New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVI

[Caravan]

The Bowbolds slip and slide all over the place. Two of them fall from the cliff entirely. One is clearly dead, having broken its neck on landing, but the other lands on one of the elephantine creatures, and then in a snowbank. It's still knocked out, though.

[K's Forest]

Karyana smiles at her, and comes and sits in the other.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-28 at 09:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Caravan]

Ashley decides to take care of any remaining Bowbolds. She mutters a few words, and any of them left standing might find a few streaks of fire coming for them.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caravan]

The Bowbolds are set ablaze!

Most of them. Some are smart enough to dive into the nearby drifts of snow. Whether or not that works depends on what, exactly, the spell Ashley threw does.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

[K's Forest]
    ... How did... how does this exist?
    How does something so wonderful exist?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

[K's Forest]

"S'Kanthos found me a blank world. It imprinted on me, and I could make anything I wanted here. I made this. Now it's also attuned to you, and you can do the same."

6. - Top - End - #486

[Caravan]

The fire is magical, so it should be able to melt its way through normal snow fairly easily.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [K's Forest]

"S'Kanthos found me a blank world. It imprinted on me, and I could make anything I wanted here. I made this. Now it's also attuned to you, and you can do the same."
    Think I'll hold off a bit before trying anything... my mind still has some things lingering I don't much like.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

[K's Forest]

"Oh... Could I help?"

[Caravan]

Then the Bowbolds scream, obviously in agony. They eventually stop, though, having died.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

[K's Forest]
    Maybe later... for now, I'm fine here.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

[K's Forest]

"Okay."

Karyana sits there with her friend.

11. - Top - End - #491

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Obsidian Forest]

"I'm coming." The drow answers as he moves carefully through the underbrush. It wouldn't do to fall into one of those pits, innate levitation or not. Raril was, in all honestly, scared of what he would find here. If Zee were truly dead... what would he do? It was only his son's presence and constant enthusiasm that kept Raril from falling apart.
    That's fortunate.

Divaonar would be really upset if his dad suddenly fell apart. Do you have any idea how hard it is to reassemble dads?

The 'underbrush' in this case mostly consists of opalescent white tendrils of 'grass', perhaps six inches wide at the base and several feet long. Or maybe more like thick reeds? Regardless they cease their swaying and lean toward Raril when he draws close, almost as though they know he's there and reach out to caress him.

Maybe they are?

"I climbed up out of one of these when I was born," Divaonar reports as he peers down one of the wells. "All my siblings did, too. But I'm not sure if there would be anything down there for waking Mother up."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obsidian Forest]

Raril runs a hand through the long white grass. The way it moved towards him was a small comfort. Maybe it meant something of his wife was still alive.

When Divaonar explains what the wells were, the drow's brain shudders to a halt. He stops walking while he tries to come to terms with things.

"I... I don't think that's where we need to be looking." He finally decides.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

13. - Top - End - #493

[Obsidian Forest]

If it makes Raril feel any better they're more like skin pores than anything else. Though sadly that's OOC knowledge and will do little to help him at the moment. Poor, poor Raril brain.

Divaonar quirks his head off to the side a little, somewhat puzzled by his Father's reaction. Ah well.

"Look here Father!"

The presently half-drow points at a glowing electric blue line just below the ground's glassy surface. Every few moments a pulse of blue light runs through it and speeds off into the distance.

"Maybe if we follow these will be able to find something important?" he sounds hopeful! Hopefully distracting Raril from his present train of thought, too.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obsidian Forest]

"Good idea!" Raril grins proudly at his son and runs over to follow the moving lines of light across the ground.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #495

[Obsidian Forest]

And so the line is followed.

A line that winds its way through the forest. A line that is joined by others, their light together greater than their light alone. More and more join until Raril will find himself walking atop a veritable river of radiance.

And in time the destination is found.

A tree.

A single tree.

A single tree of such scale that it boggles the mind and stretches the senses. Strange that it wasn't noticed until coming so close to it... The lay-lines wind up its trunk, spreading and branching and flowing out to the opalescent white leaves that adorn its crown.

And at the tree's base, nestled amidst a field of unnaturally vibrant flowers, Zee lays dreaming.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obsidian Forest]

Raril staggers back a bit, awed by the immense size of the tree. How had he not seen this? It was so large, he nearly missed the small form nestled amongst the flowers at its base.

"Zee!" The drow breaks into a run, his voice full of joy. Reashing his wife, Raril drops to his knees beside her and gently tries to wake her. "Zee, my love." He says softly. "It's time to wake up."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #497
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Field of Fire]

Zefir is quiet a bit away, but near enougth to watch over this. Sadly he himself isn't able to use magic, but he got the marbel. So one hand slides in his back while concentrating on a bunch of dust near the fighters.
    He will lead the dust into the eyes of S'Kanthos to blind him.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #498

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Lake]

"Yup. My lake. And I don't swim around nude in it or 'entertain' men in plain view on the beach."

The lady sitting on top of the water crosses her arms and gives a triumphant smirk as they back away from the lake. She'll continue watching them until they slink out of view, shooing them along with small gestures as they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    DC pulls out a small black orb and lets it through his forcefield, and will continue telekinetically pulling the bits of meteorite out. Now, though, he'll be pulling them to the orb, which should suck them into extradimensional storage on contact. He'll continue until it's finished. Whoo, super-pokeballs.

The teenagers, meanwhile, get a psychic command aimed at them. Delete all of your pictures, and take none of me again. Yes, he means all of them and not just of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurous View Post
    Flix walks silently along the path, occasionally glancing into the surrounding woods. He finds that Sidney's spell really only serves to make the dessicated forest all the more unnerving.

"I'm starting to wonder if this thing is actually causing this blight, rather than just taking advan-" he begins, before stopping abruptly upon hearing the crying. His quick stride breaks out into an outright jog as his hurriedly continues down the path toward the noise.
    [Lake]

"Go **** yourself." The tiefling so nicely replies before leaving the lady alone with Valente in tow. She have a rather crude language this girl. <.<

The rest of the journey back is filled with hateful muttering, Astrana does not seem to be a good mood even though it's really kinda her fault.

[Stillwater Lake]

DC will be able to get all the pieces of the meteoroid in place without too much trouble though it might take a while.

However as he sends a mental command to them he will discover these are not just regular teenagers, these are teenagers with attitude!

Yeah... so they blankly stare in front of them and start to delete the pictures they have taken from their cellphones. Turns out attitude does not help against mental commands, who knew?

[Dark Forest]

Sidney goes after Flix but will likely get to the sound much later then the other two due the robe the cultist is wearing.
    Rather... lot of moving... in this profession... Sidney mentally mumbles to the other two while trying to keep up.

19. - Top - End - #499

[Obsidian Forest]

Zee seems...

Peaceful. Breathing steadily. Eyes twitching a little. It's clear enough that she's alive and dreaming. However Raril's gentle poking and prodding at her doesn't appear to do anything. She remains fast asleep.

Well.

At least that weird tendril thing that was attached to her back is gone.

Or at least no longer visible.

That means all the Far-related doom is well and truly over.

As Raril continues his attempts to rouse Zee she mumbles something about turnips, but otherwise shows no signs of waking up.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

[Obsidian Forest]

Raril chuckles a bit and tries to pull Zee into his lap. He hakes her a bit harder and speaks more loudly. "Zee! Wake up!"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

21. - Top - End - #501

[Obsidian Forest]

Pulling Zee into his lap isn't terribly difficult for Raril, though she isn't dead weight at the moment. Just flops in a somewhat comical fashion, arms spread akimbo.

She wobbles pretty well when Raril shakes her, but aside from a snort and an attempt to roll over on her other side Zee doesn't seem terribly responsive.

Divaonar watches from a comfortable distance. He honestly has no idea how you're supposed to wake K'rax-Naggath up. Or if it's even possible to do so when the stars aren't right. Maybe...

The boy wrinkles his nose. "Maybe you're aren't supposed to wake her up at all," he offers. "Maybe she just needs to start dreaming about something different?"

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

Valente figures it'd be a good idea to delay that conversation he was planning. At least until she's in a better mood.

For the time being he tries to put his arm around her waist and pull her close. "Hey, cheer up. It's over now, might as well just forget about it."

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

[Stillwater Lake]

Thanks a lot, DC. Can you get it back to WATCHTOWER? I'll be there myself shortly to give it to Harnel.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    QUOTE=C'nor;11738237][Caravan]

Several kobolds are hit by Caroline's darts.

Two are injured badly enough to retreat, and another is killed, but the last two receive only minor injuries.

((Unless the darts are poisoned, that is.))[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Caravan

(Got C'nor's permission to introduce a rather bizarre new creature to this little plot)

While all the hubbub with kobold's and falling boulders and such goes on, it's unlikely that anyone will notice a small, furry creature scuttling towards the young heroes, especially as said creature shifts in color as it moves, mimicking it's surroundings and blending in almost perfectly.

Said creature resembles, more than anything else, a small monkey, with extremely thick fur, long arms and short, almost atrophied legs. It certainly doesn't look like a threat to anyone, much less a vicious beast. This is probably because it really doesn't have much in the way of ability to defend itself, much less attack much larger creatures.
    [Caravan]

The Bowbolds slip and slide all over the place. Two of them fall from the cliff entirely. One is clearly dead, having broken its neck on landing, but the other lands on one of the elephantine creatures, and then in a snowbank. It's still knocked out, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Caravan]

Ashley decides to take care of any remaining Bowbolds. She mutters a few words, and any of them left standing might find a few streaks of fire coming for them.
    [Caravan]

The Bowbolds are set ablaze!

Most of them. Some are smart enough to dive into the nearby drifts of snow. Whether or not that works depends on what, exactly, the spell Ashley threw does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Caravan]

The fire is magical, so it should be able to melt its way through normal snow fairly easily.
    [Caravan]

Then the Bowbolds scream, obviously in agony. They eventually stop, though, having died.

[Caravan]

Vincent... apparently didn't get a turn. Must be the slowest member of the party. To be fair, the Bowbolds all died really quickly without really fighting back much anyways. Oh well.

Vincent does his victory pose! It's free xp and gp!
    "Think some more will show up?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #505

[Lake]

Astrana frowns slightly but seems to relax with his arm around her. "Stupid bitch... where are we supposed to swim with that kind of people claiming they own the lake?" She asks, looking right at him.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lake]

Astrana frowns slightly but seems to relax with his arm around her. "Stupid bitch... where are we supposed to swim with that kind of people claiming they own the lake?" She asks, looking right at him.
    Valente shrugs helplessly. "I think she was some sort of water spirit. They're usually bound to lakes and things like that, so I guess she isn't completely wrong." He looks off into the distance, looking a bit embarrassed. "And she probably would have been fine if we kept our swimsuits on."

27. - Top - End - #507

[Lake]

"Hmph... well, I will want to take a swim with you. I just don't get why we can't have sex where we want, couldn't she just have left us alone? It wasn't that out in the open was it?" Astrana inquires with a raised eyebrow.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake]

"Well, it didn't look like there was anyone around." The vampire shrugs again. Truth is, now that Astrana isn't currently on top of him and he can think clearly, Valente definitely thinks it was a bad idea. >.> "Maybe we should just be a bit more careful in the future." <.<

29. - Top - End - #509

[Lake]

"...I guess." Astrana admits awkwardly scratching the back of her head. "I guess I came on a bit too strong there huh? I felt a bit lightheaded once you drained me."

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Obsidian Forest]

Pulling Zee into his lap isn't terribly difficult for Raril, though she isn't dead weight at the moment. Just flops in a somewhat comical fashion, arms spread akimbo.

She wobbles pretty well when Raril shakes her, but aside from a snort and an attempt to roll over on her other side Zee doesn't seem terribly responsive.

Divaonar watches from a comfortable distance. He honestly has no idea how you're supposed to wake K'rax-Naggath up. Or if it's even possible to do so when the stars aren't right. Maybe...

The boy wrinkles his nose. "Maybe you're aren't supposed to wake her up at all," he offers. "Maybe she just needs to start dreaming about something different?"
    [Obsidian Forest]

Raril gently lays Zee down again and sits back. "I think I know a spell. It's a variant on a rather nasty one, but I tweaked it to help a friend a long time ago. It should be able to alter her dreams. Or at least, it should let me get in there."

The drow takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, before begining a low rythmic chant. As the spell progresses, Raril should be able to se what Zee's dreaming, and if successful, begin to shape it and perhaps insert himself into the dream.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel