New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default [BitP:R] Curbstomp! The determination to win a battle!!

[11th Training Grounds, an unspecified amount of time after Masaru's talk and Kazuma's first Zaraki Patrol]

It was pretty packed for a duel that had nothing to do with Captaincy or the like. To be fair, this wasn't the first time someone in 11th picked a fight with another one of the same division, particularly with Kazuma, nor was it the first time Jiro had picked a fight with someone. But it WAS the first time in a while that two single-digit officers went at it. Captain Michiko Himura often frowned upon such fights, provoked by nothing else than the clashing of egos and yielding no more results than bruising the same.

But then, the Captain wasn't around now.

To be fair, the cheering was on both sides. Kazuma had a reputation in the 11th for driving the unseated nuts with harsh training. Jiro had a reputation for being annoying - if not an outright idiot to some, but high IQ was never much of a requirement in this particular division. Thus, those who loathed Kazuma the most cheered for Jiro, and those who loathed Jiro the most cheered for Kazuma. Even so, the general consensus seemed to be that Jiro was about to get his ass kicked.

When the 7th seat arrived on the field, he was carrying his Gantou propped up against his shoulder. His left hand was tucked inside his shihakusho ronin-style.

"Let's get this over with. I've got more things to do besides teaching you humility."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [BitP:R] Curbstomp! The determination to win a battle!!

Jiro

His opponent stepped up as well. His top clothing removed to allow for more maneuverability. He was holding his kusari-gama in both hands, one holding the one of the handles the other holding part of the chain. "Don't be so sure your going to win Kazuma. A battles not over until one of the fighters is unable to go on. If anything it sounds like your the one who needs to learn a little humility."

Jiro gets into his battle stance legs spread about 2 feet apart and his arms slightly tensed so that he could move as soon as the motion was needed. His golden colored eyes had the look of a hawk in them. He was taking this fight completely serious.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

"Baka. We're on the same side. If I beat you until you're unable to go on it'll be because I've dismembered you. You're that kind of stubborn idiot."

Kazuma started calmly walking in Jiro's direction. He didn't take his shades off. Jiro knew by now this meant he didn't consider him a worthy opponent.

"I'll have to make do with crushing your spirit instead. Not that I expect it to be hard."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

He grits his teeth as he starts spinning the length of chain in his hand opposite of the one holding the scythe handle. "Che, you really are a cocky son of a bitch aren't ya? Well then if your really going to not take this seriously, Don't blame me when your in the 4th division baracks!"

With that he stops spinning the length of chain and throws it forward the other mini-scythe attached to it hurtling towards Kazuma's left side.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

And then the wind decides to just up and knock it away.

Wait, what?

If Jiro looked closely, he'd see that Kazuma had actually moved his sword arm incredibly fast. His technique with the Gantou allowed him to slice a path through the air in a fraction of a second; given Sekkiseki's Reishi-draining properties, it caused a vaccuum, which led to a fierce upwards wind strong enough to blow the weapon away.

Kazuma's expression did not change through that last bit, like he hadn't made any effort at all. The unexpected turn might make it hard for Jiro to pull the chain back though.

But the 7th seat doesn't use this opportunity to attack. Instead, he continues to walk forward.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

His eyes narrow as he catches the movement and the weapon is knocked away. He pulls the chain back as he drops the handle of the scythe in his other hand and grabs another section of the chain and then starts swinging both scythes towards Kazuma. Using his dexterous fingers he manages to weave complex patterns with the chains.

One of the scythes heads towards Kazuma's midsection but with a twitch of Jiro's fingers pulls out of it's feint and instead jerks back and with another small swing tries to wrap around his legs while the second scythe misses him completely only to return with a small jerk of his arm to try and stab into Kazuma's back.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

"It's so cute of you to think that two consecutive feints will make a difference. Word of advice: your rhythm is too predictable."

With that said, Kazuma first swooped the massive sword behind his back just as the first scythe was about to wrap around his leg - instead, tangling it against the blade as he twists it, wrapping the weapon around his own. The second end has a similar fate. With a slight spin, he holds the sword to his side with both ends of the chain anchored against it.

"Come now, show me your next move. It should be less boring."

As he continued to walk forward, he twisted the blade further to keep the chains taut so Jiro won't recover them without getting into a tug-of-war.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

He fought to keep the smirk off of his face. If there was one thing that Jiro prided himself on and that others would acknowledge if only grudgingly was Jiro's seemingly freakish amount of strength. As Kazuma lifts his leg to take a step he pulls hard on the taut chains trying to use the fact that he only has one support at the time of the pulling. If he does manage to succeed in pulling Kazuma towards him he tries to slam his elbow into the his face.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma doesn't really seem to notice the difference. With only his right hand, he keeps the chains in place - although there is an ever-so-slight shaking in the process.

How the hell does someone develop that kind of strength? Sure he swung that piece of wall like it was made of paper, but he had to hold the damn thing at an angle, with his outstretched arm AND Jiro timed his pull so he had the least amount of balance when he did! Then why? Why wouldn't it budge the way he needed it to?!

"Well? Are you going somewhere with this?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

Jiro grits his teeth in insurmountable anger. Kazuma is probably smirking as he hears Jiro's teeth grinding. "JIRO CALM DOWN! Kazuma is expecting this. If you give in to your anger you will just prove him right. What you need to do is stay calm. What you need to do right now is do something that will take him off guard. Like HECATE said before Kazuma knows how you fight. So try switching it up." Jiro gives an imperceptible nod. He gives one last hard pull of the chain putting all of his strength into it. Then he lets go. Using the hopeful time that the extra strength pull distracted his opponent Jiro uses shunpo to speed into Kazuma's guard. He then tries to drive his elbow into Kazuma's midsection and his fist into his face as he uses hi Lethal Injection technique pumping an insane amount of Reiatsu into it.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

"Good change of strategy, but no." Kazuma replied as Jiro sped up. The yank didn't seem to get much out of him; apparently the 7th seat considered the possibility Jiro would quit the tug-of-war in favor of getting up close and personal. He IS an 11th member after all.

Jiro, however, did not consider two small factors.

First, by combining an elbow strike with a punch, he eliminated much of the speed and impact of either. Since he doesn't have two hands on the same side of his body, he can only count on propelling himself forward; the speed can't be translated into strength to the arms because he can't rotate his waist accordingly. Because of that, his strikes are easy to see and feel coming.

Second, Kazuma is slightly taller than him, which gives him a minor advantage in reach.

Kazuma spun on his left heel, shooting his right leg forward fractions of a second before Jiro came into range. It seemed like a freestanding spinning sweep kick, heel aimed right for his ankle, the first of the seven points of balance in the human body. At the same time, the 7th seat put his sword up, which from his crouching position meant that even if Jiro wasn't hit, his elbow would strike the sword instead. Which was bound to become an extremely painful experience, as the elbow cannot be hardened against impact the same way one's fists, forearms and shins can.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

The kick comes in and due to a quick shift in position (instincts on Jiro's part) manages to miss by a hair's breadth as Jiro performs a full spin to try and slam his foot into Kazuma's unprotected side. It was pure reflexes on Jiro's part but it was close. It was only Tachi-chan's warning on the fact that Kazuma knows how he fights that gave him enough awareness to actually switch tactics however subconsciously.

In Jiro's head is contemplates how he would have never had the clarity of mind to pull that kind of move before. It looks like Tachi-chan forcing him to meditate at least an hour a day may have some merit after all. Tachi-chan meanwhile is waiting for Jiro to take up her chains again.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Unprotected side?

What unprotected side?

With a flick of his wrist, Kazuma's Gantou comes slamming sideways onto Jiro's foot almost in perfect tandem. The chains wrapped around the weapon almost make it into a sort of improvised flail to boot. But Kazuma's counter does not end there.

His foot didn't complete the sweep. Instead, as it missed its target, it planted on the ground. With the aid of his curled-up left leg, Kazuma threw his weight forward, shoulder slamming towards Jiro's chest.

And yet that wasn't the end either. As he shifted forward, the 7th seat dragged the sword forward into an upwards sweeping motion. Nothing Jiro couldn't handle if he managed to dodge backwards from his admittedly precarious, unbalanced position...

...if not for the shockwave that followed.

"Hiryuu Isshiki: Reppuu Shougekiha!"

With those words, the sweep turned into a gale that shot upwards, possibly carrying Jiro's body with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hiryuu Isshiki: Flying Dragon First Method
    Reppuu Shougekiha: Gale Shockwave

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT TECHNIQUE! He certainly hadn't remembered Kazuma knowing a technique like that. He is thrown up into the air just like Kazuma predicted. As he shoots upward he catches something out of the corner of his eye. He reaches out with his hand to grab the length of chain that he had dropped before that had been picked up by the gale force winds as well, leaving him hanging in the air with the wind eyes nearly closed from the force of the wind. Thrusting his other arm forward he speaks the phrase that could buy him some time. "Hado #1: Byakurai!"

His finger extends while he is in the air and he sends a powerful bolt of lighting at Kazuma from above. While he is doing that he is steadily trying to unravel the chains that are surrounding Kazuma's Gantou.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

"Hiryuu Gyaku Nisshiki: Shinkuu Ressenga."

Jiro has good news and bad news.

The good news is that his kusari-gama has been forcibly untangled by Kazuma himself as he viciously spun his sword in one hand.

The bad news? That spinning just created a huge vortex that reverses the gale that had just thrown him into the air.

As for the lightning, it was bounced harmlessly off the sword, thanks to the fact that it, you know, breaks down spirit particles and whatnot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hiryuu Gyaku Nisshiki: Flying Dragon Reverse Second Method
    Shinkuu Ressenga: Vaccuum Fierce Flash Fang
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-10-19 at 05:14 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(What about the lightning?)
    Jiro

Jiro is violently pulled back as he feels the winds whipping at him again. He knows that soon it will only be a matter of time before they start to cut him. As he starts falling Tachi-chan speaks up, "Now's your chance Jiro! The winds are flowing towards Kazuma and they are doing it at a much faster rate. It's time to deliver a surprise of our own." Jiro's eyes harden as he starts spinning in the air rolling into a ball to gather momentum. As he comes down towards Kazuma he thinks to himself ''Okay here goes something!' As he comes into range he tries to stick out his leg to slam into Kazuma, his momentum translating into force.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

"Ho? Guess you have an idea how to use a bad situation in your own favor. Unfortunately...

I did this for a reason."

As Jiro started gaining speed, Kazuma quickly halted his sword. The winds did not follow suit, however, and continued to drag Jiro along.

With a burst of short-range shunpou, Kazuma spun in place. The sword described a beautiful, circular arc above his head, a pressure forming around it as it swooped with incredible force.

Visually speaking, though, it looked a lot like a huge stone flyswatter at this point.

"Houken Jokushiki: Busseikou."

Spoiler
    Show
    Houken Jokushiki: Cannon Sword Humiliation Method
    Busseikou: Buddha's Righteous Slap

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

He experiences the slap of cold hard steel as the flat side of the sword slams into him. He experiences great pain as he is hurtled away. However as this happens Jiro attempts to stealthily wrap part of Tachi-chan's chain around Kazuma's foot seeing as he is preoccupied with his attack on Jiro. In his mind Jiro is mentally counting down the time until he activates shikai and has to change his game as Kazuma might activate his as well.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

How Jiro can experience the smack of cold hard steel remains an enigma since Kazuma's Gantou is made of rock.

"...real life isn't a shounen manga, kid." Kazuma replies as he kicks up the chain when Jiro tries to wrap it around his foot. He then buries the rock-sword hard into the ground with the chain wrapped around it, though his grip on the hilt never wanes.

"Are you about done? We've only been at this for a minute and I've already tossed you around like a rag doll twice already. You're lucky I'm not aiming to kill you or your internal organs would be pancakes after that last hit - if I didn't cut you outright.

Don't tell me you didn't realize at least that much."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

Jiro stands up from the ground slowly as he holds on to Tachi-chan's chain. "You know, I am getting really tired of your mouth. If your going to fight then fight. I'm not interested in your put downs or so called lessons. You can talk all you want, but the fact of the matter is that I'm not aiming to kill either. So don't act like your the only damn one holding back! Now lets fight! Bakudo #22 Sekienton!" A red smoke covers the battle field to obscure vision. Jiro having memorized Kazuma's position uses shunpo as he silently speeds towards Kazuma's side and tries to punch him, once more using his Lethal Injection technique.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-19 at 07:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma audibly sighs. "Awwww, and here I expected you to be fighting just a little more seriously."

How many times does he think I've been hit by smokescreens?

Now that was weird. Kazuma didn't even try to get away from the smoke. In fact, he didn't look surprised about the smoke at all.

Come to think of it, his really aggressive style wasn't showing through either. Thus far his only offensive actions had been counters.

All considerations that Jiro could have made by this point if he weren't trying so hard.

Kazuma's foot flies towards Jiro's face through the smoke, and the spinning motion has him dodge the punch.

"Your idea of feinting is laughable."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(Just to know before I have Jiro pull it out was it okay to use Shikai in this battle?)

The foot slams into Jiro's face halting his attack. However to Kazuma's surprise he doesn't go flying instead he almost foolishly stands his ground, his leg muscles straining heavily for taking the full brunt of the attack instead of rolling with the force. His arm the shoots up with lighting speed to try to grab onto the offending appendage. He then points his other finger at Kazuma again. "Hado #4 Byakurai!!" Once again a large bolt of lightning, only this time it's point blank.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-19 at 07:42 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

(OOC: No, it's not a good idea. Shikai isn't supposed to be released within Soul Society limits without clearance. I think only fairly high-seated officers have permission to release without permission, and even so only for training and sparring purposes. This is technically a non-lethal duel, so...)

THAT was a really bad idea.

Kazuma takes a short, one-legged leap, bending his knee as Jiro grasps his foot. Then, with a one-legged burst of Shunpou, he spins around using his grasped foot as an axis, ending with him slamming the foot down with renewed force towards Jiro's face. It is entirely possible that with the force applied, Jiro himself had been lifted off and slammed against the ground.

The rather unusual movement helps Kazuma dodge the lightning bolt once more.

"Houken: Kakato Otoshi-guruma."

Spoiler
    Show
    Houken: Kakato Otoshi-guruma - Cannon Fist: Heel Drop Wheel

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(??? Ooookaayyyy?)

Jiro

THE HECK WAS THAT! The fact that Jiro was point blank should have at least had some effect, even Tachi-chan is confused by what just happened. Jiro slams into the ground rolling backward as he comes to his feet again slightly panting and looking scuffed up, a slight bruise starting to form on his face. He grits his teeth as he looks at Kazuma. This guy was seriously starting to bug him. He was using everything and he was not even acting like he was a challenge, he may not be on his level but landing a damn hit should not be this difficult. He glares silently at Kazuma as he uses shunpo to shoot toward Kazuma again a determined glint in his eye.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

(OOC: Remember the Soul Society arc? It wasn't until they blared this huge signal out that releasing Shikai within Seireitei was allowed. Apparently, releasing Shikai is tantamount to walking around with an unholstered weapon on hand and/or with the safety off in the military - it's considered a safety breach.)

"Naïve."

A simple step is all it takes for Kazuma to take the more advantageous position. His foot comes flying up towards Jiro's face once again.

At this point, after taking such hard blows to the head and midsection, Kazuma isn't surprised that his opponent is shooting forward. He's going with the only tactic he hasn't tried yet.

"Your intent is obvious even to a blind man. It's like you're shouting to me which way I should dodge."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(Oh yeah! I remember now. okay thx memories back now.)

Jiro

His face does not leave it's determined stare as Jiro purposefully waited for Kazuma to attack. It was his turn to counter attack. Jiro dodges the kick as he grabs Kazuma's leg. He then immediately without pause tries to swing Kazuma around and slam him into the ground. If that succeeds and stuns him he tries his Lethal Injection move once more with a punch to the face.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Not a bad move. Shame really, if he used his head a little more he could make a good fighter.

Jiro seemed to forget, not thirty seconds after he was hit by one such move, about Kazuma's technique. For a moment, it seemed like his throw would work... And then the 7th seat spun with a one-legged burst of shunpou once again, possibly lifting Jiro off the ground and slamming him down with great speed.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jiro

Jiro is lifted off the ground, but Kazuma was to cocky and impatient. Jiro wasn't going to throw, he was going to slam like him like a flail. After his rotation Jiro's grips suddenly tightens and he is lifted off the ground, with Kazuma in tow. Hoping to use Kazuma's surprise he emulates Kazuma by using a short burst of shunpo as well to try and slam Kazuma into the ground instead and end with a crashing punch to the face along with Lethal Injection (I know he seems like a one trick pony at this point but everything else has failed.)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

"Idiot. You really thought you could pull this off?"

Jiro only manages to shoot himself off of Kazuma's reach. Good thing too, from the way the 7th seat's foot smashed the ground where it landed. Apparently, gauging the necessary amount of reiryoku to put behind it is not something one can do from watching it done a few times.

"My Houken is not something you can copy that easily. It's not regular shunpou."

With that said, Kazuma slid both arms off his shihakusho.

"Your attempt to copy my technique was insulting. I will now show you why such light fists will never taste victory!"

Taking a deep, sighing breath, the 7th seat's fists described a short half-circle in the air before coming together as though in prayer.

And then... he unleashed his Reiatsu.

The air itself distorted and stretched in a thin circle outwards from Kazuma at the initial burst. Gale-force winds followed as he was surrounded by blood-red wisps of energy, muscles lightly aquiver with the flow of power.

"hooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!"

The killer intent, the sheer absurdity of the amount of Reiatsu released, the magnificence of his roar.

Everything was SCREAMING at Jiro for him to GTFO.

But it was too late.

Shunpou.

Next thing the 5th seat knew, his supposedly inferior opponent was at his side. Yet, his footwork quickly carried him to the front again, where he unleashed a barrage of punches too ferocious to describe.

All with his right hand.

"ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA TATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA WATAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

One hundred strikes in total, aimed at a variety of points in his body. The face seemed to be spared for the most part, but...

"Shichishisei Hyakuretsu Ken."

Spoiler
    Show
    Shichishisei Hyakuretsu Ken: Seven Death Stars Hundred Crack Fist.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(umm everything else was cool but when you bring fist of the north star in that;s where I have to say what the heck?)

Jiro

Jiro's spikes his Reiatsu as well. It spirals around him as he with a brilliant orange glow. He hadn't managed to connect with any of his lethal injection technique so he hadn't injected his Reiatsu into anything so he still had it all. The Reiatsu doesn't have the same fierceness to it but it is no less impressive. It was strong and raging, like a storm and Jiro was the eye. His face was the picture of focus and calm.

"Your not the only one who can flair his Reiatsu. LETS GO KAZUMA. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

He may be about to lose but he was going to get a hit in dammit! Jiro uses his shunpo to keep up with Kazuma. He sees the attack coming in and knows what he has to do. Kazuma starts hammering on Jiro's body as Jiro takes the punches he eyes seeming unfocused. On the last punch that is heading towards his face his eyes come alive as he catches the punch his arm and muscle bones straining against the powerful blow and grips it so tight that it will be very hard to get out. He then Punches at Kazuma's chest and tries to use Lethal Injections one more time inputting most of his flaring Reiatsu into the blow.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-10-20 at 05:55 AM.