New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Tide of Pain [Deathwatch]: IC

Bjorn shakes his head with a sigh. "Enough brothers. We have what we need to get this work done, and not to wrangle over authority and duties."

He inclines his head to the Inquistor. "We'll look through whatever information you can provide, Inquistor. I assume the armoury is available to us?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Macab View Post
    The Inquisitor bows to Daur; the movement smooth, practiced and almost mocking. Of course my Lord the word drips with sarcasm. I will see you are provided with all that you need.

As you say, this is a matter of some urgency. I would... request that word is spoken as if it has not been used in a long time that you take no more then a day to prepare for your mission.
    Daur returns the bow sincerely, apparently placated. "Certainly. I anticipate no more than a few hours shall be required."

Quote Originally Posted by Gamgee View Post
    "Of course it teaches that. Just like we are taught the Inquisition is bereft of corruption. Though I should not think I as a Techpriest should not be in the position of giving you or your Inquisition advice on its members state of moral appropriateness. Just like you should hope to not give me or the Adeptus Mechanicus advice on alien weaponry and the destruction there of."
    "That discussion is over, brother. You and I must speak on this matter later, as well as on the subject of propriety."

Turning back to the inquisitor, Daur inclines his head apologetically. "I feel I must beg your forgiveness and your forbearance for my brother's ill-considered remarks. If we might retire to a briefing theater, preferably one equipped with a hololithic tank, we shall make ready to depart."
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Ezekiel steps forward, asserting himself again from the shadows. "Brothers, we must put aside all other concerns for the moment. The mission is at hand. It sounds to me that we have a number of objectives to complete quickly. This artifact must be analyzed and dealt with, in whatever form we see fit. We must find out if this Warboss is being manipulated, or if he is some abomination among his kind, as well."

Turning back to the Inquisitor, "Was there anything else you needed to add Inquisitor? My Brothers and I have preparations to make, and I am sure that you would like us to make all due haste to the surface."
    Thanks to The Randomizer for the great Eldar Ranger Avatar!!!

4. - Top - End - #34

Hannibal
    "That is all I ever asked Inquisitor." He accepts the bow by bowing back glad to have been vindicated.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

Leonatos smirks under his helmet at his brother's squabble with the Inquisitor, but ignores it. Leonatos turns to leave the room, and looks at the Inquisitor. "Thank you for your hospitality.." Leonatos says, his voice altered by his helmet. "Inquisitor is a there a training room of some sorts on this ship, if not then I shall try to get some rest before briefing, and planet fall.."
    Last edited by Hierarchy9990; 2011-08-31 at 09:04 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36

The training room is located on the 17th deck, room 345. The armory is room 343.

OOC: Full mission briefing and requisition will be up soon
    The Lords of Uncloaked Steel
    "But iron - cold iron - is master of them all."

7. - Top - End - #37

Lilian bowed her head towards the Inquisitor before leaving, searching for a quiet room with a view of the planet. Once she found an unoccupied area, she knelt on the ground, closed her eyes, and began to pray to the Emperor for guidance.

It would be a difficult task, once the Deathwatch landed on the planet. Already tempers were flaring and the alpha dog mentality of both the Inquisition and the Adeptus Astartes were clashing. The Saint feared what would happen once the common threat to authority -- the Inquisitor, in this instance -- was gone, and only the Astartes were left. Would there be a power struggle? Lilian prayed that there wouldn't. Such disunity, discord would be extremely detrimental.

The concept of another Saint brought joy to her heart, however. But such rumors were constant, albeit rarely true. Still, the request of the Canoness weighed upon the Saint's mind. It was a minor concern, compared to the mission itself, but it was something Lilian prayed she would be able to accomplish, if not before the xenos weapon was destroyed, then certainly afterwards.

Praying for His guidance, Lilian became lost in her mind, awaiting the announcement that it was time for planetfall.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Avatar from the NSFW webcomic, Go Get a Roomie.

8. - Top - End - #38

Mission Briefing 3455/03.2

Praise be to the Emperor, who gives us the power to destroy our Enemies.

Praise be to the Inquisition, who gives us the means to destroy our Enemies.

The Artifact

Waaagh Gutwort has discovered some form of Artifact buried in the Boreal Forests of Kislev. They have started a massive excavation project in order to extract this Artifact. It is likely that they intend to weaponise it in order to break through the Imperial Guard defending the coast and attack the hive cities of the southern continent Karath.

Identifying and if possible destroying the Artifact is your primary objective.

Durog Gutwort

The Cybork Warboss Durog Gutwort is the leader of this Waaagh. He has lead the Orks to several victories against the Imperial Guard. He has proved his mettle in both personal combat, he is reported to have killed Colonel Greer of the 319th Cadian in a duel, and as a commander; leading fearlessly from the front lines.

Killing him will greatly benefit the Imperial Guard's campaign against the Orks, possibly even cause the Waaagh to self destruct. But it is a Secondary Objective nonetheless.

Kutark Bolt-head

Kutark Bolt-head is the Mech we suspect is behind the Excavation project. Intelligence indicates that he is also the Ork in charge of the rest of the Mechs. Killing him, like killing Gutwort, will cause a power vacuum among the Mechs which will most likely distract both from the war effort and the Excavation.

Killing him is a Secondary Objective.

The Grave of Holy Mother Divinestra

The Orks have captured the Grave of the Holy Mother of the Order of the Burning Diamond. This is an affront not only to the Adeptus Sororitas but to the Emperor as well.

If possible you should reclaim the Grave, it is a Secondary Objective.

Rumors of a Saint

It is rumored that a Saint, manifested as a nude woman made entirely of fire. Normally the Inquisition would discount such reports as battle stress or shell shock. But, the reports are eerily similar and repetitive. I have decided that it is possible that this Saint is the manifestation of the Spirit of Divinestra.

If at all possible, investigate these claims. It is a tertiary objective.

The ships armory is open to you. You have 100 Requisition, take all that you need.

9. - Top - End - #39

Leonatos moves to the armory, and picks up some supplies

After storing away his items. Leonatos straps on his jump pack, and makes sure his power sword, and chain sword is strapped on securely, and returns to the group.

"I believe we should assassinate the Ork bosses, then move on to the Artifact.. The reason's for this is that If we can take care of this artifact we'll delay the Orks even further, plus the more time we spend dallying about they more chance for the Orks to dig up this thing, and do considerable damage.. Also taking care of the Ork bosses would be a sound tactical move. Orks are stupid brutes, and if we get rid of their leader's they'll spend their time fighting amongst each other..

Which means less man power for them, and more time for us to do some damage.. As for the grave, and this "Saint" they are of little consequence, and they can wait until we've completed the other objectives.."

Leonatos says in a cold, even voice, altered by his helmets vox system.
    Last edited by Hierarchy9990; 2011-08-31 at 08:35 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

"It would be simplest to deal with the static objectives first, I think. We might waste a considerable amount of time searching for the Warboss and Mek, to say nothing of the rumors concerning this saint. Our primary task is to investigate this artifact. To that end, I propose that we strike it first, while we are at our full strength. It is also possible, perhaps even probable, that the the Mek will be at the site. If so, we accomplish two goals with one stroke. After we have secured our primary objective, we should then press on to the tomb of the Holy Mother and cleanse the xenos from it. Gutwort will likely either be supervising the excavation or operating at the battlefront, depending on his particular character. I suggest this approach because we must not risk the retrieval and use of the artifact, nor must we permit rumor of our approach to give the xenos time to fortify their position. Moreover, it is not unlikely that one or more of the Ork leaders will be present at the excavation site."
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

Juviel nods in agreement. "Primary objectives first," he says. "Besides, an Ork Warboss will seek us out once we start hitting their forces - They need to be the biggest and the baddest, and he will lose their place in the ork hierarchy if he does not challenge us"

12. - Top - End - #42

Leonatos nods at his fellow Blood Angel "Very well. It seems destroying this Artifact first, and foremost seems to be the most logical step.."

13. - Top - End - #43

"We seem to be agreed, then. I would also recommend that we requisition a Storm-pattern Land Speeder for rapid transport on the surface, if such a vehicle is available. The next matter that requires our attention is that of mission leadership. For my part, I would nominate brother Bjorn."
    Snickett avatar by me.

14. - Top - End - #44

Hannibal
    "Oh he will most likely be at the site. Under hundreds of feet of tunnels and dug in like a tick. That's how these things always go, foul Xeno's can't ever just stay above the damn ground. Have to always dig. Also I would rather not destroy this artifact which might take who knows how long. Then all of a sudden the Warboss and Mek pop into place. This thing isn't going anywhere at least not today from the intel. Why rush? Hit the hardest things first while we are capable of it. This will make everything so much easier after they are dead. I would expect nothing less than a pitched battle. They all probably blow the thing up themselves trying to start it too early or something." He finishes checking the scanner and Plasma Pistol he grabs from the armory. Both appear to be working fine. He slams home a canister int he Pistol before locking it to his side ready to draw.

"There's going to be lots of dug in orks on the ground. We're going to need someone who's adept at destroying tons of foes. I feel Brother Ezekiel will be more than sufficient for this task. I expect we'll have to dig in at least once given their numbers."
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2011-09-01 at 01:08 AM.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Bjorn nods as he prowls through the armoury, selecting various weapons and other equipment that he believes he'd need. "I agree with Brothers Halbron and Juviel. The Mek will be overseeing the extraction of the artifact and we'll surely encounter and be able to elimante him when we move to secure it.

The Warboss will be drawn out once we capture or destroy the artifact, depending on our findings. Does this ship have the means of teleportiation? Extracting something Orks want is not easy, espeically given its likely size."

He paused, rubbing his beard lightly. "If you choose me to lead, I'll do with honour and experience, but only if there are no more disputes, you all understand?"

He turned to face the rest of those in the armoury. "We are of different Chapters and Orders, we see many things differently. But we are all brothers and sisters, created and blessed by the Allfather Himself. We stand as one or we fall. Agreed?"

Req spending.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Meltagun: 20
    Metal storm rounds: 15
    Astartes grav chute: 5
    Grav flares: 7
    48 total

I think we should grab Naval extraction as our means of exit for 15 points, or a teleport homer for 10. I'll spring for that myself.
    Last edited by Donan; 2011-09-01 at 12:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Ezekiel waits until the rest of his Brothers are done getting what they need from the Armory. He knew that his Heavy Bolter would be all the weapon he needed. It had served him for decades before, and it's Machine Spirit would be thirsty for Ork blood again. Once he has made his way through the Armory, selecting the various reloads that he will need for the upcoming mission, Ezekiel heads out to rejoin his Brothers.

"Brothers....I too agree. The excavation must be our first objective. It is likely that this...Bolt-head....will be there as well, overseeing the project. Our battle will cause the others to come to us. Once we have determined the nature of the artifact, and dealt with the immediate threats, we should make our way to the Grave. If Gutwort has not shown himself by then, the WAAGH itself will tear him apart for cowardice." He pauses to look at each of his Brothers, and the Saint he has learned to respect, "This artifact must be our top priority, of that much I am certain. Whether it was enough to unite the Orks on their own, or something that another Xenos filth desires enough to manipulate the Orks, it will need to be handled." Finally, he turns to Brother Bjorn, moving closer, "Brother, I am honored by your words. Indeed, I have slain wave upon wave of these brutes. Great green rivers of blood have run at my feet. Your endorsement does me honor, and upon the battlefield I give my personal Oath to uphold that honor. I believe however, that Brother Bjorn would be the best to lead us. The Orks....are a strange lot. Almost a collective mind. If any of us will be able to find two Orks in a sea of Green, I believe that it will be him." Pointing towards the motor pool he continues, "I do suggest, however, that we obtain a heavily armored transport that could carry not only our mighty forms, but extended supply as well."

17. - Top - End - #47

Hannibal
    "Very well then it seems our plan is clear."
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2011-09-01 at 08:24 AM.

Exile

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Weapons and equipment to hand Bjorn paced somewhat, before coming to face the kill team with a wicked grin on his face.

"Our goals and means are decided then. We will descend via a drop pod to strike the Greenskins before they are able to react. Their Mek and Warboss will doubtless come hunting themselves and allow us the pleasure of staining the ground with their flithly blood."

The Rune Priest waved a hand. "If they fail to find us, they'll surely die in the power struggle resulting from their failure, Orks being what they are. We will retrieve or destroy the artifact and call for a shuttle to transport us to the shrine, where I am sure their infighting will serve us greatly."

He produced a series of rune stones, turning to Lillian. "There is another matter as well. Come here, little sister."

19. - Top - End - #49

The Saint stirred from her reverie, looking at Bjorn. "Yes, Runepriest?" Standing, she moved towards him, a serene look upon her face. Per her request, psyflame ammunition had been prepared for her, six canisters, as well as her rosarius and a grav chute. A masking field had also been prepared for her, and as soon as the mission was about to start, she would collect the small items. A few ration packs had also been part of her request -- just in case.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

20. - Top - End - #50

Juviel strapped his grav chute to his armor and personally checked the loads of his launcher and pistol before allowing the serfs to aid him in donning his lightning claws. After they had backed away to a safe distance, the Blood Angel flexed his fingers, watching the mono-edged claws mimic his movements. A blink-click in his display activated the power fields - blue-white lightning coruscated between the blades, rising upwards with the air that was superheated by their passage.

++Vox check, brothers. I believe I am ready for insertion.++

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Bjorn nodded to Lillian, rune stones now spread between his fingers. "Before I lead us in an oath, there is something else to speak of. You've heard, as have all of us, tales of this Saint on the planet's surface. If we're to find her, we may need to seek guidance from the Allfather.

You will be closer to her spirit then any of us. Ask a single question, and I will read the stones to see what is told."

22. - Top - End - #52

She nods, closing her eyes for a moment before speaking.

"Where can we find the Living Saint rumored to be leading the Devastators upon this planet's surface?" she asked simply, opening her eyes and looking into Bjorn's. The Prayer of Paragon was still in effect -- the Saint hadn't had reason to release concentration of it -- and she poured her willpower into the Runepriest, to grant him her Emperor-given strength in his interactions with the Warp.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Bjorn channeled the energies of his staff, keeping his focus tight and controlled to avoid drawing otherworldly attention.

Spoiler
    Show
    Invocation test.
    73 (Lillians's WP)+15 (staff)
    (1d100)[73]

Focus power test for augury
    (1d100)[81]
    Augury reading (PR 3)
    Last edited by Donan; 2011-09-04 at 03:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

The stones speak to Bjorn, In the shadow of her Mother, fighting with the dead Guardsman.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Bjorn closes and opens his eyes slowly, shifting the rune stones held in his hand. "I need time to think on that answer, the signs aren't always simple."

He shakes his head, focusing on the kill team again. "The shadow of her mother, with the dead guardsmen. That's an answer to consider."

He gives a faint smile. "Our oath. This is our first battle together and we should take what unites us all."

He clasps a fist to his chest. "In the name of the Allfather, the creator of us all I pledge our service and dedication. In His name our enemies will fall and we will strengthen His Imperium."

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Oath of the Emperor.

26. - Top - End - #56

For the oath-taking, Apothecary Daur kneels, making the sign of the Aquila. As Bjorn finishes, Daur begins his part of the oath. "To His cause I devote my vigilance and the skill of my art. His servants will I vouchsafe against the taint of the unclean, that they may not be found wanting when He calls them to His side." After he finishes, Daur dons his helmet, symbolically assuming the visage of the angels of death.
    Snickett avatar by me.

27. - Top - End - #57

Lilian closed her eyes, feeling the warmth of the Emperor's light within her, and smiled at her comrades. It was pleasing to see their devotion to the God-Emperor. Kneeling, making the sign of the Aquila, the Saint uttered the next phrase of the Oath. "By the powers granted to me by the God-Emperor Almighty, I shall scour clean this planet and see it's wickedness removed. By His light I shall fight, and by His grace I shall be triumphant." Standing, she looked over at the men.
    Last edited by Lucretia; 2011-09-05 at 12:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

"For the Angel and The Emperor!" Juviel says, tounhing the wings on shoulder guards.

29. - Top - End - #59

Lowering his head slightly, with his right fist over his heart. Leonatos follows the oath silently, then utters his part. "++I will dedicate my self wholly to cleansing this world. I will not rest until the ground is stained with Xeno blood. I will not rest until this planet is brought back into the warm embrace of the Imperium, and I will do all of this gladly. In the name of Emperor, and his son Sanguineous...++"
    Last edited by Hierarchy9990; 2011-09-05 at 02:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Ezekiel watches his Brothers give their Oath, standing sentinel in their solemn vows. Then he too sinks to a knee, hand over one of his hearts, "Emperor guide us. Let us not stray from His chosen path. Let us not falter. We will bring the message of the Holy Bolter to His enemies. Once more we enter the fray in His name, and once more we will be triumphant. For the Emperor!"