Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXVII

"Don't bother. Only a cad asks for payment for saving someone's life." Sir Hex says, waving away the payment. "Now, why don't you tell me about this "mark" thing, and I'll see what I can do to help." Pulling up two chairs, Sir Hex sits down in one and gestures for Riely to sit as well.
    -------

The looter is grabbed! Not just his hand, but the entire thief, as said looter is apparently two inches tall. There's also a yelp as the lightning strikes the foolish ninja looter, who responds by trying to bite the hand that's currently holding him.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've had it since cultists kidnapped me at the age of four. It allows the cultists to track me to a degree, and keeps me safe and at a certain age, so that when the time is right, Cthulhu may devour me as it pleases him. It. Whatever," Riley seems to be awfully learned on the subject...it also seems he's leaving a bit out...
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

The flesh is all leathery. Unless that little bitty looter has some serious jaws, it'll take a bit to draw blood.

...and a bit he has, as Darst holds the looter in one hand and holds up helms to examine in the other. After having sufficiently examined the helms, he will turn his attention to the looter.

"Come on then, show yourself. There's no point in trying to get out, I'm not letting go until I at least see what I've got."

4. - Top - End - #94

"Unfortunate, to say the least. I suppose you've tried having it removed? And more importantly, why did your arm explode in a blast of tentacles?" Sir Hex asks, catching onto the fact that Riley's leaving something out. The chunks of severed tentacle didn't end up splattered all over the tavern by themselves, did they?
    ------

Oh, the looter has serious jaws alright. The tiny gremlin can lift things far, far bigger than itself, and all that strength is currently concentrated on hitting into his captor's hand. Luckily, the gremlin's jaws are only about an inch wide, so all Darst is likely to lose is a square inch of flesh. Still enough to hurt though.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-08-21 at 10:00 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Which helmet is picked up first? This is very important.

The harp is very pretty! And gold inlay would probably be more accurate than gold plated. That would make it sound terrible after all. Should Raril strum it a few times he'll find that its notes are crisp and clear.

And then he addresses Amil!

The giant bug-lizard nods.

And...

Looks a bit smaller than she did before?

She's actually shrunk considerably since the fight ended. Though she's still pretty bulky. It's by no means a fast process.

"That would be nice, thank you. I've just got a few knicks here and there, but they're pretty sore," the Tyranid replies. She's trying to sound tough! On closer inspection some of the wounds are quite deep. Would probably be potentially life threatening if she was a human.

Then back to the magus. "Usually people just take whatever looks interesting. Once you've chosen something you'll know what it does. But once you've picked an object that's it, no putting it back and no taking another," Amil explains. "I've never helped with an Encounter before. All of... this-"

She gestures to herself.

"-is kind of new. And," she glances down at the loot pile and suddenly squeals with delight! "Eeeeee! Pants!"

The jeanstealer quickly snatches the pair of denim pants off the lewt pile and pulls them over her head like a hat.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well...there happens to be a minor elder in the brand...to keep me safe, I guess...he's really mean and scary and I'm sorry I freaked out and attacked everybody!" Riley bursts into tears like the unstable child he is.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

The mithril one. The other one is all gaudy. He doesn't want a gaudy helmet. He wants a mining helmet. Like the one on his head.

He will wait patiently for the itty bitty theif to get tired of the tatse of blood in his mouth. If the thief does keep the biting up long enough, there will be a rivulet of blood dripping down the side of Darst's hand. Darst doesn't seem to care.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

The ork puts the Lego blaster down. It wasn't anywhere near his dakka standards. The towering brute makes his way over to the slain golem, stoops over, and claims his prize. "Wot's dis den?"

The top hat is firmly placed on his head.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

The drow chuckles a bit at Amil squeeing over the blue jeans. He casts a healing spell in her direction. He then nudges the large ladies hat with a toe from his boot. Gods, would you look at the plumes on that thing. Wasn't as nice as the one on his own fine hat, of course. He picks it up to examine it closer.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

10. - Top - End - #100

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure no one will blame you for things beyond your control." Sir Hex waves Cosmo over, ordering them two mugs of tea, the grumpy gnome giving Riley a glare before stomping off. Stoopid PCs, getting the whole place dirty. "Now, I'd say the first thing to do is get rid of this elder. If it's getting into our world via the brand, well, we can get into it's domain and give it a good old fashioned beat down." Because attacking elder evils armed with only the power of drama and ludicrously good luck is entirely within Hex's job description.
    -----

The gremlin doesn't get tired in the least. It just keeps on biting and tear away, seeking to remove Darst's index finger. Considering that it's very, very fast it'll probably do so in no time at all unless it's dropped, or stopped from biting.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Riley nabs at one of the mugs of tea and if he's allowed to take it, slurps at it quickly.

(Recaiden) He lives!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

...Okay, ow. That little invisible thing is annoying. Considering that it is only two inches tall and that Darst has solid, callused dwarven miner fingers, the index finger will remain frimly attached. Darst will try to crush the thing in his hand. If that fails, he will try to smash it into the ground next to him.

13. - Top - End - #103

"So, what can you tell me about this elder? Might be good to know a little about our foe." Sir Hex asks, taking the other cup of tea and sipping it.
    --------

The gremlin is crushed, but it doesn't have quite the desired effect. Instead of being squished like a bug, the thing actually slips out of Darst's grip, apparently having no bones or anything else to prevent it from simply being squeezed into a new, harder to hold shape.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eh, even pixies, or whatever it was, learn from having their bones broken. That bite is kind of big... ah, well. He's had worse. Today.

Now, he goes back to examining that mithril helmet...

15. - Top - End - #105

The ork will instantly understand the function of the Top Hat of Absurd Weapons. On command by the user the top of the hat will open up (either as a single flap, double door, or spiral fashion at the user's choice) and produce a comical weapon being held by a white-gloved hand at the end of a robotic arm.

This might be a cartoony missile. A giant steel mallet. A frying pan, or whatever appropriately silly weapon the user might be able to imagine.

These weapons are wielded by the hand and follow the user's mental commands.

Neeeeext!

Darst has acquired the Helm of Mist! On command the user's body is transformed into living silvery mist, though all of his equipment remains. In this mist form he can move as though he still had a normal body of flesh, however he becomes about as difficult to harm as one would expect from a person made of mist.

Unless attached to armor or clothing the Helm sits loosely atop the user's shoulders and can be knocked off with a solid enough blow. If the helm is removed one's body returns to normal. The helmet will magically return to the user's head, however it will require a few minutes before it can be used again.

The helmet also provides a +5 bonus to AC and Ref saves against falling rocks.

Raril!

Raril has acquired a Cursed Hat of Genderbending! As soon as she touches the hat it's already too late for her Plumed Hat of Magnificent Attire. The hat can take any form most fitting for the occasion and alters one's clothing to match. And no matter the shape it takes, the clothing is always stylin'.

Though... just be careful about wearing it to a ladies-only ball. It might alter more than just clothing...

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

While that helmet is good, it does not shed any light. Maybe he can get a little candle box added.

If Darst instantly understands what it does, he will put it in his belt pouch. Might be useful in a pinch. Thankfully, he has years of practice keeping helmets on his head. If he does not... He'll move on to the scary helmet. No, wait, the critter girl just said that whatever you choose you have to keep. Ah, well. It's a helmet of mithril, if nothing else.

While Darst is wondering about helmets, his player is wondering about the magic pair of jeans that Amil grabbed.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

After a lot of careful thought, Xalicus picks the crown of ivy vines."This should do, I guess. I wonder what special properties it has?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

18. - Top - End - #108

Amil grabbed Ozzie's Pants of Flawless Defense! They increase the durability and resistance of the wearer against any kind of harm! And as an added bonus they instantly repair any damage the pants take. Which means Amil won't need to steal people's pants anymore!

Yay!

She's actually reverted back to her 'almost human' shape by now. And she's gnawing on one of the pant-legs.

Nom nom nom!

Xalicus has acquired The Crown of Verdant Growth! So long as the wearer is in a well lighted area they will quickly heal wounds they take. The wounded area and the flesh around it will temporarily become covered in a thick 'scab' or bark to help prevent further injury while it heals. Once the would is mended the bark sloughs off.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

The ork approves of this hat. Approval radiates from him. He could not approve of this hat more.

He looks quite dapper in it. In fact, when he goes to get the squig beer he ordered earlier he decides to sip it rather than gulp it down. Big sips though.

20. - Top - End - #110

The little lizzard thing has stopped his panic after the golem is down. *sight*

"That was close." he says in perfect common.

Well seems like one half of the table is broken by some random people crushing into it and some other weapons.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

"It resides in the city of R'lyeh, serving the dead dreamer and leading a small group of cultists...That's all I know..."
    Oh, stop lying Riley.

(Recaiden) He lives!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

((Rael, as soon as the ink began to appear, stopped, though, as I had deadtimed, I couldn't say so.))

Rael shakes off the last of the deadtime ooze, returns to the coins to Riley, and goes over to investigate the loot. He eventually settles on the remaining crown, though if no-one else want the lump of flesh, he'll take that, too.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

An odd fella looking straight out of an old western flick walks into the Tavern, heads straight for the bar, and calls for the bartender in a raspy voice. He's wearing an old, beat up, brown duster, a cowboy hat in similar condition, a red bandana around his mouth, a pair of dark sunglasses, a white shirt with two ammo belts in an X pattern circling around it, a regular glove for his right hand and a fingerless one for his left, blue jeans with cowboy chaps overtop, and finally a classic pair of spurred boots.

24. - Top - End - #114

Rael has acquired the Amber Crown of the Storm King!

The crown is able to launch powerful bolt and arcs of electricity. Alternately, it can be used to form a crackling shell of lightning about the user to protect them. However both powers can't be used at once.

The crown absorbs any electrical attacks launched near the user, protecting both the user and anyone nearby from lightning-based harm.

When Rael attempts to grab the flesh lump the thing will simply try to bite him before squirming away. Only one piece of Lewt per player!

Amil, meanwhile, has assumed her mostly-human form. She's seated at a nearby table gnawing on the leg of her new hat. It looks like she has strung a few of her tendril-locks through the pant legs to help keep the pair of jeans on her head.

It's very silly!

Paige approaches the cowbow and takes his order. Yay for NPCs?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

He actually hasn't tried to grab it yet, as not everyone has claimed their items, and left it. He does say "So, what are you?" to it, though.
    Last edited by C'nor; 2011-08-22 at 11:20 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    In the process of digging around the following objects will be discovered:

A flawlessly crafted mithril helm.

A rainbow beanie with a little propeller on the top.

A two ears of corn attached to a leather headband.

An amorphous lump of flesh and eyes and mouths that seems to be alive.

A crown of equal parts copper and silver and gold set with amber.

A stylish (and large) lady's hat, complete with absurdly large plumes.

A top-hat with a crimson band.

A crown of twisted-together ivy vines.

A cruel iron helmet with a fearsome form.

And... a pair of blue jeans?
    Figuring that the beanie and corn thing are just far too ridiculous to be seen wearing, and that the lump of flesh is just too damn horrifying and terrible to take with him, Thomas opts for the iron helmet. Sure, he probably will end up looking pretty ridiculous wearing an iron helmet too, but at least he can always pretend he'll be able to afford a suit of iron to go with it someday, right?

Oh, and of course he's going to try to grab up as much of the non-magical monetary loot as he figures he can get away with without the others punching him in the face for being greedy. Magical artifacts are useful, sure, but money makes the world go round, and he could really use quite a bit more of it these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    The Original Hooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

27. - Top - End - #117

Good.

If he had tried to grab it then horrible things take place.

People who break the Random Encounter™ rules often times get struck with some pretty terrible maladies. Like cursed items. Mean cursed items. So don't try it!

*ahem*

The flesh lump will begin to gibber at Rael.

That's...

Pretty much all it does.

Ever.

Amil continues gnawing on her pants!

Thomas has acquired the Helm of the Iron Tyrant! Once put on it takes the form of a simple iron skull-cap that could be rather easily hidden under a more stylish hat. On command it encases the wearer in a suit of full-plate armor that restricts movements no more than a set of normal clothing. Aside from providing a really nice suit of armor anyone who attacks the wearer risks being Dominated, their will being subverted by the wearer. A Dominated foe is forced do the wearer's bidding for one minute, after which time they are freed and compelled not to attack the wearer again.

28. - Top - End - #118

Woo, magical helmet with genuinely useful and relevant powers! Thomas decides to fill it up with shiny coins, rare trading cards, and miscellaneous currencies, seeing as he really hasn't a lot of room in his pockets, and is going to need to make some really expensive purchases in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    The Original Hooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

29. - Top - End - #119

Indeed it is useful! Great item for some squishy guy that would rather avoid getting killed. Also makes a decent thing to store loot in.

Hazzah for loot?

Amil pauses in her pants-chewing to scrutinize Thomas for a few moments.

She's almost certain that she has seen this guy before.

But where...?

Oh. Duh.

Almost didn't recognize Magtok without his purple robes. Should she say hello to him? This isn't like it's the first time she's seen the guy before. But that was when she was an NPC and all the big-name people in the Nexus just ignored her.

Ah what the heck, why not?

"You're Magtok, aren't you?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Rael puts on the Amber Crown, as it seems like a genuinely useful thing.

He then heads over to Riley, and says "So, would that brand come back if you grew a third arm, rather than making a new one in the same place?"

He also looks curiously at Amil. Hadn't she just killed several of his Quill Wolves?
    Last edited by C'nor; 2011-08-22 at 01:58 PM.