Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    avatar by Ashen Lilies
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Clinic Room 12

    Eventually the real doctor comes in and does some neurological tests. "There doesn't seem to be any intra-cranial haemorrhaging. You need to take it easy for the next few weeks - plenty of rest, and no drugs or alcohol or any magical substances. Do you have someone at home who can look after you for the next 24 to 48 hours?"

    "Mhm," Gus mumbles. "My friend Jake."

    "That's good. Then I'll be able to discharge you."


    "Course I could go see Vas instead."

    "That's fine," the doctor says. "As long as you aren't alone. You'll need to come back in a fortnight's time, or sooner if your symptoms worsen at all."

    "Can you write all this down?" Gus asks.

    "I'll have my nurse give you written instructions, yes."


    Sometime later, Gus is discharged. He makes it back home before taking the instructions he'd been given and adding in a scrawl on the top. He stripped down and crashed into bed, and sometime later, woke up as Jake.

    It wasn't Jake's usual time for being put in control, and he looked for a note. He found the instructions from the nurse, which had Gus's scrawl across the top: "Got mugged - wallet stolen - need to rest. You stay front for a few days."

    "What have you gotten into now, Gus?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

    "Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker


    Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

  2. - Top - End - #1172
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Gray Area - DMC

    As mentioned many people enter the truck only a few stay with Mia.

    "That sounds bad. If there is anything I can help just ask."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    [Stampede! - The Herd]

    Duke and Modarmaskin ride fast and hard to catch up to he herd. Their panicked, unnatural horses run with a speed beyond ordinary animals, and they start to overtake the cattle even though the bulls are running at full tilt, and they can probably give the motorcycles a run for their money unless said motorcycles are ridiculously fast. Vire follows after them, slowed somewhat by his shot, although his horse is moving fast and hard now.

    All three steer with their legs as they draw weapons and send lead into the pursuing posse. Vire fires his pistol again, and Modarmaskin uses a similar weapon; the relatively small rounds zip fairly quickly (for bullets, which means very, very fast) towards their targets, both of them picking the lead motorcycle man. Duke, the bugbear, hauls out a sawn-off Winchester rifle from a saddle holster. One arming the weapon, he sends a larger, faster bullet at the lead biker as well, aiming for the tires.
    The leader, Anatolij, darts forward, leaning in, one of the bullets fying past and the other bouncing off his helmet, leaving a noticeable dent. When Duke fires, he rapidly turns his bike, sending a cloud of dust in the air, and the missiles crash into the vehicle's side, denting and puncturing the metal.
    His two companions try to press the advantage, their commander having drawn the enemy fire. One of them, named Filimon, sends a quick burst from a submachine gun towards Vire and Mordamaskin, not very accurate for obvious reasons - it's intended to pin them and disrupt their reloading. The other one, named Dragan, is mounted on a lighter and faster bike and tries to rush Duke before he can get off another shot, his blade glinting in the sun.

    [Stampede! - The Hill]

    The hobgoblin drives hard to meet the bike, his curved blade eager to match itself against the edge of the biker's sabre. Thus arises a duel, a test of personal skill, the matching of one warrior against another, glory flying high as they meet. The plates of his armor shine in the sun as he makes his pass, lashing high with his blade, his stroke aimed at the eye level, towards the head, all motion committed to the offensive, counting on speed and armor to shield him from a miss or counterattack.

    The ogress withdraws hastily from the flamethrower's reach, her horse screaming as the flames scorch and lick its flank. The ogress has finished loading her cannon, and now carefully swivels it in line with the approaching chain-axe biker.
    The hobgoblin's opponent, whose name is Stanisław, meets his foe with speed and skill. He bows his head and leans in, ducking against the sword as he makes a quick jab at the horse's leg.
    The flamethrower wielder, Murat, presses onwards, trying to keep the ogress on the defensive with short, quick bursts of flame.
    The chain-axe biker, Antoni, zig-zags and changes direction rapidly as he approaches so as to make aiming the cannon harder.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Wolfy's Dance Studio

    Wolfy smirks and breaks off from the dance to give a bow, gesturing at the mats off to one side of the room. "If the lady commands it..."
    With a smile, Reelshka heads to the mats and lies down like she did the last time.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  4. - Top - End - #1174
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    avatar by Ashen Lilies
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Barricade 2.0
    The giant beast roars again as its eyeballs are actually taken out by Lt. Jone!
    It stays perfectly still as it tries to listen for the faintest sound...
    And the zombies have yet to arrive to the barricade!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Barricade 2.0

    Well, there's the sound of the three peacekeepers finishing running to the heavy weapons emplacement. When one reaches it, he flips off the Beam Cannon's safety and fires at the nearest tentacle, aiming to get rid of the creature's longer reaching limbs.

    There's the sound of Lt. Jone reloading her shotgun

    There's also the sound of the officer of the newly arriving squad cursing violently before ordering his squad to open fire at the beast with their assault rifles and laser rifles. They aim at the "head" of the creature.

    Finally, there's the sound of a single jet-powered craft in the distance closing rapidly.

    ETA: 20 seconds

    ((Art's Drow should have a chance to react at Barricade 2.0 when possible, and would you mind if the Barricade scene is paused just a bit longer for me to figure out what to do with it? There's a related scene in Remnant that I'm about to start to get the people the two Umbrella workers will be attached to when they go to Umbrella. If you'd rather not keep it paused though, I could easily add something.))
    Missy is still at Barricade 2.0. Now that she's surrounded the beast with monowire fencing, she opens up with the shoulder mounted Laser Beam cannon again. This time, she just holds it steady on one spot, and lets it burn and burn and burn. With the monowire stopping any new zombies from arriving to fill the hole, she's hoping this will eventually result in a pile of ashes.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-11-14 at 10:12 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

    "Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker


    Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

  5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    [Barricade]

    ((Sorry, lost track of this...))

    Tirin is lifted over as well, remaining silent for the moment.

  6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lost in the Town
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Heading to Barricade 2 => Barricade 2

    The officer in the lead nods, and one of the others starts to say something snarky about how he'd definitely use her help, but gets thwapped before he can get halfway through by one of his buddies. "We've got a large infestation up ahead. Undead, biological means. Think you could help us, Priestess?" The officer asks before turning the corner and arriving at Barricade 2.0





    Barricade 2.0

    "Get to the Beam Cannon!"
    Lt. Jone shouts to one of her men as she opens fire at what she considers to be the eyes of the creature, using her last two Hammer slugs. The remaining three Peacekeepers get off the ground and sprint towards the weapon, firing backwards as they go. Their weapons might be ineffective as a whole, but they'll cause at least minor damage to the living zombies inside of the creature.

    This is Cerulean. Be advised, there is a large horde heading your way. Estimates are at least four hundred individuals in size. Thunderclap is on the way, ETA 30 seconds.

    Saintspeed to you all.
    [Barricade 2.0]

    The priestess and her two guards push their way to the front of the barricade. The two males take up positions slightly in front of their mistress, ready to defend her with thier lives, and crushing blows from the two handed maces they wield. The priestess herself begins a chant, growing louder with each syllable, until she was shouting words in an infernal tongue.

    Undead creatures within the sound of her voice should be forced to stop, listen, and obey her commands.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.
    Avatar by HappyTurtle.

  7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Halae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Questing
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    [Wayren Pub]

    She awkwardly finishes off the jelly substance on her plate, setting the spoon down with a clink.

    "Um, I should probably get back to NO. Can you take me back? I don't really, uh... want to go out there alone while I'm..." she glances down at the bandaged hand, which should be enough to get her point across.
    [Wayren Pub]

    Jakus nods, "Yeah, I understand. We don't live in exactly the most stable of places."

    he stands and will offer a hand to Trix, to help her out of the booth if she wants his help. his expression says that he won't be offended if she declines. He doesn't really expect anything from her.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

    Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

  8. - Top - End - #1178
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Bushranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuck here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    [Erin's Emporium]

    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Alice smiles and takes the apple, holding it carefully. "Thank you, Miss Crissy." Om nom nom caramel apple! Alice is surprisingly neat in eating the apple, although it is impossible to be entirely so.
    "You're welcome, dear," Crissy says, giggling as she takes a seat, and digs into her own caramel apple. "Is there anything else you need? A glass of water or anything?"


    Red Zone Aug Hunt et.

    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Zamira's glare softens. "All right. But I will be keeping an eye out to make sure that line isn't crossed. I've suffered through slavery once, and I'll never suffer a slave to be kept if I can help it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "By all means. Isn't slavery illegal here?" Naitiri slows a little, so she won't have to look over her shoulder every time they speak. "And even if you don't think well of us, Tina seems to think the world of GLoG. She even said that if any of you ever want an augmentation - something... different, like her and I, all you have to do is ask."
    Shrike softens as well, giving Naitiri a small smile. "Tina is one of our closest friends. She's a good person," the redheaded Solar says. "And thanks..."

    Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show


    Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

    BR's Bag o' Nuts The Russkijs Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments Pianos Tumbleweeds Drow Bloodline Half-Drow Noble Lacy Items

  9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Darklord Bright's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    [Wayren Pub]

    Presumably then, Trix is taken back to NO, whereupon she de-plotclones and ends up on her little meeting with Dipsnig.

  10. - Top - End - #1180
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Needle and Thread

    A man enters here, looking for clothes. At the moment, he's naked, though seems perfectly OK with his fragile, squishy mortal body. He's human, with mousy brown hair and a face that is cute rather than handsome. In his hand is a bag of money, and he's careful not to let it out of his grip.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  11. - Top - End - #1181
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Corner of Cirrus and Arkham]

    If the spider mine is looking to attack Isaac, it'll find that it can't exactly walk up to him, even though he's just sitting on a sidewalk. He's well protected. The giant "skeletal" shark swoops down and tries to swallow the spider mine whole. If this works, it'll wind up in the tooth-filled stomach with the other chap the shark ate a while ago.
    [Corner of Cirrus and Arkham]

    The spider mine got swallowed. Zefir curse it. His leg is better now, but not ready to fight him. After all he leaves the sewer and slowly reach for the alley, maybe he could stop people helping him until his leg is ok again. The spider min indeed just keeps walking. Seems to be a hard piece of cake for the shark.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    [Erin's Emporium]

    Dorota stands in the doorway, watching Crissy and Alice. Her friend is much better at dealing with children, it would seem.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  13. - Top - End - #1183
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Streets

    A huge moving van, large enough to haul several tons of cargo, rolls sluggishly through the streets, the name "Long Haul Movers" written on the side of the truck in friendly red letters. Following it is another, identical, moving van. The drivers are both normal looking folks, although if anyone looked quite closely they might notet that the drivers look a little alike. The trucks follow all the rules of traffic, take care not to break the speed limit, etc. Nothing really out of the ordinary. Just two moving vans driving towards Erin's Emporium.

    Nothing out of the ordinary at all, except that each of the trucks is carrying, in it's lead lined, x-ray and divination proof cargo compartment, a heavily armed, even more heavily armored urban transit unit, marked with the Excelsior logo. Each of the armored transit units carries it's own cargo, a squad of ten soldiers, each one cloned with the latest in supersoldier technology. I suspect that, should the trucks reach their target without being pulled over, the day will get a lot less ordinary.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

  14. - Top - End - #1184
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Neon Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The leader, Anatolij, darts forward, leaning in, one of the bullets fying past and the other bouncing off his helmet, leaving a noticeable dent. When Duke fires, he rapidly turns his bike, sending a cloud of dust in the air, and the missiles crash into the vehicle's side, denting and puncturing the metal.
    His two companions try to press the advantage, their commander having drawn the enemy fire. One of them, named Filimon, sends a quick burst from a submachine gun towards Vire and Mordamaskin, not very accurate for obvious reasons - it's intended to pin them and disrupt their reloading. The other one, named Dragan, is mounted on a lighter and faster bike and tries to rush Duke before he can get off another shot, his blade glinting in the sun.
    [Stampede! - The Herd]

    Vire and Modarmaskin duck low in the saddle as the bullets zip around them. Some of the rounds strike cattle ahead, who twist and low in rage. Both men drive their mounts on harder, cursing up a storm.

    Duke snarls and swings his gun at the oncoming Dragan, using the barrel as a heavy club. Either way he takes a cut across the shoulder, blood soaking the coat he wears.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The hobgoblin's opponent, whose name is Stanisław, meets his foe with speed and skill. He bows his head and leans in, ducking against the sword as he makes a quick jab at the horse's leg.
    The flamethrower wielder, Murat, presses onwards, trying to keep the ogress on the defensive with short, quick bursts of flame.
    The chain-axe biker, Antoni, zig-zags and changes direction rapidly as he approaches so as to make aiming the cannon harder.
    [Stampede! - The Hill]

    The horse howls as the blade cuts true. It staggers, almost throwing the hobgoblin, who snarls and wrestles with the reins. He wheels the horse around to attempt another pass his sword held low as he spurs the failing horse onward.

    The ogress triggers the cannon, which fires with a roar. The cannonball misses, zipping past them to crash into the buildings of Inside behind them. The cloak about the ogress smolders and burns, and Antoni is able to close the gap to get at the ogress, who raises the cannon to use as a bludgeon against him.

    ___

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

    "You're welcome, dear," Crissy says, giggling as she takes a seat, and digs into her own caramel apple. "Is there anything else you need? A glass of water or anything?"
    The rabbit girl shakes her head. "No, I'm okay."
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-11-15 at 12:35 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #1185
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Barricade 2.0
    Missy's laser attack seems pretty effective except the beast has gotten wise!
    When the laser sears a hole through him he makes the hole bigger by moving the mass to different spots while also not replacing the hole.
    The Remnants going to the laser cannon thingy will find that they are successful in removing another tentacle, which falls to the ground with a mighty thud. The Beast roars as the tentacle just...falls apart. The black flesh just dries out.

    The Priestess might find her tune is falling on deaf ears, however, the zombies seem to sway for a moment, as if she momentarily had them under her control.

    Oh yes! It seems the zombie horde has finally arrived!
    A roar comes from the beast, causing them to stop right in front of the monowire.
    They don't seem to be attacking anyone...just standing there.
    Except for on the rooftops the 10 chainsaw Majins have arrived!
    They jump off of the rooftops, landing inside the monowire.
    They then begin trying to attack the Remnants, but don't gang up on a single Remnant, more like one Majin to one Remnant, but none on the PC Remnants that are named.
    And now, the Executioner makes his way through the zombie horde until he makes it to the monowire! He prepares to slice through the monowire with his giant axe!

    And now, the Beast has listened to all of the sounds...it makes a ball of its flesh and puts it onto a tentacle.
    It then tries to pick up Missy with a tentacle and place her in the hole it just made and pack her in with the ball of flesh.
    It won't kill her and she'll find that she can breath well. But, she will see inside that black flesh a humanoid shape that is glowing orange.
    One might summarize that it's the heart of the beast.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

  16. - Top - End - #1186
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Where I am.

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Mobile Hospital 1

    The Decon Chamber is a sealed air-lock type room, and once the aliens and zombie are in, their "ears" might pop from the pressure suddenly changing as it begins to suck the air out. The air gets sucked out as a mist(with fresh air) is sprayed in. Where it hits, it'll tingle as it cleans their bodies externally, killing any hostile or unknown bacteria, viruses, or similar.
    They will pass through with no difficulty and immediately see about lashing the zombie to something and trying to figure out how the remnant's sciency things work. They won't break anything!

    yet.

  17. - Top - End - #1187
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    FireFox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Outside Erin's Emporium

    Two large trucks, approaching Erin's from [direction].

    Copy. Long before the trucks get close enough to see her, Sam ducks into a dark alley near the store and patiently waits. Chances were, this was nothing serious. They've been out here awhile and had a few false alarms; the boredom and frustration in Theo's voice were very apparent. But they were both professionals. Everything was a deadly threat until proven otherwise.
    A strange thing happens when one speaks aloud: words take on their own meaning.
    They move in through the listener's ears and make themselves at home,
    decorating their meaning with whatever memories they find lying around.

    K. Arsenault Rivera, The Tiger's Daughter

    Avatar by Siena

  18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lost in the Town
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    [Barricade 2.0]

    The priestess growls in frustration. How could her magic have failed? No, it didn't fail. They had been effected. She just needed more power.

    Reaching up to the spider emblem on her breastplate, the priestess unsnaps the abdomen of the spider and draws a thin blade that had been hidden in her armor. She whispers the words of a prayer, finishing aloud "Lolth accept this sacrifice!"

    In a single motion the priestess darts towards one of her guards. The drow has hardly enough time to register the movement before the point of the dagger was buried in his neck. She withdrew the blade, and blood gushed from the wound in rythmic spurts. Each crimson arc sprayed lower as the drow's heartbeat slowed, splashing over the priestess and the surviving guard.

    As he died, he did not struggle, did not protest, only turning his mind to prayer, knowing he was aiding his mistress and the goddess they both served.

    The priestess again calls upon the power to command the undead around her, knowing the Spider Queen would be pleased by the gift of such a strong, dutiful male and would bolster her power.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.
    Avatar by HappyTurtle.

  19. - Top - End - #1189
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    avatar by Ashen Lilies
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Barricade 2.0

    The last paragraph of that post was really cool, but unfortunately, the beast picked the wrong Remnant for it. Missy's customized Praetorian armour is named Celerity because it's designed to work with her wired reflexes. She's completely boosted to 2x human speed now, seeing the world as if it's in bullet time. She'll need an infirmary to come down safely out of quicktime, but for now, that's the least of her worries.

    Missy gracefully leaps above the tentacle grab attempt, and shoots down at the arm with her left shoulder mounted laser cannon, looking to remove it completely. Her right wrist pops out a rifle barrel and shoots out two bullets at the two nearest chainsaw maijins. Specifically, at their chainsaws.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

    "Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker


    Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

  20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Barricade

    Sue tilts his head as he listens to the comm, frowning as he learns how the nearby fight is going, but he couldn't go and help. His Duty was here with the two Umbrella operatives. After a moment, he nods. "You're going to be sent alongside some of the toughest people we have. You'll be safe. They'll be on the way momentarily." Sue tells the pair.

    The "safe" part was a lie though. Being sent in with the Penal Company would be far from safe.


    Barricade 2.0

    "Defend the Cannon!!!" Shouts the Officer of the Peacekeeper squad that just arrived when the Chainsaw Maijin leap from the rooftops. The man's name is Jameson, Lieutenant Commander of Station 12. The Peacekeeper using the Beam Cannon ignores the Maijin, instead flipping the power to Overheat and readjusting her aim. When she opens fire once more, the normally tight orange beam of energy erupts out, jagged and spinning off small sparks of ball lightning as the Peacekeeper sweeps the beam from left to right, trying to cut the beast apart about a fourth of the way up. The backwash of heat scalds the woman's face, but she refuses to turn her eyes away, choosing to instead bear the pain and squint through to keep her aim true. The hands holding the cannon start to blister...

    The Peacekeepers on either side of her stay close as the Chainsaw Maijin land around them, and while one raises his rifle to block the incoming saw, the other chooses to ignore his own life as he thumbs his rifle to full auto and opens fire on the Maijin that lands near the operator of the Beam Cannon. The bullets are hollowpoints, so should at least knock the Maijin aside, possibly into the path of the Beam that erupts at that point. His override of his survival instinct leaves him completely open to the Maijin that attacks him, and he doesn't even have time to scream as the bar of the chainsaw rips through his torso.

    Lt. Jone sees her friend die and emits a curse before leaping at the previously mentioned Meijin with enhanced strength, her body carried by her hover boots. The boots rocket her forward as she tries to tackle the creature shoulder first. If successful, she'll grab the back of its head and begin trying to bash it into the street till it stops moving.

    Lt. Jameson and his squad are quickly surrounded and one of his men screams in agony as his abdomen is ripped open, but two of the others leap back out of the way of the chainsaws and the final member of his squad blocks it with her rifle before aiming a kick at the Maijin's knee, trying to snap it and limit the thing's mobility.

    Jameson himself opts to drop his rifle, ducking under the swing as a long, slightly curved blade slides out of his right wrist. The weapon begins to glow red-hot as he raises his fist in retaliation to try and give the Chainsaw Maijin a vicious uppercut that'll more than likely stab the blade all the way from the thing's jaw to the top of its head should the blow connect.

    As for the Executioner's Axe, one strand of monowire snaps, but not before cutting deep into the weapon, and the other strands prove stronger and will likely cut right through the entire axe-head should the swing keep going.

    10 seconds.


    Gray Area - DMC

    Bugs shakes his head, about to reply when two lifesigns on his HUD go out, and a third marks itself under severe pain. He curses and begins speaking into his comm-device, shutting off the public audio so that all he's saying can't be heard. Whatever it is though, he's obviously not happy.

    Mobile Hospital 1

    The Aliens will find that much of it is simple yet effective equipment. As they mess with things though, a couple doctors enter and draw tissue and blood samples from the zombie before heading out.

    Towncar - Mobile Hospital 1

    Your origin has been confirmed. The voice says. Proceed to the Mobile Hospital.

    Should the doctor do so, he'll find a small checkpoint with two doctors waiting outside of it for him. A man and woman both, possibly siblings. They each carry a briefcase, handcuffed to their wrists.

    Masks Temple

    There's a few potted plants just purple orchids really, probably nothing large enough for what he has in mind.

    Wolfy's Dance Studio

    Wolfy straddles Reelshka's back and begins to massage her, digging deep into her muscles and along her spine. It's possibly slightly painful, but as he moves one it'll feel like bliss.

  21. - Top - End - #1191
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Bushranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuck here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Outside Erin's Emporium

    Nothing seems to be amiss. Or at least any different than normal...

    Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show


    Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

    BR's Bag o' Nuts The Russkijs Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments Pianos Tumbleweeds Drow Bloodline Half-Drow Noble Lacy Items

  22. - Top - End - #1192
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Murkus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Mobile Hospital 1

    Adrian exits his vehicle and approaches the two scientists, holding his own suitcase in one hand. "Are the samples ready?"

    Masks Temple

    On the contrary, any living thing will do. He merely has to put a little work into it.

    A complex series of lines and etchings gets drawn around the flower pot with almost blinding speed. It's drawn down to the tiniest details, symbols smaller than the tip of one's finger, angles positioned perfectly without anything resembling a protractor. In the end, the symbol on, under, and around the flower pot looks like a 9-pointed star, almost filled to the brim with yet smaller enchantments.

    Jack taps the edge of his work lightly, and the chalk produces an audible pop as the ward closes. His forehead has grown a tad sweaty just with the preliminary concentration.

    "Check that in the morning." He says, a little out of breath. "There should be, um, fruit."

    Almost the instant he finishes speaking, one of the smaller symbols sparks and erupts in a tiny blue flame. The flame quickly burns itself out, leaving a miniature crater, and the ward is left... ruptured. Aluskal should be able to feel that the magic is, for lack of a better word, malfunctioning.

    The veins in the orchid's petals suddenly burst forth, growing frighteningly fast, crushing the rest of the flower and pouring off the windowsill. The veins themselves only stop growing so they can split, like purple pods full of peas. Rather than peas, however, a series of large blue nodules spill forth. Like huge beans, nearly bigger than one's head.

    Jack blinks at the near-instant reaction, dumbfounded. He opens his mouth to speak, but is interrupted by a series of slimy cracks. The beans give birth to several tiny, chirping beasts. These transparent, winged worms flutter forth, their miniscule organs splooshing around inside them. With a twitter, one attempts to land on Aluskal's head, likely splashing it with ooze.

    "Or that!" Jack says, acting as if there's no problem at all, more dumbfounded than anything. Without a controlled ward, his power simply devolved into wild magic. And quite a bit of it at that.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-16 at 12:49 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

    "If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

    -Things Our Mothers Tell Us

    Nexus Characters

  23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Red Zone - ExoDAF]

    Spec just keeps running... And running... And running... Eventually, when Spec decides that she is a safe distance away from the building containing the arms dealer. By now she is out of breath and panting rapidly, clearly exhausted.

    "Yeah. I'll just ignore the machine wired into my arm. That totally sounds completely reasonable."

    Spec? Do I detect trace amounts of sarcasm in your speech? I know that you are upset about your device failing you, but you don't need to be mean about it now!

    "On a different note, I guess I',m going to have to find some sort of gainful employment now..."

    Disappointing isn't it. Now you might actually have to push around pencils and pens for a living.
    Trium tries to put an arm around her.

    "It's just... It said he was someone he wasn't. If you can figure out what's wrong with it and get it to work, then that's fine, but until you do, knowing something that's not true is worse than knowing nothing.

    As for you getting a job, if you need a place to stay while you're looking, I've got one..."

  24. - Top - End - #1194
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Gray Area - DMC

    Mia doesn't know what's going on and waits. The guards are very quick in the repairs of the gate and the broken guards where placed near Mia.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    [Stampede! - The Herd]

    Vire and Modarmaskin duck low in the saddle as the bullets zip around them. Some of the rounds strike cattle ahead, who twist and low in rage. Both men drive their mounts on harder, cursing up a storm.

    Duke snarls and swings his gun at the oncoming Dragan, using the barrel as a heavy club. Either way he takes a cut across the shoulder, blood soaking the coat he wears.
    Dragan makes a desperate duck, turning his bike around 180 degrees, the wheels schreeching to a halt and the bike itself almost falling over.
    Anatolij, meanwhile, starts up the engine of his vehicle again, and shouts: This is your last chance: surrender!
    Filimon continues firing at the escaping Vire and Mordamaskin, aiming for their horses this time.

    [Stampede! - The Hill]

    The horse howls as the blade cuts true. It staggers, almost throwing the hobgoblin, who snarls and wrestles with the reins. He wheels the horse around to attempt another pass his sword held low as he spurs the failing horse onward.

    The ogress triggers the cannon, which fires with a roar. The cannonball misses, zipping past them to crash into the buildings of Inside behind them. The cloak about the ogress smolders and burns, and Antoni is able to close the gap to get at the ogress, who raises the cannon to use as a bludgeon against him.
    Stanisław is hit, the blade striking a gap in his armor and drawing some blood. He gnashes his teeth and counterattacks, attempting to cut the hobgoblin's arm.
    Having exhausted more than a half of the flamethrower fuel, Murat unseathes a scimitar and begins closing onto the ogress.
    Antoni directs his chainaxe at the cannon, hoping to knock it back and perhaps damage it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Wolfy's Dance Studio

    Wolfy straddles Reelshka's back and begins to massage her, digging deep into her muscles and along her spine. It's possibly slightly painful, but as he moves one it'll feel like bliss.
    Mmmmmm... yes, that's good, Reelshka mumbles as the massage goes on. Wolfy will feel she's tense at the beginning, but relaxes quickly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  26. - Top - End - #1196
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    [Towards the Park]

    Reviline and Kirk leave Mallside, to take a little walk towards a park.
    Definitely nowhere full of shenanigans of a doomy nature, probably.

    The former is idly hanging onto the arm of the latter, quietly humming and looking up to the moon.
    "Oh Luna Luna, Pearl of the Midnight Sky..."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

  27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gulaghar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beyond the Wall

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    [Towards the Park]

    Kirk looks at her curiously. "A song from your home? You have a very nice voice." He guides her into the park proper, because since when did it take long to walk anywhere in the Nexus?

  28. - Top - End - #1198
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    [Into the Park]

    "The start of a ballad, an appeal to the moon from her wayward children."
    There's the faintest trace of wistfulness, before she glances at Kirk with an appreciative smile.
    "Thank you. It is the only voice I have, so that is good to know."

    The faintest clouds above, have decided to drop a couple flakes of snow down upon the earth below.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

  29. - Top - End - #1199
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    The Alexandrian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dexter's Laboratory
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    [Red Zone - ExoDAF]

    D'aww! A good, old-fashioned arm around the shoulder is a cure-all for this breed of ailment! Spec is appreciative. Not happy. Appreciative. With a sigh, she replies,

    "You'd really let me stay at you're place until I adjust? That's very kind of you."

    And risky, seeing as Trium and Spec haven't known each other for a long time by any means.

    "So, uh, do you know of any business that is currently hiring in town?"

  30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

    [Red Zone - ExoDAF]

    Trium is fairly confident that, seeing as Spec seems to have no magic resistance, she can stop her if necessary.

    "I would. As for anywhere that's hiring, I know the Dancing Fox Inn was at one point, but I think they might have filled all the spots they needed. But I'm sure we'll find you something good. Something at one of the stores in Mallside, maybe."


    [Near Arkham and Cirrus - Inside A Tooth-Shark]


    Since there's currently a spider mine inside the shark with it, the strange creature attempts to wrap said mine in a thick shield of shadows, which, hopefully, will block the blast should it choose to explode.
    Last edited by C'nor; 2011-11-16 at 02:41 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •