New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 39

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [One-Eyed Pete's Hideout]

Justin steals several pins.

The Fiend!

Though it doesn't look like there are any keys or combinations to be found near the desk. One-Eyed Pete must have the combination to the safe memorized? That makes breaking into said safe a little more difficult.
    Not a Fiend, a lovable rogue.

And like every good lovable rogue, he checks up and down and all around the safe for traps. He doesn't really know why though, these guys don't seem nearly smart enough to lay a trap. Once again, too easy leads to Paranoia.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #752
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Yellow Zone Alley
    John frowns.
    "Well, you're just a barrel of fun."
    And then all of those thousands of M&Ms explode into fireballs.
    It turns out that they were Delayed Fireballs that taste like M&Ms.
    Chez, being a mary sue, is hardly hurt, though his fur is greatly singed.
    "okay, what was that about? Greatly delayed Revenge?"

3. - Top - End - #753

Yellow Zone Alley
    Never knew that a Mary Sue could soak up over 3000d6 damage.
    "Boredom actually."
    He laughs and chains go to wrap around Chez's arms and legs and pull taut.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #754
    Banned

"another bored psychopathic killer. This could be fun..." Chez growls. Having his paws bound could be a problem, however...

5. - Top - End - #755

Yellow Zone Alley
    John grins.
    This would be fun.
    The holes in the cage close up except for the ones on the top. Water then begins to pour in until it fills to the top and the top holes close.
    "Let's see if you can escape that!"
    ((Feel free to bring in any servants of Chez))
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #756

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    She tucks the scrolls into her robes, and says "Thanks. Do you know where I could find Inkflower extract and powdered Nightwing?"
    The merchant directs her to a stall in the next aisle over, then tries to convince a gnome that he needs a scroll to protect his house from the undead.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

7. - Top - End - #757
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Underbed

A small, yellow light drifts past Kyinde and the Demon Queen, humming softly.
    Oddly enough, IT'S NOT A TRAP!
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Underbed

Demon Queen, still in her demonic form, watches the light cautiously, ready to move if needed. She bares her teeth at it, a low growl in her throat.
    Kyinde sniffed at the light as it came close. "Funny thing about mysterious lights. They don't really smell like much." She watched it carefully, ready to follow it if it moved away.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    The merchant directs her to a stall in the next aisle over, then tries to convince a gnome that he needs a scroll to protect his house from the undead.
    She thanks him, and proceeds to that aisle, where she begins looking for them once more.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Halfling in the Playground

Red Zone - Alleyway

As Mania steps closer, Naitiri decides for herself: she definitely can't. Not because it's illegal, but because she's not really sure what's going on. It seemed obvious, but... just not clear-cut enough to start shooting. A mugger maybe, but even then, she'd still feel a lot of remorse.

Nait cringes away, and gives a reply her sister would approve of. "Hell no."

Near Masks

Xifra, I wanna make up for how stupid I've been. I've seen how the temple works. They send out patrols and feed the homeless. Whatever you mean, it can't be that bad.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-10-04 at 09:37 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #760
    Pixie in the Playground

[Red Zone - Alleyway]

The dejected, friendless little girl starts to cry! Poor child! All she wanted was a friend!

Mania stares at Naitiri blankly for a moment before intentionally letting her patchwork rabbit slip from her grasp. It impacts the ground with much more force than a stuffed bunny has any right to have. Naitiri might notice the spilled blood splattered upon the ground inexplicably cascading toward the toy. Once the flow contacts the stuffed animal, the blood seems to be sucked into the rabbit, effectively diffusing into it. The rabbit begins to push outward, its size increasing exponentially as it absorbs the crimson puddle.

"I'm sorry, but it doesn't look like you have much of a say right now. You'll play whether you want to or not."

That bunny is going to metamorphose into a grotesque, grizzled nightmare-creature, isn't it?!

11. - Top - End - #761

Red Zone - Alleyway

Now a big bunny-monster she can shoot.

Unfortunately, Naitiri has no intention of that. She spins and makes a break for it.

She's wearing heels. The neon-haired woman realizes this too late and stumbles, losing one shoe in the process. She chances a look over her shoulder and kicks off her other one quickly. Cursing her own stupidity, Naitiri takes off down the street.

And though she feels like an idiot, Nait can't help but regret the loss of those shoes. Damned expensive, they are.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-10-04 at 10:15 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #762
    Pixie in the Playground

[Red Zone - Alleyway]

Mania merely watches Naitiri retreat wearing a glum, vaguely disappointed expression. That's the second person she'd scared off today. Her parents weren't going to be happy with that. No sir.

Strange. Mania grimaces and glances at her arms when that troubling thought pops into her head.

How are her arms connected to her parents' unhappiness? Oh well. Wading to the mouth of that river isn't on today's agenda. Another time, perhaps.

Anyway, Mania will stroll on over to Naitiri's scattered papers and begin picking them up off the ground and sorting through them. She is obviously attempting to scan the documents in order to glean intelligence on Naitiri's home or place of business from it. After that brief study session has come to its close, Mania will gather Naitiri's heels and vanish, turning to ash being carried away in a sudden, blustery gust of wind.

If Mania was able to conclude where Naitiri might live or conduct her business from the abandoned forms, Naitiri might find the wrinkled forms and shined heels waiting for her return on a doorstep just outside of this location.

Creepy!

Mania took her giant patchwork bunny with her when she departed. She did leave two corpses behind for anyone to randomly stumble upon, though.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-10-04 at 10:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763

Red Zone - Streets

The files do indeed contain a connection to her place of business. Provided her powers can cross universal barriers, Mania may well place the shoes and files beside her apartment door. More on that later.

For the moment, Naitiri runs. And runs, and runs. Dead children... oh dear. That would have a profound affect on just about anyone. Nait's a bit hardier than Fettina, so she isn't upset, but she's sickened and scared.

Anyone may well spot the neon-haired woman meandering through the streets, stocking'd feet lacking footwear. She's visibly terrified, exhausted, and out of breath.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #764
    Bugbear in the Playground

Underbed

A small, yellow light drifts past Kyinde and the Demon Queen, humming softly.
    Oddly enough, IT'S NOT A TRAP!

Grey Zone Park BEES BEES BEES!

The crowd of bee pirates parts to allow a much taller cyborg bee pirate through. She's taller, more menacing, and all around better looking.
    And the hat denotes that she's obviously the captain.

"What be yer business here?"
    Grey Zone Park BEES BEES BEES!

The scorpion keeps walking on his place his string sometimes moving and his claws going forward like ehe slashes an invisible enemy.

"Explore"
    "And"
    "beat enemys"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Near Masks

Xifra, I wanna make up for how stupid I've been. I've seen how the temple works. They send out patrols and feed the homeless. Whatever you mean, it can't be that bad.
    Xifra has gone as far as she dares. She'll have to trust to The Lady to keep the less savoury aspects of the temple from Jack's observation. She steps closer to try and give Jack a quick peck on the lips. "I'm only worried you'll lose your temper again. You and Juan didn't exactly get along."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

[Yellow Dog - Six Dollar Saloon]

"That sounds like a real problem. I'm looking for someone who goes by the name Doctor Arlington and I was told that I could find him here,"
    Amil replies, gesturing at the nearby saloon. "He's been causing some trouble of late for other parts of the Nexus."

Making lots of were-critters is very troubling.

Especially since being a were-critter is often contagious.

Most people probably don't like the idea of being turned into a were-(fill in the blank) after all.

"I don't suppose he's in there?"

Maybe part of the gang?

The sheriff snorts. "He's in there, all right; the Butchers took him as a hostage, until the lynch mob showed up lookin' for him. After that, they figured they wouldn't get much by threatening to shoot him. So then they holed up in there, and we've been in a standoff since. Only, a bunch of my posse just quit. So we need to move fast, before they realize the net has holes in it and bolt." He looks her over in an appraising manner. "We could use another gun to take on these varmits."

17. - Top - End - #767

Hmm...

The safe doesn't appear to be trapped in any way.

In fact, the safe is unlocked! Wow... This is starting to smell more and more like some kind of elaborate set up, isn't it? There's no way it should be this easy. Hiding inside a cardboard box? Apparently blind thugs? No one in the office? All the pens he can steal?

What madness is this!

Should the safe be opened Justin will find nothing inside it.

Oh...

Maybe that's why it was unlocked.

Well. It looks like Amil has been drafted as a tough hombre. Wonder why most of the posse flaked out... Hard to keep people's attention sometimes in the Nexus. It's a mysterious thing.

Anywho! Amil nods. "If it'll get me some answers and rid Inside of a few more trouble makers you can count on me."

Yay! Deputy Amil?

See, she figures that she got all these crazy PC abilities for a reason. And not just to use them to loaf around, either. Going to do some real good and help some real people!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Yellow Zone Alley
    John grins.
    This would be fun.
    The holes in the cage close up except for the ones on the top. Water then begins to pour in until it fills to the top and the top holes close.
    "Let's see if you can escape that!"
    ((Feel free to bring in any servants of Chez))
    The Wolf.... Umm...

Well... Chez has gills under his Fluffy mane.... at least, according to old drawings of him....

So, any Ways, Chez....
    Eats an M&M....
    Not an Explosive one, either...

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Underbed

The light is joined by several others, all of which seem to float in the same direction. it's hard to tell, though.

Grey Zone Park

"I'll nay have ye bee threatenin' me hive!" the captain bee growls and points a laser flintlock at the scorpion's face.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

20. - Top - End - #770

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Scarlet Manor]

Kal's mouth tightens in a perfect impersonation of someone-who-is-concerned-about-good-drink-being-wasted as he watches the good drink getting wasted.
    "I wanted to hire you to get rid of this other gang that's been muscling on myself and my associates' business. In the world we run in, there's very little room for competition, and it's time we taught these two-bit imposters a lesson."
    "Ah." There's a pause, and suddenly the room seems to be filled with noise. The sound of footsteps ascending the stairs far below, the ticking of the towering grandfather clock, static interference like that of an old radio, even the sound of mites munching away at the books on the shelves, every noise, no mater how insignificant, amplified to an overwhelming degree. And one sound is conspicuously absent, the sound of a heartbeat. Whatever Kal is speaking to is definitely no living creature, much less a human. "So, you are here to kill me, and presumably my underlings. Very well. Shall we fight with swords, pistols, or fisticuffs?" The voice booms eventually, sounding severely annoyed.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-10-05 at 01:21 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

21. - Top - End - #771

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Xifra has gone as far as she dares. She'll have to trust to The Lady to keep the less savoury aspects of the temple from Jack's observation. She steps closer to try and give Jack a quick peck on the lips. "I'm only worried you'll lose your temper again. You and Juan didn't exactly get along."
    Jack accepts it, but it doesn't really change his demeanour. He's frowning a little, confused by Xifra's words. "Right. I'll try to apoligize."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Red Zone - Streets

The files do indeed contain a connection to her place of business. Provided her powers can cross universal barriers, Mania may well place the shoes and files beside her apartment door. More on that later.

For the moment, Naitiri runs. And runs, and runs. Dead children... oh dear. That would have a profound affect on just about anyone. Nait's a bit hardier than Fettina, so she isn't upset, but she's sickened and scared.

Anyone may well spot the neon-haired woman meandering through the streets, stocking'd feet lacking footwear. She's visibly terrified, exhausted, and out of breath.
    Naitiri may very well run right into someone. It's almost as if he moved into her path when she glanced to the side or similar. But no, he looks rather surprised to find her there if she does run into him. He'll reach out to grab her arm in a strong grip to steady her.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" He says as he releases her arm, if he was able to grab it in the first place. The man in question can be described as tall, dark, and handsome. He has a friendly look about him, though he almost looks wild. There's something about those bright, yellow eyes and his shaggy, near black hair. He's a tall man and has broad shoulders. He wears leather britches and a black tshirt. The shirt is a tad tight, doing little to hide that he is very well muscled under it.

23. - Top - End - #773

Red Zone - Streets

Naitiri had been planning to run all the way to Grey. Somewhere the police actually patrolled. When someone steps out to grab her - had he stepped out? - she panics. Nait wrenches her arm free, and there's a click as her forearm starts to split. It should be clear her arm is artificial - and judging by the glow inside, perhaps some sort of weapon - before she realizes what's going on.

The pale woman's arm is suddenly just an arm again. She takes a long breath, chest still rising and falling rapidly. "Oh... the, uh, the grey zone? I saw this girl, psychic, maybe... Gods, she killed two kids." Nait rubs her temples, taking a second to look down at her mostly bare feet. She sighs, calming down a little. Safe now. Yes.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-10-05 at 01:45 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone - Streets]

Safe. Yes. >.>

The man's eyes widen. "It's dangerous around here. We're still in the Red Zone now. Would you like me to walk you to a better neighborhood?" He offers, seeming to genuinely want to help her.

25. - Top - End - #775

Underbed

The light is joined by several others, all of which seem to float in the same direction. it's hard to tell, though.

Grey Zone Park

"I'll nay have ye bee threatenin' me hive!" the captain bee growls and points a laser flintlock at the scorpion's face.
    Grey Zone Park

"You started."

The scorpipon keeps on walking on his place hiding his face every time his claws snap in front of him. His string now points directly to the bee queen.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #776

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Red Zone - Streets]

Safe. Yes. >.>

The man's eyes widen. "It's dangerous around here. We're still in the Red Zone now. Would you like me to walk you to a better neighborhood?" He offers, seeming to genuinely want to help her.
    "That would be good." Naitiri says, head starting to clear. She felt so stupid, panicking like that. She's supposed to be the cool-headed one. "Do you know the way? My ride back is in Grey, and I'm... sort of completely lost." Nait tends to use too many words whe she's on edge.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Well. It looks like Amil has been drafted as a tough hombre. Wonder why most of the posse flaked out... Hard to keep people's attention sometimes in the Nexus. It's a mysterious thing.

Anywho! Amil nods. "If it'll get me some answers and rid Inside of a few more trouble makers you can count on me."

Yay! Deputy Amil?

See, she figures that she got all these crazy PC abilities for a reason. And not just to use them to loaf around, either. Going to do some real good and help some real people!

The sheriff nods. "These men are wanted dead or alive, so don't hold back. We four will go in the front, and I've got two men posted to the rear to make sure they don't bolt. When you're ready, we'll do this."

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "Ah." There's a pause, and suddenly the room seems to be filled with noise. The sound of footsteps ascending the stairs far below, the ticking of the towering grandfather clock, static interference like that of an old radio, even the sound of mites munching away at the books on the shelves, every noise, no mater how insignificant, amplified to an overwhelming degree. And one sound is conspicuously absent, the sound of a heartbeat. Whatever Kal is speaking to is definitely no living creature, much less a human. "So, you are here to kill me, and presumably my underlings. Very well. Shall we fight with swords, pistols, or fisticuffs?" The voice booms eventually, sounding severely annoyed.
    [Scarlet Manor]

"That's quite an assumption you're making." Says Kal calmly from his seat, taking another sip of his tea. "I never claimed anything of the sort, after all. I could be but a simple bootlegger." Indeed, Kal has often given a boot to the legs in the course of his career. "If you insist on violence, though, let it be known that I only take my duels in the ancient and mystical art of T'oeas'y, which is where you stand still and do nothing, while I gladly lay into you with whatever weapons and lethal killing objects I wish."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

29. - Top - End - #779

Scarlet Manor

"An assumption, yes, but an educated and accurate one. I know you are here to kill me, so let us dispose of this double speak. You're not very good at it, and I'm bored." Now the voice sounds cranky. Kal had to go and ruin the fun by declaring his intent on the wall. If he hadn't done that, the shadowy figure could have had all sorts of fun trying to divine his motives, but no, now the only fun to be had was ripping the assassin into tiny little pieces.

The cloud of darkness expands, sweeping over everything and obscuring the entire room, except for a small patch of luminescence around Kal, like a spotlight on a darkened stage. "Well, let's hurry this T'oeas'y thing up. Pretty clever of you I suppose, to name such an unbalanced form of combat" The voice says, clearly emanating from a spot just a few feet in front of Kal. Less obvious, however, is the sound of quiet, steadily approaching footsteps as something tries to sneak up on Kal.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-10-05 at 03:32 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

30. - Top - End - #780

Oof, killing people. On the one hand Amil hates it, as necessary as it is sometimes in a place as crazy as the Nexus. On the other hand her Nid instincts drive her to revel in it. It's a pretty troubling dichotomy that she struggles with.

But right now?

She slings the deathspitter off her back and locks a grub into the firing chamber.

"Alright," she nods. "I'm ready."

So on three?

Ooor...?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.