New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Heliomance's Blasphemously, Trend-Destroyingly Unalliterative Random Banter #167

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Anyway, although Super Robo's are awesome, I'd actually want a nice Real Robo series like the original Mobile Suit Gundam.
    I'm not sure if there is an exact match to what you want but a small list of Mecha RPGS:
    Alshard
    CthulhuTech
    DragonMech
    Mecha
    Mechamorphosis
    Mechanical Dream
    MechWarrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    god, locker locks are really fricking annoying!
    May I ask why you hold this belief?
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-30 at 02:46 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Heliomance's Blasphemously, Trend-Destroyingly Unalliterative Random Banter #167

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Generally if they're of any age and are not of high quality the things have an annoying tendency to get stuck, leading to difficulty in actually getting the combination successfully entered.

At least, that's been my experience with the ones issued by public schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #663

I'm not sure if there is an exact match to what you want but a small list of Mecha RPGS:
    Alshard
    CthulhuTech
    DragonMech
    Mecha
    Mechamorphosis
    Mechanical Dream
    MechWarrior
    I've never actually heard of any of these. What can you tell me about them, if I may ask?

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yes. Very much so.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

5. - Top - End - #665
    Firbolg in the Playground

They're annoying to operate, hard to use quickly, harder to use efficiently, and generally frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Oh yes. Very much so.
    Mine doesn't even click when you move past every number when you turn it, so the I have to line up the arrow and the turner very carefully to make sure I don't need to start all over again.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, are you suggesting they should click when moving past the correct number? Because that would make them completely worthless as locks. Also, in my experience, most locker locks have a range of about 3-5 numbers off on either side that they'll still open on.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

7. - Top - End - #667

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting they should click when moving past the correct number? Because that would make them completely worthless as locks. Also, in my experience, most locker locks have a range of about 3-5 numbers off on either side that they'll still open on.
    No, not that! Of course not. They don't click when going past every number, which makes them feel incredibly vague when trying to precisely line up every damn line and arrow.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-08-30 at 03:30 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, like I said, most don't need more than vague proximity to the correct number. In fact, I forgot the number on my locker for quite a while, and just got by with remembering more or less where to stop the tumbler.

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

Most of mine haven't clicked. Lining up usually doesn't have to be precise either.

Of course, when you have about 5 hours of sleep on a regular basis, lining up approximately takes on a new challenge.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't actually see how clicking would even help, given how close together the numbers are. It would basically just be a constant buzz as you turned the dial.

11. - Top - End - #671

Some locks do tend to cause problems at times, but for the most part, I don't find them to be that much of a hassle.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

12. - Top - End - #672

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    I don't actually see how clicking would even help, given how close together the numbers are. It would basically just be a constant buzz as you turned the dial.
    The slight resistance gives me the ability to know if I've turned it far enough for the number to have switched once I get close. I just don't feel comfortable with approximate.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ettin in the Playground

I've never actually heard of any of these. What can you tell me about them, if I may ask?
    Alshard:
    Never played it, but found it through Wikipedia. Though it says it's in Japanese I believe there is a translation floating somewhere. It's essentially Final Fantasy the RPG, there are mechanical elements, not really mechs, but steampunk tanks and androids and the like.

CthulhuTech:
    Call of Cthulu made anime with mechs. Crazy awesome but it detracts from the Cthulu feeling by emphasizing the mech and anime aspect. There is decent Mech customization but the emphasis is heavier on the characters side.

DragonMech:
    Steampunk awesome Mechs. "It centers on giant mechs, powerful war machines powered by steam, clockwork, magic, or slave labor."
    It's a mix between Fantasy Dnd Xenophobia and Mechs. It's awesome.
    Wikipedia does a far better job explaining it.

Though I'll warn you, your pockets are likely to be violently sacked, you NEED to get a number of supplements to be able to get the most out of the game.

Mecha:
    Great for one shots interludes. Customization and Creation is fast and has a decent deepness for what I've used it. Though I'll warn you that I have no experience with this for a complete campaign, I've just used it for interludes.
    RPGnet supports its use for a full fledged campaign though.

Mechamorphosis:
    Transformers the non-trademark violating RPG. Not exactly what you want but technically still a mech game.

MechWarrior:
    The first edition, which I played was bad, not mind bending awful like some other RPGs, but bad. Apparently the third edition got everything together and is good. RPGnet review of the third edition.

I'd recommend you to look mainly into Mecha and Dragonmech though. Mecha is great simple fun for one-shots and Dragonmech is fun when you have some supplements.

They're annoying to operate, hard to use quickly, harder to use efficiently, and generally frustrating.

Mine doesn't even click when you move past every number when you turn it, so the I have to line up the arrow and the turner very carefully to make sure I don't need to start all over again.
    Are these lock encrusted into the lockers?

My school tells us to bring a lock, I have a keyed lock, though I never actually use it since I don't really take valuables to school or leave books in it.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-30 at 03:45 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

14. - Top - End - #674

Mecha:
    Great for one shots interludes. Customization and Creation is fast and has a decent deepness for what I've used it. Though I'll warn you that I have no experience with this for a complete campaign, I've just used it for interludes.
    RPGnet supports its use for a full fledged campaign though.
    Of these, Mecha seems the most promising. However, for the life of me I can't find it, due to a more then generic name. If possible, can you provide assitence or my weak ass google fu?

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

Of these, Mecha seems the most promising. However, for the life of me I can't find it, due to a more then generic name. If possible, can you provide assitence or my weak ass google fu?
    Do you mean where to buy it or the reviews?

16. - Top - End - #676

I meant to "buy" it. But no worries, I found it XP

17. - Top - End - #677
    Troll in the Playground

I complained about this first!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep
    IRL: Is being late for half my classes and having extreme trouble with my locker's lock normal Freshman behavior??? Because my lock hates me. And my lunch period is the 8th period out of 10.
    And blargh what grade/year are you in?
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

18. - Top - End - #678

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post

Think, man. Are you going to get a straight answer to that question?

Love wins. S'agapo.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

Locker locks at my school don't unlock automatically when you put in the combo. Putting in the combo instead makes the dial act as a doorknob, except you can only turn it in the same direction you were turning the dial to input the last number.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Are these lock encrusted into the lockers?

My school tells us to bring a lock, I have a keyed lock, though I never actually use it since I don't really take valuables to school or leave books in it.
    My school makes us buy locks from them. Any other locks they cut off. It's basically a tax if you want to use a locker.

Hipster.

ION: Any of you remember (I think it was last thread) when I was talking about problems with several files that were possibly malicious? The ones all named win#########.exe? It's back Must get rid of it. Malwarebytes scan didn't turn up anything, currently running SUPERAntiSpyware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have a cheap locker. In the hopes it will get is act together, out of protest I never lock it, hoping it will protect my valued things anyway by haing an epihany of some manner in the time it takes me to return.

It actually works perfectly, I shouldn't be doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    I give names to certain objects, usually short lived. Such as the router. Usually it is similar to "Stupid Router of Terribleness". It keeps acting up.
    Does it enjoy playing checkers?

Need another shower.
    Is too hot outside, I sweat more than is common, too much for me now.
    *showers*

22. - Top - End - #682

Ah, but I wasn't paying attention, so I'm more original than you! (Insane troll logic wins if you don't care about others!)

Tsk tsk V

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Think, man. Are you going to get a straight answer to that question?
    Indeed. Even if I say I skipped grades you'd still all have a vague idea of where I am in time, seeing as I let slip I'm in high school a long time ago.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #683

So, I was reading through the Mecha book Pink Haired August suggested to me. I'm veeery much in approval. The guy says enough things to make me think he's a legit mech fan, and thus he's actually trying to do his best.

Now, if I were to use this one day, I'd change the battle system to make it more 4E esque, if only or simplicities sake. However, I like it a lot. Thanks for the recomendation Pinky. If I ever do a campaign of it, you're certainly invited. So add that to your official Zodi inventation list, right next to being able to join my next 4E campaign

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

So, today my best friend told me all about the joy of basic training, which is where he spent his summer. He said that as soon as he got off the bus, they were throwing things at them and screaming through a megaphone. He didn't get to eat on his first day because a sergeant threw his food onto the floor and was like "PICK THAT UP AND THROW IT AWAY, PRIVATE. HOW CLUMSY CAN YOU GET, BOY?". He said his bunkmate cried every night and he once walked in on a guy who had just slit his wrists with a piece of glass.

That's not going into all the stuff they had to do. You had to do yardwork on Sunday unless you went to church. He said he never went to church but he went to Buddhist meditation because they put you behind a little curtain by yourself and you could sleep. And a Jewish service once where they gave out bagels.

If there was ever any doubt about me not joining the military, it's gone now.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Barbarian in the Playground

My other half and I are moving into our own apartment tomorrow.

I'm both excited and nervous. Nervous mostly because I've never truly lived on my own where I've had to actually pay the bills.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

26. - Top - End - #686

Ah, but I wasn't paying attention, so I'm more original than you! (Insane troll logic wins if you don't care about others!)

Tsk tsk V

Indeed. Even if I say I skipped grades you'd still all have a vague idea of where I am in time, seeing as I let slip I'm in high school a long time ago.
    I agree with your logic there.

I know how old you are! You're--
    *Pinkie Pie shows up on my computer screen* FOREVER!

... It will be a riddle for the ages.

Love wins. S'agapo.

27. - Top - End - #687

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    So, today my best friend told me all about the joy of basic training, which is where he spent his summer. He said that as soon as he got off the bus, they were throwing things at them and screaming through a megaphone. He didn't get to eat on his first day because a sergeant threw his food onto the floor and was like "PICK THAT UP AND THROW IT AWAY, PRIVATE. HOW CLUMSY CAN YOU GET, BOY?". He said his bunkmate cried every night and he once walked in on a guy who had just slit his wrists with a piece of glass.

That's not going into all the stuff they had to do. You had to do yardwork on Sunday unless you went to church. He said he never went to church but he went to Buddhist meditation because they put you behind a little curtain by yourself and you could sleep. And a Jewish service once where they gave out bagels.

If there was ever any doubt about me not joining the military, it's gone now.
    That...sounds pretty harsh. Though according to my Dad, this is the typ of stuff Bootcamp is.

As rude as it sounds, the guy that slit his wrists probably isn't suited for the military, and should get out before it breaks him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    My other half and I are moving into our own apartment tomorrow.

I'm both excited and nervous. Nervous mostly because I've never truly lived on my own where I've had to actually pay the bills.
    Hooray! Good luck Kyrian!

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

That...sounds pretty harsh. Though according to my Dad, this is the typ of stuff Bootcamp is.

As rude as it sounds, the guy that slit his wrists probably isn't suited for the military, and should get out before it breaks him.
    Well, I'm pretty sure when you try to kill yourself they let you out. (Into the psych ward, but yeah.)

"We were cursed, beaten, kicked, and compelled to go through exercises to the extent that a few were unconscious for some minutes. They kept it up for the greater part of the afternoon, and then those who could possibly stand on their feet were compelled to take cold shower baths. One of the boys was scrubbed with a scrubbing brush using lye on him. They drew blood in several places.” —Mennonite from Camp Lee, Virginia, United States, 16 July 1918.

Some things never change.

You guys can probably tell, I was horrified by these stories.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2011-08-30 at 06:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I was reading through the Mecha book Pink Haired August suggested to me. I'm veeery much in approval. The guy says enough things to make me think he's a legit mech fan, and thus he's actually trying to do his best.

Now, if I were to use this one day, I'd change the battle system to make it more 4E esque, if only or simplicities sake. However, I like it a lot. Thanks for the recomendation Pinky. If I ever do a campaign of it, you're certainly invited. So add that to your official Zodi inventation list, right next to being able to join my next 4E campaign
    Yay! I'm now able to join to hypothetical future campaigns.
    Glad the book was similar to what you had in mind.

30. - Top - End - #690

Yay! I'm now able to join to hypothetical future campaigns.
    Glad the book was similar to what you had in mind.
    Yay indeed!

And yha, it was. Though really, it just gave me more inspiration to refluff 4E into a mecha game. I'm really tempted to head over to Homebrew and ask for some assistence to that, but not right now. Kinda busy.