A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 103
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sheffield, England

    Default [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Introduction
    You are all villagers living in Triel, south of Boareskyr Bridge and northeast of the Elturel. You have lived peacefully here for a good long while now, with little unwelcome interruptions.

    All this until one day, when a soldier came stumbling half-dead down the road from Scornubel gibbering about hoardes of walking dead following him. Unfortunately he died of his injuries before any more sense could be made from him, but to be safe a scouting party was sent out following his route to investigate. Nothing was ever heard of the scouts again though, and a mere two days after the soldiers appearance his warning turned into truth as hundreds of walking dead descended on the village, overwhelming the guards with their sheer numbers and eventually killing almost everyone in the village save for a handful of survivors before they flowed on.

    You are those survivors.

    Chapter 0
    The undead hoard has surged through the village and out the other side, brutally killing anyone who got in their way without any cares at all. They didn't seem to see anybody as a threat, or an enemy, but simply as an obstacle or - in some situations - as food. It was reminiscent of a stampede of wild animals more than an invasion.

    From your current hiding place, you have no way of knowing if anyone else has survived. For all you know, you are the last living survivor of the village. Surely not though. Surely somebody else must have been as fortunate - or is that unfortunate? - as you and managed to survive?
    Characters

    Games
    Arda: OOC | IC
    Zombies: OOC | IC
    Islands: OOC | IC

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    It was early that morning, Myka had awaken from her scared sleep where she bundled up in a corner of a broken wrecked building.

    It was not a good day yesterday... She had lost her family... her mum and da were not fast enough. They told her to run while held off the things...

    They were not people anymore! If she could she would beat them to a pulp but she promised she would run yesterday.

    "Hello! Is anyone else alive out there!" She yelled hoping she wasn't alone...

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Aust was hiding in the shadows of nearby bulding, having been unable to help the village guard repel the undead hords.

    He had only arrived in Teil a few days ago on his journy to grow as a swordsman, as was his family's tradition when an elf came of age. In the short time he had been here, he made minor freinships with soem of the guard but he lost those when those few men fell in the battle...along with his prized Curtblade, which impaled one of the creature,but failed to slay the zombie and forced let go of the handle as several more undead had swarmed his position.

    was forced to hide ever since, gathering what weapons he could find to fend of the few undead that had found him, which being his hunting knife and a cluv and spear that had once been weiled by other guards that had been slain in the battle.

    Must find out if others still live Aust thought, before begining his search and then heard a young girl's voice call out form another near by building.

    He quicly made his way in, gripind his spear just in case there were still more of the undead around.

    Where are you miss?
    Last edited by XV-Dragon; 2011-09-19 at 02:21 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ely, England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Thunderjhuan had been lucky; he had been inside the tavern during the attack, and while everyone rushed out to see the destruction, he had closed and barricaded the door shut, and then dived behind the bar, hearing the screams and shouts from outside.
    "Keep It together Thunderjhuan, keep it together"He then, shaking, went to fill up a nearby tankard to calm himself down. When he filled up and turned, he saw two hands smash through the windows, he then slipped and fell.
    He awoke, not sure of where he was, and then his memories started flowing back, and he then picked up the nearby tankard and went to the front door to peek outside. He hears a faint cry as he pokes his head out the door, and looks around
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Roll (1d20+7)[8]
    Last edited by Hung So Lo; 2011-09-19 at 02:33 PM.
    Master Intimidator since 11'
    Thats a very nice thread there, would be a shame if something were to happen to it... :D

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Jans stared at his daughter... The look of fear plastered on her face even in death. He felt tears streaming down his face, he didn't care, his life was over. If only he had not fought with his wife the night before and been sent to sleep out in the cellar as punishment, he could of stopped this! They could still be alive if only he had been here! He sobbed again clutching her to his breast, he knew he had to move, knew he had to get going but part of him didn't care any more a part of him wanted to die right there and then to give up and join his daughter and wife.

    He sat there for most of the morning in shock, just blankly staring... His anger started to boil at the injustice that had been brought upon him. He would have the head of the person responsible, they would wish they had never been born when he got threw with them. He was going to DESTROY there life like they had destroyed his. He would kill them slowly and he would enjoy it. With one last look at his daughter and a sob in his throat he reached down and placed a kiss on her forehead. He reached out and took the necklace he had bought for her, a month back... This would remind him of his goal. This would power him on when he felt lost. He reached out and grabbed his quarterstaff. It was time to find some answers... and dish out some justice.

    He stepped outside into the bright light. Shielding his eyes he looked around unsure if he should look for others or start off in search of revenge. He lanced down the main street seeing bodies thrown about everywhere... He doubted many survived this attack, he started walking glancing at those who did not survive. He had to find and help others it would only be right.

    HELLO! IS ANYONE OUT THERE! He bellowed as he made his way down the street.
    I am alive!

    It has been a very very long time.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TurtleKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Amy
    Amy had barricaded herself in the kitchen when they came. She had put the table in front if the door. The crates and been placed so as to block the windows, and for the chimney the chairs had shoved in so no could get pass. Amy had stayed there rocking herself as she heard the devastation outside. She cried herself to sleep saying don't eat me, don't eat me.

    She is still asleep saying don't eat me as if not wanting to awake to this apopocalypse.
    Thanks to my cancer looking at one to two months left to live. Prayers are always welcome and have fun.

    Live like your dying because today could be your last day.

    I do have access to my laptop so can be on more often until my time is up. I do plan on making the most of it without investing into any long-term pbp.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by XV-Dragon View Post
    Where are you miss?
    Someone was here?! But was it one of those things? No, they didn't talk... they were more objects, never an explaination just attacking...

    I'm hidden. Are you friend or foe?

    Just then she heard a voice yelling "hello"...

    Another voice, okay she would go out to see who they were. If they were monsters should would fight. If they were people, tears on her face, maybe the worst was over...
    Myka walked out the wreckage of the building and looked around the corner
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot check to see if she sees anyone.
    (1d20+3)[8]

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    I'm hidden. Are you friend or foe?

    I'm a freind miss, one of the people who faught the undead

    As aust sad this, he heard another voice calling out HELLO! IS ANYONE OUT THERE!

    Two of us are over here! Aust called back, hoping this meant there might still be a decent number of survirors.
    Last edited by XV-Dragon; 2011-09-19 at 02:49 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sheffield, England

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Myka will see Aust outside searching for her, but with all of the bodies and damage around Thunderjhuan can't tell if the voices heard came from somebody too injured to move or someone you can't see...
    Characters

    Games
    Arda: OOC | IC
    Zombies: OOC | IC
    Islands: OOC | IC

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ely, England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Thunderjhuan then goes back to the bar, picks up his backpack and straps It on. He walks over to the entrance and pulls the objects out of the way. He then Inhales deeply as he prepares to open the door. He then pushes the door open and then walks in the direction of the faint yelling. "Dont ye worry, O'l Thunderjhuan's on Hi' way" Sipping on his tankard as he walks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen roll to follow the noise (1d20+7)[9]
    Master Intimidator since 11'
    Thats a very nice thread there, would be a shame if something were to happen to it... :D

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sheffield, England

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Thunderjhuan
    After a few false starts, you successfully manage to find Jans wandering down the street
    Characters

    Games
    Arda: OOC | IC
    Zombies: OOC | IC
    Islands: OOC | IC

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TurtleKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Amy hearing some voices startles awake screaming…

    Don't eat me! Don't Eat Me! DON'T EAT ME! DON'T EAT ME! DON'T EAT ME!!! DON'T EAT ME!!!!
    Thanks to my cancer looking at one to two months left to live. Prayers are always welcome and have fun.

    Live like your dying because today could be your last day.

    I do have access to my laptop so can be on more often until my time is up. I do plan on making the most of it without investing into any long-term pbp.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Rolling spot and listen to find everyone who is either near by or calling out (rolling search as well in case its needed)

    Listen (1d20+2)[8]

    Spot (1d20+2)[10]

    Search (1d20)[3]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    I see you, Sir. You are armed for one who claims a friend. I'm over here.

    Then she hears another females voice, "Don't eat me!".
    I don't eat humanoids, I perfer pie meself. Just come out, me and the Mr. weapon will protect you.

    Myka walks out into the open close to Aust.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    I see you, Sir. You are armed for one who claims a friend. I'm over here.

    Then she hears another females voice, "Don't eat me!".
    I don't eat humanoids, I perfer pie meself. Just come out, me and the Mr. weapon will protect you.

    Myka walks out into the open close to Aust.
    Aust rolled his eyes at the name 'Mr Weapon' and replied My name is Aust young woman, not Mr Weapon. As for being armed, afte what just happened I would not blame anyone for being ready for a fight

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Cinaed knelt before the single surviving tapestry in his home, depicting the first Ranulf coming to this place, and taming the land. His forefathers had been great warriors, men of strength and cunning, who could lead their people through any disaster. Cinaed was not like them. Cinaed had hid when the walking corpses had come. He knew what had happened to his father. He had seen his corpse among those who attacked the town. For all his strength, his father still fell. If he could not defeat these monsters, how could Cinaed hope to? Perhaps it was better to just lay down, and wait for one to find him...
    But something stopped Cinaed. A little wriggle in the back of his head. Maybe he couldn't defeat the walking corpses. But some of his people must have survived. And as long as they did, Cinaed had a duty. He must lead them to safety. And once that was done, maybe they could begin to rebuild. Picking up his scythe, Cinaed left his home, and began searching for survivors.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    jojolagger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PST
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Crais, seeing the zombies have left, exits what is almost the fanciest house in village, losing only to the Ranulfs. The dead bodies barely register in Crais' vision as he begins to wander the town, trying to find his way to some other humans.

    (1d20+2)[18] spot
    (1d20+2)[20] listen

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Well, I am Myka, but you may call me Miss if you please, Aust. Do you think they will return?

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TurtleKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Amy
    HELP! KEEP THEM AWAY. DON'T LET THEM EAT ME! NO! Sounds of rattling and shuffling of what sounds like furniture being shoved even more into place of where its already at in the Bakery.
    Thanks to my cancer looking at one to two months left to live. Prayers are always welcome and have fun.

    Live like your dying because today could be your last day.

    I do have access to my laptop so can be on more often until my time is up. I do plan on making the most of it without investing into any long-term pbp.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Well, I am Myka, but you may call me Miss if you please, Aust. Do you think they will return?
    Aust thought for a moment before answering Myka's question, I can't say for sure as I a not expert on the undead. I would guess though that since they simply overan the village and kept going we should be okay for at least the moment

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sheffield, England

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Crais wanders around for a bit until he hears banging and screaming coming from the bakery
    Characters

    Games
    Arda: OOC | IC
    Zombies: OOC | IC
    Islands: OOC | IC

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shock4484's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Krin leaves what was once his mother and fathers thriving farm, now torn to shreds by the mass of creatures that passed through, to go into town and arm himself with some better gear and equipment... and see if what if anything else is still standing.

    Spot and Listen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot and listen are for the trip into town from the farm. Krin is a bit on edge with the recent catastrophe that has taken place.
    Spot: (1d20+4)[11]
    Listen: (1d20+4)[13]


    DM Only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Krin makes his way toward town he avoids any 'alive' people and is cautious of even the ones who have been slain. As he enters town he heads straight for the blacksmith's shop to try and salvage any weapons that may be of use on his journey to destroy whatever has lead to the death of his mother and father.

    Search (if the blacksmiths shop is not attended): (1d20+3)[14]
    Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse-- Krin



    Awesome avatar by Miss Nobody!

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Come then Aust, we should find her screams they came from this direction! Child don't fear, the undead are here no longer you are safe. Help us help you.

    Myka runs toward the direction of Amy's screams, trying to home in on where the sounds would be.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Should be easy listen check since talking is DC 0 and screaming should be lower DC.
    (1d20+3)[15]

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sheffield, England

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Krin
    You get into the village without seeing any sign of life - or un-life - anywhere around. You make your way to the blacksmiths, seeing a couple of people moving further down the street to where you are heading.

    When you get to the blacksmiths, the entire place is a complete mess, with several bodies strewn around the place and the entire shop turned over. Digging through the wreckage, you eventually find:
    • One chain shirt
    • One hand axe
    • Two short swords
    • Three sickles


    Myka/Aust
    You find your way through the carnage to the bakery building, and as you are approaching it you see a young man heading in your direction from the opposite side of the bakery.

    Crais
    As you are approaching the bakery, you see another two people approaching you from the other side of it, and a third person moving down the street further away.
    Characters

    Games
    Arda: OOC | IC
    Zombies: OOC | IC
    Islands: OOC | IC

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Shock4484's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    As Krin finds the chain shirt he starts striping away the hot heavy blood and sweat soaked padded armor he wears and sees if the new found armor will fit him.

    He piles the remainder of the items in a pile near the door except for the one of the short swords and a sickle which he incorporates into his gear as he redresses himself. Then adds the padded armor into the pile with the other equipment. (granted the Chain shirt fits)
    Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse-- Krin



    Awesome avatar by Miss Nobody!

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Aust puts himself between Myka and the new person comming form the opposit direction and call out You another survivor?

    Aust did not point his spear at the new comer but frip it tightly with one hand in case it was a feo. With Myka with him, Aust could not risk being caught off guard in the off chance this was a foe

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    jojolagger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    PST
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Crais draws away from the other survivors, appearing fearful, but directing an open palm toward the others. It can be see that his glove bears a large hole in it, the edges charred black.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Starbuck_II's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Enterprise, Alabama
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Aww, look at him he was burned. Maybe he is mute, Aust, are you mute Mr. glove man?

    Myka said as she saw the charred black glove. She attempted to look into the bakery hoping she might spot anyone yet inside.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+3)[9]

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sheffield, England

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Myka

    Looking through the window, you can tell that it's obviously been barricaded and you can hear screaming from inside but you can't see anyone
    Characters

    Games
    Arda: OOC | IC
    Zombies: OOC | IC
    Islands: OOC | IC

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: [3.5e] Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

    Since Aust was unsure with the man with a burnt hand, he walks over to the door of the bakery and tries see if he can force the door open while calling out Who ever is in there, I'm comming to check on you!

    Strength check to get in (1d20+1)[10]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •