New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I didn't see but first, two things.

1. I officially joined in October, yes, but then I chickened out and didn't even post once until December.

2. If we're measuring by intelligent posts, I was talking like an absolute idiot back in May. Don't talk to me about idiot posts.
    Bah humbug! (Always wanted to say that) If we're gonna measure posts at all your record clearly shows a much higher dosage of awesome! Over a much larger record too. If you make me quote Bruce Campbell so help me I will pun you away! Give up and admit your the more senior poster!
    Skeppio! A senior officer of the banterious order of Random Banterites! Settle this arguement!
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-06 at 10:11 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

tongue Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    You young'uns. I was dumbassing it up back in '08. Then I kinda vanished for a while, then began actively and regularly posting in 2010. I was less of a jerk that time around.
    Wait, you were? Gosh! Since I know sometimes my jokes are taken seriously by you I'M JOKING! I swear, you rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Bah humbug! (Always wanted to say that) If we're gonna measure posts at all your record clearly shows a much higher dosage of awesome! Over a much larger record too. If you make me quote Bruce Campbell so help me I will pun you away! Give up and admit your the more senior poster!
    <proffers the candy> No, post count means nothing. The content does, so yeah, if every single post recorded has me being awesome and meaningful (instead of talking about how surreal my life is when it starts raining after I step outside on a sunny day), then yes, I suppose I suppose would be a pretty awesome forumite, however, my posts aren't all meaningful brilliance, whereas most of yours I've seen have been pretty cool. And who's Bruce Campbell?
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-08-06 at 10:13 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Banned

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Wait, you were? Gosh! Since I know sometimes my jokes are taken seriously by you I'M JOKING! I swear, you rock!
    Yeah, I still have that problem. My sarcasm detector doesn't work so good. :/

But thanks for the 'you rock'.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2011-08-06 at 10:11 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214

All you young'uns messin' up me lawn, if it weren't for me old back, I'd chase you back to whence you came! In my day, if I had dared let one toe slip onto old Grandpa Jack's lawn, only of course it wasn't a lawn, it was a damn field, and it didn't have grass, it had wheat and corn. And not soft sissy large corn like you have today, real corn, no larger than your hand and near crunchy! Mind you, hands were bigger in those days...
    *trails off, staring blearily at a small treefrog*
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

No, you're jealous of MoonCat for her blacksmith friend.
    True, but I meant that I'm jealous of MoonCat's friend's blacksmithing skills. I wish I could learn blacksmithing...
    Last edited by Ranger Mattos; 2011-08-06 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

<proffers the candy> No, post count means nothing. The content does, so yeah, if every single post recorded has me being awesome and meaningful (instead of talking about how surreal my life is when it starts raining after I step outside on a sunny day), then yes, I suppose I suppose would be a pretty awesome forumite, however, my posts aren't all meaningful brilliance, whereas most of yours I've seen have been pretty cool. And who's Bruce Campbell?
    Who's....Who's... Who's Bruce? *implodes from question* Yes I will tell you, lemme look up some of his links first though.
    Here, have my favorite line from my favorite B-movie actor in my favorite B-movie.
    most of yours I've seen have been pretty cool
    Thanks. I think my posts are trollish everytime I look back so . But I stink at serious discussion, so a misleading avatar is the way to go.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-07 at 12:08 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

7. - Top - End - #217

Yeah, I still have that problem. My sarcasm detector doesn't work so good. :/

But thanks for the 'you rock'.
    We never noticed.

<hugs>

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    All you young'uns messin' up me lawn, if it weren't for me old back, I'd chase you back to whence you came! In my day, if I had dared let one toe slip onto old Grandpa Jack's lawn, only of course it wasn't a lawn, it was a damn field, and it didn't have grass, it had wheat and corn. And not soft sissy large corn like you have today, real corn, no larger than your hand and near crunchy! Mind you, hands were bigger in those days...
    *trails off, staring blearily at a small treefrog*
    Gwyn! Tell Mutant that he is senior by the actual meaning of the word involving TIME!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218

I think I win by time, still, but considering I didn't start to seriously post at all until 4 years ago, fail at that.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    True, but I meant that I'm jealous of MoonCat's friend's blacksmithing skills. I wish I could learn blacksmithing...
    He says it isn't that hard, but he goes around taking care of his goats, fencing, archerying, and wandering around a forest in his spare time, so his idea of hard is very different from mine.

Who's....Who's... Who's Bruce? *implodes from question*!
    No, really who is he?

Even this sentence has been repeated before.

You should go ask LaLA and E about my reaction to a conversation about Batman, your brain will explode.

ION: I think the only interesting thing I do as a poster is have ninja trains turn on around me.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-08-06 at 10:19 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

And who's Bruce Campbell?
    A man I ran into at Hometown Buffet once. I'm not lying, either. I wanted to say hi, but my Mom had to be reasonable and say no, no I wasn't going to ruin his nice dinner with his kids.

As for NOTABLE things he's done, he's a well-known B-movie actor.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Colossus in the Playground

Wait, my older pictures are younger?
    Yes, it is sensible to believe that the older a picture of someone is, the younger they are in the picture

You young'uns. I was dumbassing it up back in '08. Then I kinda vanished for a while, then began actively and regularly posting in 2010. I was less of a jerk that time around.
    Bah, if we're judging inteligence by post, I'm the dumbest person in existence! I've never said a smart thing

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

No, really who is he?

Even this sentence has been repeated before.

You should go ask LaLA and E about my reaction to a conversation about Batman, your brain will explode.
    I direct you to my edit while I scour the Internet for proof. If I do not return, tell Trog and Dr. Epic their awesome.
    Screw it I'm lazy. This is from the related videos. Have fun and tremble before the greatest B-Movie actor to ever exist.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-06 at 10:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofOblivion View Post
    A man I ran into at Hometown Buffet once. I'm not lying, either. I wanted to say hi, but my Mom had to be reasonable and say no, no I wasn't going to ruin his nice dinner with his kids.

Is he any good? As an actor?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yes, it is sensible to believe that the older a picture of someone is, the younger they are in the picture

Bah, if we're judging inteligence by post, I'm the dumbest person in existence! I've never said a smart thing
    I...what...no...you...no...what...

Hey, you're DMing a game! that counts for plenty! And I think we're talking about value to be around as a poster on the forum, based on how useful your posts are. Like which posters would you want to be trapped on an island with, you'd obviously not pick the trolls and the ones who say FIRST POST!

I direct you to my edit while I scour the Internet for proof. If I do not return, tell Trog and Dr. Epic their awesome.
    Proof of what?
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-08-06 at 10:28 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Is he any good? As an actor?

Hey, you're DMing a game! that counts for plenty! And I think we're talking about value to be around as a poster on the forum, based on how useful your posts are. Like which posters would you want to be trapped on an island with, you'd obviously not pick the trolls and the ones who say FIRST POST!

Proof of what?
    Proof of his existence as a being of epic. Also, you need to watch more B-movies. For the B-movie novice I'd suggest Alien Apocalypse and work your way up, avoid the first two Evil Dead movies. Goota be on the Internet somewhere... *continues search*
    And if were talking "trapped on an island", I'm sorry Moon but I pick Trog so he can eat me if we run out of food. His genius must survive!

Wha...wha... you lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky.......
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-06 at 10:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

15. - Top - End - #225

Proof of his existence as a being of epic. Also, you need to watch more B-movies. For the B-movie novice I'd suggest Alien Apocalypse and work your way up, avoid the first two Evil Dead movies. Goota be on the Internet somewhere... *continues search*
    And if were talking "trapped on an island", I'm sorry Moon but I pick Trog so he can eat me if we run out of food. His genius must survive!

Wha...wha... you lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky.......
    Okay, thanks for the suggestions.

Mutant is in luuurrves! /five year old

ION: Hey, has anyone seen Tall Bastard lately?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226

I don't think you can quantitatively measure the quality of someone's posts...

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

17. - Top - End - #227
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, to be honest, aside from being apparently intertaining, I'm not much in terms of substances. I wouldn't be much use on an island XP

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, thanks for the suggestions.

Mutant is in luuurrves! /five year old

ION: Hey, has anyone seen Tall Bastard lately?
    I'm fixed. I'm kinda running strange today, first I finally see Rise of the Planet of the Apes, then I saw this. What did they DO TO WALLER?
    Also, now I want to try D&D.
    Is there a Burn Notice discussion page? The only reason I watch it is for Bruce Campbell. I swear it's like he writes that show.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-06 at 10:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

He says it isn't that hard, but he goes around taking care of his goats, fencing, archerying, and wandering around a forest in his spare time, so his idea of hard is very different from mine.
    Hm. Well maybe I can see if any local blacksmiths that I don't know of would take me as an apprentice or something.

Also, fencing. Another skill I would like to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    I don't think you can quantitatively measure the quality of someone's posts...
    No, but you can look at a person's posts and say:

"Hmm, this guys posts are, by majority thoughtful/meaningful/interesting/efficient/benefit the forum/constructive/so on. He seems like a cool person to talk with and debate, he seems like a valuable member of the forum.

or

"Hmm, this guys posts are mainly short spam-like posts/not constructive/flaming/trolling/complaints for unfixable things/instant ban offenses. he doesn't seem like the kind of person who I would want to actually spend time conversing with, if he is actually capable of conversing and not just arguing [you'll find a lot of them in the OoTS section]"

Of course, only doing this if you have actual masses of evidence to it, most people can sound like utter morons before they get a feel of how the forum works <cough, cough>
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

"Hmm, this guys posts are, by majority thoughtful/meaningful/interesting/efficient/benefit the forum/constructive/so on. He seems like a cool person to talk with and debate, he seems like a valuable member of the forum.

or

"Hmm, this guys posts are mainly short spam-like posts/not constructive/flaming/trolling/complaints for unfixable things/instant ban offenses. he doesn't seem like the kind of person who I would want to actually spend time conversing with, if he is actually capable of conversing and not just arguing [you'll find a lot of them in the OoTS section]"

Of course, only doing this if you have actual masses of evidence to it, most people can sound like utter morons before they get a feel of how the forum works <cough, cough>
    Are you coughing at me? Your coughing at me aren't you. Is it wrong if the first option is my favorite kind and I have a list of them?
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-06 at 10:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Or, for a specific example, that one guy who posted in most of the YugiohITP duel threads with the message: "Yugioh is for kids."
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

23. - Top - End - #233

Are you coughing at me? Your coughing at me aren't you. Is it wrong if the first option is my favorite kind and I have a list of them?
    Nope, coughing at myself. I've put my foot in my mouth a hundred times, not even counting the few times it actually had a lasting effect, if you know what I mean.

Or, for a specific example, that one guy who posted in most of the YugiohITP duel threads with the message: "Yugioh is for kids."
    Gosh, what a jerk. Yugioh is a card game, right?
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-08-06 at 10:51 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

But... isn't it? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the first few seasons where Yugi, you know, EXISTED!!! But GX and 8D's are just... I have to say my three W's. WHO, WHY, and WTF.
    Yes Yugi-oh is a card game.... Oh...the DUEL thread... *facepalm* Thought you meant...wait a second, the show brought messed up mechanics to the card game anyway! I continue my hatred! ( I loved Yugi-oh and Pokemon, my brother always made the cheapest decks, but never went in the tournaments. Like for Pokemon, he had the most insane energyremoval deck, which nothing could beat. And for Yugi-oh he had the basic gravity bind setup with a nice twist. This was season 2. )
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-06 at 10:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

25. - Top - End - #235

or

The thing is, the vast majority of people are in the first category, and out of those, you can't really judge between them. But maybe it's just because I don't judge people easily.

What? When did this happen? How did I miss it?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Nope, coughing at myself. I've put my foot in my mouth a hundred times.
    Really? Always wondered what foot tastes like... Help me! I'm still watching this! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK!
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-06 at 10:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

27. - Top - End - #237

The thing is, the vast majority of people are in the first category, and out of those, you can't really judge between them. But maybe it's just because I don't judge people easily.
    I wasn't talking about judging them! It was a metaphor, you'd rather have people in the first category (which is, yes, most of the forum) than the second to interact with, saying you had to choose between one group and the other.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

I wasn't talking about judging them! It was a metaphor, you'd rather have people in the first category (which is, yes, most of the forum) than the second to interact with, saying you had to choose between one group and the other.
    Speak for yourself! I'm a judgey kind of guy. For example *scrubbed*
    SOMEBODY POST! SOMEBODY KHAAAAAAAAAN!
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-06 at 11:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

What? When did this happen? How did I miss it?
    A few months back. Some guy just and posted in other people's threads just to be a troll. He was banned and his offending posts deleted.

It wasn't limited to the Yugioh threads, but those were the ones I noticed.

Link to an Archive thread about it: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archi...?t-196869.html
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

A few months back. Some guy just and posted in other people's threads just to be a troll. He was banned and his offending posts deleted.

It wasn't limited to the Yugioh threads, but those were the ones I noticed.

Link to an Archive thread about it: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archi...?t-196869.html
    Huh wallabaloh, that's a crazy troll. My only regret is not being around to see his trollface. *pokerface*
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...