Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 39

Temple of Cunningham
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [The Sacred Order of Cunningham]

Sophie nods solemnly.
    Hello, Pastor Ellen. There's something pretty important I need to tell you now that I'm a part of the Order.
    "Certainly. Go ahead."

Market Street B
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "That... would be a good idea. Yes. What should we talk about?"

"Well, I don't know... maybe why you're here, and why you drugged me and what you're scanning for and all that?"

Loch and Key
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Loch and Key

"Perhaps, but then I wouldn't have had a chance to use an offer of eating here without cost. Not with anyone as new and interesting as you seem to be anyway." She admits slightly before Xifra brings out the first course and leaves to oversee the second. "And there's a flaw in your logic as well." Jezebel says as she takes the first bite of the salad, sighing happily as her extremely enhanced taste-buds analyze all of the ingredients. "You're assuming that I care if I win or lose. To me, there isn't a goal in the game except the game itself."
    Xifra is completely silent and deferential when she serves, though the whispers of Cruelty are not. Feia will be able to hear them whenever Xifra is close. Xifra is not wearing either her natural 'ignore me' aura, or the inverted 'notice me' version she created. For now, she's simply a very attentive and silent waitress who happens to be carrying three very powerful artefacts on her person.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [

[Gray Zone]

Rot is hit in the head! He shrieks in pain as half his face is smashed and burnt away, and the impact slams him into the alley wall.

"Screw this."

Suddenly, the pale vampire shrinks down, and a large and evil looking gray rat cowers in his place. The burnt face is even uglier and terrible in rat form. Rot squeaks obscenely and then attempts to quickly scurry away into the shadows. Though he can't actually leave the alley, since reverting to a small form gets rid of the clothes that protected him from the sunlight.
    The trooper tries to fire his stake launcher at the rat as it scurries away. Anatolij tries to follow it right after that. The cleric rushes to disarm the bombs in the bag. He's not a sapper, but with Zefir's instructions it should be easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Temple of Cunningham

"Certainly. Go ahead."
    Well... I'm a Hunter. Like those our Order helped in Riverside. The difference is that I was Imbued before coming here rather than in the Nexus.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

[EE]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "Hello. I'm looking for something that would be good against a Remorhaz, a Barghest pack, or a pair of Fire Angels. Would you have anything that would be particularly useful?"
    Aeryn ponders that for a moment. "It sounds to me like you'll need something effective against fire, heat and shapeshifting creatures...I should have something here," she muses, flipping through a catalogue.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

[EE]

"And something effective against something that doesn't die until diced, that we want to capture."

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Cursed Street]

Burninating the crow monster!

FWOOOOOSH!

The thing finally keels over, burning away into a fine layer of black soot. Yay for beaten monster! Take that you stupid crow swarm thing!

Gene is still a crow. She'll still be a crow for a while. Rebo's d6 doesn't like her apparently. Given how long she'll end up being a bird (several more minutes at least) and the fact that she failed her will-save to resist the call to join the flock there may be some... side effects from the curse...

Oh noes!

Eventually she'll poof back to her human shape in a cloud of black feathers. Several will probably still be stuck on her.

Amil eyes her cautiously. "...are you alright?"
    [Cursed Street]

Genevieve now has an irrational hatred of D6s. Whoo! The witch is suddenly human again. Thank goodness for that. Being a crow was getting to be awkward.

She spits a feather out of her mouth. "I think so... I feel fine at least." She starts brushing off her dress then pauses. With wide eyes she lifts up her skirt just enough to reveal her feet. Instead of normal human feet like you'd expect there to be, she has feet that looks suspiciously like those of a crow. "Uh..." The witch is shocked by the change to say the very least.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [EE]

"And something effective against something that doesn't die until diced, that we want to capture."
    "Hm. A stunning blade, then?" Aeryn suggests, looking up frm her catalogue. "One that will render an enemy unconsious when struck?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

[EE]

"That might work. I don't know, really. Do you have any experience with Chaos beasts?"

8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Cursed Street]

And so the Nexus claims another victim with its weirdness. This is about the time someone might make a crack about Gene starting to show her age with the crow's feet and all. But Amil isn't that kind of someone.

Though she does stare at the bird-feet Gene has acquired.

"That's..."
    she rubs the back of her head awkwardly. "It... Umm... It might be a curse? Something that can be removed?"

That's the most comforting thing she can think of as she cautiously scans her surroundings again. "Regardless I think we both need to get out of her," Amil adds as she picks the last few feathers out of her hair. "Before we get added to the street's population permanently."

That would be awful.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cursed Street]

Genevieve just sort of stares at her feet for moment longer. "Yeah. A curse. I can probably just get them changed back. Let's go. The witch drops her skirt back over her feet and will begin walking when Amil does. It's definitely awkward for her to walk, but she seems to be getting the hang of it.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alley with Clarissa]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Alley with Clarissa

It isn't Yuan's first time like this, except with an Ooze, so at least there's something new. However, it's hard to find people to do things so fully here, so it's obvious that he enjoys the experience. When he's spit back out, he lacks the flames of before, and lands on his long tail with a smirk. After a moment, he pulls out a pack of smokes and lights one up for himself, offering her another.

Not like it'd hurt her.

Clarissa, never having smoked before, peers at the cigarette with an obvious air of curiosity. Yuan is holding one of those cylindrical wads of paper stuffed with some sort of dried plant and has lit in on fire. Why? Is this some sort of weird ceremony of sorts? A cultural ritual perhaps? Yuan doesn't seem to be even slightly interested in murdering Clarissa anymore. Not right now or from her perspective, anyway. Clarissa guardedly accepts Yuan's offering of a single cig and stares at it blankly, entirely unsure of how to make use of the thing. She resolves to attempt to hold a friendly conversation with him instead.

"I take it that you prey on humans too, huh? I guess its not as uncommon a practice here as I was originally led to believe. Name's Clarissa. Nice mask, by the way. Isn't out of place at all 'round these parts."

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

[Wolfy's Place]

Reelshka arrives here, wearing a loose-fitting blouse and trousers like Wolfy advised her to. She's feeling slightly nervous.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #342

[Cursed Street]

Because that sort of thing isn't permanent, right? The whole getting turned into a bird bit totally wore off. Maybe the crow's feet will too?

Amil hurries along, looking for the nearest Riftline station and sure enough due to the weird nature of the Nexus there's one just around the corner!

Of course it's a spooky train station.

The sort with just one flickering lamp and way too much stage fog.

Amil shivers a bit as she hurries up onto the platform and offers a hand to help Gene. Has the feeling the new feet will make navigating stairs a bit fiddly. It had taken Amil a while to get use to the Tyranid hooves after all.

"C'mon. This will get us safely out of here. I was heading over to Mallside when I got waylaid. Do you want to come along too?"

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cursed Street]

Genevieve appreciates the help, as is evident by her thanks. Stairs are difficult, yes. She's a bit more wary of the street than she had been before. Getting cursed will do that.

"Yeah, sure. Anything to get away from this place." The witch replies. She casts a look back over her shoulder.

14. - Top - End - #344

[Cursed Street ==> Riftline]

It's all fun and games until you nearly get turned into a bird for the rest of your life. Gene is very fortunate! If not for her friends holding her back she would have joined the flock. And then she would have been lost forever.

And that would be terrible.

Within about five minutes the riftline train will arrive and Amil steps on board! Never in all her life has she been so relieved to see public transportation.

Yaay!

She slips past several shady looking people getting off on cursed street and quickly slides into a seat with a rather deep sigh.

"Hoo... That is not the sort of place you want to visit without preparation."

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftline]

Genevieve seats herself across from Amil. "You can say that again." She looks down at her bird feet and wiggles her toes.

Jenkins meanwhile flies around the ceiling a couple times before landing in the witch's hat. He squeaks at Amil.

16. - Top - End - #346

[Riftline]

Wiggly toes!

And Amil gives the bat an odd look. Seems she doesn't understand the squeaking. While Amil might know a few of the more common languages found in the Nexus 'bat' isn't one of them.

Not even sure if bat counts as a language or not...

*ahem*

Anywho!

"So what were you doing in that creepy place, anyway? I just got turned around in the Market and ended up stumbling upon it."

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftline]

Jenkins squeaks again. He might be saying hi. Hard to tell. His player doesn't speak bat either.

"I was just exploring and found it. I thought it might be cool to see." Biy was she wrong. Crow feet are not fun people.

18. - Top - End - #348

[Riftline]

Well.

That could potentially lead to some real problems when it comes to figuring out what the silly bat is saying! Despite being uncertain Amil waves at the bat tentatively.

"So... uhh..." she begins somewhat uncomfortably. "You aren't... You aren't a witch are you?"

The tone Amil is using is more or less akin to the tone one might use when asking a question like 'you aren't going to eat me are you?'

Which might seem kind of odd, all things considered.

They had just worked together to save each other's life. And Amil seems more like the sort that would eat people anyway.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftline]

"Yeah, I am." Genevieve replies cheerfully. "Well, a witch in training actually, but close enough. Why do you ask?" She questions.

20. - Top - End - #350

[Riftline]

Amil takes a deep breath before offering a rather nervous grin. "Well... Heh... Back where I'm from a witch or a warlock is a person who worships Azazel, the King of Terror."

A beat.

"He's exactly as bad as he sounds. It took me a while to realize that not everything works like it did back home. But... well... Old habits die hard. Some things still kinda put me on edge."

Like witches, apparently.

Other things too. Like undead and were-beasts.

But mostly witches.

Gene might notice that Amil is fiddling with her prayer beads.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftline]

"...Huh." Genevieve tilts her head, her feet forgotten for the time being. "Well I don't know anything about any King of Terror. I was just born with the ability to use magic." She explains.

Silly different worlds and differences between them. Those always confuse people.

22. - Top - End - #352

[Riftline]

Sometimes they result in people getting violence'd at. One of the downsides to the Nexus, really.

"Born with it...? Really?" Amil replies. If she had a nose she would totally be wrinkling it right now. But she can't make noses for the life of her. Just one of those things. "Huh... And you're still called a witch?"

She shakes her head.

"It's so confusing sometimes. It would be nice if all the different realities all used the some terms," then offers a sheepish grin. "But I guess that's a bit too much to ask, huh? I noticed you were throwing around fire and little balls of light and all sorts of stuff. Witches back home don't do anything like that. All of their witch-craft is more... subtle. Like making people sick. Or causing animals to die. Or machines to break down."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-09-16 at 08:01 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Market Street A

Um...not much else, really. Not that I know of, anyway.
    The female nods, thanks her, and moves off to find her counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Market Street B

"Well, I don't know... maybe why you're here, and why you drugged me and what you're scanning for and all that?"
    "Oh! We are on this planet to [exchange?] information! We wish to learn about this place, and give you [information?] on our planet and ways in exchange. We are currently working on how to [succeed?] on that second part. We think it may be necessary to [acquire?] a large [storage] and upload the info on that, so it can be accessed when [NO TRANSLATION]."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2011-09-16 at 09:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Bugbear in the Playground

Market Street A

Alysha will wave goodbye to Jerry.

She thinks about how Lorraine acted earlier.

why would she act like that? Hm...maybe I scared her. Could be. I should go apologize to her.

Alysha gives herself a nod, then sets off into the crowd to find Lorraine again.

She'll just follow Jerry.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftline]

"That's sorta boring. I mean, we can probably do things like that too, but where's the fun in that?" Genevieve has much to learn clearly. "But I guess we're just different."

26. - Top - End - #356

[Riftline ==> Mallside]

"It makes it a lot harder to figure out who's cursing you, that's for sure,"
    Amil replies with a sigh. "Though if you're pious enough then a witch's magic shouldn't be able to work on you."

Only problem being that it's rather difficult to tell if one is pious enough or not. Which is why charms and wards are so popular to keep witches and other monsters at bay!

Rawr!

The train comes to a smooth stop at the mall!

Amil smiles a small smile and rises to her feet. Rises to her feet and heads to the Mall! "If you haven't been here before I think you'll be in for a real treat. This place is quite impressive."

27. - Top - End - #357

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [[In the Muddy Street Outside of Lester's Saloon]

Percilia-prime attempts to swiftly remove the scroll from the range of Mister C's abnormally long tongue.

"DEADLY CHEMICALS! Do not lick!"

Yeah. The chemicals in which the markings on the scroll are written are extremely poisonous. Licking the scroll might not be such a good idea. It looks like Mister C is going to have to either find another way to prep the scroll for deciphering or convince Percilia-prime that he is resistant to poisons for some reason.

Dying Members = Bad
    [[In the Muddy Street with the three dead burglars Outside of Lester's Saloon]

Well I wrote it up so you know what he thought about it. that way you could tell me if it works.

"Poison? Oh damn why do such things allways happen? But that's not bad after all. Maybe we could use an antidit which reveals the poison and the text."

Mr. C thinks a bit ...

"Where do you know it's poisoned?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #358
    Pixie in the Playground

[In the Muddy Street Outside Lester's Saloon with a Peculiar Scroll and Mister C]

"The writing is invisible and the scroll is old. Do you really want to take that chance?"

Percilia inquires with just a bit of scorn in her voice as she points at the burned edge of the scroll.

There has got to be an easier way to go about this!

29. - Top - End - #359

[In the Muddy Street Outside Lester's Saloon with a Peculiar Scroll and Mister C and the three dead guys]

"Well I'm no mage so we would need someone who can do that or we follow my plan."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #360
    Pixie in the Playground

[In the Muddy Street Outside of Lester's Saloon and All That Jazz]

Percilia is thoroughly frustrated now! She narrowly avoids facepalming with her hand that Mister C isn't in!

"A corner of the scroll is burned. What significance does that have?"

Percilia really should have been a mentalist, not a guild leader.