New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [3.5]PEACH!Paladin ACF: Paladin of the Gods!

Paladin of the Gods
    Prequisite: Paladin level 5, must have a patron deity
    Spellcasting: Add one domain slot to your spells per day. You have access to one cleric domain granted by your god and the special ability of that domain (treat your paladin level -3 as equivalent cleric level). At level ten, you may reduce spell of your first domain by 1 level for the purposes of perparing it. At level 15, you gain access to another domain granted by your god, and the special ability of it. At level twenty, you may reduce spells on all your domian lists by one for the purposes of preparing it.
    Specila Mount: You lose the ability to call a special mount

So, any obvious abuses? Is it balanced? I felt it might be a boost, but paladins aren't that good anyway. I may adapt it to some paladin fixes from this forum.
    Last edited by Howler Dagger; 2011-11-16 at 06:07 PM.
    Illud quod aeternitatem iacere potest non mortuus est, ac dis peregrinis etiam mors moriatur.

D&D 3.5≠Pathfinder

Typhon by Kaptainkrutch. Thanks to TylerB7 for the latin

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]PEACH!Paladin ACF: Paladin of the Gods!

The reduced level is abuse-happy, considering many domain spells are already reduced by one level then normal. (for example "time" domain, don't remember where from, grants a level 2 haste spell, with this its a first level spell...)

I would have just given the domain spells and powers, its quite alot by itself, learning 8 spells and gaining 2 feats is alot, even in the long run. (lets assume that because many domains actually grant feats, or feat equivalents...)

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]PEACH!Paladin ACF: Paladin of the Gods!

On the other hand, the reduction is kind of necessary, given that paladins have the slowest type of spellcasting progression in the game (4th level spells at level 14). Haste as a 1st level spell is hardly ridiculous when you can only cast it once or twice and the cleric is casting 5th level spells.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use