New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 39

LoH Hospital

Ah, right. Physically, the only real problem with Susan now is muscular atrophy, which over the next few weeks will improve.

Mentally... well, she doesn't start to move into the stages of grief. If Nurse Boyd works on it, Susan will, eventually, reveal that she feels an emotional... disconnect... with her life before the coma. She remembers what she did before, she just can't attach any emotions to them.

Also, the lines will be mentioned. As in, she can see lines on everything. Walls, plants, Nurse Boyd, her own body...
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-09-26 at 08:07 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #602
    Troll in the Playground

LoH Hospital

Nurse Boyd won't push further, but will suggest she visit the SHRINK practice when she's released from the hospital.

Dr Newman will run lots of tests on her eyes and visual cortex and such.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

LoH Hospital

Unless the scans can detect mystical stuff, they won't pick up anything.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

LoH Hospital

Being an NPC hospital, they can't. It's chalked up as "Visual cortex damage, Not Otherwise Specified".

Unless anything remarkable happens, she'll be discharged whenever she feels healthy enough.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

LoH Hospital

Well, she'll probably want to stay for a bit...

After a couple of days, she tries to trace one of the lines on a jar. Just with her fingernail.

Imagine her surprise when the jar falls apart when she does so. Or rather, breaks in two cleanly where she traced it.

The noise of it falling might attract attention, though...

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Troll in the Playground

LoH Hospital

(This is a rare high-energy day for me, HG. This is my last post of the night, and I'm unlikely to have the energy to do npcs tomorrow, so it'd be best for you to get her out into the world to interact with PCs. )

Dr Newman and Nurse Boyd are flirting again, and don't notice the noise. Looks like Susan is on her own.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Loh Hospital

In that case, after a few days, Susan will check out of the hospital!

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Red Zone

"BLOOOODPLUUUNDEEER!" An elderly lady is running towards What, swinging a large, spiked ball chained to a stout haft above her head. She's wearing a floral-patterned dress, a pink hand-knitted cardigan and sensible shoes. She's rather short, and it's clear where she's coming from. If What doesn't react and gets hit by the flail, it will likely do quite a lot of damage.
    Red Zone Alley

There isn't an awful lot that can provoke any sort of an emotional reaction out of What, for reasons that should be pretty clear to anyone who so much as looks at him. Even when he does feel things, it's not exactly easy to tell, what with the lack of face and everything.

However, just going by his stance and the way his pumpkin head tilts to one idea, I'm pretty sure it something just crossed his mind, and I'm fairly certain it was something along the lines of "What in the hell...Are you ******* kidding me?" What was looking for a fight, but it might as well be a puppy lunging at him for all he cares right now.

He sidesteps the flail almost absentmindedly, quickly reaching into his coat to produce a new weapon. Hrm...does he want to go with the pointy shattered light bulb, the pointy shattered wine bottle?

...Ah, hell with it, let's go with both! What braces a shoulder against the left side of the alley, waiting for Bloodplunder to swing again and give him an opening. Nope, not even crazy old ladies will be spared his wrath this evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    After about three more minutes, a voice rings out, hollow and scratchy, like a recording of an echo, intermingled with static. "Welll? Why are you standing around outside my door like an ornamental aardvark? Come in already, so we can speak." With that, the great door swings open, revealing the room beyond.

It superficially resembles a cozy study, a fireplace in one corner, bookshelves packed full of leatherbound tomes lining the walls, a stuffed alligator hanging from the ceiling... Except, the room is enormous. From the door to the opposite wall, it must be at least fifty feet, the ceiling so far overhead it can barely be seen. In the center of the room sits a stately oak desk, covered in papers and knick-knacks, the normal sized furniture out of place in the gigantic room, especially in contrast to the monolithic grandfather clock, a tower of wood and ticking gears, situated against the wall directly behind the desk.

Sitting behind the desk is a comfortable old armchair, and in said chair is sprawled a shadowy figure, his face completely obscured by a cloud of darkness that hovers about him.
    [Scarlet Manor]

"My apologies," says Kal as he walks into the room, giving the shadowy figure his customarily mischievious grin as he 'admires' the room.
    "Your man never told me to come in."
    In his head, he's still counting. Resetted as soon as he walked through the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Bugbear in the Playground

Scarlet Manor

"Ah, yes, sorry about that. He wouldn't tie his own shoes without instructions in triplicate." The shadowy figure says, his voice seeming to emenate from every wall, from the floor, from the grandfather clock, still faintly scratchy and distorted sounding. Waving a hand, he conjures a decanter of vintage brandy and two crystal glasses onto the desk. "Do you drink?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-09-27 at 11:17 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Orc in the Playground

Red Zone Alley

There's not much of a gap between swings, but there's an opening if What wants it. If so, though, he'd best be quick or he won't get out again after striking. This crazy old lady has a weapon she's very familiar with and is extremely skilled in its use.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

[Delmah Phor]

Months ago, during the last major shift in the Nexus government, a group of Drow were allowed passage into the city, in return for providing supplies and manpower for the rebuilt government. Since then, drow soldiers have patrolled the streets, visible and uniformed, keeping the peace, often times through the simple application of intimidation. There were rumors, though, of drow who would slip out into the night, hidden and secret, to take care of more... tricky situations. There was no evidence for this, of course, only whispers in the back alleys of the city. Still, it had an impact, and the common criminals of the Nexus were certainly more reluctant to act.

These drow, who had migrated to the ever turbulent Nexus, had recognized their need to rely upon one another, far more so than they would have back in their native Underdark. As such, when they settled, they chose to live close to one another. The neighborhood they had chosen was largely deserted and run-down, a part of the city few chose to live in, and which had little influence or interference from the ruling bodies of the Nexus. By their reasoning, they would bring stability to the area without displacing anyone. Also it would keep them isolated from anyone who might harbor prejudice against their race.

It also kept their society somewhat closed and secret. This fostered even more rumors. Just what were they all doing here? What were they planning? You know those drow. They couldn't be trusted. Despite their claims of doing good, you knew they were up to something.

The neighborhood had changed over the past few months. It had become darker. The buildings, most reconstructed from the shells of those left behind, were tall and looming, casting deep shadows on the streets below, even at mid-day. The architecture had a style all its own, the newest construction seemingly moulded out of living rock. Varieties of overgrown mushrooms were cultivated along the endge of boulevards to create even more shade, some even sprouted from the sides of buildings forming semicircular awnings. Some of the buildings, mostly those of more conventional construction, were painted in muted earth tones. Rusty reds, muddy browns, a very rare splash of chalky blue. To normal eyes, the dark tones were hardly discernable in the shadows of the neighborhood, but under darkvision, they were truly vibrant works of art. Some buildings flew banners, most prominent the blue and gold of House Xar'Cha, but other sigils also had their place.

Strangers are looked on with suspicion, here. Be careful, traveler, if you choose to walk these dark streets.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by iElf View Post
    "a spell...ve never used magic at home...it was considered a black art..."
    "Odd. Of course, we might not be talking about the same kind of magic, given that you're clearly not from my world."

14. - Top - End - #614
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Market Street - Whitherbottom Castle]

Floating arrows which only a certain griffon can see will lead him through the winding back passages of Market Street and to the gates of a towering castle made of rusting iron. It's an imposing sight to say the least. A castle made completely of iron spikes and towers and walls.

Patrolling the towers and walls and gates are short, disgusting looking toad-like creatures. Slimy and covered in warts, looking like nothing more than a massive bulbous head with three arms and three eyes and three legs. Each clutches at least one cruel iron weapon in its greasy fingers.

Finding one's way here unless on a quest is quite impossible. Just one of those weird Nexus things no doubt.

Do hurry, good griffon.

There's no telling how long Princess Qwerty will be able to last.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

[Blue Zone]

A young woman with long, raven black hair arrives at the address she was given in Azik's. Hopefully, this wizard would be more helpful than that venture had been.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blue Zone]

Unfortunately, when the young woman arrives, she'll find a sign hanging from the doorknob. It says, "The Wizard is Out."

Terrible luck for her, really. Despite this, the door is ajar.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

[Blue Zone]

Darn. That was unfortunate... but the door was open. The young lady thinks about it for a moment. Well, at the very least, it wouldn't hurt to wait inside. She steps inside, looking around curiously.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blue Zone - Wizard's House]

Inside, the woman will find herself standing in a cluttered home, with books and stacks of paper and odd little statues everywhere. It seems like quite the interesting little place, if she takes the time to look at it. However, she may feel a growing sense of unease.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

[Blue Zone -Wizards House]

The girl is quite interested in all that she sees, but the sens of unease arrests her inquisitive desires. She looks around nervously, smoothing out her skirt, listening. "Hello? Is anyone here?"

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

There's no response, beyond the the silence of the house. The sense of unease increases very slowly, but noticeably the longer she spends inside

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

"Geez, what's up with that?" She crosses her arms, the motion supposed to be a bit stern, but she mostly end sup lightly hugging herself. "Hope he gets back soon." She takes a step towards the door, wandering if she should leave.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wolfy's Dance Studio]

Reelshka will dance with Wolfy, much less awkward than yesterday. She's not sure why she feels so good and not tired at all, but she doesn't think about it too much. And she does love the tango. Much more... spicy than anything danced down in the goblin colonies.
    Wolfy's Dance Studio

Reelshka probably won't realize it, but time flies as the pair dance. Since she won't feel tired, the only chance she'll have to realize how much time they've spent, as there's no clocks, is when the light outside turns to darkness.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

The uneasiness grows, of course. Also, if the woman scans the shelves a bit, she'll find a text labelled "Complex forms for the beginner." Perhaps this is what she was looking for here anyways?

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

That was what she was here for - but she couldn't just take it. She walks over and runs her fingers along the spine. The place was creeping her out. She wished that darn Wizard would get back. Idly, she takes the book from the shelf and opens it, going to the first chapter.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-09-27 at 09:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

The book contains simple formulae for magical spells. strictly low leverl stuff, and only the basis of spells for an aspiring mage to work out and make her own, but definitely a very valuable material for a beginner.

The Uneasiness increases. it may begin developing into fear anytime now.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground

The young woman snaps the book shut. That's it, she's getting out of here. It just felt... weird in here. She stuffs the book back onto the shelf and tries to head out of the front door.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

Nothing will stop her from leaving, and as soon as she exits the house, the feeling of anxiety and unease will completely disappear. It must have been something magical about the house.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

That was just weird. When she thinks about it, she realizes that it seems likely that there was some kind of spell on the Wizard's house causing it. She doesn't really care that much, though; she's just wondering where that darn wizard went.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Wolfy's Dance Studio

Reelshka probably won't realize it, but time flies as the pair dance. Since she won't feel tired, the only chance she'll have to realize how much time they've spent, as there's no clocks, is when the light outside turns to darkness.
    Eventually, she does peer through the window and notices that it got dark. Oh dear. It's dark already? I had no idea so much tiem had passed.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Grey Zone Park

The bee pirates advance slowly, snarling, buzzing, and YARRing, waving their swords about menacingly at the trio, hoping to scare them off...
    That's a good number of cyborg bee pirates, there...
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Grey Zone Park

Syra sighs.

Cyborg pirate bees...this place...

She'll look to the people with her.

Well? Ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Grey Zone Park

The scorpion hit his pincers against each other.

"As allways."
    Talina digs into her pouch with one hand, and pulls out several bags, which she levitates with the feather she's holding.

She nods.

"Ready."