New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1163
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Don't worry about being about being up to anyone's standards, this is ABR, no-one gets a prize for Best Art you know, and even if they did it wouldn't matter! Plus the truth is the more comics you make the more you improve (that's why I've improved a lot less than some of the other long-timers, I'm too lazy with drawing comics). As first comics go it's not bad, though... why was he falling?
    If we did give out prizes, I have a slight feeling Tiffanie would win, if you ask me.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Cuthalion, I'm going to assume that everyone underneath the worm and in the immediate area was sucked up into the ship by the tractor beam, is that ok? I'm working on a comic and it kinda might depend on it (it's very unfinished... I've only just started). That would be Cyban, Ravenous Sky, Dr. Mandrogola (I assume he ended up underneath the worm) Chickenspleen's character, the worm rider and also possibly Nitrine and Spellscar (they were pretty close to the worm I think?). Skimmer, Cobalt and Lucy were fighting far away enough to not get sucked up, and obviously anyone further than them wouldn't have done either.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone, that would be embarrassing.

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Cuthalion, I'm going to assume that everyone underneath the worm and in the immediate area was sucked up into the ship by the tractor beam, is that ok? I'm working on a comic and it kinda might depend on it (it's very unfinished... I've only just started). That would be Cyban, Ravenous Sky, Dr. Mandrogola (I assume he ended up underneath the worm) Chickenspleen's character, the worm rider and also possibly Nitrine and Spellscar (they were pretty close to the worm I think?). Skimmer, Cobalt and Lucy were fighting far away enough to not get sucked up, and obviously anyone further than them wouldn't have done either.

Iron Ice.

Ravenous Sky is a deva inside his body you guys aren't supposed to know about yet.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Iron Ice.

Ravenous Sky is a deva inside his body you guys aren't supposed to know about yet.
    Oh right sorry I was confused about that, name mix-up. Iron Ice then. Pretend I said nothing

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

Oh right sorry I was confused about that, name mix-up. Iron Ice then. Pretend I said nothing
    ... Eh, I guess technically Sky went up there too. =p
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-04-18 at 09:43 PM.

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Hrmm... Contemplating trying to join yet again, but having some issues with each idea I've had.

1) Squark has spend the last [Insert number of years here] asleep on that same Mattress he was on in the third comic I drew for FFF:reboot. Advantage here is it's amusing, and Squark's established backstory was open enough I can avoid doing anything complicated with it. Disadvantage is I did actually make a 4th comic afterwords, and I suspect Squark showed up in other people's comics for a little while after I stopped making them, as well.

2) I go with the very, very original concept I had for Squark; That is a magical talking penguin with magical abilities who found himself on Sigil. (Yeah, this is before I inflicted him on ABR). Advantage is I can easily get a clear framework here, I don't need to introduce much baggage to the plot, and I have a pretty good idea of an acceptable power level for Squark. Disadvantage is that while once I get Squark here any ties to Planescape are pretty much finished, I'm struggling on figuring out how to get Squark through a door* and into Avbaroy. Also, it'll be a tad confusing to those of you who've never had the good fortune to come across planescape lore. Also, and maybe I'm being overly cautious, but it feels like I'm overcomplicating things here.

3) I try to keep the basic concept of 2) (Magical talking penguin), but incorporate it into Avbaroy. Least complicated for the plot, but I'm wracking my brains at the moment for how to pull this off.

*Long story short for those of you who don't know much about the old Planescape Campaign setting: Sigil is a very, very strange city, that acts as a hub for crossplanar traffic. A big part of the reason for this is it's not uncommon for doors in the city to actually be portals to another plane. Sometimes this is temporary, while other portals are temporary. My idea here is Squark is running for his life, runs through a door-turned-portal to Avbaroy, and then ends up stuck here when the portal closes.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ettin in the Playground

Since Mushroom Kingdom exists in Avbaroy (or at least the castle), you could always say he came through one of the interdimensional portals that pock the area. Heck, the portal closing could have been simultaneous with the magical shockwave wrecking everything.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

Please. Go ahead. I didn't think about the people under the worm until later.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

Dragon sympathizers. *shakes head*

Just so you know, Spellscar and anyone else who would be there are there, but I didn't have the time to draw them in. They're still there, however.

Oh, and, nobody's quite in danger yet unless you stay quiet and let yourselves die.

I'm also not going to do that detailed of drawings every time.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Dragon sympathizers. *shakes head*

Just so you know, Spellscar and anyone else who would be there are there, but I didn't have the time to draw them in. They're still there, however.

Oh, and, nobody's quite in danger yet unless you stay quiet and let yourselves die.

I'm also not going to do that detailed of drawings every time.
    Time to do what I do best: things that are ludicrous and a little confusing.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Troll in the Playground

Time to do what I do best: things that are ludicrous and a little confusing.
    I figured at least you would have fun.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys, new avatar and new character!
    Opinions?

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

Very nicely drawn, quite imaginative take on the stick-figure style.

Though now I have an urge to get antidotes against being turned into small animals, eep! O_O

Or challenge the character to Quidditch. X3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know if this joke is as funny as it seemed in my head.

That said, this sort of also sets up Spellscar's magic immunity. I'll have to figure out a way to explain it in-comic, but just in case anyone needs to understand? She basically got so blasted by the magic when that statue exploded that she became a sort of magic Negative Zone. She's so magical that magic that comes in direct contact with her is swallowed up like a singularity, but she can't actually use any of that magic.

Basically, when she went "Man, I'm sad and I can't cast even basic spells. Why don't you help me out? I'll take anything!" Lilotte was like "Okay, now you'll make everyone else's magic not work on you. That's fair, right?

So she'll absorb the damage of a fireball (but still be thrown back by the force itself), and maybe be able to prevent magic if she grabs onto someone, but otherwise she's just a chick with a sword for an arm.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ettin in the Playground

So, it's the very definition of Cursed With Awesome.

(Anyway, have another apology for not getting anything drawn in forever. Delays happened, and more delays happened, and my last exam is monday night, so I will try my hardest to get something up Tuesday)

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    I don't know if this joke is as funny as it seemed in my head.
    ... Suggestion's not quite what Iron is doing, exactly, but hey, it works and shows off Spellscar's power.

That said, this sort of also sets up Spellscar's magic immunity. I'll have to figure out a way to explain it in-comic, but just in case anyone needs to understand? She basically got so blasted by the magic when that statue exploded that she became a sort of magic Negative Zone. She's so magical that magic that comes in direct contact with her is swallowed up like a singularity, but she can't actually use any of that magic.

Basically, when she went "Man, I'm sad and I can't cast even basic spells. Why don't you help me out? I'll take anything!" Lilotte was like "Okay, now you'll make everyone else's magic not work on you. That's fair, right?

So she'll absorb the damage of a fireball (but still be thrown back by the force itself), and maybe be able to prevent magic if she grabs onto someone, but otherwise she's just a chick with a sword for an arm.
    So Lilotte has a warped sense of humor, then. I like her already.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

... Suggestion's not quite what Iron is doing, exactly, but hey, it works and shows off Spellscar's power.
    Eh. He's glowing and doing some sort of Jedi mind-trick, and that's enough for me to assume it's magic based suggestion type effect. Besides, he said suggestion with a lower-case S. She was the one who assumed it had a capital.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Eh. He's glowing and doing some sort of Jedi mind-trick, and that's enough for me to assume it's magic based suggestion type effect. Besides, he said suggestion with a lower-case S. She was the one who assumed it had a capital.
    Fair enough For future reference, the effect is actually on IRON (a la the uber-lie potion in OoTS) not the other person.

But that's not really something that can be easily seen... and the idea that Spellscar is still immune to it is both cool and frightening... hmmm...

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

Fair enough For future reference, the effect is actually on IRON (a la the uber-lie potion in OoTS) not the other person.

But that's not really something that can be easily seen... and the idea that Spellscar is still immune to it is both cool and frightening... hmmm...
    Hey, if it gives you something to work with, it's gotta be worth something, right?

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Very nicely drawn, quite imaginative take on the stick-figure style.

Though now I have an urge to get antidotes against being turned into small animals, eep! O_O

Or challenge the character to Quidditch. X3

not.sure how her magic will work yet, thought like curses... but that's drawn out and complex... so maybe like just basic black magic XD
    also... Quidditch? seriously
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion thread XXXV - Rise of the Pervsharks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Graydon View Post
    not.sure how her magic will work yet, thought like curses... but that's drawn out and complex... so maybe like just basic black magic XD
    also... Quidditch? seriously
    Basic black magic is good, though I think everybody has their own definition of what constitutes that colour of magic. X3

Well, how often do you find someone with a broomstick that flies? ^_~
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll be making a comic as soon as I finish the necessary character templates. I've only done HalfTangible so far.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

You quick, boy! We're lucky our comics don't really contradict one another.

Like I said in the thread, basically just place mine before yours; or rather, the black panels of yours take place shortly before my comic, and the last panel takes place just after. But for ease of archival, just place mine first and say they went back to arguing so as not to think about it or something.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ettin in the Playground

Cyban continues to be my favorite character of the current lineup

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Cyban continues to be my favorite character of the current lineup
    Cyban (my phone corrected that to 'Cuban') is friggen awesome

*making lasagna but will go back to drawing soon

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenspleen View Post
    I'll be making a comic as soon as I finish the necessary character templates. I've only done HalfTangible so far.
    Do you have any particular preference for your character's eye color?

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Pixie in the Playground

Do you have any particular preference for your character's eye color?
    Not really, plain black is fine.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenspleen View Post
    Not really, plain black is fine.
    Brown it is.

LATER: I think I've rewritten Iron's entire personality over the last few comics. The guy was supposed to be compassionate (if snarky) and while he may very well be a great guy in the Exalted universe (a place where you count yourself lucky if you have a local Lunar hasn't slept with EVERYONE'S spouses) his morality is a lot more gray here.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just thought I'd post here to say that I won't be able to make comics for the next 3 or 4 weeks just in case something happens in the plot. I'll probably be able to make posts, but that depends whether I still have any power left on my mobile.

While I'm gone though, enjoy this picture of Lucy attempting to nom a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show

... Not that I had a comic to make anyway, I'm kinda stuck.
    Thing Thing Avatar Tutorial
    (Careful, it's old, so don't reply)

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

In mostly unrelated news, I recently played Galactic Civilizations 2 as a custom ArZoot race. The ArZoot, led by Grand Empress Cyban, colonized many worlds, naming each one "ArZoot" and then adding the appropriate number on the end. At least one of them was an Aquatic World, ArZoot 4, if I remember right.

In the end, though, it wound down to keeping the Yor (Think Borg) from assimilating my culture. The ArZoot did this by showing them with cultural upgrades that ArZoot culture was SUPERIOR, causing several of the borg-race to rebel and join the ArZoot.

Just as full-scale galactic war was looming on the horizon, the ArZoot achieved victory by doing what many thought impossible!

Spoiler
    Show
    They Ascended. You see, we had been preparing for our ascension since we were first able to travel the stars! As long as we held off our destruction for long enough, nothing else we did mattered while a slow and steady victory was in our grasp!

So the ArZoot became immortal beings.

I'm sure Cyban's first act as God-Emperor of mankind was to rename the universe "ArZoot 9" or some such nonsense.

So, yeah. Kneel before Zod, I guess.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2013-05-16 at 01:12 AM.