New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[Maple Cabin - Night Time]

"Err... I... it's a long story." Kyra replies, unable to really look Sophie in the eyes. "I'm from the the Sonar strands, got turned a few months ago. It's not really anything I wish to talk about though, I can't control it yet." She admits sheepishly.
    "Wh-what are you going to do with me? What's this place called?"

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

Outside- The Other Side of the Lake

"She didn't treat you well! She treated you like property!" Brand objects, angrily. The anger is masking his fear, which is threatening to overwhelm him. He was terrified the entire time he was standing up to the elf woman, but he couldn't have lived with himself if he'd let her walk away with Myrim.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

This is the Good League of Good. And I'm going to help you, Sophie states firmly. She wonders when the "extraction party" is going to appear.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #724

Outside- By The Lake

And that makes Andy angry. now he isn't in the mood anymore to be the good guy. His stand changes to a more aggressive one.

"Your still here in GloG AND I'm a council member. This means you are in my authority region. If you have found your 'PET', I ask you to leave."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Sophie nods.
    I am, actually. I got shot too. By a man trying to kidnap someone from the campsite. Another member patched me up though, and I should recover.
    "Oh, you poor dear." Tarin hugs Sophie very carefully. "Why was someone trying to kidnap people from the camp?"

6. - Top - End - #726

Kyra shakes her head, "I never heard of it... I don't think you can help me though. You don't know my condition. Only the Shendar does." She explains. "The ones at Malezchenar, the shadow vampires." She adds as she see Sophie not recognize the word. "They are coming to get me right?"

7. - Top - End - #727
    Orc in the Playground

Outside- By The Lake

"She's a Marsh Goblin, and she's absolutely adorable." The elf smiles, before turning back to Andy. "I am Malaaraha the Baroness of The'Lendara, Lady of the Forests, Holder of the Midnight Orb and Watcher over the Wild Woods. I can trace my ancestry back four hundred thousand years, and not one of my ancestors was a commoner. You are a human, a race whose culture dates back less than three hundred years. Why should I listen to you?" Wow, that's a lot of titles. And yes, she's arrogant.

Outside- The Other Side of the Lake

Myrim gives Brand a small, sad smile. "Then I was treated better than many others who are also treated as property. I know of people who would kill to be treated as I was."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    "Oh, you poor dear." Tarin hugs Sophie very carefully. "Why was someone trying to kidnap people from the camp?"
    Sophie is hugged and hugs back, also carefully. I have no idea, actually. I and some other members chased them off, but we didn't get to question them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Kyra shakes her head, "I never heard of it... I don't think you can help me though. You don't know my condition. Only the Shendar does." She explains. "The ones at Malezchenar, the shadow vampires." She adds as she see Sophie not recognize the word. "They are coming to get me right?"
    It seems so. I won't let them take you if you don't want to go with them, Sophie says reassuringly.

[Outside - By the Lake]

Reelshka is hanging around there, listening. She's curious as to what the commotion is about.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-13 at 05:51 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

Outside - Other Side of the Lake

"I know... they beat my children," Brand says. And just saying those words aloud makes him break down in tears. It had always been the children who were punished, whenever the parents displeased Ezra. And soon he learned that punishing the children was an effective way to control the Wolfen brothers too.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira's eyes widen, then narrow, glaring furiously at the elf.

"'Pet'? You mean slave!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #731

"I don't think I got much choice. it's that, death, or losing control again." Kyra replies as she slowly get's off the ground and finally dares to glimpse at Sophie.

"So... who and what are you? You must be... very powerful." She asks as she looks over the hunter with awe in her eyes.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

Sophie is hugged and hugs back, also carefully. I have no idea, actually. I and some other members chased them off, but we didn't get to question them.
    "How strange." Tarin sits back in her spot. "They must have had some reason. And if they didn't fulfill that reason here... I guess they must have just gone somewhere else and fulfilled it there."

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think I got much choice. it's that, death, or losing control again." Kyra replies as she slowly get's off the ground and finally dares to glimpse at Sophie.

"So... who and what are you? You must be... very powerful." She asks as she looks over the hunter with awe in her eyes.
    I'm Sophie. I'm human, just with some... special gifts. And I'm here to help. I'm sure we can find a way to keep you safe here if you stay.

"How strange." Tarin sits back in her spot. "They must have had some reason. And if they didn't fulfill that reason here... I guess they must have just gone somewhere else and fulfilled it there."
    Sophie nods glumly. That's what I'm worried about. That they went somewhere else and kidnapped someone. Unless they were hired to kidnap Brand Applehill specifically... but I doubt that.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

Sophie nods glumly. That's what I'm worried about. That they went somewhere else and kidnapped someone. Unless they were hired to kidnap Brand Applehill specifically... but I doubt that.
    "And you feel compelled to stop it, don't you?" Tarin peers at Sophie's face, reading her expression carefully.

15. - Top - End - #735

"Maybe, but how are you going to keep people safe from me? I'm dangerous you know." Kyra replies. "I'm pretty sure I would have eaten you if you hadn't... done that."

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

"And you feel compelled to stop it, don't you?" Tarin peers at Sophie's face, reading her expression carefully.
    Sophie sighs. As always, Tarin hides deep insight into people under her whimsical exterior. I do. I'm not sure if I can, since I have no leads and know nothing about them, but I do.

"Maybe, but how are you going to keep people safe from me? I'm dangerous you know." Kyra replies. "I'm pretty sure I would have eaten you if you hadn't... done that."
    Sophie is silent for a while.
    I know it's dangerous... but helping people is what we do here. I can't just let you be taken away and keep living as a... monster.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground

Sophie sighs. As always, Tarin hides deep insight into people under her whimsical exterior. I do. I'm not sure if I can, since I have no leads and know nothing about them, but I do.
    Tarin tries to take Sophie's hand in her own. "You don't have to fight every fire that starts, you know. There are others who do what you do." If she has a hold, she tries to softly squeeze Sophie's hand.

18. - Top - End - #738

"I don't think I can go back to not being a monster Sophie..." She shakes her head slightly. "But if you want to take care of me, could I have a bath and possibly some clothes? I felt water nearby."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-13 at 06:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

Tarin tries to take Sophie's hand in her own. "You don't have to fight every fire that starts, you know. There are others who do what you do." If she has a hold, she tries to softly squeeze Sophie's hand.
    Sophie's hand is squeezed and she stares at it... or at least in that direction. She has something of a thousand yards stare in her eyes. I know, Tarin. I know that I dive headfirst into every mess I see. But it's... it's so hard not to keep trying to help everyone. I feel like I fail them if I don't.

"I don't think I can go back to not being a monster Sophie..." She shakes her head slightly. "But if you want to take care of me, could I have a bath and possibly some clothes? I felt water nearby."
    There's a lake here, and showers in the cabins. I have some spare clothes, too. How long do you think is it until they come for you?
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-13 at 06:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740

Outside- By The Lake

"I can tell you a few."

He starts reaching forward and with his left hand he shows the numer he calls.

"First! Non of your Titels have any meaning here.
    Secondly! Your family has no power here.
    Thirs! No race domains the other.
    Fourth! I'm one of the authority here.
    Five! I have dokuments to tell you my race is much older than you thingk."

And with the last one he should have reached her and buid a fist. The skin vanish and the green metal arm should be visible.

"And at least. This!"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

Sophie's hand is squeezed and she stares at it... or at least in that direction. She has something of a thousand yards stare in her eyes. I know, Tarin. I know that I dive headfirst into every mess I see. But it's... it's so hard not to keep trying to help everyone. I feel like I fail them if I don't.
    Tarin reaches out a hand to lightly brush Sophie's hair. "It's not fair that this was done to you. That they put this kind of burden on you. Sacrifices are given, not taken; martyrs are made, not chosen. It's hurting you. M-maybe I could..."

22. - Top - End - #742

"24 hours at the most I guess. Depends on when stars pass..." She replies with a shrug, starting to cover up her chest with her arms.

Kyra looks away for a moment before asking, "I... I might need to feed soon... how will we handle that? I need fat. Human fat."

23. - Top - End - #743
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Research Lab
    Adrian might be unhappy to find that the lab lacks one crucial ingredient for the cure.
    The blood from an infected.
    He also might notice someone's trying to message him on his laptop.
    Adrian curses his luck, but makes the partial cure anyway. The zombie-blood... well, he'll have to get that out've Remnant. Time to leave.

The doctor changes back and packs up his things, just getting ready to leave when a message pops on his laptop. He opens it hurriedly, frowning.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #744
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Adrian curses his luck, but makes the partial cure anyway. The zombie-blood... well, he'll have to get that out've Remnant. Time to leave.

The doctor changes back and packs up his things, just getting ready to leave when a message pops on his laptop. He opens it hurriedly, frowning.
    It's that lovable old Q again!
    'Q: Doctor Adrian, I suggest staying away from Remnant.'
    Wonder how she knew that...
    Somewhere...
    A kid was posting videos to NexusTube.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #745

Research Lab

Adrian takes a minute to consider his reply. This person probably isn't joking, especially considering they seem to have anticipated his movements.

"Who is this? Why should I stay away?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #746
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Research Lab

Adrian takes a minute to consider his reply. This person probably isn't joking, especially considering they seem to have anticipated his movements.

"Who is this? Why should I stay away?"
    Research Lab
    'Q: I'm The Queen, at Umbrella.'
    Adrian might remember when he was interviewed at Umbrella when Jane asked The Queen to lock down the room.
    'Q: With the amount of Umbrella Employees that were at Umbrella Apartments that were also zombiefied, it isn't difficult to see that Umbrella could have possibly done this. Which would also mean that Remnant would probably try to jail any Umbrella Employees to get information.'
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #747

Research Lab

That's a risk I'll have to take.

Adrian replies. He can't afford to let this go any longer. With that, he shuts the laptop and heads for his car. Taking off rather quickly.

On the way, he puts in a phone call to Remnant.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Research Lab

This is the OH-DEAR-GOD-HELP-ME!!! Hotline for Remnant. What is the state of your emergency? A friendly woman's voice asks.

29. - Top - End - #749

Towncar

"This is Dr. Adrian Rein. I work for Umbrella Pharmaceuticals." Adrian sighs a bit and winds the wheel to the right as he takes off down the road. "I think I can solve your zombie problem."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-13 at 10:29 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Towncar

And how would that be?
    The woman on the other end asks.

(We can continue in the Remnant thread or Inside to keep it relevant)