New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    By The Lake

"Who are you to stop me from keeping slaves, hmm?" Malaaraha is really quite agitated, now. "And Myrim is mine, I bought her for a lot of money. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find one on the open market?" Because heavily armoured elf-warriors comb swamps where Marsh Goblins live and most sink in quicksand, bottomless mud, etc.
    Zamira's form ripples, as she shifts into her half-fox, half-human War Form. Using the extra speed and strength, she attempts to grab the elf by the throat and slam her to the ground. "I don't CARE how hard it is to find something like that! All I care about slavers is where to find them so I can KILL them! The only reason you're not dead now is that you're not a slaver, just a slaveowner. There's a distinction to me- a narrow one, but there it is.

She's not yours, she never was. And if you press this any further, I. Will. Kill. You. Or just get you to Remmnant, I'm pretty sure they still have the death penalty for slavery. Do you understand me, slaveowner?"

This last word is spat in absolute hatred at Malaaraha. "When you leave here, it'll be alone, it'll be in a bodybag, or you'll be going straight to the city, where I'll be delivering you to Remmnant. Your choice which."

...unless something happens to prevent the grab and slam. If something like that happens, I'll post her reply then.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-11-16 at 06:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    HAHA! THAT'S THE SPIRIT! The dwarf bellows, firing bolts with wild abandon into the group of deer - although none fly towards Koro, and only a few hit anything.

The young deer is startled for a second - a second too long as it turns out, Koro will easily be able to catch it, and murder it good.
    [Forest]

Victory! The hungry beargon sniffs the felled deer a couple times, then starts hungrily tearing into it with his big teeth.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

[By the Lake]

"What under the Light is going on here!?" Calls a Phoenix, his melodious voice cut harsh and tinged with indignant rage as the handsome paladin himself strides angrily towards the commotion, pink eyes flashing.

((Because I thought there wasn't enough pointless conflict to go around as it is. ))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Other Side of the Lake

"She might need an elf to tell her otherwise," Brand says. "I don't think Renetta should have to face her though. Do we know any elves in any of the other groups we could call in?"
    Other Side of the Lake

"It might be a good idea to give her time to cool down, too. She told the human to go away and shut up, and he's not doing it. She's not used to anybody, least of all a non-elf, disobeying her orders. She's getting angrier and angrier whilst talked to." Myrim doesn't seem confident with her orders; she knows Malaaraha well, but this is an alien situation for her ex-mistress meaning that she has no idea how the elf will take it.
    Other Side of the Lake

"Is she travelling alone? Did she bring other slaves - or other slave owners - with her?" Brand asked, worriedly.
    There are the three elves that helped me with the cabins a lot. But they're also ex-slaves, so it's not a good idea to send them either. Plus, same player and all that. And if she has more slaves with her, we can't let her leave with- Earth Queen, what is Zamira doing?! Reelshka stares at the Lunar across the lake.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Bugbear in the Playground

By The Lake

Andy will try stop the fox befor she can reach the elf. I let the decission to Earl, since Andy is near her he may be able to stop her for a moment.

"Cool down. Such intimidating isnt worth this elf." he sais either if he suced or not.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #816
    Barbarian in the Playground

Forest

HAHA! YOU GOT HIM! YOU- HEY, QUIT THAT! The dwarf shouts, ignoring the other injured deer who are limping away and running over to Koro, waving her arms at him at and shouting expletives.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

Koro doesn't stop that. Not for one second. He's hungry, and hungry bears eat. It's sort of a thing they do.

8. - Top - End - #818

Forest

The dwarf will try and drag the deer away from Koro - and likely has the strength to hold her own against him, should it come to that.

If you let me butcher it I'll give you some damn meat!

Show

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

Koro's deer is grabbed, but the bear doesn't let go. This is a game of tog of war that can't end well. Especially if you use the way he's growling as an indication.

10. - Top - End - #820

Forest

The dwarf certainly isn't going to let go - she's probably strong enough to hold onto it, too!

Unfortunately, Koro's probably strong enough to heave her off of her feet rather easily.

LET GO YOU DAMN THING! MAYBE I'LL GIVE YOU SOME GOLD!

Show

11. - Top - End - #821
    Orc in the Playground

By The Lake

Unfortunately, it seems Andy was too slow to stop Zamira, and the elf is easily picked up and slammed into the ground. Just how much of the rant Malaaraha hears is debatable, however; she fainted from shock shortly after hitting the floor. She is therefore unable to reply.

Other Side Of The Lake

"There's four minotaur pulling her carriage and her Hill Dwarf driver down the hill. Be careful with the minotaur; they've had their horns shortened and their shackles are welded to their collars, but one broke both legs of the man who chained them to the carriage, and would have killed him had he not been dragged off. The dwarf's less trouble; he was na-" When Myrim catches sight of Zamira's warform smashing Malaaraha against the ground, she whimpers and ducks behind Brand.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake 3.0

Her teeth are chattering loudly. "But I'm having fun!"
    Lake 3.0

Waterstrider shakes his head and moves to the shore before setting Lily on a warm rock to dry off. "I have fur to help keep me warm, but you need to stay out for a bit."

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

An empty belly can't be filled by gold! Rawr! The bear tugs back violently, and yes, definitely with enough force to pull the dwarf right off her feet.

14. - Top - End - #824

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Forest]

An empty belly can't be filled by gold! Rawr! The bear tugs back violently, and yes, definitely with enough force to pull the dwarf right off her feet.
    The dwarf clings tight to the deer, and is flung towards the beargon.

She's focusing on holding onto that deer, and certainly isn't going to let go just because she's about to hit a beargon.

[Censored, and very loud]

Show

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira flows back to her human form after she realises Malaaraha has fainted. "...whoops.

She mentioned minotaurs, I'm going to go find them.

I don't particuarly care what happens to her once the slaves are freed. You're right, she's not worth it."

She drops Malaaraha on the ground, and starts to head towards the entrance, looking for the minotaurs.

And the Hill Dwarf, but she doesn't know about that one.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

Koro suddenly changed direction and goes for a mighty headbutt. Oh dear.

Poor Koro won't know what hit him.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

[By the Lake]

Phoenix moves towards the unconscious elf's side, attempting to check her pulse. He gives a disapproving look towards Zamira. He won't stop her from going after the minotaurs, but they're going to have to have words later about Zamira just up and intimidating someone and then reatening them with death if they didn't do what she said.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2011-11-16 at 06:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

"She's a slaveowner. I don't particularly care what I did to her."

Zamira's still walking towards the entrance...

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

[Other Side Of The Lake]

Reelshka's ears fall back as she watches what's happening on the other side of the lake. That's... I really thought Zamira was smarter than than, she says dryly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

[By the Lake]

That gets Phoenix's temper up. He stands up in a fury.
    "So what? You think you can just bully and intimidate her wihout repercussions? Like some common thug? Threaten to murder her because she doesn't conform to your world view? This is the Good League of Good! You're meant to be better than this!"

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

[Behind the Cabins]

Annabelle the ghoul prowls around behind the cabins, though she herself is unsure of the cabin names. Spying something scurrying around under one of the cabins, she leaps over towards it and pushes herself underneath to try and catch it. It's a rather amusing-looking scene, this ghoul lying in the grass and dirt, half-under the cabin with her backside in the air. She seems to be trying to grab something.

Someone may just happen across her in this silly-looking state.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

"You'd rather I left her with her slaves? Reasoning wasn't working, and I wasn't going to let her leave without them."

She glares at him. "No, I don't threaten to kill people just because they don't share my worldview. I tell people I'll kill them if they try to unjustly deprive others of their liberty.

Now, I have some slaves to free, unless you think she has a right to keep them."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

[By the Lake]

Phoenix shakes his head.
    "There is always another alternative to violence. If reasoning fails, then you try something else. It could have been as simple as refusing to let her leave without the slaves. We have the means to do that, I'm sure. Or you could simply free the slaves, and take them under protective custody. Resolving something peacefully doesn't mean bending to someone else's will, it just means finding a way around them instead of meeting them head on. But if your next resort is to slam them into the ground and telling them they're going to die for their sins, then you've already failed."

24. - Top - End - #834

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    [Behind the Cabins]

Annabelle the ghoul prowls around behind the cabins, though she herself is unsure of the cabin names. Spying something scurrying around under one of the cabins, she leaps over towards it and pushes herself underneath to try and catch it. It's a rather amusing-looking scene, this ghoul lying in the grass and dirt, half-under the cabin with her backside in the air. She seems to be trying to grab something.

Someone may just happen across her in this silly-looking state.
    Behind the Cabins

Someonething does happen across her!

Across the grounds a horde of specially groomed and bred rats are swarming towards the silly looking ghoul, disturbing the grass in a massive wave as they attempt to reach the safety of the cabins where they can hide in nooks and corners out of sight.

Annabelle may notice them as they dart around her to hide under the cabin she is crawling under. Most of them have white bodies with brownish grey heads and have shiny pelts and eyes. They are clearly meant to look like housepets, and are very cuddly compared to most rats.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-11-16 at 07:27 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

Other Side Of The Lake

"There's four minotaur pulling her carriage and her Hill Dwarf driver down the hill. Be careful with the minotaur; they've had their horns shortened and their shackles are welded to their collars, but one broke both legs of the man who chained them to the carriage, and would have killed him had he not been dragged off. The dwarf's less trouble; he was na-" When Myrim catches sight of Zamira's warform smashing Malaaraha against the ground, she whimpers and ducks behind Brand.
    Brand goes pale. He hadn't expected this kind of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Lake 3.0

Waterstrider shakes his head and moves to the shore before setting Lily on a warm rock to dry off. "I have fur to help keep me warm, but you need to stay out for a bit."
    Lily sticks out her tongue. "You're no fun!" she complains, then gives him a hug and a kiss, and runs off to put on dry clothes. Pansy is sitting with the potatoes, and smiles at Waterstrider, glad to see that he's recovering well, and getting accustomed to having a missing paw.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

[Behind the Cabins]

The ghoul squeals a little in surprise, not expecting to be suddenly surrounded by fleeing rodents. Oh no, it's an uprising! She's sorry! She wasn't trying to eat any of them! Even if she was, she's just always hungry, and sometimes it's hard to resist trying! It's not her fault she's a ghoul!

She calms down just a little, of course, we she realises that they're just running around her, and not intentionally swarming her.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?" she asks aloud, looking around at the rats and bumping her head on the cabin above her.

27. - Top - End - #837

Under the Cabins

As if the sudden swarmings weren't creepy enough, when Annabelle speaks all the rats stop at once and turn toward her. A few stand up on their hind legs and sniff the air, getting her scent for later.

The ones closest to her will move a bit closer, keen on listening to everything she says to report back to their master.

"Chkt..."

"Chktchkt..."

Creepy chittering occurs!
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake 3.0

Waterstrider watches her go and begins to climb out himself. Pansy will see him mutter and curse as he reaches for a rock with his missing hand, but is unable to grab anything. Adjusting his methods, he finally makes it out and wanders over to Pansy to see how she's doing.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Cabins]

This is all very confusing for Annabelle, who looks back and forth between the crowd of rats staring at her and chittering. This is certainly very creepy, but she's a ghoul, so perhaps she's not the best to judge what is creepy.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" she asks confusedly, still unsure as to whether or not these rats are intelligent enough to understand her. They stopped in unison when she talked, so either they understand her or they're some creepy hivemind rodents and she's in a horror movie or something.

That would be a weird movie.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

Lake 3.0

"I can't believe you swim this time of year," Pansy says. *peel peel peel the potato* "But once they saw you in the water, Lily wasn't going to rest until she was in it too."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs