Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lateral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hell's Heart

    Default Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    Does anyone know of any homebrew prestige classes that progress both initiating and meldshaping that could be easily entered as a Warblade/Totemist? Specifically, it has to have prerequisites that could be met as a Warblade/Totemist focused more on maneuvers than meldshaping (so mostly Warblade) and that at least allows taking of Tiger Claw maneuvers. Thanks in advance!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Does anyone know of any homebrew prestige classes that progress both initiating and meldshaping that could be easily entered as a Warblade/Totemist? Specifically, it has to have prerequisites that could be met as a Warblade/Totemist focused more on maneuvers than meldshaping (so mostly Warblade) and that at least allows taking of Tiger Claw maneuvers. Thanks in advance!
    Flowdancer is a base class that will do this.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    How about Sinfire Titan's Totemborn Tiger?
    A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lateral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hell's Heart

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    Flowdancer is a base class that will do this.
    I can't make any sense of that class. What disciplines of maneuvers does it get? How does it get meldshaping? What does Mystic Path actually do? I'm sorry, but those posts are incredibly badly formatted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garryl View Post
    How about Sinfire Titan's Totemborn Tiger?
    That looks pretty good, actually. Easy to enter as a Warblade 3/Totemist 2, which was what I was hoping for. Although, why does it advance White Raven? That doesn't really make much sense to me.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    In that thread, the brewer said that they were probably going to remove that part as it did nothing for the class; It was probably left over from an earlier build that wasn't so specific.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    I can't make any sense of that class. What disciplines of maneuvers does it get? How does it get meldshaping? What does Mystic Path actually do? I'm sorry, but those posts are incredibly badly formatted.
    iknowrite?

    The class is a lump of clay with other lumps of clay stuck on it, it's no where near resembling its end product, but to answer your questions:

    1) It has about 9+ disciplines usable, to use a disciplines maneuvers you usually have to be in the stance that activates the discipline-- so it doesn't have disciplines per say, it just has stances.

    2) It gets everything.

    3) It's a 3 pronged PrC replacement, instead of multiclassing you have a built-in multiclass that splits between mundane, arcane and divine.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    unosarta's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    The Sapphire Blademaster is what you are looking for.

    It is a combination of Diamond Mind and Iron Heart user and a Meldshaper, with a crap-ton of bonus Essentia to invest in maneuvers, your weapons, and soulmelds.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

    My deviantArt.

    Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

    My Homebrew

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lateral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hell's Heart

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    iknowrite?

    The class is a lump of clay with other lumps of clay stuck on it, it's no where near resembling its end product, but to answer your questions:

    1) It has about 9+ disciplines usable, to use a disciplines maneuvers you usually have to be in the stance that activates the discipline-- so it doesn't have disciplines per say, it just has stances.

    2) It gets everything.

    3) It's a 3 pronged PrC replacement, instead of multiclassing you have a built-in multiclass that splits between mundane, arcane and divine.
    Okay, cool. A base class wasn't really what I was going for, but it does look like something cool to play around with.

    Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
    The Sapphire Blademaster is what you are looking for.

    It is a combination of Diamond Mind and Iron Heart user and a Meldshaper, with a crap-ton of bonus Essentia to invest in maneuvers, your weapons, and soulmelds.
    That's not exactly what I'm looking for, but awesome nonetheless. I will remember that class, although I am a bit worried about its balance- there aren't any reviews of it, and I'm not the best at critiquing classes.
    Last edited by Lateral; 2011-09-17 at 09:26 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    unosarta's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    That's not exactly what I'm looking for, but awesome nonetheless. I will remember that class, although I am a bit worried about its balance- there aren't any reviews of it, and I'm not the best at critiquing classes.
    Warblade/Totemist can enter it. Still has access to Tiger Claw (and I am sure your DM would let you switch out Iron Heart for Tiger Claw, if that were really a concern). It can be entered by a Totemist. It is easily leaning towards the Martial side (the only actual meldshaping related prerequisites are to be able to shape soulmelds, and to have the Bonus Essentia feat). That sounds like what you want, does it not?
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

    My deviantArt.

    Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

    My Homebrew

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lateral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hell's Heart

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
    Warblade/Totemist can enter it. Still has access to Tiger Claw (and I am sure your DM would let you switch out Iron Heart for Tiger Claw, if that were really a concern). It can be entered by a Totemist. It is easily leaning towards the Martial side (the only actual meldshaping related prerequisites are to be able to shape soulmelds, and to have the Bonus Essentia feat). That sounds like what you want, does it not?
    Yes, it can, but the class abilities are much more geared towards an Incarnate/Warblade and not a Totemist/Warblade, since it's more focused on a manufactured weapon-user and the build I'm trying to get uses natural weapons, like most Totemists. Plus, it gets Diamond Mind and Iron Heart, not Tiger Claw. It's still an awesome class, and I'll probably end up using it at some point, but it's just not what I need right now.
    Last edited by Lateral; 2011-09-18 at 09:15 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    unosarta's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Yes, it can, but the class abilities are much more geared towards an Incarnate/Warblade and not a Totemist/Warblade, since it's more focused on a manufactured weapon-user and the build I'm trying to get uses natural weapons, like most Totemists. Plus, it gets Diamond Mind and Iron Heart, not Tiger Claw. It's still an awesome class, and I'll probably end up using it at some point, but it's just not what I need right now.
    Ah, I see, that makes more sense. Unfortunately, part of why I made it, there aren't really any other Meldshaping/Initiating PrCs. There should be more, since it is such an interesting and underused concept, and two of my favorite subsystems, but you just don't see them anywhere.

    [Edit]: The Soul Disciple is Initiating/Meldshaping, but unfortunately a base class.

    Martial Soul is very similar to the Sapphire Blademaster, albeit moreso focused on Chakras than Essentia. Still not really what you are looking for, I am guessing.

    That was all I could find after some extensive google searching.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2011-09-18 at 09:36 AM.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

    My deviantArt.

    Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

    My Homebrew

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lateral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hell's Heart

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
    Wrong link.

    Martial Soul is very similar to the Sapphire Blademaster, albeit moreso focused on Chakras than Essentia. Still not really what you are looking for, I am guessing.
    That's an interesting prestige class- gives independent progression of maneuvers and soulmelds, instead of progressing. Cool, but not what I need, no.

    I'll probably just go with the Totemborn Tiger; its abilities are pretty much just what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by Lateral; 2011-09-18 at 02:57 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    unosarta's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Wrong link.
    Correct Link. Sorry about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    That's an interesting prestige class- gives independent progression of maneuvers and soulmelds, instead of progressing. Cool, but not what I need, no.

    I'll probably just go with the Totemborn Tiger; its abilities are pretty much just what I'm looking for.
    What is the Totemborn Tiger? Is is a homebrewed class? If so, can you link it? I love the combination of Meldshaping and Initiating, and would love to see more homebrew on that area.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

    My deviantArt.

    Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

    My Homebrew

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC

    Default Re: Initiating/meldshaping progression PrC?

    It was linked earlier in the thread... third post.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •