New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Heliomance's "Rawhide Totally Hasn't Changed the Title" Random Banter #167

ah, alright.

my muffins, she is safe!

ION: vanilla ice cream with warm, homegrown blackberry sauce tastes just like pie without the crust. It's AMAZING ZOMG GOOD AHAHAHA!

2. - Top - End - #992
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Heliomance's "Rawhide Totally Hasn't Changed the Title" Random Banter #167

I can't get in. I click join to both of them, neither works. What.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #993

Maybe it's the handle? What handle did you use?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

4. - Top - End - #994

BlackDragon

I'm using google talk, as my gmail handle, lightdragon250. ()
    when I click join, it just refuses to do....anything. at all.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

Last try.

Room: playground.beta
    Server: conference.jabber.org

It Works!
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-09-02 at 08:53 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

I got it to work!
    Last edited by Eon; 2011-09-02 at 08:59 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

7. - Top - End - #997

I'm in! With the right name! Woohoo!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #998

Blech, my translation is horrible. Not gonna post it here, because if there are any other Chinese-speakers here, I'd make a total fool of myself.

Love wins. S'agapo.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Blech, my translation is horrible. Not gonna post it here, because if there are any other Chinese-speakers here, I'd make a total fool of myself.
    You're probably just being overly critical. But I wouldn't know enough to tell.

I do find languages fascinating.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2011-09-02 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

10. - Top - End - #1000

Maybe I'll have better luck if I try to translate some of the episodes?
    I'm kinda tempted to do that now, but that'll take a really long time...

Love wins. S'agapo.

11. - Top - End - #1001

Can't get it to work. I click join and then...nothing happens. Bleh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Heroes of Horror is only 1.8 pounds. By comparison, the DMG is a hefty 2.6 pounds, making it by far the more powerful book.

12. - Top - End - #1002

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Box Socks View Post
    Can't get it to work. I click join and then...nothing happens. Bleh.
    you've gotten in twice, ask Blue, he had the same issue.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1003

I got in...then it refused to let me talk.

EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF .
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Heroes of Horror is only 1.8 pounds. By comparison, the DMG is a hefty 2.6 pounds, making it by far the more powerful book.

14. - Top - End - #1004

BlackDragon

just wait a sec. happened to me too, it's just lag.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

So for my AP Computer Science class I'm supposed to install a Java editor (this one, to be specific), and I just found out that it's over 212 MB. Better not try to download that tonight, then.

IRN: My AP Computer Sciece class's size increased by 50% today. Meaning that, including me, there are three people in the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Troll in the Playground

confused Re: Heliomance's "Rawhide Totally Hasn't Changed the Title" Random Banter #167

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    So for my AP Computer Science class I'm supposed to install a Java editor (this one, to be specific), and I just found out that it's over 212 MB. Better not try to download that tonight, then.

IRN: My AP Computer Sciece class's size increased by 50% today. Meaning that, including me, there are three people in the class.
    Yay! Other people!

Wait, chatroom thing? *installs pidgin* I don't get it...
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-09-02 at 11:24 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Don't listen to this foolish ghost. His translation is perfect. And before you think I'm just being easy on him since we're buddy buds, I tackle all translated efforts with a "could I word this better then you" mentality, and I can honestly say I couldn't.

So yha, share with the board Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    Awesome. All this does is make your astounding powers all the greater, by having lesser beings as a comparission

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Yay! Other people!

Wait, chatroom thing? *installs pidgin* I don't get it...
    Best not to think to hard about these things Sheepy.

Speaking of thinking hard, I left a hint as to what new game I got in one of my posts today. Find it and try to figure out my gamge (I specificly am targetting you since you seemed interested the most).

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't listen to this foolish ghost. His translation is perfect. And before you think I'm just being easy on him since we're buddy buds, I tackle all translated efforts with a "could I word this better then you" mentality, and I can honestly say I couldn't.

So yha, share with the board Blue!
    I also thought it was quite good.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

19. - Top - End - #1009

New Apartment: Check
    Interwebz: FINALLY Check. (Seriously, there's two phone jacks in this apartment and NEITHER one was actually connected to any of the wiring.)
    Groceries: Check
    Still has money: Check

Now, I want a puppy. Preferably a female Border Collie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

20. - Top - End - #1010

If you want to post my translation, guys, go for it.

Love wins. S'agapo.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

tongue Re: Heliomance's "Rawhide Totally Hasn't Changed the Title" Random Banter #167

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    First you must pass the secret and hallowed initiation rites. Few are called to Random Banter, and fewer survive the rites.

...mostly they consist of getting glomped by more or less everyone here, and getting asked where you came from and why you're posting by Mutant Sheep. If you can handle that, you're golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Nah, Mutant only goes around harassing the people who are already well respected members of the forum. He would never waste his time saying that an actual new person was new. (No, really, the only people he's ever asked have been like, E. Or Phee.)
    That reminds me, I need to ask the Giant these questions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

Late at night... Check.
    Bored... Check.
    Never read through XKCD... Check.

This might work.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

Phew. "Recceveckorna" ("the Freshman Weeks") are now over. Yesterday was "Finaldagen" ("the Final Day"), and it was awesome. We finally got to take off our "Samveten" ("Consciousnesses", i.e. speech bubble-shaped name labels made in orange paper which we were supposed to carry all the time, and got quite attached to in time), which Rekå then proceeded to burn on a rather large bonfire. Rekå then revealed themselves as ordinary people and threw themselves in a river. It's quite amazing how much dark sunglasses conceil in terms of appearance.

We then proceeded to have a sit with good food and not especially evenly cut desserts (my dinner partner got a pretty small piece, the guy to the other side of her got a rather large one. My old classmate to my diagonal right got a long, thin strip cut in three pieces). I made myself a name by drawing an epic scenery on the table cloth (it was a cheap singel-use paper one) and got to draw small pictures in my dinner neighbours' song books (sadly, I forgot my own, so they couldn't write in mine).

On the release (I suppose that word could work. My translator won't reccognise the deffinition of "släpp" I'm going for...) I finally got "Reccedansen" ("the Freshman Dance") right, and it's quite amazing to see ~200 students flock to the dance floor when the intro starts, and then dance almost perfectly coordinated to this song. That song is going to give me nostalgia for many years to follow.

By the way, here's a page where both Rekå and Reccedansen can be found. Reccedansen can be found in the bottommost video on that page, as performed by a few Rekåiter. Rekåiterna (the Rekå members) can be found under the "Rekå" menu to the top left. The whole page is in Swedish, but it can be fun seeing how they looked (although, in the last day, only Generalen's haircut looked especially good). Then imagine them having a powerful smell of garlic around them (they consumed huge amounts of garlic to hide their body odour) and talking in a very peculiar way (I can't describe it, but many freshmen have taken after some of their speech patterns, and that even includes me in some cases). Also, they insisted on playing silly games with you, which was hard to deny, because you didn't want them to tear you Samvete apart.

And now my insane ramblings have come to an end. Proceed with whatever banter you're doing right now, and I'll probably join in the regular discussion some time this afternoon.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1014

BlackDragon

Default Re: Heliomance's Rightfully Reclaimed from Rawhide Random Banter #167

Yay! I have a Serpentine avvie! And it's a dragon! and it's name is Smaug! Yay!

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

I don't plan to get into movie making. But if I ever did and it was story-central, I think I'd hire Micheal Bay as a consult.

And do the exact opposite of whatever he says so I can laugh at the look on his face.
    Something i thought about three minutes ago.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-09-03 at 09:58 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome. All this does is make your astounding powers all the greater, by having lesser beings as a comparission
    Actually, he may be nerdier than me at computers. He built his own server computer. (I would do something like that, except it would be a gaming rig instead, but I don't have any money). So I'm currently in the middle of the class now in terms of geekiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Phew. "Recceveckorna" ("the Freshman Weeks") are now over. Yesterday was "Finaldagen" ("the Final Day"), and it was awesome. We finally got to take off our "Samveten" ("Consciousnesses", i.e. speech bubble-shaped name labels made in orange paper which we were supposed to carry all the time, and got quite attached to in time), which Rekå then proceeded to burn on a rather large bonfire. Rekå then revealed themselves as ordinary people and threw themselves in a river. It's quite amazing how much dark sunglasses conceil in terms of appearance.

*Stuff about Sweden and blah blah Sweden people*

And now my insane ramblings have come to an end. Proceed with whatever banter you're doing right now, and I'll probably join in the regular discussion some time this afternoon.
    Why did they throw themselves in a river? What time of the day was this? Was the water cold? Who are you? Why are you here? *banters at you*

Also... WHAT IS THAT SONG AND WHY DO THEY LOOK LIKE BANANAS WITH SUNGLASSES?!?
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-09-03 at 11:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    *School interacting like a Bauss*
    Glad to see you're having a lot of fun Teddy! Have fun =)
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2011-09-03 at 11:15 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ...I love how you all aren't actually gone, just lurking until you find something interesting. Really threw me for a loop there until I figured it out.

Still miss Dragonrider though. Such a shame, that.
    Aw was there a fight? I always miss fights. I bet there were lasers and robots and massive hair and everything...

Mm mmm. Eating madeleines and feeling like proust.

30. - Top - End - #1020

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    That reminds me, I need to ask the Giant these questions.
    At least refrain from misspelling his name.

There was a post on the OoTs forum asking who the Giant was.

Quote Originally Posted by Eledragon View Post
    Yay! I have a Serpentine avvie! And it's a dragon! and it's name is Smaug! Yay!
    Hello Smug!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show