New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gnorman's E6 Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    Ah. I was kind of concerned about the ability to conjure unlimited minions (for trap/ambush triggering as an example), and the ability to salvage their armor, weapons, etc... when they are killed, and the possibility of minions advancing in level.
    Oh. Okay. I'll get on that, then.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey Gnorman was just reading the Polyglot Sage with casting Power Word spells. One part of the LAP says at will which sounds like all day while the per day means only so many times. So which is it? All day long or so many times a day?
    Thanks to my cancer looking at one to two months left to live. Prayers are always welcome and have fun.

Live like your dying because today could be your last day.

I do have access to my laptop so can be on more often until my time is up. I do plan on making the most of it without investing into any long-term pbp.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, it's been a while since the last time, but it's nice to see that things are going great with your project, Gnorman. The psionics classes, the new archetypes and all those amazing races are a feast for the eyes. Allow me to celebrate by submitting my own class. The first, if I find some time to continue it, of five.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Fire Elementalist

HD: d6
    Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), Profession, Spellcraft
    Skill Points: 4 + Int per level (4x at 1st)

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+0|+0|+2|+2| Archetype, Child of the Flame, Burning Soul

2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Lesser Archetype Power

3rd|+1|+1|+3|+3| Scorching Rage

4th|+2|+1|+4|+4|Moderate Archetype Power

5th|+2|+1|+4|+4| Flaming Cloak

6th|+3|+2|+5|+5|Greater Archetype Power, Blazing Inferno [/table]

Proficiencies: A Fire Elementalist is proficient with light armor and simple weapons.

Archetype: At 1st level, the Fire Elementalist chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated in the list. Once made, this choice is final.

Child of the Flame: At 1st level, the Fire Elementalist gains Fire Resistance 5. This stacks with any other fire resistance the character may already possess and increases by five at every odd-numbered level.

Burning Soul: At 1st level, the Fire Elementalist can, as a standard action, cast a burst of flame with a 10 feet range as a ranged touch attack, dealing 1d6 points of fire damage per level. For every die of damage he sacrifices, the range of the attack increases by 10 feet. The actual level of this spell-like ability is equal to half the Fire Elementalist’s level (rounded down).

Lesser Archetype Power: At 2nd level, the Fire Elementalist gains the appropriate power for his archetype.

Scorching Rage: At 3rd level, the Fire Elementalist’s Burning Soul ability may ignore the first 5 points of fire resistance of its targets. Starting 5th level, this increases to include the first 10 points of resistance.

Moderate Archetype Power: At 4th level, the Fire Elementalist gains the appropriate power for his archetype.

Flaming Cloak: At 5th level, the Fire Elementalist gains an aura of swirling flames. The Flaming Cloak grants him Cold Resistance 10 and affects all creatures or unattended objects within 5 feet of the elementalist, dealing 1d6 points of fire damage per two levels to anything entering it for the first time in a round or starting its turn already within its range. The Fire Elementalist may activate or suppress his aura as a swift action. The actual level of this spell-like ability is equal to half the Fire Elementalist’s level and using it does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Greater Archetype Power: At 6th level, the Fire Elementalist gains the appropriate power for his archetype.

Blazing Inferno: At 6th level, three times per day, the Fire Elementalist can maximize the damage inflicted by his Burning Soul ability.

Archetypes:

Destroyer

Lesser Archetype Power: The Destroyer becomes proficient with a martial weapon of his choice. Also, every time he makes a melee attack roll he can choose to channel his Burning Soul ability through the weapon he wields. If he hits, the target takes damage from both the attack and Burning Soul.
    Moderate Archetype Power: Any creature or unattended object hit by the Destroyer’s Burning Soul ability (whether directly or through a weapon) must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + half the Destroyer’s level + his Strength modifier) or be knocked prone and sent flying 10 feet in a direction of the Destroyer’s choice. If an obstacle prevents the completion of this movement, the victim and the obstacle each take 1d6 points of damage, and the victim stops in the space adjacent to the obstacle.
    Greater Archetype Power: A number of times per day equal to his Strength bonus, the destroyer can use his Burning Soul ability to cast a Fireball centered on himself. This works like the spell of the same name, but it doesn’t affect the Destroyer. His caster level is equal to his hit dice, and the DC is 10 + half his level + his Strength modifier. For the purpose of Scorching Rage and other, similar abilities, any damage is still inflicted by Burning Soul.

Lava Walker

Lesser Archetype Power: Any creature hitting the Lava Walker with a melee attack takes 1d6 points of fire damage per two levels of the Lava Walker and must succeed on a Reflex save (DC 10 + half the Lava Walker’s level + his Constitution modifier) or catch on fire.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A number of times per day equal to 3 + his Constitution modifier, the Lava Walker may completely ignore any resistance or immunity to fire that would prevent damage inflicted by his Burning Soul or Flaming Cloak abilities.
    Greater Archetype Power: For a number of rounds per day equal to his level plus his Constitution modifier, the Lava Walker may grants himself Fire and Cold Immunity. This effect occurs automatically as soon as it applies, lasts until it runs out or is no longer needed, and can operate multiple times per day (up to the total daily limit of rounds).

Arsonist

Lesser Archetype Power: When the Arsonist hits a target with his Burning Soul ability, he inflicts it a bonus damage equal to his Intelligence bonus. The damaged creature keeps taking this extra damage at the end of each of its turns, until it spends a move action to put out the flames. For the purpose of Scorching Rage and other, similar abilities, this damage is still inflicted by Burning Soul.
    Moderate Archetype Power: The range of the Arsonist’s Burning Soul ability increases by ten feet. Also, he may use it to target an area of ten feet radius instead of a single target, giving up this way the need for an attack roll. All creatures or unattended objects hit by the explosion are entitled to a Reflex save to halve damage (DC 10 + half the Arsonist’s level + his Intelligence modifier).
    Greater Archetype Power: The range of the Arsonist’s Flaming Cloak ability increases by five feet. Also, any creature injured by it must make a Reflex Save (DC 10 + half the Arsonist’s level + his Intelligence modifier) or be blinded for a number of rounds equal to the Arsonist’s Intelligence bonus. Success indicates that the creature is not blinded, but is instead dazzled for one round.

Purifier

Lesser Archetype Power: A Purifier can turn undead as a (good) cleric of his level. Unlike a cleric’s, his Turn Undead ability is based on Wisdom instead of Charisma. He may use it a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Wisdom modifier. He also gains Improved Turning as a bonus feat.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A Purifier can use his Turn Undead Ability to turn or destroy Aberrations. He also gains Extra Turning as a bonus feat.
    Greater Archetype Power: A Purifier can use his Turn Undead ability to turn or destroy Outsiders. He can also use the Greater Turning power of the Sun domain a number of times a day equal to 3 + his Wisdom modifier.

Ash Priest

Lesser Archetype Power: An Ash Priest gains Diplomacy and Sense Motive as class skills, and receives a +4 untyped bonus to both of them. A number of times per day equal to 1 + his Charisma modifier, the Ash Priest can summon a Small Fire Elemental within a range of 30 feet. The elemental acts and is affected by feats as if summoned by a Summon Monster spell. The summoning takes a full-round action and lasts a number of rounds equal to the Ash Priest’s level plus his Charisma modifier. He also gains Ignan as a bonus language.
    Moderate Archetype Power: A number of times per day equal to 1 + his Charisma modifier, the Ash Priest can summon a Medium Fire Elemental or a Hell Hound within a range of 30 feet. The creature acts and is affected by feats as if summoned by a Summon Monster spell. The summoning takes a full-round action and lasts a number of rounds equal to the Ash Priest’s level plus his Charisma modifier. He also gains Infernal as a bonus language.
    Greater Archetype Power: A number of times per day equal to 1 + his Charisma modifier, the Ash Priest can summon a Large Fire Elemental, a Rast or a Harssaf (MM3) (alternatively, he may summon a Tiger with the Fire Element Creature template, from Manual of the Planes) within a range of 30 feet. The creature acts and is affected by feats as if summoned by a Summon Monster spell. The summoning takes a full-round action and lasts a number of rounds equal to the Ash Priest’s level plus his Charisma modifier.

I'll be honest with you: I may end up actually covering other four elemental classes, but the original idea was to make something that Nuclear Dan would enjoy playing . Obviously, any critique is well accepted. That and some spell checks.
    Last edited by Dandria; 2012-03-26 at 02:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    "Killing is WRONG Celesto."
    "My God you're right"

Awesome Professor Dandria avatar by Ceika, queen of the awesome.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dandria View Post
    Well, it's been a while since the last time, but it's nice to see that things are going great with your project, Gnorman. The psionics classes, the new archetypes and all those amazing races are a feast for the eyes. Allow me to celebrate by submitting my own class. The first, if I find some time to continue it, of five.

Pure Awesome

I'll be honest with you: I may end up actually covering other four elemental classes, but the original idea was to make something that Nuclear Dan would enjoy playing . Obviously, any critique is well accepted. That and some spell checks.
    I would say "There are no words" but there are, and those words are "That is amazing, awesome work, and I want to know where you find your art."

A more measured critique will have to come when I am less exhausted, though. Off-hand, I really like the Arsonist and Ash Priest archetypes.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorman View Post
    I would say "There are no words" but there are, and those words are "That is amazing, awesome work, and I want to know where you find your art."

A more measured critique will have to come when I am less exhausted, though. Off-hand, I really like the Arsonist and Ash Priest archetypes.
    OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!

Seriously, I'm stuck in bed with a bad fever but the fact that you like the Elementalist has just made my day. Considering how much I enjoy your work, I consider myself happy, if not proud, to have been able to give something back. Also, I spend a lot of time on Deviant Art, so there's that .
    "My God you're right"

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

So I just converted a prestige class I wrote a while ago into this style E6 base class for a campaign setting, and the author of said campaign setting said I should probably post it over here, and that seemed like a good idea.

Storysinger
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Class Skills: The Storysinger's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Speak Language (None), Spellcraft (Int), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
    Skill Points: 6+ Int

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|0|1|2

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Archetype, Spellcasting, Singer of Stories|3|-|-

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Lesser Archetype Power|3|1|-

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Singer of Heroes|3|2|-

4th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |Moderate Archetype Power, Unite|3|3|1

5th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |Mythsight, Tapestry of Mind|4|3|2

6th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |Greater Archetype Power, Singer of Epics|4|3|3[/table]

Proficiencies: The Storysinger is proficient with all simple weapons and two martial weapons of her choice. She is also proficient with light armor and light shields.

Archetype: At first level, the Storysinger chooses an archetype from the list below. She gains the advantages and abilities at the appropriate levels, as indicated on the list. Once this choice is made, it is final.

Spellcasting: The Storysinger casts arcane spells from a specialized list, which is included below. The Storysinger need not prepare spells ahead of time - she may spontaneously cast any spell on her list from the appropriate slot. She still requires eight hours of rest to refresh her spells. Her sole casting stat is the ability score chosen through the Singer of Stories, which dictates both the DC of her spells and her bonus spells. To cast a spell, the Storysinger must have a chosen ability score equal to 10 + the level of spell in question.

Singer of Stories (Ex): The Storysinger gains a number of uses of Storysinging per encounter equal to her choice of her Intelligence, Wisdom, or Intelligence modifier, or 3, whichever is lower. She must choose whether to have Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma affect this ability at first level, and may not change that choice thereafter. She gains access to the following stories, all of which cost 1 use of Storysinging to activate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    • The Frog King: Upon using this story, the Storysinger grants one ally within 30 feet the ability to strike a magical effect and attempt to dispel it. They must make a melee or ranged attack roll, and if they hit, may attempt to dispel a magical effect from the thing they struck. They roll a d20 and add the Storysinger’s caster level to the dispel check. If they are successful, one beneficial magical effect is removed from an enemy, or a harmful magical effect is removed from an ally. The magical effect is chosen at random. The ally may use this at any time during the encounter, but after using it, they may not dispel again, and if they do not use it before the encounter ends, the use fades. Activating this ability is a move action.
    • The Cat and Mouse in Partnership: Upon using this story, the Storysinger grants two allies within 30 feet the ability to work together in tandem. Whenever those allies flank a target, they gain an additional +2 competency bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls made against that target. In addition, whenever one of them successfully hits an opponent flanked by the other, they heal one hit point, and the other ally loses one hit point. This effect lasts for 3 rounds. Activating this ability is a swift action.
    • Mary’s Child: Upon activating this story, the Storysinger grants one ally within 30 feet a +4 competency bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks. Whenever they successfully make a Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check, they take 1 point of damage. This damage may not be avoided, and cannot be healed. Upon their third check, they heal 3d6 damage and gain the effects of the Zone of Truth spell, only affecting their person, and cannot attempt any Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate checks for the next hour. This story lasts until the end of the encounter, if used during combat, or for one hour outside of combat. Activating this ability is a move action.
    • The Story of the Youth Who Went Forth to Learn What Fear Was: Upon activating this ability, the Storysinger grants all allies within 30 feet a +4 morale bonus to Will saves against Fear effects. In addition, all allies within 30 feet gain a +1 bonus to Armor Class and attack rolls. This effect lasts for 2 rounds. Activating this ability is a move action.
    • The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids: Upon activating this story, the Storysinger may force one enemy within 30 feet to make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Storysinger level + Storysinging ability modifier) or focus on her. For the duration of this ability, if the enemy failed the save, they may not attack any creature but the Storysinger. If they successfully hit the Storysinger, their land speed is reduced by half for 1 round. Multiple hits reduce their speed by half again, and also refresh the duration of the movement speed penalty. This ability lasts for 4 rounds. Activating this ability is a swift action.

Lesser Archetype Power: Starting at second level, the Storysinger gains the appropriate power for her archetype.

Singer of Heroes (Ex): Starting at third level, the Storysinger gains an additional use of her Storysinging ability, and can play the following songs, which cost two uses of Storysinging to activate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Trusty John: Upon activating this ability, the Storysinger must choose one enemy within 30 feet. If that enemy takes more than one action, or a single full round action, they take 1d4 damage, and must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 Storysinger levels + Storysinging ability modifier) or be Dazed for one round. This effect lasts for 3 rounds. Activating this ability is a move action.
    • The Good Bargain: Upon activating this ability, the Storysinger must choose one creature within 30 feet. They take a -2 penalty on all Intelligence based checks, and for the duration of the story, whenever they fail a Knowledge based check, they heal 1 point of damage. In addition, all opponents within 10 feet of that creature take a -3 penalty to all Intelligence based checks. This ability lasts for 5 rounds. Activating this ability is a move action.
    • The Wonderful Musician: Upon activating this ability, all enemies may only attack the Storysinger. However, the Storysinger gains a +2 competency bonus to Armor Class, and any time an opponent attempts to attack the Storysinger, the Storysinger’s allies may move up to 10 feet towards the Storysinger, and all attacks made against the Storysinger provoke an attack of opportunity at a +2 bonus to the attack roll for allies. This effect lasts for 2 rounds. Activating this ability is a swift action.
    • The Twelve Brothers: Upon activating this ability, the Storysinger may choose one ally within 30 feet. That ally may not take any actions for the next round, besides moving. If they do, all allies within 20 feet gain a +2 morale bonus to Strength, Constitution, and Dexterity, and Fast Healing 2. This effect lasts for 5 rounds. Activating this ability is a swift action.
    • The Pack of Ragamuffins: Upon activating this ability, the Storysinger may grant choose one ally within 30 feet. That ally gains a +10 bonus to their movement speeds, and for the duration of this story, whenever they would move more than ten feet in a round, they deal an additional +1d6 damage on all attacks, and gain a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class. This effect lasts for 4 rounds. Activating this ability is a swift action.

Unite: Starting at fourth level, the Storysinger may unite allies with but words. Once per encounter, the Storysinger may grant allies a +1 competency bonus to attack and damage rolls made while flanking per ally flanking a single enemy. Allies also gain a +1 bonus to armor class per ally within 10 feet. This effect lasts 1d4 rounds, plus a number of rounds equal to one half of the Storysinger’s Storysinger levels. Activating this ability is a standard action.

Moderate Archetype Power: Starting at fourth level, the Storysinger gains the appropriate power for her archetype.

Mythsight (Su): Starting at fifth level, the Storysinger may use the Analyse Dweomer spell once per day, as a full round action. She is always considered under the effects of the Detect Magic spell.

Tapestry of Mind (Su): Starting at fifth level, the Storysinger may weave a tapestry out of stories and illusions. By spending a full round action, and spending all of her Storysinging uses, and casting one [Figment] spell of at least first level, the Storysinger may create a vast, beautiful Tapestry. All creatures with an Intelligence 2 or lower within 300 feet are drawn to the tapestry, and take 2d4x2 minutes to reach it. All creatures with 3 Intelligence or above who see the tapestry, or even catch a glance, must make a Will save or be fascinated, as the bardic music ability. The DC for the will save for this effect is (DC 10 + 1/2 Storysinger levels + Storysinging ability modifier). The tapestry lasts for 1d4x10 minutes, or until the end of the encounter, whichever comes first.

Greater Archetype Power: Starting at sixth level, the Storysinger gains the appropriate power for her archetype.

Singer of Epics (Ex): Starting at sixth level, the Storysinger gains two additional uses of her Storysinging ability, and can play the following songs, which cost three uses of Storysinging to activate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Brother and Sister: Upon activating this ability, the Storysinger must choose one ally within 30 feet. That ally gains a +3 competency bonus to Sense Motive checks, and whenever they successfully make a Will save for interacting with an Illusion, they heal 1d6 points of damage, and the Illusion is immediately dispelled. The caster of the Illusion, if they are within 30 feet of the Illusion upon its being destroyed take 1d6 damage. This effect lasts for 5 rounds. Activating this ability is a swift action.
    • Rapunzel: Upon activating this ability, the Storysinger must choose one enemy within 30 feet. That enemy immediately falls prone, and must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Storysinger level + Storysinging ability modifier) or become blinded. This effect lasts for 3 rounds. They take 2 point of damage every round that they remain prone, and take 2d4 points of damage when they try to get back up. Activating this ability is a move action.
    • The Three Little Men in the Wood: Upon activating this ability the Storysinger affects all allies and enemies within 30 feet. Whenever an ally successfully grants another ally a bonus via Aid Another or flanks with an ally and that ally successfully hits the flanked enemy, they heal 2 points of damage. Whenever an enemy fails to grant another enemy a bonus via Aid Another or flanks with an enemy and that enemy fails to hit the flanked enemy, they take 2 points of damage. All enemies take a -2 penalty to any check to Aid Another, and to attack rolls. All allies gain a +2 bonus to any check to Aid Another, and to attack rolls. This effect lasts for 3 rounds. Activating this ability is a swift action.
    • The White Snake: Upon activating this ability the Storysinger must choose one ally within 30 feet. That ally gains the ability to speak with animals, as the Speak With Animals spell. Three times during the duration of this ability, the ally may summon an animal from the surroundings, as a standard action. This functions exactly as the Summon Nature’s Ally II spell, but they cannot summon Elementals. They may use Charisma based skills with animals as if those animals were not of Intelligence 2. This effect lasts for 5 rounds. Activating this ability is a swift action.
    • The Three Snake Leaves: Upon activating this ability, the Storysinger must choose one dead creature within 30 feet. She reanimates them, as the Animate Dead spell. They count as technically living for all effects and purposes, including positive energy and healing, but they can be turned and controlled as if they were undead. They gain the evil alignment, and are just as disposed to attack the Storysinger’s allies as her enemies. At the end of the effect, the creature dies again, remaining in whatever physical state their body was in just before dying a second time. This effect lasts for 5 rounds.

Archetypes

Harmonist

Spoiler
    Show

Lesser Archetype Power: By spending one use of the Harmonist’s Storysinging ability, the Harmonist may grant two characters within 30 feet of herself the ability to share thoughts. Those characters gain Telepathy 100, but may only communicate with each other. In addition, they gain a +3 competency bonus to all attack and damage rolls made when within 10 feet of each other, and whenever one of them makes a full attack and hits with all attacks, that enemy provokes an attack of opportunity from the other creature. This effect lasts for 3 rounds, and the Harmonist may increase the duration by spending an additional use of Storysinging in order to increase it by one round.

Moderate Archetype Power: The Harmonist gains a +3 bonus to all Diplomacy checks. Whenever she uses Aid Another with an ally, that ally gains an additional +1 bonus to the attempted roll, and the Harmonist gains 2 temporary hit points. If they succeed, then the Harmonist and that ally both gain a +1 competency bonus with the skill that they succeeded on for 3 rounds. Following successes stack, but do not refresh the ability. This ability may only be used on with ally per encounter.

Greater Archetype Power: Once per day, the Harmonist may spend two uses of her Storysinging ability in order to harmonize all allies within 30 feet. They gain a Hivemind until the end of the encounter, and whenever an ally who is part of the hivemind successfully hits a target, all other allies gain a +1 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls made against that target. This ability stacks with itself, and successive hits refresh the duration of the ability. This effect lasts until the end of the encounter.

Teller of Tales

Spoiler
    Show

Lesser Archetype Power: The Teller of Tales may spend a use of her Storysinging ability as a standard action, and force all enemies within 30 feet to make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Storysinger level + Storysinging ability modifier) or be Fascinated, as the Bard song, for as long as she Concentrates. Every time a member of the Fascinated group is damaged, the Teller of Tales must make a Concentration check with a DC equal to the damage, or the effect breaks. Concentrating on this ability is a move action.

Moderate Archetype Power: Any enemy who is currently under the effects of your Stories takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class, and takes an additional 1 damage from any melee or ranged attack.

Greater Archetype Power: Once per day, the Teller of Tales may spend two uses of her Storysinging ability as a standard action, and force one target within 30 feet to make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Storysinger level + Storysinging ability modifier) or be Dominated, as the spell. The Teller of Tales must spend a full round action each round in order to maintain control over the Dominated creature. If they Teller of Tales takes any damage at all during this time, she breaks concentration automatically and loses control of the Dominated creature. In order to maintain control over the Dominated creature, the Teller of Tales must speak or make a sound every round and direct the creature verbally. The creature does not necessarily have to understand the Teller of Tales in order to be Dominated. As soon as the encounter ends, this effect also ends.

Chastiser

Spoiler
    Show

Lesser Archetype Power: The Chastiser may, by spending a use of her Storysinging ability, send a fear of the weird and supernatural into those who listen to her, as a standard action. All enemies within 30 feet must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Storysinger level + Storysinging ability modifier) or become Shaken. All allies gain a +1 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls, the fear driving them to greater feats of martial prowess. This effect lasts for 2 rounds.

Moderate Archetype Power: Whenever an enemy is affected by a Story that the Chastiser tells, they must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Storysinger level + Storysinging ability modifier) or be Shaken for one round. Once an enemy is affected by this ability, they are immune to it until the end of the encounter.

Greater Archetype Power: The Chastiser may, by spending two uses of her Storysinging ability, send a fear so strong into an enemy within 30 feet that they may not move. That enemy must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Storysinger level + Storysinging ability modifier) or be stunned for one round. If they make their Will save, they are instead panicked for 3 rounds. Once an enemy has been affected by this ability, they are immune for 24 hours. Activating this ability is a standard action.

Storyweaver

Spoiler
    Show

Lesser Archetype Power: The Storyweaver may, by spending a use of her Storysinging ability, create a [Figment] effect, as if casting the Silent Image spell. At Third level, this becomes as if casting the Minor Image spell. At fifth level, it becomes as if casting the Major image spell. This effect does not require the Storyweaver to maintain concentration for it to remain. This ability lasts for 3 rounds.

Moderate Archetype Power: Whenever a creature interacts with the Storyweaver’s Illusions and successfully makes the Will save or has their Spell Resistance beat the Storyweaver’s caster level check, they take 2d6 non-Lethal damage. In addition, the Storyweaver’s Illusions, as long as they have not been interacted with by the enemy, can count as flanking that enemy as long as they are adjacent to that enemy.

Greater Archetype Power: Once per day, the Storyweaver may, by spending four uses of her Storysinging ability, cast the Mirage Arcana spell, and create up to three [Figment] effects, as if she had cast the Major Image spell thrice. She must concentrate in order to maintain this effect, and any damage causes her to automatically fail concentration and remove the illusions. Concentrating to maintain this effect requires a full round action each round. The Storyweaver may only concentrate up to a number of rounds equal to the ability score used with her Storysinging ability. Activating this ability is a full round action.

Folklorist

Spoiler
    Show

Lesser Archetype Power: The Folklorist may, by spending a use of her Storysinging ability as a standard action, gain a +4 bonus to any Knowledge check made to identify a monster, and gains a +1 bonus to all attack and damage rolls made against creatures who have been identified by the Folklorist this encounter. For the duration of this effect, they may use any Knowledge skill untrained. This ability lasts for 3 rounds.

Moderate Archetype Power: The Folklorist gains a +3 competency bonus to all Knowledge checks involving creatures upon whom she has used her Storysinging ability in the concurrent encounter. She gains the Lore ability, as Bardic Knowledge but using her Storysinger level instead of Bard level.

Greater Archetype Power: Once per day, the Folklorist may, by spending two use of her Storysinging ability as a standard action, know everything about all creatures within 50 feet. She gains Telepathy out to 50 feet. She knows the thoughts of all creatures that she can speak with Telepathically, and automatically makes any Knowledge checks that she attempts to find information about those creatures. This effect lasts until the end of the encounter, or for one minute, whichever comes first.

Spell List

Spoiler
    Show
    0th: Arcane Mark, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Lullaby, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Read Magic,, Resistance.

1st: Alarm, Charm Person, Comprehend Languages, Erase, Hideous Laughter, Hypnotism, Identify, Lesser Confusion, Magic Mouth, Silent Image, Sleep, Unseen Servant, Ventriloquism.

2nd: Alter Self, Calm Emotions, Darkness, Daze Monster, Detect Thoughts, Enthrall, Heroism, Invisibility, Minor Image, Mirror Image, Rage, Scare, Silence, Suggestion, Tongues, Whispering Wind.
    Last edited by unosarta; 2012-03-16 at 07:26 AM.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I got some more prestige feat chains for mages, and there's gonna be a few of them. The last one focused on the Class, why not make a shorter feat tree that focuses on some themes inside of the archtypes?

Black Mage
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demonologist

The name of Demonologist can be misleading, as the lower planes deal with countless races of feinds, from the Destructive Demons, Polotical Devils, Mercanary Yugoloth and Stern Demodand, the lower planes pulse with power, with a garnish of evil
    Fiendish Brute
    "Mages are weak. Sure, I was one once, but now? I can rip the head off a dragon with my bare hands."
    Rank 1(Rageling)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Entry requirements;
    Demonologist Greater Archtype power, One [Fiend] feat.
    Benifits; A Fiendish Brute loses all spell casting abillity with the folowing exeptions; they may use the Demonologists bonus spells as 3/day SLA's, and the Capstone SLA remains unchanged. They also have all of their mental score redused by 6. They gain the abillity to enter a rage as a barbarian of their level. They also gain a natural armor bonus equal to their caster level and a bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to half their caster level. At Rank one they gain a pair of claws that deal 1d8+str mod damage. they also replace the d6HD's with D10's.

Rank 2(Brute)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Entry requirements;
    Feindish Rageling, three [Feind] feats and either improved natural attack or improved natural armor, CR8.
    Benifit; Feindish Brutes gain a +4 bonus to intimidate, and can attempt to use the effect of the frightful presence feat 1/Encounter. They also gain a Bite attack that deals 1d8+1 1/2 str mod damage, and thier claw damage increases by one step. They also get fast healing 1.

Rank 3(Annihilator)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Entry requirements;
    Feindish Brute, Six [Feind] feats, CR10, Diehard.
    Benifits; The bonus to attack and damage increases to their caster level. The damage for all their natural attacks increases by one step, and deals a extra 2d6 untyped damage as they begin to destroy everything around them. Their diehard abillity increases, so that they have to be reduced to Con mod X Caster level negative HP before they're disabled. They can only be kille dby reduceing them to 10(Con mod+Caster level). Their Fast healing increases to 3.

Notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black mage version is ment to convey a mage who gives up most of their spell abillity to embrace incrdible physical power. And, becuse many of their bonuses are based off caster level, tricks to boost caster level aren't a waste.

Feindish Sage
    "How much do you know of the Abyss? No matter how much we think we know, there are a endless number of secrets. I merely know a great deal of them."
    Rank 1(Apprentice)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Entry Requirements;
    Demonologist Greater archtype power, Spell focus(Conjuration), Knowledge( Arcana and the Planes) 11 Ranks, Survival 3 ranks.
    Benifits; +1 caster level. And Pick a Type of Feind. You Gain their least Benifit.

Rank 2(Journeyman)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Entry Requirements;
    Feindish sage Apprentice, CR8, one [Feind] feat.
    Benifits;+1 caster level. They Gain the Moderate Benifit of the selected feind type. They Also gain +4 on checks to interact with and indentify that type of feind.

Rank 3(Master)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Entry requirements;
    Feindish Sage Journyman, CR10, Five [Feind] Feats.
    Benifits; +1 caster level. The Maximium HD the Creature called by Lesser planar ally is increased by half their caster level. They gain the Greater benift for they're type of feind. They also Gain the Evil subtype. Once per Year, they can cast gate, but use caster level minus Half the attepted creatures HD instead of caster level to see if the feind is controlable if the summon version, and can only go to a lower plane or the meterial plane(Depends where you are) if the travel version(one way trip)

Types of Feind
    Demon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Choas, change, almost limitless kinds.
    Lesser Benifit; They Gain a Bonus feind feat that does not count towards CR increase. They also gain resistence 5 aginst one type of energy.
    Moderate Benifit; Demons are creatures of discord, and you have learned to use that. 3/day, you can use Dirge of Discord. Your Previous resistence increases by 5, and you gain Resist 5 to another type of energy.
    Greater Benifit; You Gain a bonus feind feat that does not count towards CR increase. Your Reistences increase by 5, and you gain a new one(5). You may use Dirge of Discord at will, and may use Song of Discord 3/day. But all this Choas that you can channel has some negative side effects. You Gain the Choatc subtype and While touching cold Iron, cannot use Spells, Spell-like abillities or supernatural abillities or magic items. Must make a DC20 Fort save after being damaged by a cold iron weapon, or be effected by iron posioning for one round.

Devils
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lawyers, deal makers and world shakers.
    Lesser Benifit; You may use Suggestion 3/day. You also gain Fire Resist 10. Dealing with lawyers all the time gives you a +4 bonus to bluff, diplomacy and sense motive. You may also make Feindish Contracts (More on 'em later)
    Moderate Benifit; The Fire Resist increases to 15, and they gain a permenant tougnes spell. They may use Charm Person at will.
    Greater Benifit; Fire Resistence increases to 20. May use Sugesstion at will and Kelgores Firebolt at will. They Gain the Lawful subtype, and it's a bad idea if they lie (Twisting the truths fine so long as it's not a outright lie). When they attepmt to Communicate a lie, they take Cha mod/D6 untyped damage, which cannot be bypassed, and are stuned for one round. The damage increases by 2d6 and the stun duration by two rounds for every Lie told in a One hour period.

Demodand
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stern, Cruel prison guards.
    Lesser Benfitis; Pick two types of energy, you have resist 5 to both. Dealing with Prison guards that torture the inmates for fun gives you a +4 bonus to intimidate checks, and you can use power word; Pain 3/day.
    Moderate Benifits; Reistences increase to 10. You learn more things about prison (Including to never drop the soap). You gain a +4 bonus to use rope, Knowledge checks to determine how good a cell is/how good a cell a area could make, +2 to open lock and escape artist(You also learn to see how to escape cells.) And of course, there's always pesky teleporters. 2/Day you can use Dimensional anchor on a cube no bigger then 20ft by 20 by 10ft(Can be ,and often is, much smaller.)
    Greater benifits; Resistences increase to 15. They may use power word Pain, Pain and the Blade of Pain and fear at will. Of course, there's some side effects You cannot stand to see or know about escape a prison and must return them immidatily. Tread as if under a Geas/Quest effect that cannot be removed, and the Wrack spell is cast on you every hour that you aren't after the escaped prisoners. The only way around it is to convene a short bail trial, for which there needs to be someone who makes a DC15 Profesion(Lawyer) check.

Yulogoths
    Mercenary, Honorable, Backstabers.
    Lesser Benifits; You Gain SR 5+caster level, or your SR increases by half your caster level, which ever is better. You can

Notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Abyssal Sage is the Casting Demon guy, and is ment to be a sort of loremaster like Prestige chain.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-03-24 at 01:44 AM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Interesting that each fire elementalist archetype seems focused on a different stat. Not a complaint, just different.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Grimsage Matt, I am officially scared of your feat chains. While I think they are very well designed and oozing flavor, they also let an E6 character cast gate (albeit once a year, but still...). Really toeing that "epic" line, but I fully support all styles of play.

Question for you on the Ash Priest, Dandria: can it summon all the various levels of creatures 1+CHA per day each, or just in total?

And unosorta, the Storysinger is just basically brilliant. One of the most flavorful classes I've ever seen.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question for you on the Ash Priest, Dandra: can it summon all the various levels of creatures 1+CHA per day each, or just in total?
    Each, I'd say: x times the Small Elemental, x times the Medium Elemental or the Hell Hound and x times the Large Elemental or the Rast or the Harssaf.

Of course, that's something I should really take some time to playtest: once you reach 6th level the small elementals are basically a scaled down reserve feat, but the moderate power can still hold its own.

Anyway, I'm almost done with the next one. I'll probably post it this evening, when I get home.
    "My God you're right"

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

And unosorta, the Storysinger is just basically brilliant. One of the most flavorful classes I've ever seen.
    Thank you! I spent quite a bit of time on the stories that the Storysinger gains access to...

The only thing I am worried about is the power level. I know that most of the classes have per day abilities, but I wanted to differentiate the class from the bard, so I made it per encounter, and I don't know how that affects the power level of the class. I took it into account, but I have no idea how successful I was.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

to be honest, i'm going to redo the Abyssal Sage, make it more like a Conduit of the Lower planes. Also going to tack a big hit on to the mental stats of the brute.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-03-23 at 08:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

A couple of Tyrant feats:

Spoiler
    Show
    Horde Hoarder [Tyrant]
    Prerequisites

Diplomacy 5 ranks or Intimidation 5 ranks, Tyrant lesser archetype power

Benefit
    The number of maximum minions you can have at one time increases by +1. The maximum number of minions you can summon per day increases by your Charisma modifier.

Special
    You may take this feat a number of times equal to your base Charisma modifier.

Driving Command [Tyrant]
    Prerequisites

Benefit
    As a Swift, Immediate, Opportunity, Move, Standard or Full Round Action, you can issue orders to a minion or henchmen you control that can hear and shares a language with you to make a Diplomacy or Intimidation check. If you do, that minion or henchman takes an action of the same type with a morale bonus to all attack, damage, ability and skill check rolls made with that action. This morale bonus is equal to 1 per 5 points of the check result that's greater than 10.

Rally the Troops [Tyrant]
    Prerequisites

Benefit
    Once per round you can rally your troops, making a Diplomacy or Intimidation check as a Swift Action. If you do, all minions and henchmen you control that can hear and understand you gain a morale bonus to all attack, damage, ability and skill check rolls and saving throws for 1 round. This morale bonus is equal to 1 per 10 points of the check result.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

And here comes the next elementalist.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Water Elementalist

Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (the planes), Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Swim
    Skill Points: 4 + Int per level (4x at 1st)

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+0|+2|+0|+2| Archetype, One with the Sea, Waves of the Heart

2nd|+1|+2|+0|+3|Lesser Archetype Power

3rd|+1|+3|+1|+3| Ever Changing Tides

4th|+2|+4|+1|+4|Moderate Archetype Power

5th|+2|+4|+1|+4|Raising Waters

6th|+3|+5|+2|+5|Greater Archetype Power, Parting the Way [/table]

Proficiencies: A Water Elementalist is proficient with light armor and simple weapons.

Archetype: At 1st level, the Water Elementalist chooses an archetype from the list below. He gains the advantages and abilities of the archetype at the appropriate levels, as indicated in the list. Once made, this choice is final.

One with the Sea: At 1st level, the Water Elementalist gains a swim speed of 40 feet. Like any creature with a swim speed, he gains a +8 racial bonus on Swim checks made to perform some special action or avoid a hazard, the ability to take 10 on a Swim check even if distracted or endangered and the ability to use the run action while swimming, provided he swims in a straight line. He may also grants himself the ability to breath underwater, once per encounter and for a number of rounds equal to his level plus his Wisdom modifier.

Waves of the Heart: At 1st level, the Water Elementalist can use Create Water at will as a spell-like ability. Unlike the actual spell, Waves of the Heart creates up to 20 gallons of water per level and is not Instantaneous: the water only lasts for a number of minutes equal to the Water Elementalist’s level plus his Wisdom modifier. The Water Elementalist may also hurl the conjured water, turning it into a ranged touch attack with a range of 30 feet. Anything hit by this attack takes 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage per two levels of the elementalist (rounded down) and must make a Reflex save (DC 10 + half the Water Elementalist’s level + his Wisdom modifier) or be sent flying 10 feet in a direction of the elementalist’s choice. The Water Elementalist may add his Wisdom modifier instead of his Dexterity modifier to any attack roll made with Waves of the Heart.

Lesser Archetype Power: At 2nd level, the Water Elementalist gains the appropriate power for his archetype.

Ever Changing Tides: At 3rd level, the Water Elementalist can use the following spell-like abilities: Animate Water, Fog Cloud and Water Walk (only on actual water) a number of times per day equal to three plus his Wisdom modifier, Control Water three times per day and Dispel Fire one time a day. The actual level (and consequent DC) of these spell-like abilities is equal to half the Water Elementalist’s level (rounded down).

Moderate Archetype Power: At 4th level, the Water Elementalist gains the appropriate power for his archetype.

Raising Waters: At 5th level, the Water Elementalist can block incoming attacks with a lighting fast blast of water. A number of times per day equal to his Wisdom bonus, as an Immediate action, he can grants himself a Fire and Acid resistance of 15, a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a Damage Reduction equal to his Wisdom bonus. This lasts until the end of turn.

Greater Archetype Power: At 6th level, the Water Elementalist gains the appropriate power for his archetype.

Parting the Way: At 6th level, three times a day, the Water Elementalist can use Wall of Water (Sandstorm) as a spell-like ability. The actual level (and consequent DC) of this spell-like ability is equal to half the Water Elementalist’s level.

Archetypes:

Maelstrom

Lesser Archetype Power: Anything hit by the Maelstrom’s Waves of the Heart ability must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + half the Maelstrom’s level + his Strength modifier) or be knocked prone and sent flying an extra 5 feet in a direction of the Maelstrom’s choice.
    Moderate Archetype Power: The Maelstrom’s Waves of the Heart ability creates up to 200 gallons of water per level and may now be used as a Cone-shaped Burst with a range of 20 feet, giving up this way the need for an attack roll. Anything that makes its Reflex Save takes only half damage.
    Greater Archetype Power: When the Maelstrom uses his Raising Waters ability, all creatures and unattended objects within 10 feet of him must make a Reflex save (DC 10 + half the Maelstrom’s level + his Strength modifier) or be knocked prone and sent flying 5 feet in a direction of the Maelstrom’s choice.

Mirage

Lesser Archetype Power: The Mirage can, as an Immediate Action and a number of times per day equal to his Dexterity bonus, take a five foot step. This doesn't count against his limit of one five foot step per round or against any movement he takes on his turn.
    Moderate Archetype Power: The Mirage ma use the following spell-like abilities: Blinding Color Surge and Deceptive Facade a number of times per day equal to his Dexterity bonus, Mirror Image and Instant Diversion three times per day and Displacement one time a day. The actual level (and consequent DC) of these spell-like abilities is equal to half the Mirage’s level
    Greater Archetype Power: When using his Raising Waters ability, the Mirage may also become invisible (as Invisibility, but only for a number of rounds equal to his Dexterity bonus) and take a five foot step. This doesn't count against his limit of one five foot step per round or against any movement he takes on his turn. Also, the Mirage may disguise the appearance of his Walls of Water (and only of his Walla of Water)as if they were under the effect of a Mirage Arcana spell.

Deep Dweller

Lesser Archetype Power: The Deep Dweller gains a bonus on Swim checks equal to his Constitution modifier, increases his swim speed by 20 feet and can breathe underwater. Also, his Waves of the Heart ability is now instantaneous.
    Moderate Archetype Power: The Deep Dweller gains Darkvision 60' or, alternatively, he increases his existing Darkvision’s range by 20 feet. Also, he may use the following spell-like abilities: Turbidity and Pressure Sphere a number of times per day equal to his Constitution bonus, Toothed Tentacle three times per day and Evard’s Menacing Tentacles (using Constitution instead of Strength) or Lesser Shadow Tentacle one time a day. The actual level of these spell-like abilities is equal to half the Deep Dweller’s level.
    Greater Archetype Power: The Deep Dweller gains Cold Immunity and takes no damage from pressure, magical or otherwise. While underwater, he also gains DR 3/-. He may use the following spell-like abilities: Flowsight three times per day and Evard's Black Tentacles one time a day.

Snow Sage

Lesser Archetype Power: The Snow Sage’s Waves of the Heart ability may be used to create snow and ice. When using it to attack, the Snow Sage can turn the damage inflicted into cold damage and force anything injured by it to make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + half the Snow Sage’s level + his Intelligence modifier) or be slowed down for a round.
    Moderate Archetype Power: The Snow Sage may use the following spell-like abilities: Ice Slick, Obscuring Snow and Flash-freeze a number of times per day equal to his Intelligence modifier, Ice Shape three times per day and Binding Snow one time a day. The actual level (and consequent DC) of these spell-like abilities is equal to half the Snow Sage’s level. He may also use Water Walk to move over ice and snow.
    Greater Archetype Power: When using his Raising Waters ability, the Snow Sage grants himself a Cold, Electricity and Sonic resistance of 15. He may also use Parting the Way to create Walls of Ice instead of Walls of Water.

Celebrant

Lesser Archetype Power: The Celebrant’s Waves of the Heart ability may be used to create Holy Water and, when used as a direct attack, is also treated as magic and good aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. Any undead or evil outsider hit by the blast (including the incorporeal ones) must make a Will save (DC 10 + half the Celebrant’s level + his Charisma modifier) or take an extra 1d6 points of holy damage per level.
    Moderate Archetype Power: The Celebrant may use the following spell-like abilities: Protection from Evil and Consecrate once per encounter, Status, Calm Emotions and Lesser Restoration a number of times per day equal to his Charisma bonus, Remove Paralysis three times per day and Remove Curse one time a day.
    Greater Archetype Power: When using his Raising Waters ability, the Celebrant heals himself for a number of points of damage equal to his level + his Charisma modifier. Any undead or evil outsider making contact with one of his Walls of Water automatically takes 1d6 points of holy damage per level. Also, he may use the following spell-like abilities: Remove Blindness/Deafness and Remove Disease a number of times per day equal to his Charisma bonus, Neutralize Poison three times per day and Restoration one time a day.

This time around I tried a different approach: while fire is quite straightforward in its modus operandi (burning and then burning some more), water is a tricky little bastard (it's here, it's there, now it's ice and then it's steam). The class and its archetypes should reflect this idea: instead of the uniform, unforgiving abilities of its predecessor, the Water Elementalist gets a wide range of less powerful but more versatile choices.

It should be obvious when comparing Arsonist and Snow Sage, the INT based archetypes. For the Arsonist being smart means having a better range of use for its already existing "I'm going to burn down all of Paris" abilities, but for the Snow Sage it means relying on creativity and terrain mastery. Fight him in an Arena and he's probably going to go down, but give him some time to ready the battlefield and he'll **** you up big time. Anyway, I'll stick around and wait for suggestions, as usual. And some day, as God is my witness, I shall playtest this classes.
    Last edited by Dandria; 2012-04-19 at 07:53 AM.
    "My God you're right"

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, Gnorman, out of curiosity, have you pondered doing classes or archetypes based on Spellshaping?
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL
    D&D is its own momentum and does its own fantasy. It emulates itself in an incestuous mess.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Orc in the Playground

Question on the Magesmith's Greater Archetype Ability: Does it follow the rule of requiring the +1 enchantment before putting abilities on it, or can you imbue the weapon with two +1 equivalents or one +2 equivalent and not have the enhancement bonus?

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

A couple of Tyrant feats:

Spoiler
    Show
    Horde Hoarder [Tyrant]
    Prerequisites

Benefit
    The number of maximum minions you can have at one time increases by +1. The maximum number of minions you can summon per day increases by your Charisma modifier.

Special
    You may take this feat a number of times equal to your base Charisma modifier.

Driving Command [Tyrant]
    Prerequisites

Benefit
    As a Swift, Immediate, Opportunity, Move or Standard Action, you can issue an order to a minion or henchmen you control that can hear and shares a language with you to make a Diplomacy or Intimidation check. If you do, that minion or henchman takes an action of the same type with a morale bonus to all attack, damage, ability and skill check rolls made with that action. This morale bonus is equal to 1 per 5 points of the check result that's greater 10.

Rally the Troops [Tyrant]
    Prerequisites

Benefit
    Once per round you can rally your troops, making a Diplomacy or Intimidation check as a Swift Action. If you do, all minions and henchmen you control that can hear and understand you gain a morale bonus to all attack, damage, ability and skill check rolls and saving throws for 1 round. This morale bonus is equal to 1 per 10 points of the check result.
    Excellent feats. Forgive my lack of work on the Tyrant stuff so far - I've been working on an E6 side project I think you will personally enjoy very much - I'm going to let that be a surprise for now.

And here comes the next elementalist.

This time around I tried a different approach: while fire is quite straightforward in its modus operandi (burning and then burning some more), water is a tricky little bastard (it's here, it's there, now it's ice and then it's steam). The class and its archetypes should reflect this idea: instead of the uniform, unforgiving abilities of its predecessor, the Water Elementalist gets a wide range of less powerful but more versatile choices.

It should be obvious when comparing Arsonist and Snow Sage, the INT based archetypes. For the Arsonist being smart means having a better range of use for its already existing "I'm going to burn down all of Paris" abilities, but for the Snow Sage it means relying on creativity and terrain mastery. Fight him in an Arena and he's probably going to go down, but give him some time to ready the battlefield and he'll **** you up big time. Anyway, I'll stick around and wait for suggestions, as usual. And some day, as God is my witness, I shall playtest this classes.
    Stunning work again, Dandria - I'm looking forward to Earth and Air (and Heart).

Ah, Gnorman, out of curiosity, have you pondered doing classes or archetypes based on Spellshaping?
    I had not, but mostly because I've never actually read about it before. I'll have to delve into it before I could commit to anything. Might be useful as part of my planned Sage redesign, though.

Question on the Magesmith's Greater Archetype Ability: Does it follow the rule of requiring the +1 enchantment before putting abilities on it, or can you imbue the weapon with two +1 equivalents or one +2 equivalent and not have the enhancement bonus?
    The former is correct - it has to have a +1 enhancement bonus before you can give it anything else. You could either have a +2 weapon (still kind of a big deal in E6!) or a +1 flaming sword, for example.

EDIT:

Teasers for my slightly-distracting E6 sideproject! I'm in the process of designing three new classes for use with an adapted version of d20 Modern. Adapted for what, you ask? I'll let the following speak for itself.

Combat Boy/Girl

Stealth Boy/Girl

Science Boy/Girl

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

As I understand it, you are revising the skill structure. Are you also tweaking feats, spells, etc. at a structural level?
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Barbarian in the Playground

snip Fallouty goodness
    Hah, that's pretty cool. Are they going to follow your archetype system like your other classes do?
    The Dude pony avatar by http://supermatt314.deviantart.com/

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    As I understand it, you are revising the skill structure. Are you also tweaking feats, spells, etc. at a structural level?
    It will be a pretty heavy adaptation - skills are being almost completely overhauled to align with Fallout's mode. Feats will be drawn from existing perks. Spells don't exist, though I may reuse some of my engineer inventions (hey, I already put all that work into them... might as well use them for more than one class), and a very rare archetype may develop some rudimentary psychic powers (don't blame me, blame MCA).

I suppose one could just use d20 Modern as is, or use the Fallout PnP, but the former is a bit too complex and doesn't get it quite right (I also find its base classes boring), while the latter is a very, very clumsy system.

Hah, that's pretty cool. Are they going to follow your archetype system like your other classes do?
    Of course - that's like, 90% of the fun for me.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Barbarian in the Playground

snip
    Ah, a skills overhaul. It'll be interesting to see where you go with that, Fallout skills were pretty different.

D20 Modern I've always felt is an interesting base to build from but it has so many little things that I don't like that in order to run it I'd have to houserule it to hell and back. Anyway, E6 would fit it well and Fallout is just a wonderful setting for an RPG.

And good to hear about the archetypes. I think that's my favorite innovation I've seen in you classes.
    The Dude pony avatar by http://supermatt314.deviantart.com/

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

It will be a pretty heavy adaptation - skills are being almost completely overhauled to align with Fallout's mode. Feats will be drawn from existing perks. Spells don't exist, though I may reuse some of my engineer inventions (hey, I already put all that work into them... might as well use them for more than one class), and a very rare archetype may develop some rudimentary psychic powers (don't blame me, blame MCA).
    I was referring to the main project, though that isn't clear in my post. You mentioned skill alteration in the first post.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

I would just like to say that I came out of my internet dwelling just to say how excited this made me.

Thank you.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

Gnorman, I would love to work with you on this d20 modern project. Maybe we can set up some sort of collaboration framework via Google Docs?

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnorman, I would love to work with you on this d20 modern project. Maybe we can set up some sort of collaboration framework via Google Docs?
    Let's talk.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Current revision on the docket: spend a little time with (and TLC on) the Sage, whose flaws are becoming increasingly glaring in my mind.

Now taking any and all ideas and/or suggestions in that arena.

I plan on overhauling the archetypes (expect to see the Polyglot and Tactician in particular vastly overhauled) and the Sage's 5th level ability (which is really just a "add some numbers to other numbers" ability, which I realize is the purest distillation of the game but still not entirely fun).

27. - Top - End - #387
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

This one overlaps a little with the Necromancer

Black Mage Archetype

Vampire

Bonus Spells:
    1: Charm Person, Death Knell
    2: Shroud of Undeath (Magic of Faerun), Spider Climb
    3: Fangs of The Vampire King (Libris Mortis), Gaseous Form
    Capstone SLA: Dominate Person or Enervation

Lesser Archetype Power: Unholy Vigor (Ex)
    You can add your Charisma modifier instead of Constitution for bonus hp, and as a bonus to Fortitude saves. Also add your Charisma as a Natural Armor bonus to your AC.

Moderate Archetype Power: Blood Drain (Ex)
    A vampire can suck blood from a living victim with its fangs by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the vampire gains 5 temporary hit points.

Create Spawn (Su)
    If the vampire drains the victim’s Constitution to 0 or lower with its Blood Drain Ability, the victim returns as an intelligent Zombie (It has its normal mental ability scores, and keeps its alignment, class levels, skills, feats, special attacks and qualities) with the Bloodthirsty Template (LM p173) 1d4 days after burial. The new Zombie is under the command of the vampire that created it and remains enslaved until its master’s destruction. At any given time a vampire may have enslaved Zombies totaling no more than its own Hit Dice; any Zombies it creates that would exceed this limit are created as free-willed Zombies. A vampire may voluntarily free an enslaved Zombie in order to enslave new ones, but once freed, a Zombie cannot be enslaved again.

Greater Archetype Power: Negative Immunity (Ex)
    You become immune to negative energy, level drain and ability drain.

Edit: made some changes suggested by Gnorman
    Last edited by Engorde; 2012-04-17 at 12:17 AM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm, I hadn't even considered the possibility of using monsters as archetypes... but that could work out really well, I think. Good show. I love the concept. May I use it to scheme out a few more archetypes of my own?

As to the specifics: while I think it nails the vampire concept perfectly, there are some abilities I think might be a bit much. Charisma as a bonus to hit points is great, but I think it should be instead of Constitution, rather than in addition to, otherwise we're going to have an extremely hardy mage on our hands (which I realize is appropriate for an undead creature, but doesn't account for their limitations vis-a-vis not having a Constitution score). And I believe Create Spawn should have a smaller ghoul limit - I can see it being abusable on the same scale as Leadership, with the ability to gain 12 intelligent minions with potentially as many class levels as the vampire in question). Also veracity - most vampiric depictions in literature only seemed to have a stable of one or two (Renfield & Lucy spring to mind as the primary example). That's more of a subjective surface argument though, and freely dismissable if you disagree. I would say that a vampire could have, at most, two spawn, and that they cannot control only spawn with hit dice equal to their own hit dice -2 (or lower). Other than those concerns (and Kiss of the Vampire, which is potentially six Enervations in one), I'm sold on the Vampire.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm, I hadn't even considered the possibility of using monsters as archetypes... but that could work out really well, I think. Good show. I love the concept. May I use it to scheme out a few more archetypes of my own?
    I would assume that it's less of an actual monster and more of an emulation of the monster.

Then again, the normal vampire really doesn't have a place in e6, since it's so powerful.

Also, I may be wrong, but at any time, the Vampire could only have 2 level 6 Spawn, since it goes by the standard twice as many hit die, though this may not be what you are referencing.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    I would assume that it's less of an actual monster and more of an emulation of the monster.

Then again, the normal vampire really doesn't have a place in e6, since it's so powerful.
    Well, obviously it's not a real vampire, but it offers a flavorful and effective class progression of one with similar abilities and strengths. I personally think it is a great way to play a monstrous character while still hewing to the system at hand. Imagine an intelligent golem archetype based on the Sentinel chassis, offering spell resistance and damage reduction, for example, or an illithid archetype based on the Empath class. I may make a special "monster" archetype for every class I've got, now that I've been inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    Also, I may be wrong, but at any time, the Vampire could only have 2 level 6 Spawn, since it goes by the standard twice as many hit die, though this may not be what you are referencing.
    According to the wording in the post, "At any given time a vampire may have enslaved Zombies totaling no more than twice its own Hit Dice; any Zombies it creates that would exceed this limit are created as free-willed Zombies".

That would seem to indicate that at level six, it could control twelve Zombies. This may be a case of semantical confusion, but we'd need the archetype's creator to clear that up.

If what was intended was it could only control a number of zombies whose total hit dice cannot exceed twice its own, then my issues with it are significantly less, though that still lets it have two equivalent-level cohorts, which I find to be quite strong.