New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Cleric Question

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Cleric Question

When a cleric levels up, does he loose access to the previous level's domain spell? (ex. Strength domain, a cleric with Bull's Strength cannot choose Enlarge person as their domain spell)

GraveGobbler Avatar still made by Ceika!

I'm revamping my blog. slightly new look, very new name, hopefully some new content soon.
    It's called Diceroller Flicks Goblin on The Grid and it's centered around RPG themed films and other stuff I want to put up.
    My Latest post? My favorite source of plot hooks for D&D
    http://goblinonthegrid.wordpress.com/

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cleric Question

..that's a bizarre interpretation. No. The domain spells are a permanent part of that cleric's spell list; the only difference is that, if the domain spell is not part of the regular Cleric list as well, the Cleric can only prepare a domain spell in his bonus domain slot.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

You know you get a domain slot of each (non-orison) spell level you can cast, right?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

the way they wrote it was confusing me, this makes sense now...

GraveGobbler Avatar still made by Ceika!

I'm revamping my blog. slightly new look, very new name, hopefully some new content soon.
    It's called Diceroller Flicks Goblin on The Grid and it's centered around RPG themed films and other stuff I want to put up.
    My Latest post? My favorite source of plot hooks for D&D
    http://goblinonthegrid.wordpress.com/

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As I understood it, a Cleric gets the spells per day for its level, plus any for its Wisdom score, as general Cleric spell slots, in which it can prepare any spell on the general Cleric list of its spell level or lower. Simultaneously, for spell level one and up, there exists a domain spell slot, in which a Cleric can prepare either of the spells of that level or lower from its domain(s) list(s). There is nothing stopping a 20th-level Cleric from filling its domain slots from first to ninth with a level one spell.