New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

[Eastside - Streets]

It doesn't appear that there will be any interruptions.

"Thank you." Ilpholin says as they get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital]

The vampire smiles at her. "Let's get you fixed up." Presumably they get her taken somewhere to get fixed up. The hospital has both mundane and magical methods, often used to complement each other.

[Exbourne Manor - Ramiro's Office]

Ramiro regards her calmly. damn is he good at keeping calm when he has every reason not to be. "Because you just started working for me. It was important that we kept Rot's presence a secret to as many people as possible." The vampire frowns, letting some of his displeasure on his face finally. "It seems that it didn't matter."

3. - Top - End - #933
    Troll in the Playground

Ramiro's Office

Rico comes in, after brushing a lot of dirt off of him, and throwing the petrified Rot arm down on the ground. "Valente. **** traitor."

He's available to be questioned, of course, but don't you dare try to make him into my PC!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ogre in the Playground

Exbourne Manor - Ramiro's Office

Mouse sits down heavily in her chair, rubbing her temples. "Maybe I deserved that, but you didn't even have him chained down or in a properly secured room. You had him in a room with a window. A window!!!The Drow might not have gotten him, but he's still gone. What if Gordon and AMEN learn of this and seek retribution?" She pauses when she hears Valente's status and gives a groan. This was a security nightmare.

"And now we have a traitor. You didn't give him the security codes or anything, did you?" She probably should have more respect for Ramiro than to ask that, but given what just happened, she's not ignoring the possibility of stupidity.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

Ramiro scowls and abruptly stands. He's an imposing man, quite tall along with being so large. "You will address me with the respect that is my due. Do you understand me?"

The vampire sits down again, instantly calm. "He was going to be made more secure, but we have only had him for a short time." Not to mention OoC reasons. "As for Valente... He was low ranking and privy to little information. I can't explain his betrayal. It's so sudden. We will have to question Maria and Astrana when she returns."

The vampire looks at the arm lying on the ground. "Have that put in a secure location. We may be able to use it."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-11-21 at 08:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Exbourne Manor - Ramiro's Office

Mouse closes her eyes, properly chastised. She gives a slight nod, knowing that she's crossed a line. "Won't happen again, Sir. I apologize, but I'm still somewhat keyed up and annoyed with the fight. I supposed the important matter is finding out what took Rot that neither us, nor the Drow expected." She says in a much calmer and more respectful tone.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital]

Ilpholin gets taken somewhere to get fixed up! That'll take a while, so I suppose it's either going to the post-op small talk or handwaving and player waiting (primarily for Earl).

Though I suspect Valente might have a few questions he wants to get off his chest.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-11-21 at 09:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital]

Indeed he does. The vampire frowns as he formulates what he wants to say. "What happened back there?" He begins. "I thought you were just going to kill Rot. Why did you take him outside? And that spider. Why was it there?"

"I will put people on it. Namely seeing if we can track the rest of Rot with that arm. We do have access to a necromancer, though she is young. I believe she can make use of it, however." Ramiro says.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital]

"I don't know why it was there. It must be following me." Ilpholin says, nervous and looking around for spiders.

"There were shooting at me and trying to block me in and and..." Ilpholin bites her lip and looks up a little teary eyed, but mostly... angry. "I couldn't kill him. Not like that. Not when he wasn't there. I needed him to look in my eye and KNOW who it was who ripped off his head." Ilpholin looks down. "I screwed up. Bad. I'm so sorry." Mostly that she screwed up wasn't totally perfect and badass enough to take down three vampires, a giant earthworm, and an overgrown mouse without breaking a sweat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #940
    Troll in the Playground

Exbourne - Ramiro's Office

"We agreed to hold the Idiot Ball because embedding the Rot-sickle in concrete would have been a really boring way to end the character." Vino says, lighting a cigarette. "Believe me, I didn't like it one bit." Then continuity bonks him on the head, removes him from the scene, and casts memory charms on everyone in the room.

Rico takes the arm and puts it in a room with a window, perhaps left open to let some fresh air in somewhere safe, and returns to NPC status. Ghar should add him to the Tenebras page.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #941
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Club Pulse

Lavthos smiles, "Oh, I have no personal feelings against Tenebra's we all have our secrets after all. It's once they get out they become dangerous since people can use them against you. Though I guess it's easy to misinterpret with what the words I used to describe them. I'm aware I got somewhat of a dramatic flare, it's within my family line see? I have offered my services to Tenebra's freely, I just view them as business partners. There is no bad blood between us." He explains. "I accept their little quirks, but the question is of course if others do. Since there is not like they are going to become public with you, correct?"
    Club Pulse

Magtok nods and smile, giving Lavthos a sort of polite, meaningless non-answer, just mere acknowledgement that Maggy hears and understood what he said. "So are we done for now, or is there still some unfinished business you'd like to resolve before I walk back out those doors?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital]

Valente... believes her. Damn him.

"Oh..." The vampire tries to take her hand and give it a squeeze. "Well, maybe we can figure somethign else out. Whatever you need and I'll help you in whatever way I can."

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital]

Curtains are very convincing.

Ilpholin squeezes back, looking up at him before going to give him a hug!
    "Thank you. I think... for now, we need to get away from here so we aren't arrested and think of a new plan."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital]

Valente hugs her back. "Alright, we'll get out of the city. Do you think you could walk with my help now?" He asks. With the assistance of magic she should be in pretty good shape, if not perfect.

And waiting time I believe.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wellspring Tower]

Johann and Elizabeth are approaching the tower again, intending to speak with Genesis once more, having decided she can be trusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Wellspring Tower - Apartments]

Naethalee, the adrenaline rush of the fight racing through her body, brings her training swords around once more in an attempt to knock Hilda's sword clear from her hand.

She'd be disssapointed about cutting out witty retorts, but at the moment, she isn't thinking too much about them...

[Wellspring Tower]

As the two hunters enter through the gate, they find the blue path they walk on to be the titular river of Riverside, and that in fact, the course of the path has shifted, to move away from Wellspring Tower.

"Pardon my interference." Genesis states, her form pulling together from tattered strands of color, a body of vibrant ribbons that shift as she moves. The impression the body gives is that it is one long piece of woven fabric, stretching out of sight into another world, and that it does not so much move as it simply presses a new part of itself into the world, the rest fading into the distance .

"I have been spending far too much time within my tower. I hope you do not mind accompanying me on a short survey of the river."

Hilda's sword clatters across the floor after being knocked away, but that doesn't stop her. Taking advantage of Nae's motion and position, she rushes in shoulder first in an attempt slam the half-drow with enough strength and momentum to knock her off her feet.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower]

Elizabeth curtsies and Johann gives a small bow. They have decided not to pry too much into what Genesis is and how does she work her magic. They have a feeling they wouldn't understand the answer and if they did, they'd regret it. For the same reason, they're keeping their Second Sight turned off, though it'll change if Genesis tries to use any sort of mental influence.
    Not at all, Lady Genesis. Lead on, please.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside - River]

The fair folk queen leads the way across the river's surface, which to them seems to be providing quite solid footing. Rushing from its source, the waterway springs through the city walls, and winds its way through, carving a path into the earth with energy and determination.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" The fey comments, before turning her gaze to the hunters. "Is it the river that's on your mind at the moment?"

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside - River]

No, it is not, Johann answers, a bit awkwardly. Neither he nor Elizabeth have any idea why Genesis would ask this question. Walking on water is unnerving enough. The way we're standing on it as if on a solid surface is, however. But the river itself is just background.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-22 at 11:11 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post

[Westside - Cierra's Loft]

"At the moment, I'm just regathering my resources. Aurora fell through, and Celestial Dynamics isn't supporting me anymore, so I need to just collect what I have, gather support, and see what I can do from there. Things are still a bit of a mess at the moment." Grace explains with a sigh.
    "Oh." Cierra is quiet for a moment, trying to think. "...I wish I had an answer, too. But it just seems like there aren't any great opportunities right now. I'm a little aimless myself."

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside - River]

"Ah. Then my choice of venue has distracted you from your current purpose?" Genesis inquires, an amused smile on her face. "Let me ask my question more directly. What brings you to seek an audience with me this day?"

Grace doesn't particularly have an answer to that, so she focuses on her drink, beginning to think maybe she shouldn't have put so much sugar in it...

Eventually though, she speaks up anyway. "Well, what about you? What do you see in Nexus that troubles you, and what do you think needs to be changed or fixed? Even if you don't know how to do it."

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside - River]

Oh. Unfortunately, Johann is an extremely literal-minded man. A while ago, when we spoke, we said that we would need a proof of your good will before we agree to take part in your plans to change Riverside. Since then, most Hunters have come to the conclusion that you can be trusted. And since we too find the situation in Riverside unacceptable and in need of change, we have come to propose an alliance in the name of all Imbued in the city. He means it, too. It's rare when the Hunters agree about anything, but this is one of those cases.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground

"Well..." Cierra sighs, sitting back in her chair. "The Nexus is very dangerous. For everyone, really, but especially for normal people, people who don't have any abilities or skills or the crazy mentality of adventurers and the like. And most places are kind of closed off and isolated. Plenty of people in organizations just stay at home and never do much beyond those places. And there isn't really a good way to meet people or get in contact with them, or to communicate ideas with people in other places across the Nexus. And the fact that crazies and psychos can just pop up seemingly anywhere and murder a whole ton of people before anyone can do anything about it."

"I guess I'm just unhappy that the Nexus seems to display a lot of what is unpleasant about the universe, and very little of any of the good things."

23. - Top - End - #953
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Wellspring Tower - Throne of Rings]

Silence reigns in the throne room for a time, then Genesis addresses Cybil. "Is there anything you would like to say, Cybil?" It is a sincere question, not assuming any particular reaction from her.
    [Wellspring Tower - Throne of Rings]

"I... you have to excuse my sovereign, we are from another culture. Things are different there." The knight replies as polite as she can muster, kneeling in front of the throne. "I am still at your service though if there is anything you wish of me."

Club Pulse

Magtok nods and smile, giving Lavthos a sort of polite, meaningless non-answer, just mere acknowledgement that Maggy hears and understood what he said. "So are we done for now, or is there still some unfinished business you'd like to resolve before I walk back out those doors?"
    Club Pulse

"I would like you to think about my idea of the casino of course Magtok. That's all I ask for, otherwise I think we are done here. You can get all the weapons you no doubt had with you at the bar." The vampire gestures towards the door.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Orc in the Playground

Eastside- Hospital

Some monkeys arrive here shortly after Ilpholin and Valente. One tries to access the vents, to find them through walking in the air conditioning system. The monkey has wrapped some cloth around its paws to muffle the noise of bone on metal. Another is climbing the building, peeking in through every window to try and find them.

Exbourne Manor

Mortius approaches, clad in his usual, shadow-blending robes. He seems to be alone, but a monkey is rarely far behind from the mummified gnome lich. When he arrives, he knocks on the door.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside- Hospital

Ilpholin will still be in surgery while the monkeys search around for her and Valente! Gotta get that bullet out after all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital]

Presumably after some time one of the monkeys will come across Valente. He's just sitting in a waiting room, which probably has windows.

[Exbourne Manor]

Let's do this the easy way. *handwaves Mortius being let inside and lead to Ramiro's office*

27. - Top - End - #957
    Orc in the Playground

Eastside Hospital

The monkies try not to loose either of them, another joining the watch in the air ducts in case they head away from windows. They know the air ducts quite well; this isn't the first time they've been here, though the previous time was offscreen. And they're piloted by the same guy, so...

Exbourne Manor- Ramiro's Office

"So Valente has turned against you. If you allowed me monkies within the Manor, I'd be able to find out stuff like that before it happens. Also, why did you not inform me that you had Rot incarcerated?" It has occured to me that because Mortius watches the comings and goings avidly, he would have been aware Rot entered without leaving. Still, it is nice to know you're trusted by your superiors.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #958
    Orc in the Playground

[Westside]

Look at that! There's a poor little boy passed out on the sidewalk, looking barely ten. He's wearing a grubby and tattered old beige shirt that barley fits him and a similar pair of trousers. His face is soft and babyish, making him look even younger than he is, and his hair is curly and brown. Pretty much this.

With a soft groan, the child gets up and looks around with bleary blue eyes. He shivers, unused to actually feeling cold, and starts walking up the street. In the direction of a certain orphanage.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

Hilda's sword clatters across the floor after being knocked away, but that doesn't stop her. Taking advantage of Nae's motion and position, she rushes in shoulder first in an attempt slam the half-drow with enough strength and momentum to knock her off her feet.
    Naethalee, already mentally celebrating her victory, is caught off guard - and sent flying, skidding across the floor with a distinctly surprised look on her face!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #960
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Club Pulse

"I would like you to think about my idea of the casino of course Magtok. That's all I ask for, otherwise I think we are done here. You can get all the weapons you no doubt had with you at the bar." The vampire gestures towards the door.
    Magtok nods, and rises up from his seat.

"I think I'll do that, Mr. Lavthos. You'll be hearing from another clone soon, one who hopefully will have the foresight not to come so bogged down with firearms as I."

He moves towards the door, intent on gathering up his weapons and getting right on out. Gods, is that vampire guy creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi