A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Pokemon: The End Times (IC)

Let the final adventure begin. We set forth to the great undiscovered country from whose bourn, no traveler returns.

The Party
    Spoiler
    Show

Ryan

Milo

Echo

Allen

The sun is beginning to set on Lil' Dipper. Its been a long day, a day not without the usual fare of hardships. You have spent the afternoon brawling with several rival groups- but youve done fairly well; no major injuries, and above all youve kept your pride. Oddly enough however, you did not see your fiercest enemies in the scuffle- The Arbok Army . For years you have feared them worst of all. They are twice the size of every other gang on the island, and ten times as ruthless. Their leader Whitman has most likely personally beat each and every one of you within an inch of your life at some point or another- but not today...

So it seems quite odd that they were absent from such a perfect opportunity to throw their weight around. But, you shake the feeling off. Better that they didnt come, you think, just must have lucked out, you guess. But just as the sun is beginning to set on the ocean horizon, you see the faint outline of a man waiting for you up ahead. He stands in front of one of your known safe houses, leaning up against a post with his arms folded. As you get closer, you notice the vibrant purple bandana he is wearing about his head- definitely a low level Arbok. He looks up at you casually, spits off in one direction, and produces a note from his vest with a chuckle.

Arbok Grunt: From Whitman, heh heh. he drops the note, and it flutters to the fallow earth. He slowly walks away into the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently running: Pokemon: The End Times
    Super Effective Chart

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Pokemon: The End Times (IC)

"What's up, punk?" Echo offers, but the thug is already gone. "Hmph. Typical Arbok." He takes a look down the alleyway, just to make sure they're alone. "Pack of cowards." He stops short of the note and prods it with his heavy boot before stooping over and picking it up.
    Last edited by Sitzkrieg; 2011-10-02 at 08:56 PM.
    Pokemon: Shikoku Region
    OOC IC Marcus Goldwater

Pokemon: The End Times
    OOC IC
    These are my pokemons. Let me show you them.
    Beedrill Gastly Oddish

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Note:

Dregs-

I have a proposition for you. You are invited to meet us at the Snake Pit under a flag of truce. This is not a trick. All of the major gangs will be there at midnight. To not arrive is to sign your own death warrant. We will be speaking on an opportunity to grow more powerful than any of us could ever imagine. An opportunity of...'explosive' proportions.

I will be waiting.

- Whitman
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Super Effective Chart

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ryan stare daggers at the purple banded thug. She folds her arms and says nothing to him. As Echo reads the letter, Ryan reads it over his shoulder and scans it quickly. "Not a trick my *ss. How stupid do they think we are?" Honestly, with all the schemes she's fell victim to by the Arbok Army, this has got to be their weakest attempt yet.
    abcde

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"What do you think, Milo? Allen? Maybe one of you guys could go eastside and talk to the Rats before we head over? I don't want to be there without some backup. They've had our back against Arbok before."
    OOC IC Marcus Goldwater

OOC IC
    Beedrill Gastly Oddish

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Whaaa...? Milo's head pokes up from the tall grass. No need to get tactical about it Echo. We'll head towards the site, and if we don't see every crummy gang in Lil'Dipper auuuugghhhh then we hightail it out of there. Now if you excuse me mmm A miserable dreg like me needs his beauty rest. Milo slinks back into the tall grass. With his eyes closed:If you wanna talk with the Rats, send Allen. He made a better first impression with them than I did...
    Last edited by Renegade Mook; 2011-10-03 at 01:50 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Before even one beat passes, the dark of the road behind you lets loose a voice-

"Speak of the Devil, and he appears"

You turn to see Rourke, leader of the Raticates.

Spoiler
    Show

He looks to the youngest, Allen and winks. "Save ya the trip kid"

He faces the lot of you, his brown hair looking oddly frayed and greying in the dim conditions. His cheek is bruised where Ryan had jabbed him earlier in the day.
    He takes a long deep sigh and produces an identical note. He holds it up in front of his face, as if it were the blood-stained knife just wrenched from his back. "I see we have the same secret admirer. I came as soon as I got it. I figured you F***ing lot would have similar misgivings. F***ing arboks. F***ing Whitman's got venom in his blood." He spits on the ground and lights up a crude country cigarette. "So I figured we'd team up like last year during the harvest...watch eachother's backs ya know?"

He suddenly juts his hand in a rude gesture towards the recumbent Milo- "And you- 'lazy ass', don't take anything I say as friendship. You still owe me a rematch you f***. Once this is over, I'm bashing your bleached head right the f*** in."
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Super Effective Chart

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well good to see you're as cheery as ever Rourke. Yeah I guess we can team up and pretend to be buds for this little shindig. After all, it's the snake pit we're heading to."
    I fish. It feeds the family.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Sounds good, Rourke. We'll head over a little before midnight. If it stinks, we'll let you know and get out. If not, your boys'll still have our back. Keep an eye out. Yeh?" Echo lights a cigarette of his own. "But if one of your raggedy s**ts punks out on us, you won't even get a shot at Milo, cause we'll take you down so hard they gonna have to find the pieces before they sew you up."
    Last edited by Sitzkrieg; 2011-10-03 at 09:02 AM.
    OOC IC Marcus Goldwater

OOC IC
    Beedrill Gastly Oddish

10. - Top - End - #10

RangerGuy

The girl looks up at Rourke and admires the dark purple bruise on his face. One of my better shots, thank you very much, she congratulates herself. In a world dominated by gang fights, each battle becomes sport. At the end of the day, the four partners replay their best plays in their minds, brag about their biggest hits, and place bets on the next day's events. Ryan takes out a cigarette of her own. She hadn't wanted one earlier, but she was a slave to that pungent smell. After bumming a light off Echo, she takes a drag, then asks Rourke, "So what'a you guys think this means, if it's not a trap? The hell does 'explosive' mean?"
    abcde

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Without answering Ryan, he continues to stare down the one who just challenged the pride of the Rumbling Raticates. Finally a smirk breaks. Machismo little ****"Heh heh, quite a loud echo out here- my boys will come through better than you lot ever could. And the s**t between punk-ass milo and me,"
    he points a sole finger at Echo "That aint any of your goshdarn business."

Rourke takes a long drag on his cig and then snuffs it out with the sole of his boot. He doesnt quite look at Ryan, but turns his shiner in her general direction. He's pretty sure she catches his drift, he can't quite face her- not out of embarrassment, no its a proud mark- the pain and anger is just too fresh from the wound. Yet he offers a few words.

"That crazy bastard is threatening to kill anyone who don't show up, who knows what outlandish s*** is running through his head.

He pauses a moment to really think on the matter. Suddenly his eyes perk up a bit, as if he has hit upon an inkling.

"That a**hole Whitman has had grandiose ambition since before you were born. Several times in the past hes talked about uniting the gangs under one banner...making a real go at become a major power in Astra. He always has some scheme going or another- but it always falls through.

He begins to gesture with his hands.
    "I mean does he think we can take on the Rockets? S**t is unreal. We aint got no pokemon. We got broken bottles and baseball bats- that s**t aint gonna fly- and yet he leaves no room for doubt.
    A**hole. If this is another one of those goes...well let's just say this is gonna be one hell of a night. Last time it happened was about a decade ago- started one of the big pushes like the old days. And by the end...

Rourke looks down at his empty hands "Hell"

He shakes his head before anyone can react and plasters as content a look as he can muster on his solemn features.
    "Well, f**k it. These big fights have to happen every couple of years or so- cleans out the bad blood...Do you gents need anything else, or can I let you get back to jerking each other off?"
    Last edited by Red Mage; 2011-10-03 at 05:49 PM.
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Super Effective Chart

12. - Top - End - #12

RangerGuy

Not surprisingly, Ryan lets the violent comments towards her friends go. Ten years roaming these streets and dealing with these gangs have taught her that words like this are simply their way of saying hello. They don't mean anything. However, Ryan's eyebrows wrinkle together in anger when Rourke says "before you were born." She hates when people talk to her like that. She's not a f*cking baby.
    abcde

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rourke, you pull through and I'll move that rematch to the first open block in my day-planner. Yeesh, why are people so sensitive? -and give my regards to Arthur that putz. Milo rolls over and falls into a catatonic slumber.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Echo flashes a grin at Milo. Even Echo, with all the time he spent around Milo, could never figure out if he actually slept all the time, or was just putting on an act. "I think we're good here, Rourke. We'll see you at midnight. Your boys are packing heavy, yeh?"
    OOC IC Marcus Goldwater

OOC IC
    Beedrill Gastly Oddish

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

"Cocky sonvabitch"

Rourke gives a simple nod to Echo and heads back into the shadow from whence he came.

Spoiler
    Show
    Make any preparations you wish to make, and when all players have posted, we will assume you scout out the snake-pit shortly before midnight.
    Last edited by Red Mage; 2011-10-11 at 02:12 AM.
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Super Effective Chart

16. - Top - End - #16

RangerGuy

Ryan takes another long drag from her cigarette. "Guess we're going, eh Echo?" She doesn't look at him. Her eyes, hidden by her cap, continue to look across the cityscape through slits. "Sounds like a bad idea to me. But whatever. Your funeral." She halves her cigarette and puts it back in the box. Ryan throws her hands back behind her head, causing her long dyed-green hair to fall out. The hair stretches down from brown roots. She dyed it around the time she met the three boys she's with now. It's rarely ever out of her hat, so it's messy and disheveled.
    Last edited by Hefty Lefty; 2011-10-04 at 09:01 PM.
    abcde

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

When the Rat leaves, Echo crumples up the note and lights it with the tip of his cigarette. He watches flames lick up the sides and tosses it into the gutter. The greasy smell of smoldering plastic fills the darkening city streets."C'mon guys, it's getting late. We'll talk about it inside." He heads into the safehouse, the broken-into basement of an abandoned pokemart, and grabs some wrapped pastries from the cardboard box they'd been using as a doorstop. The box had fallen off the back of a truck a few weeks ago, and was thankfully still half full. He drops onto the beat up couch and starts eating.
    Last edited by Sitzkrieg; 2011-10-04 at 06:06 PM.
    OOC IC Marcus Goldwater

OOC IC
    Beedrill Gastly Oddish

18. - Top - End - #18

RangerGuy

"Look, if you're down for an all-night bruising, go ahead." Ryan follows Echo hurriedly down the stairs and sits on the other end of his couch. She jumps on the top of the back cushion with one foot on the seat and one on the armrest. "You see, I'd rather stay here, eat my Vanilla Cakes, and not get beat up for no reason like an idiot." After raising her voice, she quickly collects herself and gives a sassy face. "But hey that's just me." She tears off the plastic wrapper to the crew's snack-of-choice. It soft, cold, and delicious. The food they eat rarely has this much sugar; it's almost too sickening to eat. Almost.
    Last edited by Hefty Lefty; 2011-10-04 at 06:23 PM.
    abcde

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Echo finishes chewing. "You know it's about more than that, Ryan." His second pastry is forgotten in his hands. "I think Whitman's right. We're never going to get anywhere if we just keep fighting like this. Do you remember Mack? Back when we were kids? Or Whitey? Rudder? They're dead, Ryan. Or gone. We don't have anyone but each other and most of us are scared to go around the block. When was the last time you saw a kid?" His face clenches slightly, something only his best friends would notice. "If someone wants to take charge, to get everybody working together again, I think we should give it a shot."
    Last edited by Sitzkrieg; 2011-10-04 at 07:13 PM.
    OOC IC Marcus Goldwater

OOC IC
    Beedrill Gastly Oddish

20. - Top - End - #20

RangerGuy

Why would he bring them up? What an *ss. The names set Ryan on fire. "Yeah if we can trust them. But we can't." She throws her hands out in front of her in protest. "They're literally the people we trust the least. Look," She emphasizes her words with violent head nods, "I think what you say Whitman wants to do is right. Or good. Whatever. But do we know him as someone who would do that? No way. So do I think bringing everyone together is a good idea? Yes. Is Whitman going to do that? No. Is tonight anything but trouble? No." She arches an eyebrow and takes another bite of her treat.
    Last edited by Hefty Lefty; 2011-10-04 at 09:11 PM.
    abcde

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

-but if worse comes to worst, we can always vaaaammmmoooose! Milo slides down the old basement railing and limps into theatrical bow. Tatatatadah! Remember me? *clop clop* A Jade Monkey went medieval on *clop* my leg when he found I had nothing worth mugging for He smirks You'll find out all about it tonight. Hopefully my leg'll heal for then... ... *clop clop* Scootch over Ryan...-quick, I can't wait on this leg. With his wiry arms trembling Milo shifts his body onto the couch, his face returning to a pleasant peach color.

I'm on board with Ryan here. Pardon my eavesdropping, it's hard not to overhear voices at that volume. You're usually the cleverest about things like this Echo, why can't you see what a bum move this thing is? You talk cooperation under the Arboks. Cooperation...it's just a fancy word for being a chump. I'm all for peace and harmony but as soon as things go south we'd be the ones to take the fall, like pawns in their little checkers game! How could you possibly-! Milo reddens a bit. Gazing at the ceiling, his rhythm becomes a little less deliberate. Look, I'm not one of those saps who gives a hoot for dignity...but if it comes to kowtowing or leaving town, our odds of survival are probably better running with our tails between our legs.

huhhhhhyeeesh! I'm blowing a lot of hot air. Heh, you can see I had a lot of time to think things over as I was limping along the merry street. But it's probably uuuuuuuuhhhhwww a crummy set up anyway...what do you think Allen?
    Last edited by Renegade Mook; 2011-10-04 at 11:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Allen just listened in on his friends as they talked over the current situation. He didn't exactly want to go this little event (he saw the benefits and possible cons if they chose not to attend). Allen wasn't really much of a fighter himself either, and he only fell in with this group because he gave each some extra rations from his parent's farm. What started as a simple deal between bully and rich (if you can call having some extra food rich) kid eventually became friendship. And now here Allen was, at another crossroads that could see his friends get hurt for his sake.
    "Well I think we should at least find out what they want. If Arbok's wanted to set a trap, you'd think it would be less obvious, and we could just run away if it gets too hairy. I won't be able to do much if a fight does break out though so it's entirely up to you guys."
    Allen grabs a pastry, saving it for his younger sister later. He could always just grab a carrot for himself later.
    I fish. It feeds the family.

23. - Top - End - #23

RangerGuy

Ryan's eyebrows raise when she hears Allen's voice. He's usually so quiet and doesn't say anything. She's always feels afraid for him during fights, seeing as how he's so young, and because of this she has mixed feelings when he admits he isn't the best fighter. What he says confirms her beliefs, but at least he knows his limitations. He brings up a good point, though. Whittman isn't stupid enough to expect this to work. Maybe he has a point. A slight "Hmph" is all the confirmation Allen will get on his idea despite the girl beginning to agree.
    abcde

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Echo is getting a little grumpy. "Well, we'll see tonight. If it's a setup, we'll just run. But it's better to see what Whitman's got tonight, when everyone's there, then to wait til he brings it to us." He messes around with the little cupcake in his hands, somewhat sheepishly. He's done with speeches for today. "Milo, how's that leg? You're still good to run, right?"
    OOC IC Marcus Goldwater

OOC IC
    Beedrill Gastly Oddish

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

An brief earnest smile crosses Milo's face. Stupid runt overestimated his ability to turn my leg into a bloody pulp. Don't look pretty, but it's really nothing more than a sprained ouch ankle. Should be fine by nightfall. The kid was lucky he caught me without my toothbrush. Out of his pockets, Milo produces an aquamarine toothbrush honed into a shiv. Can you believe I left this in the cache? Of all the stupid mistakes to make... With an exasperated sigh, Milo thoughts turn inward, awaiting nightfall.
    Last edited by Renegade Mook; 2011-10-05 at 12:48 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Pokemon: The End Times (IC)

With lively conversation, the hours pass quickly. Soon the dusk-light weaving through the cracks wanes to the empty black of all too familiar menace. It approaches 23:30- it will take you a bit to get to the north of the island where the snake-pit sits waiting.

The snake-pit is a cave hollowed out long ago by lapping inlet waves of ancient days. It was here before the world died around it, and it will remain long after any of you go. The journey is tough; getting there takes guile, as well as knowledge of the terrain- but you have these qualities in spades. You avoid the main paths and stick to the overgrown- eyes peeled for the tall grass that may bring you closer to your maker.

You are on the last stretch, when suddenly, up ahead on he adjoining road, you see several shadows mingling with the night. The star-light traces the silhouette of four men, one turned to the other three. As you deftly approach you can pick up faint conversation....

"No...no...I can handle it...no it's ok...they're reliable...just f*cking trust me."

"No Mistakes"

You dare to get a little closer...and one of the three men facing away from you turns sharply- aware of your presence. With a wave of his hand he scatters the trio of shadows and they vanish as if gone forever. But a lone figure remains, standing his ground, reaching for something in his coat...

You spring into action and steel yourselves to end this quickly before it gets ugly- but your conditioned nerves move faster than your senses- for as you approach with fire in your veins- you realize that Rourke stands before you on this lonely road.

He eases and breathes a sigh of relief.
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Super Effective Chart

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Relax, Rat. It's just us. What are you doing here so early? Where are the rest of you?"
    OOC IC Marcus Goldwater

OOC IC
    Beedrill Gastly Oddish

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

"They're fine- they are in position-

He looks around frantically, still sweating bullets- his sober features stretched into a silent pained internal scream. He looks back at you- he seems to be choking on his words...not quite sure of what is right to say...or reveal...finally he makes a decision-

"Look, the plans changed," he waves you very close. His hands are unsteady. A stranger may not have noticed, but you know Rourke too well to know something is severely wrong in the world.
    "You come with me right now...you hear me? You stay right on my a** and you follow me- got it? The situation has changed...."

He seems to be searching for his voice again- eyes darting to and fro.

"There are rumors that Team Rocket is on the island...and...and...ther-...

you just need to trust me when I say I need you to come with me- am I clear?

He turns now to Milo especially, and grabs him by the shoulder unexpectedly.

"Whats done is done. Its forgotten right this ****ing minute. My scars, your scars, they don't matter in the face of this. We have to survive- we have to move quickly. "
    Last edited by Red Mage; 2011-10-05 at 02:14 AM.
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Super Effective Chart

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

His voice is shaky, but desperate and sincere. His eyes are bloodshot and hollow, but Milo feels a great unspeakable concern in his stare- not just for himself, not just for milo, but a concern for the sake of all mankind.
    Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Super Effective Chart

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

What could this mean That's bull, Rourke. Why would they come to a rinky dink island like this. Quickly, Milo positions himself between Rourke and the gloom. We can't let whatever's out there get to him. His left hand tightens around the grip of his aluminum batSpill it Rourke. What do you know about this.
    Last edited by Renegade Mook; 2011-10-05 at 02:07 AM.