New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Heliomance's Blasphemously, Trend-Destroyingly Unalliterative Random Banter #167

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    It's yellow and curved.
    Oh, you mean the bananananananananana (dak'ry)?

I used to eat fruit pips and all, no worries. Then I started thinking about what I do, and now it grosses me out. So I just chuck it all in a blender.

Mmmm smoothie.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Heliomance's Blasphemously, Stupendously Unalliterative Random Banter #167

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Dear god that sounds terrible. How can the world progress if all the villians are either redeamed or stay active? It's...it's like an MMO world!
    An MMO world? I thought those were all about absolute good and evil and mindlessly killing everything in your way.

Also, it's not like the whole plot is torn apart by it, but whenever a villian is captured, you get a feeling of deja vú, and the end/aftermath of every climactic final battle gets kind of predictable...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Heliomance's Blasphemously, Trend-Destroyingly Unalliterative Random Banter #167

One way to tell if a watermelon is good (not a foolproof method) is to look at the splotch on it. You know, that big white-or yellow splotch on one side? That's where the watermelon touched the ground while it was growing on the vine. The closer it is to a deep yellow instead of white, the longer the watermelon spent ripening on the vine, and the sweeter it is (usually).
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    One way to tell if a watermelon is good (not a foolproof method) is to look at the splotch on it. You know, that big white-or yellow splotch on one side? That's where the watermelon touched the ground while it was growing on the vine. The closer it is to a deep yellow instead of white, the longer the watermelon spent ripening on the vine, and the sweeter it is (usually).
    That's... actually really good to know. I used to just sorta knock on them with an ear pressed to it to see how liquid it sounded inside. >.>
    Dealing with massive extended family DRAMAAAAA, posting slow to nonexistent until issues resolved.

Avatar by the wonderful Ceika. Many praises be unto she.

Live your life without regrets.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Circle of Life View Post
    That's... actually really good to know. I used to just sorta knock on them with an ear pressed to it to see how liquid it sounded inside. >.>
    Yay! I'm helpful!

Also, cantaloupes or honeydew melons (can't remember which) can be tested by pressing a finger on the end of it opposite the stem. It should give a little, but not too much, and should not be permanantly deformed by it (it should spring back).
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

*Pokes Rawhide's new avatar*

*laughs at how Rawhide is slowly going insane*

So yellow watermelons=good? Nice to know. What about pumpkins?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    So yellow watermelons=good? Nice to know. What about pumpkins?
    Not yellow. I don't know how it is for yellow watermelon. I'm talking about the big splotch on one side of a normal green one.

No idea about pumpkin.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    It's yellow and curved.
    You mean a bananWe do not discuss bananas in public. Go back to your fun, citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    An MMO world? I thought those were all about absolute good and evil and mindlessly killing everything in your way.

Also, it's not like the whole plot is torn apart by it, but whenever a villian is captured, you get a feeling of deja vú, and the end/aftermath of every climactic final battle gets kind of predictable...
    Ok, admitidly I could of explained the MMO thing better. Basically, when you encounter a villian that our heroes cannot redeam and won't kill, they can continue to just do what they always do. In a sense it is like an MMO, where no matter how many times to kill the Lich King, he's still around to be killed again and again and again.

And yha, I guess I sort of exagerated how bad it was .

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

Accursed remodeling... I can't sleep in my dad's office on campus, I can't sleep in the 4th floor of one of the libraries with the couches because of remodeling, I can't sleep on the first floor of another because of too many people and it was remodeled. It's very frustrating for the guy who likes to sleep a lot.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, admitidly I could of explained the MMO thing better. Basically, when you encounter a villian that our heroes cannot redeam and won't kill, they can continue to just do what they always do. In a sense it is like an MMO, where no matter how many times to kill the Lich King, he's still around to be killed again and again and again.

And yha, I guess I sort of exagerated how bad it was .
    I love that part of MMOs! If that didn't happen, how could you get the l33t drops? WoW cataclysm is hilarious. Some quests still say "I will tell (old leader who isn't leader anymore) about your deeds." Said old leader is on another plane and probably doesn't have time for a chat with a level 13 npc. The other faction has guys who are going to tell a leader who was turned to stone that you killed 5 kobolds.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-29 at 01:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

12. - Top - End - #522

I love that part of MMOs! If that didn't happen, how could you get the l33t drops? WoW cataclysm is hilarious. Some quests still say "I will tell (old leader who isn't leader anymore) about your deeds." Said old leader is on another plane and probably doesn't have time for a chat with a level 13 npc. The other faction has guys who are going to tell a leader who was turned to stone that you killed 5 kobolds.
    I can understand the ability to replay missions, but I still think a world should change.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

I can understand the ability to replay missions, but I still think a world should change.
    Well, you get a title. Making the perception of the world change so that roleplayer who was 5 levels behind you sees this massive "I am dragon lord. Gratz!" ceremony is mean to the strange roleplayer people.
    There is some phasing stuff in the Death Knight starting area, and you can see other guys there, but I think they need to be in the same stage of the phasing. So seperate perception does kinda exist. I guess it could work if a MMO company decided to spend a couple months finding a way to make it work well, but then they wouldn't be creating new content and all the hardcore raiders would whine about no content. And then they will complain that the new content is terrible, or recycled, even though they were complaining about no heroic version of old dungeon a few months ago...
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-29 at 01:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

14. - Top - End - #524

Well, you get a title. Making the perception of the world change so that roleplayer who was 5 levels behind you sees this massive "I am dragon lord. Gratz!" ceremony is mean to the strange roleplayer people.
    There is some phasing stuff in the Death Knight starting area, and you can see other guys there, but I think they need to be in the same stage of the phasing. So seperate perception does kinda exist. I guess it could work if a MMO company decided to spend a couple months finding a way to make it work well, but then they wouldn't be creating new content and all the hardcore raiders would whine about no content. And then they will complain that the new content is terrible, or recycled, even though they were complaining about no heroic version of old dungeon a few months ago...
    I actually know nothing about WoW so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

However, I will say that a world should change, but in a way that newer players don't SEE the changes untill they've done the missions themselves.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

I actually know nothing about WoW so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

However, I will say that a world should change, but in a way that newer players don't SEE the changes untill they've done the missions themselves.
    I barely know about it either, I barely just got back into it and it is stealing my time away.

This is hard to do when the company needs new content that is demanding so it can keep the high level people busy. I agree that this would be wonderful, but seems like alot of work to appease a relatively small group. I think WoW has the seperate changes thing in the big treemountain place, but I seriously have no real clue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

I barely know about it either, I barely just got back into it and it is stealing my time away.

This is hard to do when the company needs new content that is demanding so it can keep the high level people busy. I agree that this would be wonderful, but seems like alot of work to appease a relatively small group. I think WoW has the seperate changes thing in the big treemountain place, but I seriously have no real clue.
    Stealing mine too

They have phasing in a few places. They had it during Wrath in Icecrown if I remember right. The treemountain too.
    Last edited by Eon; 2011-08-29 at 02:26 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

17. - Top - End - #527
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh god guys. So much paper. So many forms. So much confusing.

ION: I thought fall was supposed to be a time of flame colored trees and a sharpness in the air that braced the mind and spirit. Not limp brown leaves on the ground with slugs underneath and gray fog every morning do dense you can barely see the very decidedly green pine trees all over the place. Why can't the Pacific Northwest have nice winters?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post

ION: I thought fall was supposed to be a time of flame colored trees and a sharpness in the air that braced the mind and spirit. Not limp brown leaves on the ground with slugs underneath and gray fog every morning do dense you can barely see the very decidedly green pine trees all over the place. Why can't the Pacific Northwest have nice winters?
    Confuddlation, COMMENCE!

Because you live in Oregon/Washington area??? Didn't know that. But its probably because you live in a place with pine trees.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-29 at 03:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

19. - Top - End - #529

Pine Trees are immune to Fall. It's a thing they do.

And sometimes fall can be elegent. Sometimes it is not.

20. - Top - End - #530

Confuddlation, COMMENCE!

Because you live in Oregon/Washington area??? Didn't know that. But its probably because you live in a place with pine trees.
    Yes, but the trees that aren't pine and evergreens are all brown and wet, not flame colored and crackly. Why, why WHY?!?!

Pine Trees are immune to Fall. It's a thing they do.

And sometimes fall can be elegent. Sometimes it is not.
    Yes, but why does my entire area seem to be anti traditional fall?

I've never had an elegant one yet.

ION: Sweeney pondered and Sweeney planned, like a perfect machine he planned...
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Because it's saving up for one amazing Fall for you!
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

22. - Top - End - #532

Because you need to come to Ontario. We get the best falls. Golden, bright red maples!
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Because you need to come to Ontario. We get the best falls. Golden, bright red maples!
    I don't know, we get pretty nice falls here. I can trip so gracefully. Oh, and all the ice makes it happen so often.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

24. - Top - End - #534

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Because it's saving up for one amazing Fall for you!
    But, I might be moving next year... Before fall...

Lucky bastard. I bet you're tall too.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Then hope the new place has pretty Falls!
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

26. - Top - End - #536

Lucky bastard. I bet you're tall too.
    Six feet tall, yes. Why do you ask?

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

27. - Top - End - #537

Look on the bright side guys. My Fall is literally one day. One day everything is lush and green. Wake up, trees are dead. Morning after that, hope you like snow!

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

Look on the bright side guys. My Fall is literally one day. One day everything is lush and green. Wake up, trees are dead. Morning after that, hope you like snow!
    Our seasons are weird. We either have a Fall from September to the beginning of December, or sometimes we get a few days of Fall and there's a lot of snow on the ground by October.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

29. - Top - End - #539

My falls are pretty damn ordinary. Almost stereotypical.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

30. - Top - End - #540

Then hope the new place has pretty Falls!
    It's a city with rain for weather. nothing else. Even Seattle has changes in weather sometimes. and I live in the rainshadow, so I am so not used to friggin' rain all of the time!

Six feet tall, yes. Why do you ask?
    You're fourteen inches taller than me, that's why. Tall bastard.

I like snow! It's better than rain at least.

Our seasons are weird. We either have a Fall from September to the beginning of December, or sometimes we get a few days of Fall and there's a lot of snow on the ground by October.
    Where are you?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show