1. - Top - End - #1321
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VI

The Delectable Dancing Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    The Delectable Dancing Dragon

Freddie nods, knowing he was just given enough information to get by. It's all he needs in any case. "I couldn't agree more. Accidents are bad for business after all. Hm... Samona gave me an idea of the layout. I'll like stop by some day to give it a look see, but I can't imagine there'd be any trouble." The man gives Maggy a knowing smile. "I don't imagine I'll be your only customer. I hope that I might get a certain amount of priority over some of the others."

Maggy grins. "Well, nobody else has taken me out wining and dining, so I imagine you'll be at something of an advantage."

Even if they did, it'd seem like they were totally copying Freddie too, so there's no way that would fly. Or at least, that's what he wants Freddie to think. Whether such favoritism actually occurs all depends on whether it ends up making sound business sense later on, and that's up to Samona to explain.

"Certainly though, you can be allowed to see how things work. No need to keep you in the dark before your trek across, it's not a circus or anything."

Note to self: Start a MagCircus ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"No that's okay, let's just watch the movie alright? I want to spend time with you in some way." She says, the castle momentarily forgotten apparently.

[Westside Children's Home - Crazy People Dreams]

"Good! Go and do it then pawn, I will make sure you're watched." And with that the dream ends, the darkness claiming him as he wakes up.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Orc in the Playground

[Westside Children's Home]

Tor wakes up with a start, wide-eyed. He peers suspiciously at the other orphans, if they're still in the room. Just daring them to comment.

The child then awkwardly grabs his crutches and slides out of bed. So he can hobble over to the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #1324

Westside Children's Home

Jeremy Moss, or Elder Moss to the little ones, has been awake for quite a while now. He's always up early to get things ready for the orphans, saving Sister Gertrude quite a bit of trouble.

He'd just finished cleaning the bathroom, scouring the tub of several children worth of paint and muck, at about the same time Tor hobbles into the hallway.

"Good morning young Tor. Not letting life's troubles get the better of you I see? Come into the kitchen with me where I can keep an eye on you. Sister Gertrude would be cross with me if I didn't supervise your punishment for fighting yesterday." Besides his casual mention of it at the beginning, Moss makes nothing of Tor's new disability. Avoiding the subject seems to be the best way to deal with it, unless Tor wants to bring it up first.

"I hope you can dry dishes. There's always lots of work to be done around here, and few willing to do it. I'm glad every once in a while someone causes some mischief so that I can have another set of helping hands for a little while."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Alright." Naida smiles and tightens her hold around Irena. She focuses on the movie, as much as she can with Irena so close to her that is.

[The Delectable Dancing Dragon]

Freddie chuckles and nods. "I look forward to it."

And it's now that their food arrives. It's food... and it looks delicious, if you like fine Asian cuisine. And following behind the servers is the cook himself, He's an older Asian with a kindly smile. "I hope everything look to your liking."

"It looks delicious as always, Zhuang. Thank you." Freddie answers.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

Riley follows Tor quickly and softly. His random magic effect for the day seems to be his feet don't actually touch the floor when he walks.
    "I'll take care of the dishes. Tor shouldn't have to clean things up just because I didn't wan't him to kill me. Don't want him to kill me. Besides, we both needed someone to wake up to. That's what families are for, right?"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Troll in the Playground

Facility - Eastside

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Facility - Eastside

Cutter looks at her with a touch of sadness. "Don't worry about weapons. You won't need them for now. Your life won't be threatened by most things here."
    Carly doesn't know why she trusts him, but she does. "Right. I'm ready then."

Westside Children's Home

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Westside Children's Home

Riley follows Tor quickly and softly. His random magic effect for the day seems to be his feet don't actually touch the floor when he walks.
    "I'll take care of the dishes. Tor shouldn't have to clean things up just because I didn't wan't him to kill me. Don't want him to kill me. Besides, we both needed someone to wake up to. That's what families are for, right?"
    "No, Tor will do the dishes. Riley, your assignment for the day is to wipe down the tables in the dining hall, put the chairs up on them, and mop the floor." Sister Gertrude says. The dining hall is adjoining the kitchen, with the serving line connecting them, cafeteria style.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #1328

Westside Children's Home

Eon still sitting in the dining hall mumbles on his bread. it's still his first one this day and he doesn't really pay attention to Riley or Tor. After all he doesn't do anything to be called for the jobs.^^
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Troll in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

No chores for Eon. But there's homework. There's always homework.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Halfling in the Playground

Eastside - Hospital Site

Teq takes a brief moment to... slip off each of his shoes. He sets them down without a sound. Then, footsteps practically inaudible, he moves into the room. His eyes drift to Estalla, brows rising, likely asking what they should do.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - Hospital Site]

Estella looks from spirits to Teq and back to the spirits. A simple banishing, maybe? Unless she's interfered with, Estella will move closer to the spirits and kneel on the ground. She produces a stick of chalk and starts to draws a number of complex figures in a circle.

12. - Top - End - #1332

Westside Children's Home

Homework? Really? Just after his bad experience... life is hard, but obviously Eon isn't in the mood to do them. Otherwise he wouldn't be in the dining room, right?

13. - Top - End - #1333

[Exbourne Manor]

Astrana strides into her room and then locks the door after herself, sealing it with a quick spell. She didn't want any interruptions while doing this.

Before she started though, she wanted to find what really had happened, Valente might not be the sharpest tool in the box, but he was far too nice to just betray his family and her like that. Something was wrong.

She looks at the vial, the bitch's blood safely contained within. There was so much she could do with it but revenge was a dish best served cold. If you really wanted to crush someone, you first needed to get under their skin. Find out what their sore spots were.

Obtaining information would be the first priority she had.

Visiting AMEN was too dangerous however, so she would settle for something slightly less dangerous, demons.

Drawing a circle in the middle of the room as well as litting some candles (demons loved the proper ambiance when they were summoned) she speaks a single word. "Nabrius."

[Suncrest Manor]

After a while Irena seems to start falling asleep before she's suddenly jogged to life by something, her eyes wide open. The witch quickly looks over Nadia as if to see if she's still there before slowly relaxing. "I dreamt someone summoned Nabrius..." She mumbles.

The figures remain perfectly still, showing no signs of noticing you. However if you move close enough you can hear faint whispers, voices coming from the phantoms.

"...cursed..."

"Punishment for our crimes..."

"...why the hell did I go along with it? Never dabble in the dark arts..."

"Why?"

"...forever trapped..."

"All my fault, all those people..."

You might notice the figures are exactly six in number, standing in a perfect pentagram.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-12-16 at 03:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

[Exbourne Manor]

Oh yes, Nabrius certainly enjoys a certain kind of ambiance that involves candles. The demon appears in a swirl of mist. . He's lounging in a recliner with leg slung over one of the are rests. He sips a glass of red wine as he looks Astrana over. "You called?" He asks, his voice dripping with sensuality.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia give Irena a comforting squeeze. "Don't worry about him. He'll never bother you again." The vampire tries to lie Irena down on the couch and then lie down behind her. She'll wrap her arms around the other woman again and kiss her neck.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-12-16 at 03:33 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Orc in the Playground

Club Pulse- Inside

The monkey will try by bracing itself against opposite sides and moving one foot at a time. This does require removing the rags, however; they'd slip whereas the skeletal monkey's bone paws won't. It does have the rags in its tail, however, but it is louder than if it was wearing the rags (though its slow and careful movements are trying to minimise the noise). The fact that the air vent does not go down is noted.

Club Pulse- Outside

Ooh, interesting. The monkey tries to remember it, and remains where it can hear whilst minimising chance of being seen. It also doesn't have to move at all, so it doesn't make a sound.

Westside Children's Home

Gremalphin is here, as usual he's overslept. But he's starting his SCIENCE! homework in the dining room, if anybody wants to speak to him.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #1336

Westside Children's Home

Eon is here even if he isn't in the mood to do his homework he is a bit nosily. He looks over to Gremalphin.

"What is that?"

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Orc in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

"I'm working on my science homework; it's a questionnaire about the parts of a hand-cranked runcible gun. What are you working on?" The goblin/gnome/halfling/dwarf hybrid looks over at Eon. He has large, bat-like ears, a large nose, greenish-grey skin and he's bald, with a few short black hairs on his chin. His eyes are blue, and he's wearing a large white t-shirt and blue shorts.

18. - Top - End - #1338

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

The figures remain perfectly still, showing no signs of noticing you. However if you move close enough you can hear faint whispers, voices coming from the phantoms.

"...cursed..."

"Punishment for our crimes..."

"...why the hell did I go along with it? Never dabble in the dark arts..."

"Why?"

"...forever trapped..."

"All my fault, all those people..."

You might notice the figures are exactly six in number, standing in a perfect pentagram.
    Teq listens closely, waiting for the result of Estalla's banishing. He's quite ready to leap into action.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #1339

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Westside Children's Home

"I'm working on my science homework; it's a questionnaire about the parts of a hand-cranked runcible gun. What are you working on?" The goblin/gnome/halfling/dwarf hybrid looks over at Eon. He has large, bat-like ears, a large nose, greenish-grey skin and he's bald, with a few short black hairs on his chin. His eyes are blue, and he's wearing a large white t-shirt and blue shorts.
    Westside Children's Home

Eon looks down on his 'project' he is working on. Some people would call it bread or breakfast or such btu who cares by a four kind guy.^^
    Eon is a ten year old human kid much to larg for his size so people most time think he is 14 or older. currently he wears a normal white T-shirt and black jeans which he may got from the Children's Home.

"I don't think sister Gertude will like your hand-cranked runcible gun. They just disarmed his gun."

As he says that he points at Riley, who as far as I know cleans the tables.
    The link is to a picture I hope you meant that.^^

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Orc in the Playground

Westside Children's Home

Yes, that is what I meant.

He's not building one, nor is there a hand-cranked runcible gun present; he's answering questions about them. Such as what parts are involved, and what goes where. "Oh, it's only questions about one. I've never seen one, just pictures of them. Besides, I probably couldn't build one; I'm quite clumsy, even if I was given all the parts and an instruction booklet. My teacher makes sure not to tell us all the parts involved."

I'm assuming they go to a school away from the orphanage itself, rather than being home-schooled. Otherwise the Order of St. Cunningham probably wouldn't teach children about weaponry, hand-cranked or otherwise.

21. - Top - End - #1341

[Exbourne Manor]

Astrana is a lightly dressed tiefling, she got dark red horns which curves like a rams, the tips almost meeting her ears. Her hair is a black silky curled waterfall going past her shoulder, reaching all the way down to the curve of her bosom.

The tiefling have large curious eyes outlined by the black arcs which are her eyebrows. Her nose is straight with small nostrils.
    She's currently wearing a black collar around her slender neck together with a robe reaching down from her knees up to collarbone, leaving her shoulders and arms bare.

If not for her obvious infernal features such as the unnerving lack of pupils, the red color of her skin, the tail and her horns, Astrana would likely be considerate very attractive by modern standards.

"I did, I want information about the person with this blood." She shows the demon a even smaller vial then the vampires gave her containing Ilpholins blood. She split it up in case Nabrius needed it. "Can you do that for me?"

[Club Pulse- Inside]

As the monkey is climbing through the vents...

[Club Pulse- Outside]

...the other one can hear Lavthos again once the elevator have gone up and down. "Cybil? I think I heard something coming from the vents, can you check it out?"

There is a brief pause before Cybil replies, "...of course master."

[Suncrest Manor]

"Mmm..." Irena seems to instantly to relax as she looks Nadia in the eyes. "Are you hungry? You can drink if you want." She offers, Nabrius gone from her mind as she runs her hand down the curve of the vampires hips.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-12-16 at 05:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1342

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Freddie chuckles and nods. "I look forward to it."

And it's now that their food arrives. It's food... and it looks delicious, if you like fine Asian cuisine. And following behind the servers is the cook himself, He's an older Asian with a kindly smile. "I hope everything look to your liking."

"It looks delicious as always, Zhuang. Thank you." Freddie answers.
    The cyborg smiles, and digs in. Maggy's typically not a huge fan of Asian cuisine, but the cook is right goddamn there. He's not going to make a fuss if he can avoid it.

"So how are things at the Estate, Samona?"

Yay, small talk! What better way could there possibly be to keep everyone busy and distracted as he tries to hide his distaste for every single thing he puts in his mouth?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

Estella finishes her scrawling and begins a slow chant. She says it quietly and it take a few minutes. About half way through, her voice seems to be coming from far off and echoes slightly. If there's any time the spirits will react to it, it's now. Her voice is calling them to pass on to whatever after life is in store for them, and if she completes the ritual, that is the intended effect.

[Exbourne Manor]

Nabrius holds out a hand for her to give him the blood. "Perhaps I can. It should be a relatively simple matter. Of course, I won't do it for free. There's always a price. The question is, what will yours be?"

[Suncrest Manor]

"Are you sure?" Nadia asks. Provided that Irena assures her that it's alright, the vampire kisses the back of her neck, working her way to the side. She gentle sinks her fangs in a moment later. She doesn't take much, but during that short period there's definitely a greater intensity in how she runs her hands over Irena's stomach and hips.

The cook doesn't stay long. Just long enough to be sure everyone is enjoying, or pretending to enjoy, their meal. Samona, of course, is only provided with a glass of Ichor Liquor.

"Well enough at the moment. Things have been running fairly smooth as of late." A complete lie, but she's good at hiding that. Presumably this happens before the giant flying castle is hovering over their heads.

"You and you're people have been doing a fine job of keeping the streets mostly safe. Must be part of the reason Magtok here set up shop in this part of the city." Freddie interjects, looking over to Maggy.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-12-16 at 06:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1344

As Estella's chant reaches them, the figures slowly turn around towards her, all of them looking at her expectingly even if completely lack facial features. They don't seem to resist the banishing at all, in fact they seem to welcome it.

"Release us..."

"...so long..."

"One mistake, so much suffering..."

"...we deserve it..."

"All our fault..."

"Just set us free..."

But as the ritual is completed and the spirits seems to be uplifted to their various afterlife, they are weighted down again, chains that seems to be made of pure malice erupts from the floor and ties the shades arms and legs down to the floor once again, preventing the spirits to move on.

[Exbourne Manor]

Astrana smiles at the demon, "I offer you her blood to keep to do whatever you wish with. I'm sure you got a few ideas what you can do with such an powerful connection."

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena nods with a smile and presents her neck for Nadia. As the vampire starts drinking her blood, she even seems to enjoy the increased intensity of her partner and allows Nadia to work with her any way she wants. Playing passive for now.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-12-16 at 06:40 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1345

Westside Children's Home

"So you just study on weapons. Does that mean you become a soldir in the futur?"

26. - Top - End - #1346

Eastside - Hospital Site

While Estalla finishes her ritual, Teq puts his shoes back on. No point in keeping them off if stealth isn't necessary. He glowers at the bound ghosts, quickly demanding, "What was your mistake?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

Estella recoils backward when the chains appear. She staggers to her feet. For now all she can do is stare with wide eyes.

[Exbourne Manor]

"Ah, but you need to give me the blood regardless. No, it will have to be something else." Nabrius stands suddenly, is wine and chair disappearing as they came. "When I've gathered the information you need, someone will deliver it to you. All I require of you is that you act as an anchor binding them to this realm, then you will get what you need."

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia stops not too long later, kissing her neck a couple more times before relaxing against Irena. "You're amazing, you know that?" She whispers.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Westside Children's Home

Jeremy Moss, or Elder Moss to the little ones, has been awake for quite a while now. He's always up early to get things ready for the orphans, saving Sister Gertrude quite a bit of trouble.

He'd just finished cleaning the bathroom, scouring the tub of several children worth of paint and muck, at about the same time Tor hobbles into the hallway.

"Good morning young Tor. Not letting life's troubles get the better of you I see? Come into the kitchen with me where I can keep an eye on you. Sister Gertrude would be cross with me if I didn't supervise your punishment for fighting yesterday." Besides his casual mention of it at the beginning, Moss makes nothing of Tor's new disability. Avoiding the subject seems to be the best way to deal with it, unless Tor wants to bring it up first.

"I hope you can dry dishes. There's always lots of work to be done around here, and few willing to do it. I'm glad every once in a while someone causes some mischief so that I can have another set of helping hands for a little while."
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Westside Children's Home

[Westside Children's Home]

Tor nods at Elder Moss, eyes thoughtful. Now, how is he going to do this... The child glances at Riley, looking a bit confused. Genuinely, too. He doesn't understand what the other kid is talking about at all.

"I never tried to kill you..."

Tor is an expert on killing people. So he knows that vague threats and panicked punching and kicking after being choked by an eldritch monster are not things generally considered as attempts on someone's life.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-12-16 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #1349

Estella can probably tell these chains are made of the same 'essence' as the ghosts. What else she knows about the chains is entirely up to her knowledge about Cuthun demons, the ones that were holed up here before.

The spirits moans endlessly at their own torment as the chains drags them down to the floor again.

[Exbourne Manor]

"'Just'? It tend to sound like that coming from your kind. I like all the details Nabrius, I want to know exactly what your going to do if we are going to preform this deal. Otherwise I will just collect the information on my own." Astrana replies.

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena giggles and grins at Nadia, "It wasn't long since I said the same about you wasn't it? The first time we were in the Jacuzzi remember? I was still under the influence of that sword... it was pretty dangerous and exciting wasn't it?" She replies, slightly out of breath after losing an amount of blood.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-12-16 at 09:06 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1350

Westside Children's Home

Lily and Michael are both in the dining room as well, Lily having travelled to the boy's dorms on her own to rouse Michael from his slumber. They're engaged with a writing assignment right now, both of them doing it in brail with a set of paints so that the dots stick up. Their teacher allows it, although she forces Michael to practice his normal writing as well.

They don't look very interested in it, and would be welcome to the distraction of another child saying hello, or a caretaker coming across them.

----

Back in the kitchen, Moss sets up a stool for Tor to sit on while he helps with the dishes. After that he'll hand him a towel and begin filling the sink with pots and pans.

"Just tell me if I go too quickly alright? This may be punishment, but I'm not in the business of burying my charges under a pile of work." His eyes crinkle around the edges a bit at the joke.

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you always keep your hair so neat? At your age, most boys are more worried about play than such fastidiousness."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.