New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 39

Yellow Zone - VSWC
    "Men, Women, Children, and Babies, you can eat them all!"
    He got down on his knee when she rubbed against him to scratch her back.
    "Now let's go home! I have a surprise for you!"
    Twitch.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-09-11 at 08:03 AM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Red Zone

The bogeys are quick enough to pull their tongues in, and then stick them right back out!
    "Bleeeeeggghh! Neener neener!"
    This time, Demon Queen will try to use her abilities to keep their tongues out.

And try again.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Temple of Cunningham

"Off you go then! Have fun, girls!" And Pastor Ellen sends the two PCs off to have marvellous adventures together!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Temple of Cunningham]

"Thank you." Aleph manages to get out, waving at Ellen as she presumably leaves with Sophie, heading out into the general streets. "Do you know where a good store is?" She asks, looking up at Sophie, who, despite her shorter height, still manages to be noticeable taller than the younger and quite small sized Aleph.
    To tell the truth, I've never been around the city very much. How about we just go around the market streets and see if there's anything you like? The newly anointed Sister Sophie suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Null Zone]

((If you wish. It doesn't particularly matter at this point, as I assume the cleric would be going along regardless of what threat they thought they were facing. ))

Rot shudders, feet firmly planting themselves on the ground when the cleric tells him to stop. However, the vampire gives him a particularly furious and evil look, that he probably can't see through the shadows, and with some effort moves his sword to block Anatolij's slash. Though the command has stopped him, the ancient vampire isn't completely subdued that easily. It helps that he thinks the name Svarog is a bit silly. He's quite rude like that.

"No! You stop! You be quiet!"

The vampire's savage words hold a bit of magical persuasion in them, probably not enough to keep a trained holy man silent, but hopefully enough to tongue-tie him long enough for Rot to kill them all/get away. He accentuates the words by swinging his sword at Anatolij's neck.
    Rot would maybe find the name less silly if he knew that Svarog - or Swaróg, to use the original spelling - was a Slavic god of, you guessed it, fire. The priest opens his mouth to speak another prayer, but Rot's command tied his tongue for a few precious seconds.
    Anatolij blocks the sword strike and makes a quick slash at Rot's sword arm. It's clear that he's an expert fencer.
    The other trooper gets around the combatants and gets behind Rot, where he aims a pneumatics-powered stake launcher carefully.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple of Cunningham - Market Street]

"Okay." Aleph says quietly, letting Sophie lead the way. Luckily for Aleph, the dress she was given actually looks nice enough with pockets, so its design incorporates them- which allows her to safely stow away the money she was given.

In terms of spending it, however, Aleph doesn't seem to have many ideas of her own, or perhaps just not the confidence to speak up about it. As such, she will mostly follow any suggestions Sophie offers.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

[Market Street]

I'm thinking we should start off with some clothes, maybe. Do you have any preference? Sophie can tell Aleph is shy, but she doesn't want to make all the decisions for her.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

[Yellow Zone - VSWC]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Yellow Zone - VSWC
    "Men, Women, Children, and Babies, you can eat them all!"
    He got down on his knee when she rubbed against him to scratch her back.
    "Now let's go home! I have a surprise for you!"
    Twitch.

There was something clearly wrong with Dave and the way he said that he has "a surprise" for Clarissa. Clarissa suspiciously stares at Dave for a moment, her right eyebrow elevated far above her left.

"Okaaay..."

"This surprise of your's wouldn't happen to involve any hack, slash, stab, cut, or chop, would it? I don't really want any surprises that hack, slash, stab, cut, or chop..."

"And there's still something wrong with your eye."

Clarissa begins creeping back toward the stairs. Dave was acting strangely, so it'd probably be best just to do what he wants until he cools off. It isn't a particularly wise or rational idea, but it is one that Clarissa follows nonetheless.

To Home?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

[Market Street]

"Umm..." Aleph glances at the displayed wares of a few stores. "I don't know." With more prompting, however, Aleph will eventually pick out a few sets of clothes, predominately in very neutral colors with absolutely no patterns to them at all. Her choices are very... stark, but she seems pleased with them, if in subdued way.

Once she has a few bags of clothing, she looks up at Sophie curiously. "Do you want to go anywhere?"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

[Market Street]

Nowhere in particular, but I think I'd enjoy just wandering around and seeing what's here. I haven't been shooping like this in a very long time... Sophie sounds a little nostalgic. And my cabin at GLoG could use some more life to it.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

[Market Street]

"Why haven't you gone shopping?" Aleph asks curiously. Shopping was something normal people did often, right? Well, maybe not all of them, but it was common enough...
    She doesn't have to ask about what GLoG is though. She read about it at the Arkham Library!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

[Market Street]

I've never had the time. Sophie shrugs. But now that I'm here, it's a perfect opportunity.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

[Market Street]

"Oh. Well, what do you want to shop for?" Aleph asks, feeling like she's obligated to try and keep some kind of conversation going, though it is awkward for her to do so.

12. - Top - End - #102

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Yellow Zone - VSWC]

There was something clearly wrong with Dave and the way he said that he has "a surprise" for Clarissa. Clarissa suspiciously stares at Dave for a moment, her right eyebrow elevated far above her left.

"Okaaay..."

"This surprise of your's wouldn't happen to involve any hack, slash, stab, cut, or chop, would it? I don't really want any surprises that hack, slash, stab, cut, or chop..."

"And there's still something wrong with your eye."

Clarissa begins creeping back toward the stairs. Dave was acting strangely, so it'd probably be best just to do what he wants until he cools off. It isn't a particularly wise or rational idea, but it is one that Clarissa follows nonetheless.

To Home?

Yellow Zone - VSWC
    "No. No hacking nor slashing. I did something today at work that you'll love to hear about..."
    To home!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

[Market Street]

That's what Sophie is counting on. Get Alpeh to open up.
    Some pictures, maybe, The Hunter muses. Things to put on the furniture. Maybe some paint for the walls. Let's go look.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

[Market Street]

Aleph follows Sophie along docilely, carrying her bags of clothing as she looks around curiously. "So... I'm guessing there are a lot of currencies." She comments, looking down at what remains of the money Ellen gave her. She'd seen a few other transactions, and every one of them used a different kind of money. "That seems confusing."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Masks Temple]

"That pretty much corresponds with everything they said." Grace says quietly, holding out her hands to Jezebel, gesturing for the masked woman to join her on the couch again. "I can certainly understand not feeling forgiving."
    Masks Temple

Jezebel sighs and takes a seat next to her. "And what does this all mean for you?" She asks, knowing that Grace must thinkg something about what happened and her view of things was likely much different than her own.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

[Market Street]

Quite a lot of them, yes, Sophie responds. But they're all accepted here. It can get quite confusing at times.

17. - Top - End - #107

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Lester's Saloon]

"We're departing. I'm glad to see that you're alright. You had me worried for a second there."

Percilia-prime sighs, clearly relieved. She looks somewhat out of sorts, what with that nasty bruise on her lower right arm and all.
    [Lester's Saloon]

"I'm sorry. Didn't knew it's that bad for me."

He spots the bruise.

"What's that?" He points at it with his little paw. Cute!
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

[Market Street]

Aleph nods, but that attempts seems to have exhausted her capability to start conversations, so she'll quietly follow Sophie around, looking at everything curiously. Her attention spans seems quite short, however- she tends to give most things only a second or two, and watches more complex things for only a minute at most. It's almost like she can't quite decide what she wants to give her attention to, so she tries to look at everything a little.

[Masks Temple]

"I don't know." Grace admits, putting her hands in her lap. "To be honest, I think everything that occurred with Watchtower and your hotel has a lot less of my attention than the fact that you are in charge of a cult. Maybe that's just Nexus craziness getting to me though."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

[Market Street]

As Sophie buys some things for her room, she wonders how to get Aleph to talk again.
    How long have you been in the Nexus, Aleph? From the Pastor's words, it seemed like you've been here a while.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Masks Temple

Jezebel sighs. "Look around. We've been doing some actual good here, and it's not like we're brain washing people. Yes, I tried, once, with Merrak, but frankly, it wasn't much fun, and too much of a bother." She admits. "We aren't here to wage wars, start riots, or commit other genocidal atrocities. All we want, is to worship our god in peace."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

[Cursed Street]

Shunk!

Amil impales the hound again, but in the head, and this time it goes limp, its white corpse falling to the ground. Three more remain though, and they seem to be going after the much less defended young witch.

One of the wolves is pulled off the ground, little by little, but that's enough to get it stuck in the air, unable to do much beyond growl and snarl. The other two though, are quite free to snap at Gene's legs and ankles, trying to bring her down.

[Masks Temple]

"I know." Grace replies, reaching out to put her hands on Jezebel's. "I don't think you're doing anything bad here. I know you've done good. But... religions are like dictatorships. They don't necessarily have to be bad, they can even have good intentions, but to me... they're dangerous. It puts all this power in the hands of one individual. It's a single point of failure, and it only requires them to have one small flaw of perception or character to affect and harm all kinds of people."

[Market Street]

Aleph looks confused. She's not really sure what Ellen said that would have given that impression at all. "I've only been here a few days." She corrects quietly. "I kind of... escaped to here."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

[Market Street]

Well, Sophie's player might be confused. He's doing several scenes at once, as well as other things.
    Oh. I see. I'm sorry if this is an unpleasant subject for you. Escapes often are.

23. - Top - End - #113

[Cursed Street]

Ha!

That's one down.

And...

Several more to go. Amil gives a quick, "Gene! Look out!" before darting over toward the witch! First order of business? Attempting to decapitate the beast that's being levitated while it can't defend itself. Chances are Gene is going to be losing concentration in a hurry and it's best to make sure there are only two dogs to deal with instead of three once that happens.

As the hounds close Amil squeezes off a few shots at one of them, hoping to distract it from attacking the relatively unarmored girl.

*tok tok tok!*
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cursed Street]

Genevieve staggers backward, her concentration failing right about now. She almost trips over her dress, but manages to keep on her feet. "Baubillious, baubilious!" She cries out, trying to fire a ball of light into each of the wolves' heads.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Red Zone

The bogeys are quick enough to pull their tongues in, and then stick them right back out!
    "Bleeeeeggghh! Neener neener!"
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    This time, Demon Queen will try to use her abilities to keep their tongues out.

And try again.
    Kyinde got another idea from this. "Say, while we're doing that kind of thing, I've got another thing to show them." She cast a wave of frost at the bogeymen which, if effective, should be survivable, but not pleasant at all.

"See, I could've frozen you lot solid instantly if I wanted at this point, but I didn't feel like it. Now, you don't seem to care if we kill you, but if we don't, what will you do? Things aren't so easy then, is it, since we might just beat you again if you do anything nasty later."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

[Cursed Street]

The floating hound is made swiftly work of, its head and upper body going white, though the back end remains black. Still, it can barely move itself around with only two legs, so it might as well be out of the fight.

Gene's spheres of light once more fail to do any damage, but they do seem to stall the hounds significantly, especially as they are cast into the middle of them. They writhe around the light disrupting them, taking quite some time to pull around them and put themselves back together, giving Amil plenty of time to get off a few good shots and get nearer. It ends up taking the shots in the side, causing it to change targets and dart around towards Amil.

The two hounds are on the defensive for the moment, it seems.

[Market Street]

"It's okay." Aleph quickly reassures Sophie. "I don't mind." Which is a lie, but Aleph doesn't want to offend or scare off anyone who is actually being friendly to her. "I don't remember much anyway." Just a lot of horrible, terrifying and vague memories, and a few horrendously distinct ones that make her know quite well that she never wants to return.

27. - Top - End - #117

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Streets --> MagMart

"It's a good a guess as any." Adir says, shrugging and likely heading toward the Blue Zone.

Nothing

Legion cringes when the sword misses it's mark. She cries out in frustration and anxiety, trying to pull it free, but it doesn't seem to be working. Oh dear.

"Will you just shut up?" The Lady replies, glaring at the Holder while she bleeds out. What a hastle. At least that was... wait, the tattoo's moving? It likely slides up the sword, snaking onto Legion's arm easily. "Whoah!"

I wouldn't be surprised if it took the same spot that it had on the Holder's chest.
    Nothing but nearly Anything

Indeed it seems like the tattoo does so at first, but after a moment she will feel a burning. Not physically, but mentally. It feels like something is burning her skin away and the Tattoo begins to move. It splits up to her chest given her a Tattoo of a gem similar to the one in her leather west. Another part is going to forehead and she got a tattoo of two bows between her brows and her hair.

After all this object seems to show off all the Object she is holding, but that isn't all these Tattoos make other Seeker note what she got, bad if they go over corpse to get the objects.

At last the object holds another secret. If she touches someone who contains objects she will get a tattoo for each of them for a few minutes... maybe this shows itself useful?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #118
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by M. Mayonnaise View Post
    Gaddiyel contemplates the gem in his hand for a moment. However valuable it might be, it's of no use to him without his memories. ... Very well. You have a deal." He pulls the chain from around his neck, offering it to the witch.
    [Wish Shop]

The Witch takes the pendant and gives it to Plum. Plum bows at the guest and leaves the room, taking the pendant with her.

"Let us begin," says the Witch. She pulls out a feather from within her clothes and a bottle of ink, then sets the bottle on the table. She looks thoughtful for a few seconds before dipping the end of the quill into the ink and starting to scratch runes on the table. Random runes, words, diagrams, magic circles, all quickly appear where the feather scratches, some recognizable words, and some foreign languages.

After several minutes of this, she puts the ink and the feather away. "By the Power granted by the Cosmos, and in equivalent exchange of that which you have given me, I shall grant your wish. Return to this young man that which he lost!"

The ink on the table begins to glow, then shines brighter and brighter until it's difficult to look directly at it. The smoke in the room grows thicker. One flash. Two flashes. Three flashes of light. An then the ink disappears. The glow subsides.

Gaddiyel's mind will suddenly open a locked area within it that he did not know existed. He will remember who he is, what his skills are, and all major events in his life. As well as what the pendant was.

"Your Wish has been granted."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Halfling in the Playground

MagMart

"Oh, hi." Adir looks at the Magbot, smiling a little sheepishly. "Do you have any... baby stuff?" He has no idea what else to call it.

Nothing

So the tattoo changes according to the Objects she has? And it extends to her face?

Legion grimaces at the burning sensation, tracing the flesh that is suddenly colored by strange symbols. She can't help but wonder if she got it right.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-09-11 at 04:48 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

"Yeah, we need, like, clothes and stuff. Anything for a new baby." Sakura adds rather cheerfully. It'd be very hard to ruin Sakura's good mood at this point.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-09-11 at 05:01 PM.