessed by your original race. Other
    racial traits related to speed or movement
    , such as the dwarf’s
    ability to move at full speed in medium or heavy armor, are lost."

That includes the Raptorian Diving Charge.
    Amazing avatar by Ceika

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    "Speed: You retain your original base land speed, as well as any
    other modes of movement possessed by your original race. Other
    racial traits related to speed or movement
    , such as the dwarf’s
    ability to move at full speed in medium or heavy armor, are lost."

That includes the Raptorian Diving Charge.
    Well, so much for that idea.

17. - Top - End - #17

Yeah, Dragonborn isn't that great of a template unless your race has nothing except extra movement options and ability bonuses. Because most people overlook the fact that it gits rid of the Humans bonus feat.
    Amazing avatar by Ceika

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

yeah the frenzied berserker is good for raw damage output but i can' fit him in that concept that i have in my mind :)i must rearrange all the feats and prestige classes and the table that you have planned for me and you have did an amazing job in that :)

so we go to the second part of this guide i think now that the build was made :)

best possible items for that build except for the intelligent weapon.that is another story :)and again i want your advice :)

head (headband,hat,helmet or phylactery)

eyes (eye lenses or goggles)

neck (amulet,brooch,medallion,periapt, or scarab)

shoulders (cloak,cape, or mantle)

ring #1

ring #1

hands (gloves or gauntlets)

arms/wrists (bracers or bracelets)

body (suit of armor)

torso (vest,vestment, or shirt)

waist (belt or girdle)

feet (boots)

and anything competence items, books and other useful items you have in mind.and what is the WBL?

i have access to all 3.5 edition books so no problem here :)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

I assume that my items must be charge related to my build and not so in Charisma based to make solid damage to all types of enemies :)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

back again cause i play that character and i am 11 level same progression as it says but i want to make some alterations,
    1.no planar touchstone, no improved bull rush, no shock trooper( i have heartseeking amulet)
    2.instead item familiar and as story wise-roleplaying of annointed knight when she makes the intelligent weapon, sacred vitality and awesome smite.more solid build

what do you say? :)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Drop Kensai, make your weapon an Ancestral Relic or Item Familiar to upgrade it at a discount. Anointed Knight isn't really going to help your damage output either.

Go Cloistered Cleric 1/ Paladin 19, use the Charging Smite ACF from PH2 and the Divine Counterspell ACF in CM for Paladin. Cleric gives you Knowledge Devotion, Law Devotion, and the Inquisition domain. Take two flaws (pick from Bravado, Skulker, and Aligned Devotion), flaws must be taken when creating the character so if you start higher than 1st level they can show up at any level up to the one you're starting at. Get Martial Study (Tiger Claw) to get Jump as a class skill for your whole career, Practiced Spellcaster: Paladin, Power Attack, Divine Defiance (FC2), Battle Blessing, Leap Attack, and Extra Smiting. Pick up Item Familiar or Ancestral Relic if you have the spare feat, Martial Stance for Leaping Dragon Stance at level 10+ if you think you need it.

Use Armbands of Might, always Power Attack for -2 to hit for +6 damage two-handed, which Leap Attack increases to +12 and the errata makes it so that's not a multiplier. Charging Smite gives you the normal +1 damage per Paladin level plus an additional +2 damage per Paladin level, or +3 damage per Paladin level total. Get a Valorous (UE) weapon which doubles your charging damage, with Rhino's Rush you'll get another double which ends up being triple damage charging. At level 11 that's +90 damage from Charging Smite alone, your actual damage assuming Str 18 and a +1 Valorous Greatsword should be something like 6d6+147, and that's only power attacking for -2. Throw on Find the Gap and Power Attack for your full BAB, and it's 6d6+243 damage. None of that is even counting your Devotion feats, either.

The Cloistered Cleric dip gives you access turn uses to power Divine Defiance, which allows you to Counterspell as an immediate action, and you can use your Divine Counterspell ACF for it and not even have to make a Spellcraft check. Your Divine Counterspell is a Dispel check at (Paladin level -3), +4 for the Inquisition domain, +2 for at least 5 ranks in Kn: Arcana, and with a cheap Ephod of Authority you get another +1, so your Dispel check to counterspell is at Character Level +3. Plus you can freely use Wands and Staffs of any spells on the Cleric list, and those two Devotion feats more than make up for the loss of BAB for the dip.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Could you explain the Power Attack x6?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Metamagic Mod: Thread Necromancy
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)