Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1163
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lyinginbedmon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Co. Durham
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Nice to seem some new blood around

  2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Cuthalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Is it possible to join an ongoing comic or would it be better to start a new one?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.


    "So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

  3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forrestfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    For random kills, it doesn't matter, as it's mostly just silly fun. For the actual plots, it's probably a better idea to just join the current main story, just to keep the complexity down, I guess.

    I'm totally eventually going to get around to making a comic, I promise! Maybe...
    Lolth is so scary that even in TO, "having to be touched by Lolth" is recognized as a serious drawback for Lolth-touched.
    Ongoing Playtests:      The Avowed
    Handbooks:    Disregard Money, Acquire Buff Spells: Artificers without the Artifice E6 Plot Magic

    Avatar by Djinn in Tonic

  4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Primus Imperium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Is it possible to join an ongoing comic or would it be better to start a new one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    For random kills, it doesn't matter, as it's mostly just silly fun. For the actual plots, it's probably a better idea to just join the current main story, just to keep the complexity down, I guess.

    I'm totally eventually going to get around to making a comic, I promise! Maybe...
    Indeed. There's nothing you need to specifically do to join a plot, other than make a comic for it. And making a new plot hasn't really helped activity in the past - we should probably focus on Endless Winter for now.
    Discord: HalfTangible#7505
    I'm always available to talk (just let me know you're from the playground)

    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

    Extended Sig

    Avatar Source

    Current Roleplaying
    Karal Nord in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3e]
    GMing a Wyld Hunt [Exalted 3e]

  5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fay Graydon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dorset, England
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Hi everyone. how's things going?
    Im actually planning on rejoining with a new plot "Puppets of Destiny" name still pending.
    so yeah.
    Anyway got a job, so hopefully see ya soon with art!
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

  6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Out of country.

    smile Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fay Graydon View Post
    Hi everyone. how's things going?
    Im actually planning on rejoining with a new plot "Puppets of Destiny" name still pending.
    so yeah.
    Anyway got a job, so hopefully see ya soon with art!
    Hiya, Fay! Pretty good, if very very very busy and stressful.

    A new plot is always interesting, though it may be a bit difficult for people to focus on more than one as has been mentioned. Still would love to see what you have planned, however. :3

    Yay for new jobs and hopefulness! ^_^
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

  7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fay Graydon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dorset, England
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Hiya, Fay! Pretty good, if very very very busy and stressful.

    A new plot is always interesting, though it may be a bit difficult for people to focus on more than one as has been mentioned. Still would love to see what you have planned, however. :3

    Yay for new jobs and hopefulness! ^_^
    my idea was an.altered timeline, where a pantheon was implanted after The original fat fish fury, Fayte being the decider god of destiny (duh) only to go mad and start believing the mortals are meer puppets.
    so the main characters must.acquire the "essence" of gods, horseman, demons, whatever in order to be strong enough to.do battle without being instantly obliterated.
    but.each god they kill for its power causes a god of war style.problem. maybe they go to.hell and.break out Diskord, the god of madness to try and get his power too.

    just.somethin I've been thinking could make an epic plot!
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

  8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forrestfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Seeing as Avatar Battle Royale has sorta (d)evolved into a collaborative, plot-based webcomic, maybe we could bug the girl who made this thread to put a link pointing people who want that towards, here, and we could split off the random kill stuff into there.

    Just a thought.
    Last edited by Forrestfire; 2013-04-06 at 10:53 PM.
    Lolth is so scary that even in TO, "having to be touched by Lolth" is recognized as a serious drawback for Lolth-touched.
    Ongoing Playtests:      The Avowed
    Handbooks:    Disregard Money, Acquire Buff Spells: Artificers without the Artifice E6 Plot Magic

    Avatar by Djinn in Tonic

  9. - Top - End - #999
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    -skimmer-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alpha Complex
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fay Graydon View Post
    my idea was an.altered timeline, where a pantheon was implanted after The original fat fish fury, Fayte being the decider god of destiny (duh) only to go mad and start believing the mortals are meer puppets.
    so the main characters must.acquire the "essence" of gods, horseman, demons, whatever in order to be strong enough to.do battle without being instantly obliterated.
    but.each god they kill for its power causes a god of war style.problem. maybe they go to.hell and.break out Diskord, the god of madness to try and get his power too.

    just.somethin I've been thinking could make an epic plot!
    I thought you said you don't want to use Fayte anymore

    Anyway, let's not make another plot again. It would only slow the progress of both plots to half. However it seems like something that could be very well merged into EW. The settings are pretty much the same, both being set after FFF, where the only relevant differences are the non-existence of sovices and Threeshades finding the Amulet McGuffin first (though whether she found any of her shades along the way remains unknown).
    From here you can just consider Threeshades as one of your horsemen, the winter apocalypse could be the "bad thing" that happened when she died, the dragon souls could be the "essence" just waiting to be collected somehow and BAM, you just added some fluff to the setting without altering the current goal or it's meaning and you're all set to join us and do your thing.

    Atleast until you go inactive again after a single comic

    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Seeing as Avatar Battle Royale has sorta (d)evolved into a collaborative, plot-based webcomic, maybe we could bug the girl who made this thread to put a link pointing people who want that towards, here, and we could split off the random kill stuff into there.

    Just a thought.
    No, it's different. For example, we don't even have any rules for RKs while they do.
    ok maybe we have no armies rule, but still!
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2013-04-07 at 11:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show


  10. - Top - End - #1000
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Omicroncubed's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That one country on Earth
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    *plot related stuff concerning Fay's post*
    I'm more in support of this. Though I thought EW takes place after FFF:R, which somewhat differed from the original FFF. Eh, ABR's had way too many plots that I can barely keep up.

    ... And I haven't made a comic because I don't really know what to do. Also, if I have time next weekend, I'll try and make a comic; whether it's backstory about Lucy or an EW comic.
    Thing Thing Avatar Tutorial
    (Careful, it's old, so don't reply)

  11. - Top - End - #1001
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    -skimmer-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alpha Complex
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Omicroncubed View Post
    I'm more in support of this. Though I thought EW takes place after FFF:R, which somewhat differed from the original FFF. Eh, ABR's had way too many plots that I can barely keep up.
    Yeah, EW continues after FFF:R, but the relevant differences are pretty much just a different cast, sovices are now brand of soap and Threeshades finds the neverreallyplotrelevant amulet and dies instead of wreaking havoc across the continent, but it's still pretty much the same world and while some of the events are different, other mirror the original until said otherwise.
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2013-04-07 at 07:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show


  12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Why is it an endless winter by the way?

  13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Primus Imperium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    Why is it an endless winter by the way?
    According to Nitrine, because the released dragon souls that are carrying all the s*** in the atmosphere can't fall down for whatever reason.

    Also, Threeshades is dead.

    Also also... is anyone archiving the EW comics?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-04-11 at 09:06 AM.
    Discord: HalfTangible#7505
    I'm always available to talk (just let me know you're from the playground)

    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

    Extended Sig

    Avatar Source

    Current Roleplaying
    Karal Nord in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3e]
    GMing a Wyld Hunt [Exalted 3e]

  14. - Top - End - #1004
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    -skimmer-'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alpha Complex
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Also, Threeshades is dead.
    Only presumed dead actually. Both Nitrine and Cyban stood fairly close to the explosion(you can see them in the background) but survived somehow unharmed...so, maybe it didn't happen exactly as Nitrine remembers it. Let your imagination go crazy
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2013-04-11 at 09:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show


  15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Primus Imperium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Only presumed dead actually. Both Nitrine and Cyban stood fairly close to the explosion(you can see them in the background) but survived somehow unharmed...so, maybe it didn't happen exactly as Nitrine remembers it. Let your imagination go crazy
    Yes, but that was Nitrine and Cyban.
    Discord: HalfTangible#7505
    I'm always available to talk (just let me know you're from the playground)

    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

    Extended Sig

    Avatar Source

    Current Roleplaying
    Karal Nord in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3e]
    GMing a Wyld Hunt [Exalted 3e]

  16. - Top - End - #1006
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Cuthalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Oops. By the way, this little guy has minimal intelligence, powerful weapons. It was less of an explosion, more of a small vaporisation, at least so I imagined it.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.


    "So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

  17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Primus Imperium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Oops. By the way, this little guy has minimal intelligence, powerful weapons. It was less of an explosion, more of a small vaporisation, at least so I imagined it.
    ..... What? What little guy, exactly?

    Ah, the one in your comic? sry, i was confused.

    ... that's Cyban that's getting picked up, right?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-04-11 at 02:35 PM.
    Discord: HalfTangible#7505
    I'm always available to talk (just let me know you're from the playground)

    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

    Extended Sig

    Avatar Source

    Current Roleplaying
    Karal Nord in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3e]
    GMing a Wyld Hunt [Exalted 3e]

  18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Darklord Bright's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    I'm not entirely sure what's going on myself. I think the worm was vaporized or teleported, and I assume the green bean is Cyban because she's the greenest of the lot... but is that a tractor beam in the last panel, or some sort of radio-wave? It's just a little unclear.

  19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Primus Imperium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what's going on myself. I think the worm was vaporized or teleported, and I assume the green bean is Cyban because she's the greenest of the lot... but is that a tractor beam in the last panel, or some sort of radio-wave? It's just a little unclear.
    I got a very strong impression that Cyban was brought into the ship by grav-beam or something.
    Discord: HalfTangible#7505
    I'm always available to talk (just let me know you're from the playground)

    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

    Extended Sig

    Avatar Source

    Current Roleplaying
    Karal Nord in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3e]
    GMing a Wyld Hunt [Exalted 3e]

  20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Cuthalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Interpret it however. It could be a sound wave, I could draw it better, I should punch myself in the face. Sorry. *punches self in face*
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.


    "So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

  21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Calamity's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Endle∞ Winter Archives

    Endle∞ Winter Archives
    Spoiler
    Show
    1a. Memento
    1b. *kzrrt*
    1c. Two Years Ago
    1d. A Fat Fish's Fury subdued
    1e. Winter
    1f.
    1g. Time to Bring Back the Sun

    2a. Awesome
    2b. Must've Spent Too Long in the Cold

    3. I Can't Really Tell Either

    4a. Oh Dear
    4b. This Won't Do
    4c. Won't Do At All

    5. A Princess' Memory

    6. Story Time!

    7. Approach With Caution

    8. Well, He Can Fly...

    9. It's Not My Fault That It's My Fault

    10. A Hawkward Situation

    11. I'm Sure it Was Just a Slight Misunderstanding

    12. The Snowball Effect; Apparently Now Caused by Space-Time Anomalies!

    13a. Question Time
    13b. *kzzrt*
    13c. How to Bring Back the Sun

    14. Scarred

    15.She Must Have Good Hearing

    16. The Plan

    17. The Correct Terminology

    18. Armed with SCIENCE!

    19. She Has Such a Way With People, Doesn't She?

    20. Maybe He's Been Underground For Too Long

    21. Science Packed With Secrets 3200™

    22. I Think That's a Possible Avian Spy

    23. The Worm is Grey Because It's Cold, Ok?

    24. Cold Feet

    25. I Think She Took Being Threatened Rather Well

    26. Cheesed Off

    27. Well, a Yes Or No Would Have Probably Sufficed

    28. Yeah, How The Heck Did He Do That?

    29. Head-to-Head

    30. Helping!

    31. Look Out For Falling Worms

    32. I Don't Get It

    33. Enter the Ninja... Vampire... Person... Thing?

    34. Worm Food

    35. Cobalt Goes Clubbin'

    36. Voice of Reason

    37a. Homerun!!
    37b. He Has Laser Beams, Your Argument is Invalid

    38. Overcooked

    39a Snow-Drop
    39b. Worming Your Way In

    40. Well, That's One Way To Clean Up

    41. Liftoff

    42. I Think She Took It Rather Well

    43. -broken link, sorry -

    44. Sudden Apathy

    45. When Thunder Steals Your Thunder

    46. Not The Time To Argue

    47. Why Can't She Just Go Back To Having Her Fun?

    48. Undebatable

    49. Awakening

    50. It's All So Clear To Me Now

    51. Don't Think This Ship Has Any Planks

    52. Solid Kobold

    53. Collision

    54. Witch? Where? Why?

    55. Cyban's Flawless Plan

    56. Considerate

    57. Can He Really Endure 3 Minutes of This?

    58. Yondleheim's Plight

    59. Out For Blood... or In This Case, Oil??

    60. From The Snow Emerges...

    61. Sounds Like a Good Party

    62. Completely Inconspicious!

    63. Rime of Passage

    64. Which Hunting?

    65. Gleeful and Lilo



    EDIT: For neatness, I've moved what I had to say in this post to a spoiler (Not part of the archive):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello everyone! Sorry to see Endle∞ has slowed down, though that's partially my fault. I will try to make a comic when I can, it just takes me a very long time to do anything in Inkscape. I have a new laptop so I've also been trying to remake my templates, but truth is I don't have a lot of time lately, but yeah I'm sure most of you know how that feels anyway.

    By the way, I'm not really sure if I've dealt with Tiff's comics in the ideal way, you see I didn't even notice that some of the longer ones were split into separate images at first, and I'm kind of not sure if they'll have the right impact for archival purposes? I don't suppose it matters too much, at least it won't be like the FFF archives where there are some comics that have been deleted and things can get very confusing when going through them.

    Oh, and I'll update the archive when I can, but if anyone feels like taking over at any point, I certainly don't mind. Just copypasta and let me know.
    Last edited by Calamity; 2014-09-25 at 09:57 PM.

    Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.
    Avatar and LGBT banner by Dihan

  22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground
     
    HalfTangible's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Primus Imperium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Hello everyone! Sorry to see Endle∞ has slowed down, though that's partially my fault. I will try to make a comic when I can, it just takes me a very long time to do anything in Inkscape. I have a new laptop so I've also been trying to remake my templates, but truth is I don't have a lot of time lately, but yeah I'm sure most of you know how that feels anyway.

    Anyway, I haven't been totally unproductive, because I now present to you, in full HD the:

    Endle∞ Winter Archives


    By the way, I'm not really sure if I've dealt with Tiff's comics in the ideal way, you see I didn't even notice that some of the longer ones were split into separate images at first, and I'm kind of not sure if they'll have the right impact for archival purposes? I don't suppose it matters too much, at least it won't be like the FFF archives where there are some comics that have been deleted and things can get very confusing when going through them.

    Oh, and I'll update the archive when I can, but if anyone feels like taking over at any point, I certainly don't mind. Just copypasta and let me know.
    I think you missed one of -skimmer-'s recent comics. This one. And links directly to the image (as opposed to its photobucket page) are to the right under 'direct link'.

    Otherwise, awesome =3
    Discord: HalfTangible#7505
    I'm always available to talk (just let me know you're from the playground)

    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo

    Extended Sig

    Avatar Source

    Current Roleplaying
    Karal Nord in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3e]
    GMing a Wyld Hunt [Exalted 3e]

  23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Calamity's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I think you missed one of -skimmer-'s recent comics. This one. And links directly to the image (as opposed to its photobucket page) are to the right under 'direct link'.

    Otherwise, awesome =3
    You're right! Sorry about that, I missed it because of similar reasons to why I nearly missed Tiff's, it was a comic that I didn't realise was in two parts! I am going to triple check everyone's comics next time. Fix'd.

    Thanks for pointing it out, I knew I'd miss something somewhere!

    I'm not really sure how the links to photobucket happened, I tested all of the images before I posted and they went directly to the image. Well I'll try and fix it. EDIT: Photobucket is behaving really funkily, the URLs I used are all direct links, but sometimes it redirects to the page containing the image within the album. No idea how to fix that. Also it seems that the same problem is occurring with Tinypic
    Last edited by Calamity; 2013-04-17 at 08:38 AM.

    Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.
    Avatar and LGBT banner by Dihan

  24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Out of country.

    smile Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Interpret it however. It could be a sound wave, I could draw it better, I should punch myself in the face. Sorry. *punches self in face*
    Don't worry about that, the questions are usually to make sure that we don't step on each others claws. There is no need to feel like you haven't drawn well enough, just look at some of my oldest comics.

    ... Or rather, do so at your own risk. I hit my head against the wall when I see what PastVeak did just a few months ago, five years ago would be unspeakable. ._.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    You're right! Sorry about that, I missed it because of similar reasons to why I nearly missed Tiff's, it was a comic that I didn't realise was in two parts! I am going to triple check everyone's comics next time. Fix'd.

    Thanks for pointing it out, I knew I'd miss something somewhere!

    I'm not really sure how the links to photobucket happened, I tested all of the images before I posted and they went directly to the image. Well I'll try and fix it. EDIT: Photobucket is behaving really funkily, the URLs I used are all direct links, but sometimes it redirects to the page containing the image within the album. No idea how to fix that. Also it seems that the same problem is occurring with Tinypic
    It seems to be a problem with Photobucket in general, as the Murphy's Law archives have the same issue. Apparently, for Coffee, it worked to just click the link again. Same seems to be true for me, as it jumps right to the picture the second time if I let it load the first time. Does that help anyone? ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

  25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Soo...

    [Insert Obligitory joke about people runing and screaming from my presence here]
    How're things going right now, if I may ask?
    Last edited by Squark; 2013-04-17 at 07:36 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

    Currently Playing: Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures, Star Wars: Armada, Pokémon Y & α Sapphire

  26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forrestfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    It's going alright. I think everyone is just busy with life.

    I'd have drawn more stuff, except that my finals start in two weeks and school is deciding to pick up the pace a ton.
    Lolth is so scary that even in TO, "having to be touched by Lolth" is recognized as a serious drawback for Lolth-touched.
    Ongoing Playtests:      The Avowed
    Handbooks:    Disregard Money, Acquire Buff Spells: Artificers without the Artifice E6 Plot Magic

    Avatar by Djinn in Tonic

  27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    It's going alright. I think everyone is just busy with life.

    I'd have drawn more stuff, except that my finals start in two weeks and school is deciding to pick up the pace a ton.
    Err... Sorry, I should have been more specific.

    I stopped participating after an abortive attempt to join early in the FFF reboot. I'm not sure what you guys are doing, plot-wise, and I don't know if the archives are still being maintained.

    EDIT: I really should have read at least the last page. So, to see if I understand correctly;

    -FFF Reboot ended, and we are now in a continuation called Eternal winter, correct? So, is there a complete archive for either of these? The FFF reboot one linked in the OP seems incomplete.
    Last edited by Squark; 2013-04-17 at 09:09 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

    Currently Playing: Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures, Star Wars: Armada, Pokémon Y & α Sapphire

  28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forrestfire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    The Endless Winter archive is quoted a few posts up, and also here.
    Lolth is so scary that even in TO, "having to be touched by Lolth" is recognized as a serious drawback for Lolth-touched.
    Ongoing Playtests:      The Avowed
    Handbooks:    Disregard Money, Acquire Buff Spells: Artificers without the Artifice E6 Plot Magic

    Avatar by Djinn in Tonic

  29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Calamity's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    EDIT: I really should have read at least the last page. So, to see if I understand correctly;

    -FFF Reboot ended, and we are now in a continuation called Eternal winter, correct? So, is there a complete archive for either of these? The FFF reboot one linked in the OP seems incomplete.
    Actually the new plot is called Endle∞ Winter, but yes you've got the idea. As for the FFF:R archive, well I don't know whether it's complete up to the last comic or not but the plot was never finished I don't think (I dunno exactly, I wasn't around for the whole thing).

    It is a direct continuation of FFF:R, kinda like FI is to the original FFF. Although comparing the two is weird because they're wildly different plots, but yeah they're both sequels, I guess.

    Oh and yeah link to the archives for Endle∞ Winter above, I'll add a link to my sig for future reference and hopefully Lying would be very kind and add it to the first post of this thread if he reads this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenspleen View Post
    Here it finally is! My (probably not) long awaited introduction comic. This comic takes place shortly before Cuthalion's. If you can't tell, that gray thing at the end is the worm.

    Spoiler
    Show
    -le snip-


    I hope it's up to you guys' standards.
    Don't worry about being about being up to anyone's standards, this is ABR, no-one gets a prize for Best Art you know, and even if they did it wouldn't matter! Plus the truth is the more comics you make the more you improve (that's why I've improved a lot less than some of the other long-timers, I'm too lazy with drawing comics). As first comics go it's not bad, though... why was he falling?

    Oh, and by the way, welcome to the plot, that goes to both of the recent newcomers
    Last edited by Calamity; 2013-04-17 at 11:07 PM.

    Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.
    Avatar and LGBT banner by Dihan

  30. - Top - End - #1020
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Don't worry about being about being up to anyone's standards, this is ABR, no-one gets a prize for Best Art, you know, and even if they did it wouldn't matter! Plus the truth is the more comics you make the more you improve (that's why I've improved a lot less than some of the other long-timers, I'm too lazy with drawing comics). As first comics go it's not bad, though... why was he falling?

    Oh, and by the way, welcome to the plot, that goes to both of the recent newcomers
    Thanks. I'm still getting the hang of inkscape, but I hope to be able to produce comics at a faster rate eventually.

    I made him falling because I wanted him to enter into the plot in a mildly interesting way. Maybe I'll explain it later, who knows?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •