New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Ninja, now with 100% more orange jumpsuits! (3.5 Base Class)

This class is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!
    I am DEFINITELY going to see if I can play it next campaign.

One thing I'm confused about. Are paths like cleric domains, like you choose two and every few levels you choose the next ninja art from one of the paths?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nope. You can dabble in as many ninja art paths as you like. You must take the first ability of a path before taking the second, and the second before taking the third, and so on. There are also level restrictions on the different tiers of the paths; that information is detailed in the blurb above the actual paths.
    Dealing with massive extended family DRAMAAAAA, posting slow to nonexistent until issues resolved.

Avatar by the wonderful Ceika. Many praises be unto she.

Live your life without regrets.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Circle of Life View Post
    Actually, unless you're playing with strictly OA, katanas are bastard swords, just as wakizashi are shortswords, mechanics-wise. You don't call them a bastard sword when you're using them of course, but I'm not going to make people hunt down a copy of OA just to know what their weapons do.
    The difference between OA katana and a masterwork bastard sword is that the latter is 65 gp cheaper. That's it.

On topic, I notice the ninja isn't proficient with unarmed strikes. Have we learned nothing from the poor monk?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Also fixed the money issue by sacrificing a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by subject42 View Post
    This board needs a "you're technically right but I still want to crawl into the fetal position and cry" emoticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukitsu View Post
    I define [optimization] as "the process by which one attains a build meeting all mechanical and characterization goals set out by the creator prior to its creation."
    Praise for avatar may be directed to Derjuin.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Greenish View Post
    On topic, I notice the ninja isn't proficient with unarmed strikes. Have we learned nothing from the poor monk?
    You know, I actually noticed that. I figured "Hey, nobody would seriously suggest somebody wasn't proficient with their fists - it would just be silly to include proficiency with their body in the weapon proficiencies..."

Haha. Oh, silly Circle. How little you know your audience.
    Dealing with massive extended family DRAMAAAAA, posting slow to nonexistent until issues resolved.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, just a quick question: the Path of the Crushing Fist's "Crushing Blows" technique says that it increases the ninja's unarmed damage by two steps. Does that mean two size categories? Two steps on the Monk's unarmed damage table? How does it interact with Superior Unarmed Strike? Or a Monk's Belt?
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2011-09-03 at 03:50 PM.
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

6. - Top - End - #36

Two size categories. For a normal medium creature, that would be 1d3 to 1d6, then 1d6 to 2d6 with the second instance of the ability. If you had unarmed strike damage naturally higher, such as by being a monk, it would increase appropriately.

SUS and Monk's Belt would take priority if they would boost the damage higher, otherwise not.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Circle of Life View Post
    Two size categories. For a normal medium creature, that would be 1d3 to 1d6, then 1d6 to 2d6 with the second instance of the ability. If you had unarmed strike damage naturally higher, such as by being a monk, it would increase appropriately.

SUS and Monk's Belt would take priority if they would boost the damage higher, otherwise not.
    So no stacking, only boosting? Curses. It seems I'll have to find some other way to get solid damage on a non-ranged, non-poison-using ninja.

LGBTitP

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

I just noticed something when building a Ninja, though I'm sure it was just a minor oversight; they have no mentioned method to regain Ki. Is it per-encounter? Per-day? Per-level? Do they need 8 hours of sleep? Do they need to spend 15 minutes in the morning meditating?

LGBTitP

9. - Top - End - #39

That was a silly oversight. It's a per-day resource, and the method of regaining ki has been added.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

This. Is. Awesome.

Not much coming from me but, Have a cookie .

Can't wait for the Rising Phoenix.
    CHAOS!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

I love this idea. I was disappointed in the ninja base class, and felt it needed something a bit more unique. This is exactly what I wanted. [insert praises you wish to receive here]

I hope you finish it soon

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

gonna join the call for rising phoenix.
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

More Phoenix please!

Though I am saddened by the lack of greater invisibility in this class, the ethereal part can make up for it. Speaking of ethereal, the CA ninja (which also turns ethereal, I assume this is where part of the inspiration for this class comes from?) has something that this doesn't.
    Ghost strike.

Did you intentionally leave this ability out, or did you forget to put it in?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

Phoenix is missing? Is it not finished?
    Also Jade sounds like a Chinese class not a Ninja.
    Can't help, but think of china when you think of jade especially thanks to this guy!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Emperor