New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [TWI] Twilight, The Final Frontier: Twipires IN SPACE!!!!

Solo and Friends
    Jack feels the pain as he slams into the cave wall, though he knows he will stand again in a few minutes. It's his gift; one day it would likely be a curse, but Jack found he rather enjoyed it most of the time.

Han ducks behind the nearest piece of lab equipment and draws his blaster, opening fire on the guards without a word to the knive wileding psychopath. He'd learned enough in the last few days to leave him to...

Magnoda grins as he draws his own gun; an old-style gun that still fired metal slugs. It wasn't as good against body armor, but it DID ignore most personal 'energy' shields. He aims for the face, ignoring the man's body armor.

Lev follows Han's example, ducking behind cover with him, aiming at any guards that fire on Magnoda, hoping to keep the man covered.

Kirk
    (I'll let Indy make the first move; I think I'm going to like the meeting, but I can't think of how to start it. )
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Picard

"Warp Three, Commander. Engage."

Enterprise

"Open a channel to the Constitution-Enterprise, Ensign."

The Ensign does his duty, and Picard rises from his chair as Kirk comes onscreen.

"Captain Kirk, this is Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Sovereign-Enterprise. We are on a Priority-One mission concerning a warning delivered to us by the Q entity. I respectfully request your aid in this mission."

Picard. Always formal and on ceremony, stuffy and authoritative in public. The two had attended the Academy together briefly; Picard was in his last year when Kirk was just arriving. That Picard was a...much different individual than the man before him. James rather doubted that this Picard would ever challenge someone to a drinking contest over an insult involving the Kobayashi Maru.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #243

Kirk
    Kirk grins from his seat on the bridge, "Captain Picard. It's been too long; I'd love to help you; Q warned us while we where investigating a dimensional rift. Mr.Spock will send over our readings on the rift to you now." He gestures for Spock to, to quote Picard, 'Make it so.'

To say Picard and Kirk were different was, well, yes. Different interests. Different skills. Different flaws. Different interpretations of the nature of the Alliance. They couldn't be more different; but they were both legends that would endure long after they died. Men who had saved the Alliance more times than could be counted.
    Last edited by doliest; 2011-10-10 at 10:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Legato
    In his quarters on his ship, Legato takes his own sweet time. each of his four prisoners has been strapped down to a table before the psion. One, however, is filled to the brim with tubing and pumps, all culminating on a valved pipe above his head.

A melody plays in the background. Symphony; pure music, no clumsy organic hands tainting the perfect sound. A servant wheels in a silver cart covered in a white sheet. Wordlessly, the servant pulls off the sheet and leaves. Underneath is a set of silver utensils, several wine-glasses, a china plate, some decoratively arranged napkins, and a single blue rose in a glass tube.

Legato picks up one of the champagne glasses and swirls his finger around the rim. He walks over to the man entrapped in tubes, and with a subtle joy turns the valve. The tubes spring to life, jolting through the man's systems. He screams out in pain as the device performs its foul work, draining him. Out of the nozzle attached to the valve, blood begins to treacle. Legato places his champagne glass under the nozzle, closing the valve when his glass his half full.

Bluesummers sips from his glass, and wistfully sighs. He then retrieves a steak knife and fork, as well as the china plate and pair of napkins. Walking over to the next man, the lunatic places the fork and knife against his prisoner's bicep. Legato is not completely blinded by his hate; even humans can serve this purpose.

Before he can cut, Legato is interrupted by the warning of a ship. Exasperated, Legato hisses, "Display visual."

Outlaw Star
    Gene growls, "Damn it! There's no end to them!" Gilliam implores, with what almost be considered worry by the AI, "Gene, the Reavers are breaching our hull. It will only be a matter of minutes before they are inside the ship, and our current systems are not optimized for such intrusion."

"I know! Just give me a minute!... Alright. Aisha, if they breach us, I want you out there taking them down. Don't hold back!"

"What, you mean it? You realize you might lose half the ship?"

"Are you a Ctarl-Ctarl or aren't you!?"

"Puny human! I could tear their whole fleet apart with my bare hands! How dare you question the mighty Ctarl Ctarl!" There's some truth to what Aisha said. Ctarl Ctarl are vicious in combat, especially berserk. The last recorded incident of a Ctarl Ctarl rampage recorded over 900 deaths, and thousands of severe injuries. And that was over a wrestling match.

"Jim, Melfina, if they get too far, I want you two to hide. Are we clear? Don't do anything stupid. Just try and hope for the best. Me, Suzuka, and Aisha will try to hold them off."

"But Gene-"

"Understand?"

"Yes, Gene."

"... Yes."

"Alright. Melfina, how are we doing on getting out of here?"

"I'm still searching for a way out; it's difficult with all this movement." Melfina was created for the sole purpose of navigation. While standard space-faring is her most common practice, she shines at locating and traversing galactic ley-lines. Paths between planets and galaxies, these vast invisible trails of energy reach across space, and some even say dimensions. Right now, the innocent android is trying her hardest for even a hint of ley-line, something she can teleport the whole ship on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

Mal
    Book was sitting on the ramp of the cargo door, just watching silently. Mal was completely motionless, staring at the spinning rocks that had once been a world, his face carefully closed, only his eyes giving voice to the sheer tumult his mind was going through.

There should be people here. There should be a world. Instead, there was nothing but debris and broken dreams. The magnitude of the crime is too large for him to comprehend. Oh, if pressed he could talk about it easily It was beyond all human experience. It led only to total incomprehension.

River
    She pauses, and looks at you, sharply intuitive as though expecting to find exactly what you intended written in fine print on your forehead. Then she lowers her head when she sees no such thing, and shrugs. "I don't know. I don't understand."
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Captain Kirk, Picard
    The two of you exchange information quickly on what you have discovered. Unfortunately, Q was equally maddeningly unhelpful to both of you. Picard knows a little more of what it intends, and Kirk can at least say how whatever it is got here, though what it is, where it came from and what it was is still a mystery.
    It’s also a very cumbersome way to transmit information. Things would be a lot more efficient if you met in person. Technology an innovation have come a long way, but it’s yet to find a more efficient way of transferring information then word of mouth.

Legato
    Duncan’s eyes were closed and his breathing steady, even when you put the knife against his arm he didn’t even flinch or tense. It was an old technique for dealing with torture taught to all blademasters. Taking your brain away and becoming detached from the body, no longer feeling fatigue or pain or anything, simply knowing about them intellectually.
    The doctor, meanwhile, had almost passed out, and the Mentat was trembling with emotion, although what he was feeling you’re not sure. Rage? Hate? Terror? Anything. And you didn’t particularly care to find out.
    Gurney, on the other hand, is looking at you with bombardiers eyes, his inkvine scar twisting his jaw. There is no fear in those eyes. Just hate and defiance. You can do whatever you want to that man, but you won’t break him. It's strange. Such a long time that you'd been exposed to anything as simple as human courage, that you'd almost forgotten what it's like.

REBOOTING OPERATING SYSTEM. SENSORY SYSTEMS REINITIALIZING.

The black screen roiled, then derezzed. Pixels swam in a dizzying loop, caught in a whirlpool, finally forming a picture of the air above the camp.

OCCULAR SENSORS ONLINE.

The ocean of black that was the Pandoran Night sky showed a single spaceship flying above, firing at the figures bellow. It wasn’t any form of government ship, it must have arrived later. Just the same, it had passable weapons systems. Readings showed that there was nobody inside it, an illegal AI was apparently taking care of that itself.

Bebop
    A curved section of the hull slid back into place with a soft thud. Air began to hiss gently from hidden vents, and you feel your ears pop gently as the cabin pressurizes. But you barely notice, because the Reavers just got in.
    The Alpha’s were supposed to be tall and perfectly formed, indeed so perfect that they barely even appear human, as though each one were modeled after some statue of a Greek God. The Reavers did not look that way at all. The Assembly lines that built them had been malfunctioning for a long time, and so many of them were slightly malformed, as though their features were wax that had strayed too close to a open flame. Furthermore, living by eating each other and with no concept of personal grooming or the like, as well as the vast number of scars they all bore, they had degenerated further. Now they looked less human then many of the aliens you’d met, the likeness just strong enough to disturb you all. More to the point, driven by some incomprehensible love of self mutilation, they have torn of vast portions of their skin, and pierced it with metal. But for all that, they are still designed to be in perfect human condition, and they don’t know pain or fear. The only way to put one down is to make sure you kill it, then bury it under a rock. And even then, make it a large rock and don’t turn your back on it.
    They are coming for you now, materializing out of the smoke like evil spirits.
    The leader, with matted blond hair and a beard streaked with grey and black, looking like some cross between a Viking and a giant from a children’s book, roars, his voice so rough and broken that it barely sounds human anymore. The rest of the pack growl and snarl like beasts; occasionally punctuated by shrieks and moans.
    The leader takes his Qualta Blade, that any collector would trade an arm and a leg for, and probably would have to in order to get it away from him, swings it before him, firing it like a pulse rifle. His followers, on the other hand, brandish a varied (and in some cases, pitiful) assortment of weapons, rusted axes, dull knives, and splintery clubs, as well as weapons they’d improvised themselves that added a whole new dimension of terror to being wounded. A few had chainswords, and you even spot a chainfist lurking towards the back, crackling with energy as it whirs evilly.

Solo and Friends
    The bullet passes through the shield and grazes his face. It would have taken him between the eyes, but by luck as much as reflexes he managed to avoid the shot. Feyd-Rautha’s face opens into an ‘O’ of surprise, an expression that said more clearly then words could have done that, for all his intelligence and readiness to fight, he had expected to live a long, happy life where he shot people but was never shot himself. Shot at, perhaps, but actually hit? That wasn’t part of the plan at all.
    His expression changes then, darkening even more, until his eyes are possibly burning with insane hatred.
    “You shouldn’t have done that.” He whispers madly, the look of surprise replaced with a wide, trembling grin.
    The soldiers meanwhile begin a range of fire with their shocklances, a series of blue arcs of fire that fill the air with the stench of ozone and an acrid smoke, sticking your hair on end. Fortunately the blasts are fairly easy to avoid, although they make cover fairly superfluous. But they only need to hit you once, you’ve seen the results once and watching someone’s skin boil off isn’t an experience you’d care to repeat.

Junior
    Seeing books burn is a terrible thing. Once they start burning books, they’ll soon be burning people, for one thing. For another, destroying knowledge seems vaguely obscene. There is a huge pile of them before the palace, ancient manuscripts depicting the proud warrior history of the Klingon people. It’s their past, their existence. And they are being burned by a mob, who threw more and more on the pile, chanting all the while, while a drum beat sounded from the enormous speakers above the square, and a few klingons in white robes looked on, with the harsh faces of executioners who took satisfaction from their work.
    You didn’t understand the language, but what they are chanting, again and again, is ‘way of peace’. They haven’t noticed you.

Flash Gordan, John Stalvern
    “Sir, you can’t be seriously considering the ramblings of a madman in any way worthy of consideration.” She says, a little shrilly, staring at you with eyes that plead you to reconsider. “He’s only recently returned from a leave of absence after suffering post traumatic stress. He’s clearly suffering a relapse.” She wasn’t there. She hadn’t seen what you had, only heard about the aftermath. She can’t be expected to understand.

Hober Mallow
    The communication device buzzes, and the screen flickers on. He begs your indulgence a moment and steps aside, in order to talk. You'd dearly like to know what he's saying, but a sound dampener leaves it as so much White Noise. He takes it up to look at it, and his face changes from curiosity to open horror, then lowers it, shaken. "Meeting ajourned. Consideration vetoed." He says, spreading his arms to make sure he has everyones attention, then without another word turns and walks out of the building, ignoring the questions and leaving you wondering what the hell is going on.

Outlaw Star
    The Ctarl-Ctarl finds the hull breaches, with enormous hollow drills on the Reaver ships having torn into the hull like enormous ticks, letting the Reavers in without letting the artificial atmosphere out. Most of the attention of their flotilla is focused on you, not your friends, since your doing a much better job of fighting back, but if you do escape you’ll be leaving them alone. Which is why Gene is trying to fight his way through the swarm enough to link up. At the very least outcome, you can die with your friends.
    The first one climbs into the ship, eyes bloodshot, splintered teeth bared. Once they overwhelm you, you can look forward to enduring their depravity, which really doesn’t lend thinking about.
    It’s then that Melfina uncovers something. She’s not sure where it leads, but it does seem to be their only hope.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Pixie in the Playground

Shevek

Shevek waves his hand at Kirk as he comes on screen.

"Greetings. We are not ambassadors from the planet Annares."

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bebop

The Bebop has a fairly impressive weapons locker. Unfortunately the weapons in it are mainly designed to capture bounty heads alive. Nothing to put down hordes of Reavers. They do have two assault rifles though that Jet and Faye begin to empty into the on coming horde.

Spike himself picks off any that get too close with his handgun as tough as their augmentation has made them they still need their brains to remain unpunctured by lead.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

9. - Top - End - #249
    Pixie in the Playground

Flash Gordon
    "Yes I am. I take any potential threats to my crew and mission seriously. get used to it." He tells Janeway, then looks over at the sergent. "Make it so. If you have any trouble getting the men to comply to the suggest changes, come straight to me and I'll see what I can do." He says, giving you a charming smile.

Riddick
    "We'll see." He replies, and goes back to trying to get through the door.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk
    "I find his denial to be suspect." Spock says, in the tone of voice of one who would not really understand the phrase 'sense of humor' if one were to sit him down for an hour and explained it with diagrams.

Shevak
    "Tell me, isn’t it considered bad manners to interrupt to old friends meeting on your planet, or is common courtesy too much structure for you?" Riker asks, intending to chastise you.
    He's really finding your insistence in refusing anything that could be construed as authority as irritating, verging on ridiculous.

Flash Gordon
    "...Yes sir." She says, though she doesn't sound very happy about it. "Now if you could turn your attention to more important matters, perhaps we could lift off. We still have an hour of preperations, and this is only going to delay us even more."

Riddick
    "As you like it." He says patiently, and leaves you searching for a crack that doesn't exist. There is no way you're getting out of this room using what you have on hand.
    Nothing to improvise, nothing to take advantage of, the guards beyond your reach. The vents are too small to crew through, and are bolted shut anyway, and there is no way to get this door open.

Bebop
    The leader staggers back, his chest suddenly pefforated enough to see out his back, torn to shreds under four rounds rapid, For a moment he stops, staring down at the hole in his midsection with stupid malevolence as he tries to understand how that got there, only to get shoved over and trampled by his followers in their haste to get at you, crushed under their mad rush.
    The pulse clips Faye, lifting her off her feet and sending her flying with the raw force, to smash painfully against it and slide down. It's not enough to put her down, it seems it was on a low setting and he didn't know how to chage that, or it was running low on power.
    You continue to lay down fire, and the Reavers simply charge into your fire, trying to drag you down with weight of numbers, heedless of the casulties.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-10-12 at 11:04 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

Shevek

Shevek frowns. "Pardon if I offended, Commander Riker."

It's different standards from different cultures. And from Shevek's perspective, he made merely made a brief interjection during a lull in the conversation.

It'll take a while for the concept of ranks to percolate into his mind.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Picard

He tactfully ignores Shevak's outburst. At least, for now.

"Captain Kirk, I recommend we meet on the surface to discuss the situation face to face. There is something to be said about face to face contact."

And both of them were far too proud to be a guest on the other captain's Enterprise.

Hober Mallow

"Well, fine, gents. You have my wave frequency if you change your minds."

He shakes hands and exchanges parting pleasantries, and once those are over, heads back to his ship, not running, but rather walking fast enough to make it close and slow enough to still be dignified.

He activates the ship computer, and taking off one of his many rings, slips it into a plug on the mainframe.

"Okay," he mutters. "Let's see if I can't hear what they didn't want me to hear. Ultrawave Relay on, and play."

Preem

His mind comes into close contact with River's, as he attempts to still and quiet her thoughts and emotions. To make the neural pathways regular and normal. To make her better, and the way she once was. Before the Academy.

He works delicately and skillfully, and River knows this is far from the first time he has done this. Has done more than this.

For a moment, then, River's mind is still. The damage from the Academy repaired. For the moment, she is far more sane than she has been in ages.

The First Speaker (not that any of the crew know that, of course) smiles.

"I did it..."

And then he collapses, unconscious, and River's sanity slips away without his mind to help process its own thoughts.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ratchet

He ducks behind a tree as his shield is quickly overloaded. He sighs in relief as he hears the bullets dig into the bark. "Aphelion, no pressure or anything, but I think we need heavier Ariel support. Preferably before these bullets find their mark." Aphelion drops down from above for another round. This time the female AI ship comes in to drop smart bombs down on the mech. Ratchet meanwhile quickly tries to reset his shields.

Junior

Junior taps the earpiece on the side of his head and it extends into a visor. He then uses this visor to start transmitting visual and audio data to the Durandal. He then whispers, "This is Junior to Durandal come in. I've got something here. Care to tell me who these guys are and just what the heck they are doing Shelley and Mary?"

14. - Top - End - #254

Kirk
    "Of course, Captain-and, the not-ambassador is invited as well." Kirk waves his hand to signal the ending of communications as he stands, "Spock, McCoy, Scotty? We're beaming down to the planet. Officer Sulu, you have the bridge."

Solo and Friends
    Solo and Lev keep moving, trying to stay in sync to avoid hitting each other or getting in each others way. They don't worry about Jack; he's safe thanks to being...well....Jack.

Magnoda had never particularly liked blasters. There were a lot of reasons why; personal energy shields were alot easier to create than anything to stop a good old slug. Guns were also alot less likely to fail for some technical reason-you couldn't make some techno-babble burst and disable a gun, most of the time. And, of course, he had one last advantage; a bullet's pattern of fire was different than a lasers. Gravity had alot more affect on a bullet than a burst of energy, after all. He was used to calculating where the bullet would actually go, where as this guy was going to dodge like it was a laser. Unlikely to matter 9 times out of 10, but all he needed was the 1, and he liked those odds.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk, Picard, Shevak
    You meet on red sands beneath empty skies. Mars was terraformed a long time go, but the vast majority of it is empty, only the massive foundries that are the industrial heart of the Alliance dotting it's surface. It's good, neutral ground.
    Kirk has brought Spock and McCoy with him, Picard has brought Riker and the new counselor. It's good, even ground. And it's not on camera.

Solo and Friends
    Magnoda fires two more shots, the first grazing his temple, the second hitting him in the lung, and then his finger doesn't respond, because of the knife that just carved nine inches out of his shoulder, severing the muscle and rendering the entire thing just so much dead weight until he can see a doctor.
    Feyd-Rautha does not look like he's about to be offering a time out to rest, recover and get your breath back. In a movement disturbingly like embracing you, he drives his shoulder into your chest as you fumble for your plasma pistol with your left hand, and drives his two knives into both your kidneys, baring his teeth savagely as he does, his eyes wild and joyful, making him ugly. As you stumble, he then twists them, just to make sure you got the hint.
    White hot agony fills you like a living thing, as your entire body screams in process at the sheer agony., then he rips them out, making the process infinitly worse. You collapse, bleeding horrifically and mortally wounded, in so much agony your brain has shut down all higher functions so you cannot distract yourself.
    The others are accounting themselves better. A pair of guards slump as Chewie explodes up behind them and slams their heads together with a wet sound, like a boot hitting cement. Solo and Lev are crouched behind a Melange bin they are using for cover, and have accounted for seven of the troops between them, and both are without a scratch. The soldiers are reluctant to fire, since Shocklances are not a precise weapon, and that Melange is worth more then their lives and a hundred like them besides.
    Jack, meanwhile, grits his teeth and pulls the knife out of his chest as he dies (again), and the wound heals. He's just in time to see what happens to Magnoda.

Junior
    "That." She says, looking at the Klingons with undisguised confusion and naked dread. "Is a really bad sign. Up there with Buddhists eating babies. Something must have happened to get them really riled up."

Hober Mallow
    Their security protocols are good. They'd have to be to stay in business. But you do manage to get through. They've lost communication with a rim world. And by lost communication, they mean the entire world has vanished, gone with no trace, not so much as an energy signature. As though it never existed.
    Now that's disturbing. You might be trying to struggle through a war-time economy soon.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Pixie in the Playground

Shevek

Shevek scoops up a small sample of red dirt and inhales, breathing in the strange scents of a new world, smiling like a child.

He did come on this mission to preserve the freedom of his planet, but whether he admits it to himself or not, he wished to see new sights.

He raises a palm in greeting as the delegation from the other Enterprise arrives. Best not to commit anymore strange social trangressions that are so endemic to the archists...

He blinks. "Why are there so many ships in your fleet named 'Enterprise'?"

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

John Stalvern
    He scowls at her comment and says,"It does not matter if there is delay or not, the precautionary measures will save lives. And make less zombies. Which is good, because less zombies means we can focus on the demons."

18. - Top - End - #258

Kirk
    "Starfleet predominantly uses one class of ship for everything, then, as technology advandces, upgrades its. This method only goes so far though, so a new class needs to be commissioned. Each class of ship has one named Enterprise. Normally, the Constitutions would be getting decomissioned, but the model is still a fine warship, so it remains. As a result, there are two Enterprises in operation."

Solo and Friends
    Jack charges towards Feyd, trying to tackle him away from Magnoda; he wasn't sure how he could save Magnoda from death, but he'd do it. Somehow.

Lev and Solo look at each other-they couldn't win here, not without some serious increase in numbers or firepower. After a few moments, they both nod, and Solo tries to move back to the ship; he had a plan. He just hoped it would work.

Magnoda starts to bleed as he looks up at Feyd; his life was likely about to start flashing before his eyes. After twisting his head, he attempts to spit blood at Feyd's face. "Choke on it, you crazy eyed s***."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo and Friends
    The blood and spittle across the psychotic noblemans face only make him look more dangerous, particularly given his maniac smile. Then he goes down as Captain Jack Harness drives his shoulder into his midsection, sending him stumbling off his feet and leaving the knives stuck in Magnoda.
    Magoda, no longer with anything holding him up, stumbles and falls. He's got a moments, losing both kidneys at once was a death sentence unless you were in a hospital and had a surgeon on standby.
    Solo, utilizing al his formidable skills, manages to get tot he ship, exposing himself only occasionally and managing not to get shot. Lev stumbles over Liet-Keyes as he tries to follow him. The botanist is unconscious, but alive. And if you leave him... well he knows too much. Leaving a trail for the Harkonnens is a good way to get hunted down.

John Stalvern
    She opens her mouth to refute you, then pauses and replays it in her mind, trying to figure out how someone could be that wrong, then realizes something. It's the kind of logic that just can't be argued with, not because it's right, but because your position is so demented, so lost in its own insanity that any attempts to correct it will be met with more gibberish.
    So she makes another appeal to reason. "You can't believe this. You have to understand this is a delusion."

Kirk, Picard, Shevak, Bridge
    Riker chuckles a little at that, as does McCoy, and just like that the solemnity of the occasion is dispelled.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Pixie in the Playground

Shevek

There is a sense of formal and informal on Annarres, but under vastly different circumstances than in military circles. Whether his remark was inappropriate or not was something Shevek had no conception of.

All the same, he decide to wait and listen for someone to include him in this conversation

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Legato
    "A pity. We shall have to attend to dinner later." Legato presses against their minds at just the right points. The men do not break, or even change any expression. No, they only need to be unconscious so as to not cause any trouble while Bluesummers is away.

The hungry psion stalks to the main bridge of his ship. He commands, not asks, "Raise defensive shields. Has any identity been attributed to the approaching vessel?"

Outlaw Star
    Aisha growls and hisses with a joyful glint in her eye as she tears through Reaver after Reaver. Bullets bounce harmlessly off her skin, and the crude weaponry folds like tin against her fur. The Ctarl-Ctarl's eyes have narrowed into feline pupils, her muscles bulge through her uniform, her fangs have grown practically out of her mouth, and a striped tail waves furiously behind her. Aisha lets out another laugh as she tears a Reaver in half. Suddenly, the feline focuses her attention on the intruding drill. Ignoring the oncoming Reavers, Aisha begins to claw furiously at the surrounding wall, digging her talons into the metal and pipes. Even the Reavers understand her tactic, but they lack the comprehension to disbelieve it; Aisha Clan-Clan is literally tearing the Reaver drill out of the wall.

+-+-+-+-+

"Gene, I've picked up something!" Melfina cries out urgently. "Great! Where does it lead?"

"I don't know; the signal is to weak to fully trace."

"It's the best we've got! Suzuka, put all our cables onto the Bebop. Melfina, can you carry the extra load?"

"I can try. I can make it as far as the warp point, but I'm not sure I can hang on to them after that."

"Good enough! Jim, get ready to make a run for it!"

"Got it!" The pint-sized pilot keeps an eye on Aisha as he readies the ship's engines. Meanwhile, the assassin ceases her combat to aim squarely at the barge-like ship. She releases the trigger, and three magnetic cables hit the Bebop. Gene pulls up the intercom again to warn, "Bebop, you ready for a ride?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

Flash Gordan
    "You heard the man! Get to work!"

Riddick
    Against his better judgement, he opens the cuffs, freeing his hands.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Pixie in the Playground

River
    For a moment, just a moment, there is order. All the treatment, the balance of drugs and invasive surgery, the worsening of her condition from stress and the stimuli she’d been given to try to make her pliable and controllable, it’s gone, and there is order again, patterns in the chaos as once more she is, oh so briefly, the way she was.

Then it cracks as the man collapses, as the walls crumble down and she is sent screaming back into the abyss of madness, and the gates closed behind her. And she can’t help it. Once more at the mercy of her every emotional response, she bursts into tears, crying and crying and crying until she dries up. Crying until there is no more water, no more tears, no more anything, it's all used up and finished.

Mal Reynolds
    It’s a terrible thing, to look for a world and see only debris. So far out of experience that all you can do is try to make sense of it. He shakes his head, trying to clear out the cobwebs, then gets to his feet and makes his way to the controls, looking for Zoe. He needs someone to talk to who’ll talk back.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2011-10-26 at 08:20 PM.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Flash Gordan
    “Sir.” She says tightly, lips pinched, and goes to take out the new orders while the rest of the immediate crew continue to get ready for launch. I half an hour, all is prepared, and you’re free to launch at any time. This could very well be the dawn of a new age, one in which what were previously the laws of physics become nothing more then guidelines.

Riddick
    Nadrek gets to his feet, and nods politely to you. “That was very well done. Now, to get out of this…” He pauses a moment, there is a creak, and the door falls off it’s hinges. “…Should be simpler still. Come. We’ll release all the other prisoners to create a suitable distraction, and make our way out in the chaos. From there, we can either part ways, or I can give you a lift to Earth.”

Legato
    The shield flickers up around the complex, and the ship breaks off, to circle around, waiting for the generators to go down. The men collapse around you. One loses control of his bladder as his muscles go completely slack, and you realize you over-did it a little. The ship defies any attempts to trace or identify it. Which is annoying, and possibly more, depending on what it has hidden there.

Outlaw Starr
    The sides buckle and groan as you tear out the drills, but fortunately are able to compensate and you don’t get sucked out into space. The Reavers still inside, however, are less lucky, and float past, aimlessly spinning in the emptiness.
    Those that have already made it in fall on you with howls and shrieks, clawing, hacking and gnashing you with splintered, broken teeth, trying to drag you down with weight of numbers.
    You’ve linked up to your friend’s ships, and are just charging for a jump, in the hope that anywhere is better then here.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #265

Solo and Friends
    Jack grabs Magnoda, lifting him onto his back as he makes a brake to try and follow Solo. Lev grabs the botanist as well, both starting to follow as Solo makes his move-

The communicators in the room crackle to life, "Hello boys and girls, we've got a new game called 'Guess who has a turbolaser aimed at this complex and nothing to lose!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Solo and Friends
    Feyd-Rautha looks up and snarls, but holds up an arm and his men back off, even letting Jack go. "You can't honestly expect to get away from me. Do you have any idea at all what we do to people who break our laws?"
    That was a better threat then it sounded like. The Hadokens were famous for atrocities, although actual evidence was almost unheard of, not that in anyway that was comforting.
    But he wasn't going to press the matter now. Although far from a coward, the sort of risks he liked were controlled circumstances, where desperation was just another strategy. Russian Roulette was not his style at all, particularly when gambling with a desperate man.
    He pauses, and takes a few deep breaths, calming himself. “Well then. Get out of here. It might take a while to track you down, or it might not.”
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-10-26 at 10:00 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #267

Solo and Friends
    "Have fun with that." Jack and Lev drag Magnoda and the Botanist on the ship, sans the spice, unfortunately. Chewie slides into place beside Solo as they prep the ship for takeoff. Solo throws the ship into Hyperdrive as soon as he can, getting away from the crazed Harkonion the only thing on his mind.

Jack and Lev get the dying Magnod to the closest thing they have to a medbay, along with the botanist.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Picard

"Well then, Captain. Shall we pool our data?"

Hober Mallow

Interesting. And productive. He opens up a long-range ansible line to Terminus.

"This is Master Trader Hober Mallow requesting an audience with the Department of Commerce."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Junior

"Well if that ain't about my luck. Well wish me luck Shelley, I'm going in. After all I'm sure they won't start firing if I extend the olive branch right?" Junior walks forward slowly towards them keeping radio contact just in case. He hasn't drawn his guns yet and has his hands up in the air to show that he is unarmed.

Ratchet

After sitting behind the the trees waiting for his shields recover while Aphelion laid down suppressing fire Ratchet leans out of of cover and aims with his magma combuster. He takes shots at one of the mech's cockpits to try and take out the pilot.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Junior
    They don't seem to notice you until you're right next to them, actually pushing our way through the crowd. "Greetings, brother." Calls one of the shaven headed ones. "Will you join us?"

Ratchet
    You leap out into a hail of bullets, firing a burst of compressed magma into the chest of the big man with the mini-guns. He staggers back, as it burns through his armor and into his chest, then silently topples, like a great tree being felled.

Hober Mallow
    "Certainly." The voice replied. "You shall have a meeting in sixteen hours. Use this time to prepare your case." That was a complement. Normally, it was impossible to get a meeting in less time then three days.

Solo and Friends
    Magnoda died. With both his kidneys gone, it's doubtful even a properly equipped medical facility could have done much more then make him comfortable.
    Liet-Keyes, on the other hand, should be well within your power to save. So it's almost ridiculous his condition is worsening. "I am a desert creature." He mumbles, slightly delirious from the fever his infection had given him. "I am made for red sands and quiet nights. I won't survive out here."
    On a more personal note, you have one container of melange, and a useless satellite. It's worth a great deal, but it's a fraction of what you were supposed to get, and the Hadokens have seen your face and are looking for you. All in all, about the worst result possible.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.