Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant II

Penal Company

Lob the orc hadn't known what was going on until the beating started. He had just been debating whether to call a guard when they burst in and broke it up. He'd gotten so accustomed to following orders, that he'd dropped to his knees as well, even though he was on the far side of the room from the altercation. Nor did he see any reason to get back up again and risk drawing attention.

Then he heard the punishment. One member of the mob only, sentenced to death? By torture?

He remembered when he was arrested. They'd found his cold room, where the carcasses hung. He'd tried to tell them the meat was going to spoil, but no. They insisted on removing all the cuts, trying to reassemble bodies like jigsaw puzzles, trying to identify each one, notify next of kin. So much good food gone to waste.

And none of his meals had suffered. He was always careful of that. It was important to him that they were butchered humanely. What a word - "humane". He looked at Jyarl, supposedly human. And they'd called Lob a monster.

He didn't realize he was going to protest until he was on his feet. "This is an outrage! How dare you call us criminals? How dare you judge our crimes?"

((And damn him for trying to become a PC. *shakes fist at*))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-10-21 at 06:13 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Edijar's Place

Edijar holds his beloved close, resting his head on her shoulder. "I know. We all want to. But the best is all we can do."

Edijar's Office

"I could give Quinn a call if you need me to."
    Edijar offers. "I don't think we're on the best of terms, but she'll probably give it to you if the situation is explained."

Penal Company

Jason is eventually beaten senseless and restrained, taken away. Jyarl looks up at Lob as he gets ready to head out. "If you don't give him the lashes, you'll receive the five you were supposed to give." He says. Jyarl never said he was a nice man, let alone good. And what is a better way to punish a group of people doomed to die, than to show them just how horrific it could be?
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-10-20 at 06:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

Edijar's Place

"I should study. But I think I'd rather curl up with you on the sofa and watch a movie," Charity says. "Something sweet and cheerful with a happy ending."

Penal Company

"Only five? I am surprised that civility is punished so lightly in this place."
    Lob says.

And as Jason is being dragged past him, he moves swiftly, pulling out an improvised prison shiv (approved by Wolfy), and trying to stab the unfortunate man in the throat, to end him quickly. Humanely.

He doesn't expect to succeed, but he has to try.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-10-21 at 06:13 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Edijar's Place

"Then lets do that." Edijar says quietly before he picks up Charity, taking her to the couch to let her down and putting in a movie. He'll let the trailers run as he makes a couple cups of hot chocolate. In the end, he smiles at her as he walks back to her, setting the cups on the end table before settling in behind her.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Edijar's Office

"I could give Quinn a call if you need me to."
    Edijar offers. "I don't think we're on the best of terms, but she'll probably give it to you if the situation is explained."
    Edijar's Office

"That would be great Edijar, we're really desperate here." Cessie sigh and looks down on the floor.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Troll in the Playground

Vas' Office

"You'll have to do it from a facility elsewhere. Just in case there are traps waiting or she can tell where the scry is coming from."
    Vas says, folding her hands on the table. "Caet here can help you. Same with the others when they get here. Aliz and Anna will cover most of the mental/magical shielding while Arla tries to cloak your location. The target is a powerful sorceress named Feia." She says, pulling up a holographic projection of her.
    "...oh, fun," Eileen says drolly, leaning forwards to study the image. "What's she wanted for, anyway? Arson? Murder? Jaywalking?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts The Russkijs Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments Pianos Tumbleweeds Drow Bloodline Half-Drow Noble Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

[Edijar's Office]

"Thank you," Harnel looks genuinely grateful, "We should be fine talking to her ourselves, but you can never tell." he takes his recently gotten cellphone out of his pocket and asks, "Is there a number I can reach you at?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

Edijar's Place

"Then lets do that." Edijar says quietly before he picks up Charity, taking her to the couch to let her down and putting in a movie. He'll let the trailers run as he makes a couple cups of hot chocolate. In the end, he smiles at her as he walks back to her, setting the cups on the end table before settling in behind her.
    Charity curls up with her boyfriend - more than boyfriend at this point, she knows - and lets his strong arms and loving embrace comfort her from the hard day she just faced, and the hard day she knows will come tomorrow.

She'd never imagined herself in medicine. She'd always known, from a young girl, that she was an artist. And yet, this decision, though it was breaking her heart every day, felt like the right one. Just like her decision to be with this man, one of the deadliest men in the city.

Her gut still shied away from the thought of marriage though. Not because she was afraid of committing to him, but because it felt like tempting fate, after the way their earlier relationships had ended. Sunny and Carl had deserved their big ceremony, but she was content with this - a mug of cocoa, a silly romcom dvd, and the love of her life holding her close.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

Vas' Office

"She was supposed to be in our Security, but was put on Probation when she joined. She is also our only link to Professor Affidavit."
    She tells Eileen.

Edijar's Office

"Just stay here a moment and I'll give you an answer."
    Edijar tells the couple as he dials Quinn's number and waits for her to answer.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

Vas' Office

"She was supposed to be in our Security, but was put on Probation when she joined. She is also our only link to Professor Affidavit."
    She tells Eileen.
    At the mention of Professor Affadavit, Eileen's face darkens.
    "...I see. And here I thought he was just a past legend..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Vas' Office

"You know of him?"
    Vas asks Eileen. After all, it's not often someone knows his name.

Penal Company

Jyarl sees the shiv and prepares himself for the attack, but he never expected Lob to go after Jason. The greenskin is able to get past him easily, and the Valkyries holding Jason have their arms full with him and can't step in to defend the man. The blow is quick, clean, and precise, severing the man's carotid and jugular vessels, killing him in a matter of moments.

Jyarl relaxes when he sees that the blow is struck, knowing there's nothing he can do about it. For a moment, it seems he's about to burst into anger, but then he smiles a bit. Rather than letting one of their own be brutally tortured to death, one actually did something about it, ending his life quickly.

Maybe this group would be worth salvaging.

He makes a gesture for the Valkyries to pull the corpse away and moves to follow them. "Clean up the mess, Lob. Then you guys have the next two days off." After that, he's gone, leaving them and shutting the door.

(Godmod Approved)
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-10-21 at 09:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Penal Company]

Garn kneels there mouth agape. He... He didn't believe what he just saw. And from an ORC! Finally, he decides to come to his senses enough to actually do something. He stands up and goes over to Lob. " O-oi, Lob was it? Uh, l-lemme help wi' tha clean up, alrigh? "
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

Penal Company

Lob nods as he goes to get a bucket of water and cleaning rags. Garn will probably notice that his hands are shaking.

"I cannot believe I got past Jyarl," he mumbles. He dips a finger in the blood and tastes it. As he suspected, it tastes terrible. He grimaces. "Yes, we are definitely being drugged." He cleans his shiv first - they didn't even take it from him! - and then the floor.

Leah gets up from her knees and looks to see how Ian is taking all of this.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #824
    Troll in the Playground

[Penal Company]

Ian stands slowly, his face impassive and serious. He's seen men die before. He's gotten men killed before. That doesn't effect him so much. Mostly, he's annoyed that the gambit didn't quite pay off. Getting officially appointed squad leader was a bit of a double edged sword. After all, hadn't they just revolted against a position appointed by their superiors.

As for Jason, Ian would certainly miss his strength and manipulation potential. The man himself? Ian didn't know for sure.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-10-22 at 09:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Penal Company]

The dwarf nods slowly. " A-ai. I think he was expecting tha shiv for himself not for... well... " Garn just lets it hang there as he scrubs back and forth cleaning up the blood.

Though he doesn't stay quiet because after a little while he starts to speak again. " Ahh... listen Lob, thar be a lot o' bad blood between tha dwarfs an' tha orcs but... I think ta survive we're gonna have ta work as a group. An' I think tha most o' the humans in thas group, well, despise anythang tha' not be human. Do ya see wha' I'm gettin a' Lob? " He discusses quietly with the orc as he continues to scrub away at the blood.

-Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Edijar's Office

After a short conversation, Edijar hangs up. "Quinn says she'll give us the item." He tells the others with a slight smile. "It'll take a while for her to get here though, so do you want me to show you to the waiting area? I can get food and drink brought to you while waiting and I get prepared."

(Godmod Approved)

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

[Edijar's Office]

"I think that'd be a good idea," Harnel says, "I'll also phone Kirk to meet us here, to get everything out of the way at once."

If someone comes to lead them to the waiting room, Harnel will follow.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-10-22 at 08:16 PM.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ApeofLight View Post
    [Penal Company]

The dwarf nods slowly. " A-ai. I think he was expecting tha shiv for himself not for... well... " Garn just lets it hang there as he scrubs back and forth cleaning up the blood.

Though he doesn't stay quiet because after a little while he starts to speak again. " Ahh... listen Lob, thar be a lot o' bad blood between tha dwarfs an' tha orcs but... I think ta survive we're gonna have ta work as a group. An' I think tha most o' the humans in thas group, well, despise anythang tha' not be human. Do ya see wha' I'm gettin a' Lob? " He discusses quietly with the orc as he continues to scrub away at the blood.
    "Leah feels that way. Perhaps Ian, though he is hard to read," Lob says. "Tsumia believes she is superior to everyone, of any species, and until now, I believed you were a dwarven supremacist. But the worst thing we can do is make a non-human alliance against the human one. We need a way to break down these barriers."

Leah has headed for the showers. It was satisfying beating on the elf, but it had made her unclean.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-10-22 at 08:21 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

Vas' Office

"You know of him?"
    Vas asks Eileen. After all, it's not often someone knows his name.
    "Yes. Where I come from, he was a...well, a legend. A figure of the past, almost a boogeyman, among those who knew of the Age of Magic," EIleen explains.

Edijar's Office

It isn't very long at all, before there's a knock on the office door. Possibly.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-10-22 at 08:20 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #830
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "Leah feels that way. Perhaps Ian, though he is hard to read," Lob says. "Tsumia believes she is superior to everyone, of any species, and until now, I believed you were a dwarven supremacist. But the worst thing we can do is make a non-human alliance against the human one. We need a way to break down these barriers."

Leah has headed for the showers. It was satisfying beating on the elf, but it had made her unclean.
    " Oi! I take offense ta tha'. Na' all dwarfs are better, just most. " So, only mostly true.

Garn then sighs and shakes his head. " And if ya be havin' any ideas on how ta break tha wall down I'll be listenin' "

-Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

[Barracks]

Soldier Girl, also known as Nellens Latas, has found a spare bit of time for herself in the midst of a new rigorous training and exercise routine that was partly chosen for her, partly chosen by her. Her skill with modern weaponry is coming along, and she is brushing up on her close combat skills as well. It's probably clear to all now that she possesses some innate talent, but her precise nature as an exalt has likely circulated as well, so that may only make matters worse.

For the moment, however, Soldier Girl sits crossed legged on her bed, using her free time as she may. She has set out five small dragon statues in front of her, each one coiled about a specific symbol- a crashing wave, three candles, a fan, a mountain, and a leaf. With these five simple symbols arrayed before her, she silently meditates.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Edijar's Office => Waiting Room

Edijar guides the couple to the room before heading off to grab his equipment, and Quinn will be met with an administrative aid that tells her where to go to find Cessie and Harnel.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

[Waiting Room]

Harnel gets on the phone, dialing Kirk's number. The drow is given the heads up about the fact that they're going to see Libra pretty soon, and to meet up with him at Remnant HQ.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-10-23 at 03:29 PM.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gate]

Kirk arrives here after being called by Harnel. He's not sure why. Helping a random stranger isn't usually his sort of thing. Hrm, maybe he should demand payment and treat it as a NO job. That'd make Dipsnig happy.

Kirk casually nods at the guards as he waits for them to address him. Remnant didn't seem like the nicest place for him to go, what with being an ex-AMEN member and having been shot at, and having shot at Mortal Coil members. Oh well, they have no reason to do anything to him now, hopefully.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Gate

Kirk will be told to wait at the entrance as the others are getting ready.

Infirmary => Penal Company Barracks

Tsumia will be taken back to the barracks, told that Jason had died before the real punishment could be served, and that she'll be getting her symbol within the next couple days.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ApeofLight View Post
    " Oi! I take offense ta tha'. Na' all dwarfs are better, just most. " So, only mostly true.

Garn then sighs and shakes his head. " And if ya be havin' any ideas on how ta break tha wall down I'll be listenin' "
    Lob gives Garn a withering look. "First, stop talking about what dwarfs can or cannot do. You are the only dwarf here, and the only one whose capabilities matter."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Vas' Office

Ledaal Idari arrives just outside, looking... pretty concerned, actually.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gate]

And of course they make him wait outside. Former AMEN member blah blah blah. They could have at least had the decency to give him some dialogue to reply to, or at least a post longer than one sentence. Shameful really.

Makes him wonder how long it'll take him to get past that AMEN reputation to those who know about it. Dipsnig got over it pretty quickly, and Kirk had shot at him he's pretty sure. Oh well.
    Last edited by Gulaghar; 2011-10-23 at 09:55 AM.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Lob gives Garn a withering look. "First, stop talking about what dwarfs can or cannot do. You are the only dwarf here, and the only one whose capabilities matter."
    " You think I don' know tha'? Fine, I'll shut up aboot dwarfs. " He grumbles and scrubs something fierce on the floor.

-Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

Vas' Office

"Come in!"
    Comes Vas' voice from the other side even before the Exalted knocks.