New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 39

[Outside Lester's Saloon]

Oh boy that's quiet bad, but his first reaction is easy... camonflaouge. Well he did it more as a natural reflex then really thinking about it, but this will leave him enougth time tomake some thoughts.

Ok. It's a three to one situation with my Guildleader as a histage. Now let's think.... there are quiet 342.135 ways this fight ends. 3.124 will leave me unhamred and 2 have a chance to get my Guildmaster free as well. So let's focus on them. I heared the sound of two weapons drawn, possible the two guys I don't see full. The other one hasn't drawn a weapon. So Plan 1 would be I go cover the heart of my master and try to make a sneak attack from there. Bad thing: Cause of there near drunken appereance they may shoot her befor I got a time to react.
    Plan 2 would be a immediatelly suprise attack by using my armore and disarming these guys as good as I can. At last I should distract the unarmed one as well.
    If I fail on any step here we both get killed...... Ok way to go.

He jumps up whispering his sentence to activate the wings of the armor he got in Trogs. "Up! Up and away!"
    He flys up which diable his camonflaouge. Hopefully they are a bit shocked and won't react immediatelly. A half secound of thought was enougth to let him calculate how to shoot his toung. I should say that his toung is muyh longer then a normal animal his size should have. it's more like a whip. He aims at the hand of the first ruffian with a gun hopefully he don't react to much, if succed the toungs recoiling should aim at the other guy with a weapon face. Either way he will try to make a power dive against the last one's face.

Just hope the guildmaster will react as well.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lucy's Diamonds]

These two are useless! Hopefully the women at the counter can help. Sakura nods to her friends and and turns to approach her. "Hello there, deary. I'm Lucy Skye. What're you looking for today?"

"Hi, I need a ring. To get married with." She glances back at Cessie. Sakura barely knows what she's asking for. "I'm gonna propose to my boyfriend."

"That's wonderful." Lucy says, giving Sakura a warm, encouraging smile. "Let me get a few rings for you to look at." And then she starts pulling out rings and placing them in front of Sakura. One, two, three, four, five, six rings. Sakura peers at them all. It's a hard decision to make.
    [Lucy's Diamonds]

Harnel will move up and attempt to be helpful! yay!

"What about that one?" he points to ring number two, "It's got similar designs to the wedding earrings in my homeworld."

Indeed, Harnel and Cessie's earrings look similar, but with a few key differences. first off, they're made of black metal, have swirls rather than thorns, and, possibly most important, actually attach to the ear
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-09-13 at 02:08 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Harina grins back. "You've got a point there. Let's hope you're the one that's right."
    Repost for Harnel.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Harina grins back. "You've got a point there. Let's hope you're the one that's right."
    [Streets]

Jakus yawns, "I live to fight. It's in my blood, and I enjoy it, even when I'm losing. If nothing else? It'll be fun for me."

((sorry, I don't know how I keep missing these.))

5. - Top - End - #215

[Lucy's Diamonds]

Cessie peers at the rings with a thoughtful expression , "What are they made off exactly? Is this genuine gold?" She asks Lucy, gesturing towards the ring Harnel picked out.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-09-13 at 02:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

"That's good."

((Probably because I keep posting them several hours before you get on, and they get buried.))

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Azik's Enchantments]

"Would you know someone who knows more about this?"
    ((Repost for Harnel))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

"That's good."

((Probably because I keep posting them several hours before you get on, and they get buried.))
    [Streets ==> Erin's Emporium]

"Here we are. Best equipment shop in the entire Nexus," Jakus says. He'll then walk in.

((And now we need to wait for BR. Regarding missing posts though, it may help to get an avatar for yourself. A unique one catches the eye, so maybe it'll help.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Azik's Enchantments]

"Would you know someone who knows more about this?"
    [Azik's Enchantments]

"I'm sorry, but if I did, I'd probably know what it is already. This is unfortunately going to have to be something you resolve on your own." Azik says.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Market Street A

Alysha stares at "Jerry" for a moment. Then she gives a small laugh.

I'm sorry, but I can't really understand what you're saying.

But, I'm gonna guess that you have more questions about the Keyblade.

So...let's see here...well, where I come from, the are these thongs called Heartless. The Heartless always seek out people's hearts, and try to make them become Heartless, too. The only thing that can fully stop a Heartless is a Keyblade. Like mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"Really? But it was such a strong smell. And your scanners couldn't read it?"
    Lorraine's mind boggles at the thought that a wolf's nose is more sensitive than Mysterious Alien Technology.
    Market Street A

The female nods and makes notes. She looks expectant for more information.

...wait, she uses human body language with a completely nonhuman language and mindset? How does that work?

Market Street B

"I didn't use the [chemic?] scanner. Perhaps I will go back and do that. You know where the [spacecraft?] is? You are welcome [when?] you wish."

10. - Top - End - #220

Market Street A

Alysha wouldn't think about that too much. It might cause her head to explode.

Um...well, not everybody can use one. Keyblades choose who use them.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #221
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lester's Saloon]

"Cripes!"

One of the thugs shout as he finds his revolver aimed at his armed partner's face. The revolver goes off before he can stop it, just as the other man is about to squeeze his trigger. His head meets a rather large bullet fired from a Super 500. Ouch! That's not much of a head anymore!

Of course, Mister C has now attracted the attention of the two remaining brutes. The one near Percilia screams abruptly as he goes for his gun, namely because Percilia-prime just used her psychokinesis to break his right arm while drawing her own Magnum. That man crashes to the ground holding his broken arm tightly with his left hand, the radio flying away from him as he goes down.

Two down, one to go.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Market Street B

"I didn't use the [chemic?] scanner. Perhaps I will go back and do that. You know where the [spacecraft?] is? You are welcome [when?] you wish."
    "You won't let Jerry do things to me, right?"

You have to admit, this is a legitimate concern!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Animal Shelter/Temple of Bast]

"Well that's a relief." Reinholdt doesn't think she could be bothered to think up sermons and stuff. Purring thoughtfully sounds much more pleasant. Though I doubt it'll last.

"Why do you keep calling people slpeople or slhumans or slworshippers? What sort of prefix is sl supposed to stand for?"
    It's very odd.

The cats glance at each other.

"Uhh..."

"Speech troubles. We're not used to speaking English, see, so we mix up our words a lot. Begin to say silly things like sl... er, sleep. Or slacker."

Chione nods vigorously. The other two cats look to be suppressing face-paws.

"Cat thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Anatolij's face is kicked and he staggers back, but his power armor offers enough protection against such attacks. He tries to attack Rot again, but this attack is a bit feeble, as the Cossack is still staggered by the kick.
    The cleric, meanwhile, reaches the vampire and swings his fiery warhammer at his head, hoping he would be unable to defend against two attacks at once.
    The trooper is still making sure Rot can't escape, but he's creeping a little closer to the bombs. All Remnant soldiers know time is of the essence.

The sappers, by the way, follow the bombs using the GPS trackers and try to disarm them as Zefir told them to, quickly.
    [Gray Zone]

The bombs haven't been modified, so they should easily be able to disarm them once they find them since Zefir told them how.

Rot lets Anatolij's attack hit him while he barely ducks under the flaming warhammer with a yelp. He lashes out wildly with his sword at the cleric's legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Erin's Emporium

"Alright. Thanks!"

Unless stopped, she'll go and find such a dagger, then return to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    "Here we are. Best equipment shop in the entire Nexus," Jakus says. He'll then walk in.
    Aeryn nods and accepts the payment for the desired dagger!
    "Can I get you anything else you need? There's a free Ori Staff Weapon with every purchase, as well," she says, nodding to the newcomers in a 'one moment' gesture.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"What's an Ori Staff Weapon?"

(I thought that the Jaffa (Jaffar? Something like that.) were the ones with the staff weapons? Of course, I never followed the whole Ori plot arc, so I might be missing something.)

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Cursed Street]

Amil continues on down the street, alert for any sudden movements in the shadows. The lack of lighting really shouldn't bother her. She knows the lack of lighting shouldn't bother her. And yet this unnatural gloom is hindering her vision just as easily as it would have if she were still human.

And frankly that creeps her out.

Soon Amil and Gene find themselves flanked on either side by rows of gnarled, twisted trees. Branches bare and groping and scratching at the sky. There comes a sound of snapping and fluttering followed by a loud 'CAW!'

And suddenly the trees aren't quite so bare.

Though it isn't leaves that they're heavy with.

Dozens of crows peer down at the pair.
    "Ooh, I've never seen so many crows in one place in my entire life. This place is so cool." Genevieve isn't at all effected by the environment the same way Amil is. She lives it, obviously enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Lucy's Diamonds]

Harnel will move up and attempt to be helpful! yay!

"What about that one?" he points to ring number two, "It's got similar designs to the wedding earrings in my homeworld."

Indeed, Harnel and Cessie's earrings look similar, but with a few key differences. first off, they're made of black metal, have swirls rather than thorns, and, possibly most important, actually attach to the ear
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Lucy's Diamonds]

Cessie peers at the rings with a thoughtful expression , "What are they made off exactly? Is this genuine gold?" She asks Lucy, gesturing towards the ring Harnel picked out.
    "That's right. They're all either gold or silver." She gives a few additional details to go with that.

"Yeah, it's really nice." Sakura picks up the ring to take a closer look at it. The thorns are interesting. Lucy had picked it thinking it might catch her eye. "What do you think? Should I pick this one?" She asks Cessie and Harnel.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uh-huh...."
    Reinholdt will have to watch these cats closely. She agreed to this to help the poor abandoned cats, but she isn't sure why she felt the need to come here in the first place. Or help Chione murder someone. Something is definitely off. She'd have to watch her step and try to find out what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

(The Ori foot-solders' staff weapons were fancier than the Jaffa ones, and fired whitish-blue energy instead of yellow-orange. There's presumably a surpls now that the Ori are defeated. )

"It fires plasma energy and is also useable as a quarterstaff," Aeryn says, pointing to the rack of staffs in the corner.

Oddly, with all the one's she's given out, I don't think anyone's actually used one of the things yet...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"All right. Thanks!"

With that, Karyana turns to leave, after grabbing one.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Red Zone]

A little girl has been sighted on and off, within the streets, clinging to the edges of small criminal conflicts, but never participating.
    She seems to simply be observing, waiting for inevitable deaths, then moving on.

Sightings, all over the district, some seemingly at the exact same points in time.

[Blue Zone - Loch and Key Hotel]

A woman flickers into existence in front of the hotel, dressed in rather polite business dress, a simple shirt and skirt, with modest shoes.

Feia has tied her hair back into a bun, for the guise, and pushes some glasses up to proper rest on her nose.
    Jezebel said to dress nice. Formal attire is certainly nice, isn't it?

Content with following to the letter, if not the meaning, the sorceress proceeds to enter the building.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2011-09-13 at 06:52 PM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Blue Zone - Loch and Key

The hotel is fairly small in size, a mere five floors, but it's coated in reflective golden glass. At the door, a bellhop, dressed in a deep bold blue instead of the usual red, gives her a bow and opens the door. "You must be Mistress Feia. Please, go in. The private lounge is on the right. The Lady is waiting for you."

Assuming she goes in, she'll find that the place is lavishly decorated. Most of the floorspace is taken up by man-made pools, "lakes", and "ponds", leaving the dry areas as small islands connected by marble bridges with railings.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Blue Zone - Loch and Key]

Feia takes the bellhop's directions with a slight nod, before moving on.
    She wastes no time in going where she is directed, not standing around to marvel at the somewhat-impressive decor.

Not to say she doesn't notice.
    It's all simply taken in stride.

The meeting with Jezebel requires a degree of composure that gawking at the surroundings would be rather counter-productive for, so it is thus avoided.

Onwards.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Loch and Key

The private lounge is a small room compared to the rest of the place, about 30ft by 15ft in length with a dark, well polished persimmon wood table in the middle, covered with a dark blue cloth. At the far end, Jezebel, known to Feia as simply The Lady, sits in a chair, legs crossed and waiting. She's wearing what could only be a robe, made of a thin gossamer cloth, showing nearly every inch of her underneath. The only thing giving her any shred of modesty, seems to be drifting shadows, always shifting tantalizing, but never revealing her. "Welcome, Feia." She tells her, smiling slightly beneath her mask. "It is good to see that you came."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Loch and Key

Standing somewhat behind The Lady, clearly subservient, is a woman in a full Mask, compared to Jezebel's half-mask.

As Feia enters, Xifra uncorks the bottle of wine and pours it for both women, hiding her surprise at Jezebel's guest. She and Feia had met once before, after all. And though Xifra is masked now, as she wasn't before, Feia will surely recognize the Objects she wears - the whispers of Cruelty and the red Bloom in her hair.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #235
    Pixie in the Playground

[Red Zone - A Dark and Dingy Alley - Having Fun Kidnapping Bums, Are We?]

There's a woman perched atop a building beside a dark and dingy alley! She is clad in a pristine white dress shirt and dark brown slacks! Her nose is small, but it still has that regal quality to it. Her rosy red lips, curved upward into an smug, conceited, eerie, and oh so bloodthirsty grin, and cheeks, stand in clear contrast to the milky white of her skin. Her eyes are enchanting facets of immaculate emeralds. Her long, silky, raven black hair hangs limply around her shoulders, resting upon the collar of her dress shirt. Her build is athletic and attractive. She is very curvy, to say the least. She has a sweet, stunning face and small, delicate hands. A striking birthmark planted in the center of her right cheek adds even more character to her menacing face and very kind body.

The young woman scans the alley with cold, animalistic eyes. A predator searching for her prey, which she locates with little difficulty.

Children in the Nexus come in all shapes and sizes from every imaginable background. There just so happens to be a group of children from a Victorian London type of reality and time period that are shooting marbles in middle of the shadow-filled path. The scraggly munchkins wouldn't be that nourishing, but they would have to do. They would be much easier to sneak onto a ship than full-grown adults, after all. On top of that, Clarissa (for that is this monster's name) was sure that they wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight, not as much as adults could, anyway.

Clarissa leaps into the alley, silently landing in the shadows behind one of the five children.

It appears as though this is about to turn out veeeery badly for the five, young, delectable children.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Red Zone - Alley with Children

A flash of red light zips in front of Clarissa's eyes with a snapping sound. A lasround from a pistol. Behind her, a tall, very handsome man with pale skin and black hair, wearing plain purple tunic and pants, smirks at her. "Leave them alone, monster." Juan hisses.

(If you'd rather not have a fight, just say so)

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Red ZOne

"We're nopth puppetsth, thfur fathe!" the bogeys insist!
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

28. - Top - End - #238

Red Zone

Uh-huh. Then why are you looking for a specific woman? You don't strike me as the kind to make the plans. You remind me of hired goons.

Demon Queen seems to be enjoying this a little.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

29. - Top - End - #239
    Pixie in the Playground

[Red Zone - Alley with Children]

((Nah. Fighting is cool. It's one of the reasons I came up with this character. She is supposed to be an outstanding brawler, but she has quite a few weaknesses which can be exploited to easily defeat her if need be.))

The children that were playing in the alley have started to book it at this point. Clarissa appears to be a little irritated, but she is also very, very curious as to what just caused that ray of red light to shoot past her eyes.

"Woah! That was cool! But why couldn't you wait until later to do that! I was in the middle of something important!"

Clarissa crosses her arms and pouts just a little bit before glancing over her right shoulder at the gunman, Juan.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Red Zone - Alley

"Because I wanted to."
    He says with that smirk before taking aim once more and firing at her torso. What it lacks in stopping power, it more than makes up for in it's ability to burn through materials.