New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: New World IC, Group 1

"Absolutely. Sneaky people should sneak." Genevieve has somehow scraped up a plague doctor's mask, crowlike with glass lenses for eyes. A billowing black cloak with a plain black tunic completes her ensemble. She looks positively villainous.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: Huril's the stealthiest, if that's the way you want to go

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Using his new mask, Tyr's face is covered with a zorro'esque face covering. His new cloak is white with black dots scattered on it. It is shorter but wider so hides more of his clothing. He held his revolver in his left hand.

I'm ready when you all are.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Map and info
    Spoiler
    Show

Between the moon, fire, and lamps, there's just enough ambient light to fight without penalties, but it's just not bright enough to make out any details at this distance. The slaves are in the walled off area. Combat hasn't started yet, but if you want to roll your own initiative, go ahead.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Jon crouches down and whispers to the others, "Say we loop around North, hit those two guards before the others react? I don't see us sneaking them out, or taking the guards down silently, not with this many shooters. Hard and fast seems the best way, though I'm loath to kill any of them if it's not necessary, slavers though they are."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

I can agree with that. Divide them and conquer, sure.

Tyr said as he made sure his revolver was ready.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huril draws his scimitar as he quietly makes his northwards along the river, keeping it hidden in his shoddy cape, as flashing metal does little to promote stealth.

Move up three spaces to Y14, no stealth penalty.

Stealth check:(1d20+6)[12]

Edit: So quiet!
    Last edited by ZeltArruin; 2011-08-27 at 10:03 PM.
    ~ZA

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Huril does his best to slip between the shack and the river unobserved. The guards don't seem to notice, though you can't tell if its due to your prowess as a sneaksman or the darkness and structure between you.

Spoiler
    Show
    yeah, I've noticed that it dies down on the weekends. I'll post a new map when more of you have moved.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Jon follows close by, gun in hand.

Sneaking is not my forte, but surprise would be helpful. Best stay close.

Spoiler
    Show
    move to Y-15, stealth (1d20+2)[14](16)

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

I'll do my best.

Tyr said as he moved to X-15.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealth - (1d20+5)[11]

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Jon creeps up behind the Northern-most building, crouching down and keeping it between him and the guards. He waves the others forward, hoping to get them into positions before they are discovered.

Spoiler
    Show
    Takes his time trying to get to V-6 to be able to take a standard move and get to 20' from the closest target, allowing point blank shot

12. - Top - End - #162

"Off we go, then." Murmurs Genevieve, moving unconcerned through the darkness. She draws her primary gun as she goes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    X13 for me, I suppose.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-08-29 at 02:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Huril creeps his way along with the rest of the party, moving just up to the corner of the far building, ready to leap out and strike hard and fast.

Move to V-5, eventually.
    ~ZA

14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As the rest of the party moves north, Mika speaks as softly as she can "Expeditious Retreat." She moves as quietly and as quickly as she can to the west. When she gets to the far building she looks around the building to see if there are bows or guns on the guards.

Spoiler
    Show

move to D19
    stealth (1d20+2)[16]
    Perception check to see what weapons they have (1d20+3)[21]
    another stealth roll so they can't see me (1d20+2)[7]

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Huril and Jon do their best to move to their chosen ambush spot undetected, slowly and steadily creeping along the shore without raising an alarm. Tyr moves forward as well, more tentatively, and manages to hide behind the tumbledown little shack without being seen.

Mika's spell lends speed to her legs, and she races past the guards to the far hovel unseen. She peeks around the corner to for a closer look, but accidentally knocks over a shovel and hoe leaning up against the wall. The clatter of falling tools shatters the still night air.

"You hear that? Says the nearest guard.
    "Probably just those damned kids. If they throw rocks at me again, I swear, I'll put a shaft through each of their eyes"
    "Maybe, but I'm going to make sure." the guard says, as he stalks towards Mika's hiding place.

@Mika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Despite the noise, you manage to get a good look at the two guards. The one advancing has a spear, the one staying behind a short bow and club. Both are outfitted in scale mail.

Eschewing stealth, Genevieve casually strolls past Tyr. One of the guards spots the murky outline of her short frame and catches a glint of reflected moonlight from her drawn pepper box as she disappears behind the weather-beaten shack.

"Look, you wretched starvelings, I told you to knock it off or you'd get a face full of shot!" He bellows into the darkness.

Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-08-30 at 12:45 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

(When my turn comes up)
    Tyr kept moving (to W-11 to stay behind shed thing)
    Making sure gun is drawn and ready.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Hearing the guard's challenge, Tyre hastily moves into a better position at the corner of the dilapidated shack and draws his revolver.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's fine. I haven't started combat rounds yet, since there's been no hostile action. I'll note your move on the next map
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-08-30 at 01:38 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168

BlueKnightGuy

Oh, Shelyn. I wanted more time. Atleast they shouldn't be able to catch me with that armor. Mika then pushes against the stack of firewood trying to knock it all over. Once it topples over, Mika tries to impersonate a child's voice as she moves away "Hehe got it! I did it! Hahaha."

Spoiler
    Show

Push over the wood pile (moving heavy objects is a move action)
    bluff check to sound like a teenage boy (1d20+7)[24]
    Then move away from the building moving south to about D 29.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

"You'd better run, you runt." The guard mutters as he returns to his post.

"Wish I could chase one of those brats down and teach 'em a proper lesson, but Finn would have my ass if he saw me go." You hear the other respond.

Meanwhile, the guard who spotted Genevieve begins to wander towards her position.

Spoiler
    Show

note: Mika's 9 squares south of the map's edge

20. - Top - End - #170

Genevieve shrugs. Getting bored anyway. They should have enough time to get into position by now.

She readies her pepperbox to blow the brains out of the guard heading towards her position the second he comes within sight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll go ahead and roll for the attack. (1d20+7)[11] to hit... This'll be touch, since he'll be within one range increment when I see him. (1d8+1)[7] damage.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-08-30 at 06:48 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Jon waits, ready to spring out and attack when Huril moves forward. I guess the others aren't following over here. I thought we had a plan?

Spoiler
    Show
    When we spring the ambush, Jon will move to R-3 and open-up on the nearest guard.

22. - Top - End - #172

I guess it's time, Huril thought to himself. With a nod to Jon, he leaps out from behind the shack, racing towards the guards, his blade arcing through the air as he moved forward.

Move to R2 in the surprise round.

Spoiler
    Show
    We only get one action during surprise rounds, right?
    ~ZA

23. - Top - End - #173

BlueKnightGuy

No, he didn't follow me. Guess then I need to try again. Mika moves back to the building and picks up a rock to throw at the guards to try to hit them.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to get back to the building D19
    Move action to pick up a rock once I'm there
    I am not trying to be stealthy. I want him to see me.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to let Mika enact her plan, then combat rounds begin. And yes, you only get a move OR standard action in the surprise round

Mika sprints back towards her initial hiding spot, grabbing a rock and hurling it at the guards en route. This time they get a good look at her.

"Hey, that's it punk," shouts the man with the spear as both guards advance.

As Mika's plan plays out, the guard who spotted Genevieve moves ever closer to her position. Oblivious to any real danger, he casually rounds the corner of the little hovel and comes face to barrel with a cockatrice-engraved pepper box. Genevieve's shot grazes the left side of his head, cutting a bloody furrow from jowl to ear, but not dropping him. He staggers back in shock, but manages to hold on to his blunderbuss.

Huril and Jon spring into action at Genevieve's shot, charging the two men around the campfire. One is unarmed, while the closer of the two has a scizore strapped to his arm.

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative:
    Genevieve: 22
    Mika: 21
    Tyr: 18
    Jon: 18
    Huril: 9
    enemies: 6

Surprise round: Mika and Tyr have 24 hours to give their surprise round actions (the others have already made theirs). Only the two guards who saw Mika and the one who spotted Genevieve earlier may act. The others are considered flat footed.

@stack: move or attack only in the surprise round, so I only did your move (you wouldn't have had a line of effect without moving anyway)

Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-08-30 at 07:21 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

As Jon rushes out, he calls to the guards while leveling his revolver. "Drop it and get on the ground." Hope they listen, make this easier and less bloody.

Spoiler
    Show
    focused aim and smiting shot (1 grit each) readied action to shoot if the near guard does anything but drop to the ground.

attack (1d20+9)[8](17) (includes +1 from PBS and +1 for attackign slavers)
    Damage (1d8+12)[4](16) (+4 focused shot, +6 smite, +1 PBS, +1 vs slavers)

26. - Top - End - #176

Behind the plague doctor's mask, Genevieve grins. She dances around the man, replacing the pepperbox with her rapier as she goes, and stabbing at him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right, moving to W16, quickdrawing the rapier as I go, and stabbing. (1d20+6)[17] to hit, (1d6+1)[2] damage if I hit.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Guess, we kill them.

Tyr said as he fired a shot with his revolver off at the guard (w-15).

Spoiler
    Show

Surprise round:
    Should be a touch attack since we are close.
    hit - (1d20+9)[12]
    damage - (1d8+1)[7]

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

@Jon, Genevieve
    Spoiler
    Show
    still waiting on Mika to complete the surprise round, then a couple of guards get to go, then you can go again. It probably won't matter for Jon, but it might for Genevieve (because the guard you want to attack is one of the ones who has an action before your next turn).
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-08-30 at 10:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

BlueKnightGuy

Surprise round:

Guns...guess they are starting. Mika points her finger around the corner and shots a ray of electricity out at the approaching guards.

Spoiler
    Show

ranged touch attack against guard at B14 (1d20+3)[13]
    damage (1d6+1)[3]

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Tyr's revolver barks as he leans around Genevieve for a clear shot. the bullet catches the flat-footed guard in the right shoulder, spinning him around. When he finally steadies himself, he takes a step forward and fires his leveled blunderbuss. Genevieve takes the brunt of the blast, shielding Tyr from injury

Spoiler
    Show
    Genevieve: 6 HP damage

Mika completes a spell, mumbling words of power as she peeks from cover to take aim. Sparks surge from her feet to her subtly fluttering hair, coalescing as jolt of electricity boring in on her target.

The shocked guard draws back his short bow and fires at the sorceress. The arrow embeds itself in the wooden hovel, a hand's breadth from her head. His spear-wielding companion closes with Mika, preparing to engage in melee.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone can take their first round actions. I won't hold Jon and Genevieve to their previous posts if they've changed their minds.

A= archer
    S= spear
    B= blunderbuss
    C= scizore
    U= unarmed
    Last edited by Bhaakon; 2011-08-31 at 09:56 AM.