Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Pure-Hearted Soul (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

Pure-Hearted Soul
    Prerequisites: Undead type, non-evil alignment
    Benefits: Your rejection of the evil that was used to create you has returned some semblance of life to you. You are healed by positive energy and damaged by negative energy as if you were a living creature. This feat does not remove or change any of your other undead traits.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pure-Hearted Soul (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

Looks like a simple but incredibly useful feat for anyone playing an undead character for some reason. Good!

STaRS (and STaRS Lite)
    A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system, by me. Now officially released!

Grod's Guide to Greatness
    A big book of player options for 5e, by me

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Male

I believe you can also use Human Heritage to be healed by both positive and negative energy (since humanoids are healed by positive energy and you keep your undead traits, meaning you're also healed by negative energy).

Also, it renders you unturnable (since your type is no longer undead).

How does this work with turning, by the way?
    Last edited by Rubik; 2011-11-17 at 04:38 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rubik View Post
    I believe you can also use Human Heritage to be healed by both positive and negative energy (since humanoids are healed by positive energy and you keep your undead traits, meaning you're also healed by negative energy).

Also, it renders you unturnable (since your type is no longer undead).

How does this work with turning, by the way?
    I don't have my copy of Races of Destiny on me right now, but I don't think that undead qualify as "half-human races". Especially not if they're zombie giants or wights or wraiths.

Even players who would take this feat (necropolitans, and perhaps vampires or ghasts) probably wouldn't qualify for it.

As Tomb-Tainted Soul doesn't give you vulnerability to turning, Pure-Hearted Soul does not offer any protection from it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    I don't have my copy of Races of Destiny on me right now, but I don't think that undead qualify as "half-human races". Especially not if they're zombie giants or wights or wraiths.

Even players who would take this feat (necropolitans, and perhaps vampires or ghasts) probably wouldn't qualify for it.

As Tomb-Tainted Soul doesn't give you vulnerability to turning, Pure-Hearted Soul does not offer any protection from it.
    Wow, Seraphi, you have singlehandedly fix my problems with this thread. My DM will have no problem with okaying either feat, so this solves all my problems ^^

EDIT: Necroposh is an Acquired Template, not race, so any base creature that qualified before undeath should qualify afterwards.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2011-11-18 at 02:06 PM.