New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Having a drink with yourself

So imagine this, you are in a bar and in the bar is every single character you've made who (by the same magic that placed them there) are aware just what they are and who you are to them.
    What would you do? Is there anything you would want to talk to them about? Anything you think they would want to ask you?

Or do you think they would just be freaked out over the fact that the bar is populated with several dozen clones of the same person?
    Last edited by BiblioRook; 2011-10-12 at 01:35 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Having a drink with yourself

Well, running is kinda useless against someone with spellcasting... and attack dogs...

So I'd probably beg for mercy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Half will probably gladly drink with me, the other half will probably ask me why I made them so miserable, or attack me...

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Most of the characters I make are Munchkins and non-good, so I'd get out of there ASAP.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Considering most of my characters are hyperactive Good types who were designed specifically to be fun to be around...

That'd be awesome.

Especially the three godling characters.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

6. - Top - End - #6

For me, I imagine there wouldn't actually be much drinking going on... due to the bar being full of birds (surely there's a heath code violation there somewhere).

Edit: Actually that's not that accurate, the bird thing is probably more just a more recent development. It's odd now that I think about it considering how much I like animals and how many Rangers I used to play but how seldom I bothered for the animal companion option.

As a whole I've treated my characters well, so I doubt there would be much bad blood.
    Last edited by BiblioRook; 2011-10-12 at 02:00 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

ElfRogueGirl

*counts* So between the less-than-completely sane assassin twins, the half dozen rogues, a few more assassins, three half dragons, four full dragons, six deities (dragons...), the batsh*t insane ghost druid, the quite living, far more sane but much more xenophobic druid, the wizard with a love for setting things on fire and several handfuls of other characters (less developed/not worth thinking of/etc.)... I'll go have a drink with the two necromancers that are actually fairly civilized people and pray the assassins haven't gotten to far into their drinking since they get stabby.... come to think of it, same goes for at least two of the above mentioned deities.. and another one don't need a reason what-so-ever...

I'd run... but really running just means I'll die tired.

(The joys of being a hobby writer on top of a role player... some characters are meant to be overpowered....)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Hmm ok... lets see here. Not counting characters from my early days. A priest of Asmodeus, a charming romantic warrior, a faithless blacksmith mercenary, a mischievous scoundrel, a mighty dwarven zworda warrior, a nature wizard, a werewolf warrior and now a friggin' dragon.

Yeah I'd get out before the tavern gets destroyed. A shame though, a lot of those characters are good people (only the first and last are evil).
    Black text is for sarcasm, also sincerity. You'll just have to read between the lines and infer from context like an animal

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mostly, I'm concerned about the statute of limitations. I notice a distinct lack of "D&D characters" or even "gaming characters." So there'd be superheroes, and all sorts of different video game builds, and all sorts of characters from short stories and even a few poems.

Honestly, I wouldn't be worried. There's enough superheroes in there and a pretty distinct lack of high-powered awful people (maybe one of my Shepards as the most dangerous 'bad guy', and it's not like a renefemshep is going to start shooting up civvies for creating her).

Talk about awkward, though.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TSED View Post
    Mostly, I'm concerned about the statute of limitations. I notice a distinct lack of "D&D characters" or even "gaming characters." So there'd be superheroes, and all sorts of different video game builds, and all sorts of characters from short stories and even a few poems.
    Very true. If we include video games, well, I and the whole world are probably screwed. Especially if you include playable characters from non-rpgs. I mean, even just the Katamari guy has massive potential for destruction. And even if we include only CRPGs, I recently bought one where you play Cthulhu.

Now, if you only include gaming characters...Well, considering I have DMed in the past, that means all my BBEGs would be there, so I'm still screwed. I'd be fairly safe if you included just PCs, however, since the good ones would far outnumber the evil ones and the evil ones generally aren't the type to start a barroom brawl.

I guess I would probably spend most of my time begging them to take me with them. I mean, presumably they'd be real on some level in this scenario, so it could theoretically be possible. I'd give anything to be in a world where I had made some meaningful difference, even if it was a fictional one.

11. - Top - End - #11

I would certainly run for my life.

All characters with unhappy childhoods or hideous defacements would blame me for it.

12. - Top - End - #12

I'm so very, very dead. I think.

I mean, between the angel, the many Eladrin, the gold dragon, the two Lillendi, the Pixie Summer Knight, the Pixie Sorcerer, the pixie sorcerer and the Einherjar bard on one side and the three vampires, two devils, the arcanaloths, the epic mercenary-binder and the Rakshasa-Lich...

Yeah. Hopefully, my collection of rogues, bards, ninjas and swordsages could sneak me out before the battle started.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2011-10-12 at 04:07 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #13

NinjaGuy

I'd ask for a heal spell or cure disease spell to try and be rid of my allergies; some gold, some future tech to sell to a multi-million dollar company or five...

And then maybe invite one of them back to my place after the drinks are done. (Opposite gender one, of course!)
    Last edited by Crossblade; 2011-10-12 at 04:21 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

A cross between abject terror and unbridled ambition...
    My epic wizard might start a debate about deterministic universes and the implications of time travel on that structure, but would most likely ignore something "merely human", depending of course on the continuity. Alternate Universe versions will likely give a hearty slap on the back, offer an ale and spend the night laughing and carousing while looking for metagame advice in a good natured way.
    I'd try to go ignored by my transhumanist artificer who's thanks for allowing him to surpass his limitations would be to "make me better" though the many applications of grafting and polymorph
    I'd probably start up a conversation with the barkeep, a mad god who knows all the secrets, provided anything he says makes sense
    The nihilist warlock/ur-priest would likely have some rather pointed things to say about interference with free will. pointed burning things. I hide behind the barkeep.
    The rogue? Well he'd probably be busy running a scam and trying to sell the barkeep his own ale.
    Never having played anyone good (aside from Alt Universe/Pre face-heel turn lichdom CG wizard) i'd have very few real allies. But confronted with the evidence of supernatural occurrence and possible ascension, I'd try to get into the wizard's good graces. Or the god's. Depending on what threat each one feels the others pose to his goals, I'd get the heck out before a bar full of reality warpers goes critical. (Or hide behind the barkeep)
    Last edited by DoctorGlock; 2011-10-12 at 04:49 AM.
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm... Lots of clerics, wizards and sorcs. A few rangers, a couple artificers and one barbarian gish that I'd be more than happy to meet face to face. Heck, even my evil halfling wizard wasn't too bad. Just gotta keep him away from orphanages.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Having started playing only a while ago, and having a hard time playing jerks, I'd have a pretty good time. Wildshape ranger, nice Cleric guy, Binder woman in a PbP that never got past the first bit of dialogue, A Brawler who punches orcs in the face. Hard. But he's a pretty cool guy anyway. The warblade who got resurrected at third level and had an awesome rescue-my-bros scene, despite having no backstory whatsoever. He'd be pretty chill. And my current favorite guy, Obidiah the halfling warlock/gunsmith.

TL;DR I'd be ok, unless they blamed me for giving one or two of them some pretty painful backstories. Like, you know, almiost being hacked to death by their fiancees.
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

Actually, I think I had one or two chaotic good elven mages. But they were under level five so they wouldn't be able to protect me against all the savage barbarians and greedy rogues.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

.... damn I don't know what would happen I have characters all across the alignment spectrum and while I try to avoid Angsty backstories some will definitely be mad a me... Though seeing how D&D Dusk react to ABF Dusk would be amusing to say the least...
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

I would announce myself as their creator and god, and make plans for us to trample all of creation under our feet.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Well, the suave drug dealer I would have a drink with.

The monk with no eyes and a life-draining curse might punch me. Hard.
    Bearpunch Gunsmoke
    Dungeoning Dragons. All day. Every day.
    Thanks so much to Eruantion for my awesome Gith Monk avatar!

21. - Top - End - #21

Oh god. I just remembered a few earlier characters. The Talenta halfling barbarian who had his soul stolen as part of his backstory, the human mercenary, the exiled elf prince...

Yeah. There's a few in there I'd like to meet, but those are a minority.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

I wouldn't be too scared about my life, considering the only super-evil character in there, despite having godlike powers, would most likely try to seduce me and promise me the crown of King of the Multiverse.

And considering most of them would be spellcasters (plus some ToB-ers and bards), we'd start working on a Tippyverse.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    I would announce myself as their creator and god, and make plans for us to trample all of creation under our feet.
    .... this... just this.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by TSED View Post
    Mostly, I'm concerned about the statute of limitations. I notice a distinct lack of "D&D characters" or even "gaming characters." So there'd be superheroes, and all sorts of different video game builds, and all sorts of characters from short stories and even a few poems
    Well I assumed RP characters was implied (considering the forum), but that being said there are superhero settings so I see no reason why they wouldn't be included.

I only really have one 'superhero' character under my belt, who actually also was the only character of mine of the opposite gender. She was also a 12 year old girl who was protected by a large raven (who was much more player character worthy then she was, and I played it appropriately). She was pretty cheerful and xenophilic though so I imagine she would have a ball with the situation.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

They would probably have respect for me but hate me with a passion. Especially my RIFTS characters (if they weren't already killing each other)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hmm...interesting idea. Pretty sure all my characters have something to ask me, so in order:

The monk: How come I kept accidentally getting shot by the rogue?

The mercenary: Why did you put me in a Druid party when I'm phobic of shapeshifters?!?!

The Halfling paladin: How come we never finished the adventure?

The half-celestial cleric: Why did you make my backstory a complete setup for disaster and despair?

The half-elf witch: ...actually, she'd probably just shatter my mug as a prank..

Other than that, it'd be a party :)

27. - Top - End - #27

"You sick bastard, why did you make me open that chest with the acid trap on it? How could you not know it was trapped? Who just leaves a chest out like that in the middle of a non-descript room? Were you dropped as a child?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, let's see. The synad kineticist would probably ask me why I gave him a problem with determining human gender, but other than that, we'd get along fine. The dude's cool.

The Dire Lion primeval would probably be sitting off alone with his his animal companions. Nobody bothers a guy with a cheetah and a lion, a 5 charisma, and a short fuse.

The aquatic war blade would be in some sort of bucket of water, since he can't breathe on air. He'd be friendly, but not particularly interested.

The silverbrow bardblade would ask me why I retconned his name halfway through building. Not much else to say, really.

The pyrokineticist and I would be best buddies, obviously; I modeled him off of myself, and this account is named for him.

And last, but not least, the anthropomorphic bear.

The bar-song-singing, vodka-drinking, party member-and-anvil-wielding, pimp hat-wearing anthropomorphic bear.

I'm going to leave it there.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Does it count if you didn't get to play them? If it didn't, I'd probably stay because I only got to play about 3 or 4 characters, and they were sane enough they wouldn't destroy the tavern.

30. - Top - End - #30

Well firstly I wouldn't drink, since I had an assassin who poisoned just about everything he touched (and sometimes things he didn't touch). Though I can see most of the crowd getting along all the little differences would build up and....I can see the more aggressive characters starting fights.