New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Heliomance's Blasphemously, Stupendously Unalliterative Random Banter #167

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    There is a reason for that, chewing ice is fun.
    Eh... My teeth don't like to chew ice.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Heliomance's Blasphemously, Stupendously Unalliterative Random Banter #167

It's tough to go with the flow when someone keeps damming the stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Too many seeds are in watermelons.
    *shakes head and continues de-seeding*

4. - Top - End - #484
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    *shakes head and continues de-seeding*
    Why on earth would you ever want to de-seed a watermelon?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Huh. People around me seem to fill up the entire glass with ice as of late.
    I find that that's generally done by eateries of various sorts, so they don't have to sell you as much beverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #486
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Well, you surely can't expect me to just eat the seeds, surely. Such bravery is saved for the battlefield, civilian life is above such reckless foolhardy.

And it's been a boring Sunday.

7. - Top - End - #487

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Well, you surely can't expect me to just eat the seeds, surely. Such bravery is saved for the battlefield, civilian life is above such reckless foolhardy.

And it's been a boring Sunday.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong, at all, with eating the seeds. Just eat them whole, no need to chew. It's incredibly easy not to crunch them due to the way one eats a watermelon.

I have never understood why some people feel the need to remove the seeds from a watermelon.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

8. - Top - End - #488
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bobbing for seeds is fun!
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

9. - Top - End - #489

Quote Originally Posted by Pheehelm View Post
    Now that's the RIGHT way to de-seed a watermelon (the first way, not the farce way). Except there's no need to spit them out.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Heliomance's Blasphemously, Trend-Destroyingly Unalliterative Random Banter #167

We used to have seed-spitting contests.

EDIT: I feel a little glum.

ION: I'm thinking of writing to Ursala K. Le Guin.

IOON: The Tao Te Ching is interesting....
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2011-08-28 at 09:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Heliomance's Blasphemously, Trend-Destroyingly Unalliterative Random Banter #167

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    EDIT: I feel a little plum.
    You feel plum? Here, have a prune. *hands over an internet prune and a free raisin* That plum-feeling is annoying.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Firbolg in the Playground

Do you know how figs are pollinated? It's disgusting.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #493
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

There is absolutely nothing wrong, at all, with eating the seeds. Just eat them whole, no need to chew. It's incredibly easy not to crunch them due to the way one eats a watermelon.

I have never understood why some people feel the need to remove the seeds from a watermelon.
    It would seem that you and I eat watermelon differently, since your method apparently doesn't involve chewing and mine does.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

14. - Top - End - #494

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    It would seem that you and I eat watermelon differently, since your method apparently doesn't involve chewing and mine does.
    Watermelon is so full of water and air that it doesn't need to be chewed in the traditional sense.

Step 1: Take (or break off) a bite or two of watermelon (it's so soft that you could actually suck a few bites worth without actually biting).
    Step 2: Crush watermelon without actually chewing. There's no need for your teeth to connect while eating watermelon, and if they do there's no need for them to actually crush anything.
    Step 3: Enjoy watermelon taste.
    Step 4: Swallow seeds whole and uncrushed.
    Step 5: ???
    Step 6: Profit!

15. - Top - End - #495

Watermelon is so full of water and air that it doesn't need to be chewed in the traditional sense.

Step 1: Take (or break off) a bite or two of watermelon (it's so soft that you could actually suck a few bites worth without actually biting).
    Step 2: Crush watermelon without actually chewing. There's no need for your teeth to connect while eating watermelon, and if they do there's no need for them to actually crush anything.
    Step 3: Enjoy watermelon taste.Step 4: Swallow seeds whole and uncrushed.
    Step 5: ???
    Step 6: Profit!
    Ah, I think I see the part I'm missing here. As a youngster at picnics I quickly determined that I don't really like watermelon (I like stuff that is "watermelon flavored", just not actual watermelon). As a result I never learned that you can basically inhale the stuff seeds and all.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, I think I see the part I'm missing here. As a youngster at picnics I quickly determined that I don't really like watermelon (I like stuff that is "watermelon flavored", just not actual watermelon). As a result I never learned that you can basically inhale the stuff seeds and all.
    Same thing with me. I cant stand watermelon's texture or taste, but everything with watermelon flavor is deliciousness.
    ION:
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Same thing with me. I cant stand watermelon's texture or taste, but everything with watermelon flavor is deliciousness.
    ION:
    Ya, I seem to prefer the artificial flavoring of watermelon.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

18. - Top - End - #498

I feel sorry for you if the quality of watermelon there is so poor that you can't enjoy eating them.

There are some here that aren't that grand, but most are just bursting with deliciousness.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Colossus in the Playground

I am confused at how you guys even like watermelons in the first place. Blech.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

I am confused at how you guys even like fruits in the first place. Blergh
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-29 at 12:44 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

21. - Top - End - #501

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Hey now, some fruits are good. Apples are fine, for instance, and Pineapple is awesome. I just hate things with seeds, and Watermelon is the subject at hand.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. I love apples, grapes, *Censored*, pears, peaches, lemons, limes...etc. Just not watermelon.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

23. - Top - End - #503

Hey now, some fruits are good. Apples are fine, for instance, and Pineapple is awesome. I just hate things with seeds, and Watermelon is the subject at hand.
    What do you hate about the seeds? If you're crunching watermelon seeds UR DOIN IT WRONGTM, that was basically the whole point of this discussion...

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Apples are reserved for Bow and Arrow Practices.
    Pineapples are deadly weapons, not food.
    Fruits by definitions have seeds.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

25. - Top - End - #505

BlackDragon

I suspect she means the sort of fruit where the seeds are scattered randomly around the flesh, rather than apples where they're separated off in their own little compartment and you never need to even see them if you don't want to!

26. - Top - End - #506

What do you hate about the seeds? If you're crunching watermelon seeds UR DOIN IT WRONGTM, that was basically the whole point of this discussion...
    I know, but like..the way you described eating them seem like a choking hazard to me

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Heh. I love apples, grapes, *Censored*, pears, peaches, lemons, limes...etc. Just not watermelon.
    What is the censored thing?

Apples are reserved for Bow and Arrow Practices.
    Pineapples are deadly weapons, not food.
    If you say so. Also, note that most fruits allow you to avoid the seeds fairly easy. Watermelon has the seeds all over the place.

27. - Top - End - #507

I know, but like..the way you described eating them seem like a choking hazard to me
    There's absolutely no hazard in it at all. All of the crushing happens in your mouth, the watermelon becomes completely liquid before you swallow, the seeds go down very easily (or can be spat out almost as easily, but there's no need to do that).

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground

What is the censored thing?

If you say so. Also, note that most fruits allow you to avoid the seeds fairly easy. Watermelon has the seeds all over the place.
    It's yellow and curved.

Watermelons are designed that way to be smashed.

29. - Top - End - #509

I feel sorry for you if the quality of watermelon there is so poor that you can't enjoy eating them.

There are some here that aren't that grand, but most are just bursting with deliciousness.
    I think part of the issue around here is the idea that bigger must be better. This means that watermelon growers create these gargantuan melons that are twice the size of my head and have a corresponding amount of water without a similar increase in the amount of "juice" so it just takes like grainy flavorless blah instead of tasting like watermelon. It's not bad, per se, it's just boring and I don't see the point of putting that much effort into eating a fruit that doesn't even rate meh on the yummy scale.

Incidentally, many peppers are the same way. It's the little ones you have to worry about because the larger ones have had their "heat" diluted by the process of making them larger.

30. - Top - End - #510

NecromancerGuy

Mostly in the center. However, the way one slices a watermelon tends to distribute them throughout all servings.

Because we're semi-arboreal primates, I imagine.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-08-29 at 01:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide