New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XII: Frostburns Are For Free

[Members Quarters - Kirk's Room]

Dena smiles amused and kisses Kirk again as she relaxes in his arms. "The 'lady' does in fact want some snuggles." The drow's hairband have probably been removed at this point so her hair is all over Kirk. As they lay there in each others arms Dena have another subject to handle. "So where am I on your list? Right between the succubus and that 'friend' of yours?"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk looks very much like a deer caught in the headlights for just a second. This is what you get for having so many curtainous relationships, Kirk! "Uh, I don't really keep a list. But if I did, I'm sure you'd be very high on it." He punctuates with an attempted kiss. Hopefully that was a good answer. =x

3. - Top - End - #213

Silly Kirk, there are no good answers to these questions.

Dena however isn't out to get Kirk (this time at least) so she just returns the kiss and then giggles at Kirk's reaction. "Don't worry about it, I know your kind. Was kind of surprised let me into your room though, underneath your skin as to speak. Most people like to keep a distance."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

"I never knew you could do this sort of thing and not be personal. Besides, I have nothing to hide." Though, Kirk isn't revealing a lot by showing her his room. It's rather spartan. Just the few essential pieces of furniture, a laptop on the bedside table, a dresser than's mostly empty. He probably only uses the room for sleeping. Then again, he hasn't been at NO long either.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Room]

Dipsnig steps inside, whistling. He intends to poke and prod the members to go perform some jobs should he meet them. Viima is padding behind him, idly gnawing on her new chew toy all the while.
    Ordo's sitting nearby, wrapping himself in a hug, teeth actually chattering a little. "Goddamn, Dipsnig, is the heat still working in here?" Of course it is.

The goblin might note a strange, dangly bracelet around Ordo's wrist. How odd.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig raises his eyebrows. As far as I know, yeah. Are you sure you didn't catch anything?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #217

"Yes, I'm sure." Ordo snaps a little, rocking back and forth just to get a little motion. "Y-you got a job?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

There's a couple. Written on the notice board as always. Which is to say, in the first post of the thread. What's with the bracelet, by the way? I've never seen you in jewelry before. Needless to say, it's confusing.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #219

"I got it from, uh, Ms. G. You know anyone named Ms. G?" Ordo looks at the strange artifact and sighs.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig looks surprised. Never heard of him before. Why would he send you a bracelet? Weird. You sure it's not cursed, booby-trapped or anything?

11. - Top - End - #221

"Uh, Missus, boss. It's a she. Maybe I got a secret admirer." Ordo says, still shivering a little. At the mention of booby-traps and curses, the psion looks at his wrist again. "Wait a minute." After some deliberation, he pulls it off his wrist, staring at the dangling charms. Ordo exhales deeply. "I'm not cold now. Son of a bitch." Confusion and anger are evident in his voice.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig scowls. So... someone sent you a bracelet that makes you feel cold. Any idea why? Maybe you stepped on someone's toes?

13. - Top - End - #223

"Not that I remember. But I haven't be doin' so well remembering lately." Ordo holds his head and sighs, thinking a little. "Well, I can probably do a job for you boss, but I wanna look around for this 'G.' person. Maybe check the taverns." He looks at the job board.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

You're in luck. One of the jobs involves visiting three catering establishments. Dipsnig motions to the board.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-10-31 at 02:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Ordo squints. "Wait, all I have to do is check if they sell tea? Like, Trogs, or somewhere in particular?" The psion looks at his employer.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Tony's Teas, Tal's Tea and Bones and The Troll's Tea Off. We need to prove they serve tea. Dipsnig shrugs. Don't ask me why. But I think it'll be an easy enough job.

17. - Top - End - #227

"Arright. Fine. Easy enough." Ordo starts toward the front door, shivering when he opens it. "I need a car." He grumbles, shortly before transforming into an eagle and taking off into the sky.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #228

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"I never knew you could do this sort of thing and not be personal. Besides, I have nothing to hide." Though, Kirk isn't revealing a lot by showing her his room. It's rather spartan. Just the few essential pieces of furniture, a laptop on the bedside table, a dresser than's mostly empty. He probably only uses the room for sleeping. Then again, he hasn't been at NO long either.

Dena smiles, "No secrets eh? Well, tell me about the succubus then? Did she try to steal your soul?"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm still here, aren't I?" Kirk says, a smug smile on his face once again. "Stealing my soul would mean she'd have to kill me, and you just found out why no woman would ever want to do that."

20. - Top - End - #230

Dena chuckles, "What? No more details? I paid gold for that meeting damn it!" She get's a mischievous smile on her face. "So have you been using that dice you won by the way?"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

"I never kiss and tell... much." Kirk idly fiddles with Dena's hair, winding it around his fingers. "Hm, I haven't got much of a chance to use it recently. I should try it again sometime."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

((Okay, big self-RP coming. I wanted to retcon Trix being an Orange LANTERN, but she's gone her whole lifespan without retcons or plot-clones, so I decided to actually end it this way instead.))

Spoiler
    Show
    [Kitchen]

Trix's enters the kitchen. It's been a long time since she returned to this haunt, gorging herself stupid on the food in the shelves and the fridge... and why not? It was hers, right? Everything is. She licks her lips with her long black tongue, reaching out to grab from the bowl of fruit in front of her with an avaricious hunger. The sound of smacking lips and the wet crunching of apples, oranges and any fruit she can get her hands on soon fills the air as the bowl is swiftly emptied by the ravenous half-demon.

She pauses. What is she doing? She was never like this before this ring, was she? Absorbing food by the truckload, stealing everything she can get her hands on... and getting so angry when someone else wanted what she wanted. It threw her into danger. Somewhere at the back of her mind, she remembers those simpler times, when she stuck to the shadows. She remembers when she kept away from crowds and danger. What happened? Why did she start caring so much about this damn city and all the possessions its people carry?

WHEN I REALIZED IT WAS MINE.

The ring on her right hand pulses with an orange glow. That's right... she deserves all those things, doesn't she? That's why she steals whatever she can, right? Because it's hers. Everything is HERS.

But... no. No! It's this damn ring! These aren't her thoughts! She never thought like this before! Why can't she take it off? Why did she never take it off when she knew it was making her do things? When it makes her act on impulses rather than allow her to carefully consider her thoughts? She has to get rid of it - she has to get rid of it before she hurts anyone, or before she dies... and yet...

Trix reaches her left hand out to the ring on her right. Slowly and laboriously, as if the movement was being resisted by some invisible force. She strains, gritting her teeth as the ring pulses in her vision. Her hands starts to shake.

And then she pulls it away, gasping in what is almost physical pain.

She can't do it. She's not strong enough. She can't...

A tear runs down her face, as she looks around in desperation. Why was she never strong enough? She wasn't strong enough then - not strong enough to save her brother. Not strong enough to face the other. Not strong enough to tell her parents. She had run away. She always ran away. That's who she was. A coward. A weakling. She would never stop running, and she would always be a slave to forces beyond her control. She shakes between sobs, biting her lip as her own mind seems to tear itself apart.

You.

Are.

Nothing.

She opens her eyes.

No. No more. With a burst of strength and anger, fueled by her despair, she swings her hand around. Pulling a long and heavy knife from the holder on the bench, she doesn't give herself any time to think as she brings it down.

There is a slam on the counter. Dead silence.

And then she falls back to the floor, crying out in pain... leaving the ring - and her fingers - behind.

23. - Top - End - #233

"I would be careful though, I bought the set I had from a dire camel who apparently got some unlucky rolls. I would say I might even miss you if you turned into a hideous beast by the die." Dena replies as she strokes Kirk's chest slowly with her index finger.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitchen

CB-484 rolls over to the kitchen. He heard sounds of pain, and accidents tend to happen in the kitchen.

Oh, look at that. Someone went and cut her fingers off. CB rolls over and uses his medical scanner. He tries to find if she is still conscious, what she is, and how important it is that she gets medical attention.

The fingers, and ring, go unnoticed.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

As the robot rolls up to Trix, who is lying against the back wall of the kitchen crying and breathing much too fast in her shock and pain, the ring on the counter glows. It shoots up into the air, and sails away with a streak of orange - off to find one more worthy of its powers.

Trix is too distracted by the pain to be glad that it is gone just yet, but her mind is certainly far less muddled than it was under its malign influence. Had she not had to take herself by surprise and cut off several of her fingers to do it, she might be a lot happier right now.

The robot will not be resisted in any attempts to help her.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitchen

CB is a five foot tall blue cylander with four eyes and five arms. Two of these arms end in small, dextrous hands, one in a blade, one in a needle and one in a claw.

He is a creepy robot.

"Get this woman into the infirmary. Now."

Two clockwork penguins try to follow the order out, putting Trix on a stretcher and taking her to the infirmary if she does not resist.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Trix does not resist, clutching at her missing fingers and gritting her teeth. Through the pain, she's... almost quietly proud of herself. Her one and only act of bravery, and it was against herself. Against the worst parts of herself... and she won.

Though she doesn't have a head to really think about it like that yet.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitchen to infirmary

CB will move Trix to the infirmary, and sedate her. The strong anesthetic should put her under, and then CB can treat the wounds.

Severed fingers are easy to treat. Should be, anyway. No replacements, yet. Just stopping the bleeding and stabilizing the patient.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

And so, Trix falls into an anesthetics-induced sleep, and she will likely soon be fixed up so she doesn't bleed to death or anything. It's not much, of course - she's still missing her fingers, after all - but It'll be enough for now.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

"Would you now? Isn't that sweet. You care." Kirk tries to roll her on top of him and kiss her again. It's far more lustful than his words suggest it should be. Not that that should be terribly surprising.