New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Heliomance's "Rawhide Totally Hasn't Changed the Title" Random Banter #167

Quote Originally Posted by Eledragon View Post
    So, is there some sort of hidden magic to start posting in this thread?

Or is it just post and away you go?
    You mean, just regular posting on here? That just happens. It's the deluxe posts that require you to save the princess first.

EDIT: Nah, Mutant only goes around harassing the people who are already well respected members of the forum. He would never waste his time saying that an actual new person was new. (No, really, the only people he's ever asked have been like, E. Or Phee.)

ION: OMG GUYS!
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-09-02 at 12:55 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #902
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Heliomance's "Rawhide Totally Hasn't Changed the Title" Random Banter #167

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    You mean, just regular posting on here? That just happens. It's the deluxe posts that require you to save the princess first.
    What? Save the princess? I thought it was kidnap?

3. - Top - End - #903

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Only if you hit shift while playing Braid.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #904

You must embark on an epic quest to retrieve some arcane tome of great value, and return it to the library temple of Curly, Goddess of the Written Word. While undertaking this great task, you must also befriend any cats you happen to meet along the way, and fight against all enemies of the glory of language and knowledge. Only then will you be deemed worthy of the title of Banterite.

Or, you could just start posting and see if you like it here. I guess that works too.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

5. - Top - End - #905

*GLOMP!*
    You're in!

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Depends on your alignment. If you're evil, save the princess, and if you're good, kidnap her. Or something like that.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

6. - Top - End - #906

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    *GLOMP!*
    You're in!

Depends on your alignment. If you're evil, save the princess, and if you're good, kidnap her. Or something like that.
    <steals glomp>
    AHAHAHA! It's MINE!

Ahha, a ninja train!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #907
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    First you must pass the secret and hallowed initiation rites. Few are called to Random Banter, and fewer survive the rites.

...mostly they consist of getting glomped by more or less everyone here, and getting asked where you came from and why you're posting by Mutant Sheep. If you can handle that, you're golden.
    My god.

I'm home.

to answer the questions, Olympia, Washington (not DC ), and I'm posting 'cuz I want people to know me here.

8. - Top - End - #908

My god.

I'm home.

to answer the questions, Olympia, Washington (not DC ), and I'm posting 'cuz I want people to know me here.
    DUDE! I'm totally like near you! come to my city, and meet me1 Once you know the secret of how old I am you will be held in high regard by us all. Even me.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #909

BlackDragon

You must embark on an epic quest to retrieve some arcane tome of great value, and return it to the library temple of Curly, Goddess of the Written Word. While undertaking this great task, you must also befriend any cats you happen to meet along the way, and fight against all enemies of the glory of language and knowledge. Only then will you be deemed worthy of the title of Banterite.

Or, you could just start posting and see if you like it here. I guess that works too.
    I'll take the first option, please. Sounds like fun.

In light of trying to find something to banter with, I am a Trekkie.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

10. - Top - End - #910
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Hmm, I happen to know someone else on these forums who lives in Olympia, Washington.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

11. - Top - End - #911
    Colossus in the Playground

So I've been playing Legend of Zelda 2: Link's Adventure.

This is another situation where a game does not live up to its expectations, but this time in a good way. From all accounts I've heard, this game is terrible. Complete and utter terrible.

And so far, it's not bad. It's hard as nails and the knights that can switch where they attack and shield is VERY annoying, but really it just seems like "I'm not good enough" and not "bull****".

Admitidly, some of it has been kinda stupid. Like, I found an angel statue in a cave and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. But so far, it's been actually fun!

12. - Top - End - #912

News! I passed my driver's test!

Other news/question: Should I buy my university textbooks from Amazon, some other place, or just from the student store? Can experienced Playgrounders weigh in?

Love wins. S'agapo.

13. - Top - End - #913

BlackDragon

HUZZAH FOR DIVING PASSAGE!

No, seriously, good job.

Meh, thought I might as well share that I have to go back to school next Wednesday. Strangely enough, I got into Robotics, a class the school didn't have last year and was never mentioned.

and HOORAY! looks like I get my art class again! the art teacher here is awesome.

14. - Top - End - #914

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    So I've been playing Legend of Zelda 2: Link's Adventure.

This is another situation where a game does not live up to its expectations, but this time in a good way. From all accounts I've heard, this game is terrible. Complete and utter terrible.

And so far, it's not bad. It's hard as nails and the knights that can switch where they attack and shield is VERY annoying, but really it just seems like "I'm not good enough" and not "bull****".

Admitidly, some of it has been kinda stupid. Like, I found an angel statue in a cave and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. But so far, it's been actually fun!
    The main criticisms leveled against Zelda 2 is that a) it's kind of stupid and b) it's not what people expect out of a Zelda game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Heroes of Horror is only 1.8 pounds. By comparison, the DMG is a hefty 2.6 pounds, making it by far the more powerful book.

15. - Top - End - #915

I'm so tired this week. I knew I should've tried to stop being so nocturnal a few weeks before classes started, instead of the first day I realised I'd have to wake up at eight. Hopefully I'll have adjusted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    News! I passed my driver's test!
    Congratulations!

Other news/question: Should I buy my university textbooks from Amazon, some other place, or just from the student store? Can experienced Playgrounders weigh in?
    I've always got them used from the student bookstore, as they have quite reasonable used prices there and I much prefer buying stuff in person when I can. I did check Amazon before I did it this time, though, and they seemed to also have fairly reasonable prices (at least for used) - though I discovered that if you need a particular edition of something, it might be difficult to find on Amazon.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Bugbear in the Playground

Some were cheaper on Amazon, some at the college.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #917

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Box Socks View Post
    The main criticisms leveled against Zelda 2 is that a) it's kind of stupid and b) it's not what people expect out of a Zelda game.
    Ahh.

Yha, I can see that. I for one liked it, and for those complaining that every Zelda is the same, have fun with that for a bit. Atleast now I am safe in knowing that I like every single Zelda game. It always feels good looking at a series and being satisfied with every part of it.

18. - Top - End - #918

I still can't figure out how to set up a chat room on Pidgin. Can someone walk me through this please?

Love wins. S'agapo.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh.

Yha, I can see that. I for one liked it, and for those complaining that every Zelda is the same, have fun with that for a bit. Atleast now I am safe in knowing that I like every single Zelda game. It always feels good looking at a series and being satisfied with every part of it.
    You like the CD-i games?

You've got brain problems son.

AKU DEMANDS BLUES

GIVE ME BLUES (OR BLUEGRASS I DON'T MIND)

20. - Top - End - #920

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post

AKU DEMANDS BLUES

here, have a youtube.

ION, I looked up robotics on the school website. all that was to be had was pages about how gears work.

Ah, well, at least I can still hope that we get LEGO Mindstorms units.

21. - Top - End - #921

NecromancerGuy

AKU DEMANDS BLUES

Sorry, all I've got is C. C. Adcock.

<_< >_> Squadilah! We're off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

22. - Top - End - #922

You like the CD-i games?

You've got brain problems son.
    Trying to find a clever way to say "those don't count as games" but I can't.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Trying to find a clever way to say "those don't count as games" but I can't.
    Oh but they do! Mah boi.

@Coid: That'll have to do! I'm trying to break dese genre cuffs. But it is hard.

How is everyone anyway? I've finally finished my soul-crushingly boring olympian job so hooray, time to while away my life on the internet.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Lo: the apparent name of Herr Doktor, as I harass the SMBGs, attracts me like a wasp to a sweet scent. Buzz, buzz, buzz.

25. - Top - End - #925

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    The same people who decided to put roundabouts around roundabouts?

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, from what I hear the Magic Roundabout works really well--traffic flows through it nice and smoothly, which is kind of the point of a roundabout. Traffic lights on a roundabout, on the other hand, are an abomination invented by the same sort of sick mind who thinks that having to go round a roundabout to stay on a continuously-numbered motorway makes any sense whatsoever!

(Sorry about the mini-rant there, but anyone who's ended up on the wrong road after passing through Simister Island interchange on the M60 will know where I'm coming from... ).

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello hello, I'm pretty surprised you're still using that old rubbish I made. The budgie was much nicer.

27. - Top - End - #927

NecromancerGuy

@Factotum: Is that the roundaboout mentioned in Good Omens as being some kind of mandala or prayer wheel that brings suffering to all who drive through it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Lo: the apparent name of Herr Doktor, as I harass the SMBGs, attracts me like a wasp to a sweet scent. Buzz, buzz, buzz.
    So confused.

@Coid: That'll have to do! I'm trying to break dese genre cuffs. But it is hard.
    Genre cuffs? Welcome back to the internet, at any rate.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-09-02 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello hello, I'm pretty surprised you're still using that old rubbish I made. The budgie was much nicer.
    I am very fond of what you made me, kind sir. They are in regular rotation with my own work.

In to what dull job did they rope you, may I ask?

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I am very fond of what you made me, kind sir. They are in regular rotation with my own work.

In to what dull job did they rope you, may I ask?
    Surveying on the olympic site.

Considerably duller than you might first suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    So confused.

Genre cuffs? Welcome back to the internet, at any rate.
    Well I understood.

You know. Got stuck in a rut. Listening to too much post-dub-noise-tronica-alt-folk-rock. You know how it is.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

How is everyone anyway? I've finally finished my soul-crushingly boring olympian job so hooray, time to while away my life on the internet.
    I'm fine. Diggin' the sig and avatar.

ION: I guess I'm on vacation now. Leavin' for the beach Sunday.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2011-09-02 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.