A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [Magical Burst] In the Abyss of Reverie

Welcome to the OOC thread! Ah, I love the smell of a new thread in the morning.
    The IC thread is that way.

Here, you are welcome to ask questions, roll, claim colors if they want, and just do OOC things.
    I will kindly ask all new players to post their character profile and social links before joining the IC thread.

Click here for a complete, updated social chart.

Here's a list of preexisting PCs and NPCs you may use as social links, both player- and GM-made, in addition to NPCs you may come up with yourself:

{table=head]Magical Girl|Real Name|Element|Oblivion Seeds|Status
    Nightmare Hunter Amaya|Takenaka Amaya|Death|0|Alive
    Golden Princess Nagisa|Nagisa Akiko|Sun|1|Alive
    Lunar Mai|Huzhima Mai|Love|1|Alive [NPC]
    Lyrical Star Ami|Hino Ami|Sound|1|Alive
    Paradise Witch Munin|Aoyama Mitsuki|Joy|0|Alive [NPC]
    Absolute Magister Sadako|Uchida Sadako|Rectification|0|Ready for recruitment
    Tsukaka|Matsubara Tsukaka|Chaos|0|Ready for recruitment
    [/table]
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2012-02-21 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Magical Burst] In the Abyss of Reverie

*Jumps into OOC Thread*

Squatters rights! *Sits down in the corner*
    Last edited by TheNabster; 2011-11-22 at 06:06 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Takenaka Amaya, Nightmare Hunter Amaya
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mundane Attributes
    = Aggro 6
    = Cool 5
    = Sharp 7
    = Social 3

+++

Magical Attributes
    = Fury 6
    = Heart 3
    = Magic 9

+++

Magical Element: Death
    = Effect: Double Action
    Magical Power: Walk through Walls
    = Effect: Magic Shield
    Magical Weapon: Nuenotsume (Clawed Gauntlets)
    = Finishing Attack:
    + Shadow of Finis (Piercing Attack)
    + Konoe's Savior (Precise Attack)
    Costume: Navy and gray school uniform highlighted by bits of jagged, black armor.

+++

Girl Type: Crafty Delinquent
    Crisis: On a rare day that Amaya is forced to go to school, she awakens from a mid-lecture nap to find everyone in her class had been killed, gruesomely sliced apart by some unknown entity. She immediately books it.
    Roots: Desire for a more interesting life.
    Wish: None at the moment. Would have been to “live in a less boring world,” but the existence of magical girls and youma seem to be satisfying that. (if there absolutely has to be a wish I’ll think of something)

Background
    Spoiler
    Show
    Up until the night she became a magical girl, Amaya was a rather bitter and hateful person. At a young age, her father had died in a car accident, leaving her to grow up with an emotionally abusive and often inebriated mother. Although she had shown must promise at school she absolutely despised the place, believing it to be full of leeches and idiots. Because of this, the girl spent more time in abandoned buildings and alleyways than she did at school or her home, shoplifting food and other necessities when she needed them.

Despite her aversion of people, however, she would occasionally steal away to libraries and movie theaters. The various media served well as escapism, though in the end they only ended up reinforcing her overwhelming boredom and antipathy when she came back to reality. Still, no matter how much it hurt to face the real world afterwards, she would delve into these fantasies gleefully, dreaming of a life full of fantastical adventure and praying for something similar to happen to her.

This plea did not fall upon deaf ears. In fact, it fell upon the exact right ears; those of a tsukaima . When the creature offered her the chance to become a magical girl, she barely needed to give the decision any thought. Gain access to otherworldly power? Taking on demons who would destroy the world?

This was gonna be awesome.

===

Tokyo works. Quite a big place to work with, after all.

For the profiles, do you mean the stuff we already posted in the recruitment thread? If so, should we add anything?
    Last edited by Lykan; 2012-02-29 at 03:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, the stuff in the recruitment thread, and no, there isn't anything to add, the important part is putting all the information in a single post and editing it whenever it is important to do so (advances, etc).
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Nagisa Akiko, Golden Princess Nagisa

Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mundane Attributes
    -Aggro 7
    -Cool 3
    -Sharp 5
    -Social 6

Magical Attributes
    -Fury 10
    -Heart 6
    -Magic 3

Magical Element: The Sun
    -Effect: Magic Boost (Fury)
    Magical Power: Flight
    -Effect: Regeneration
    Magical Weapon: Heaven's Hand (Gauntlet)
    -Finishing Attack: Solar Radiance (Barrage Attack)
    Costume: Golden Armor

Girl Type: Vengeful Younger Sister
    Crisis: The death of Nagisa Yui, and her legacy.
    Roots: The heir to her sister's place.
    Wish: Either to revive her sister, or to take her place as a hero for the world.

Total XP Earned: 9
    Advance 1: Fury 9 to 10

Background
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nagisa Yui, the Celestial Knight, A magical girl of grace and power, with the strength of the sun, moon, and stars. Unyielding and incorruptible, a figure to lead the way to a new age, a hero that could part the oncoming darkness, who could weather the fiercest storms and come out unscathed in body and mind.

At least, this is how Nagisa Akiko remembers her, even in her last moments, fighting courageously against the black void that sought to consume her, something dark and terrible that she could not make out, that Yui's light ultimately could not stand against. In a single moment, her sister and shining ideal were torn away, leaving a gaping hole in her heart that demanded to be filled.

This is how she became something that perhaps she was not meant to be. Akiko did not have Yui's potential, nor did she see in herself the qualities she so admired in her older sister- but she did have one thing, one catalyst that changed everything, opening a new way for her: a tattered piece of her sister's armor, the right hand gauntlet.

It's difficult to tell if Akiko really has her own potential and power, or has somehow simply inherited a portion of her sister's before her. Many of her aesthetics match those of her sister, and there are moments, brief hints and flickers that Akiko might not entirely be in control of her own power- but that someone is, someone who is still watching out for her.

Relationships
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aino (Fury)
    Strain: [ ][ ][ ]

Part 1: Prologue
    Aino doesn't know Akiko- or at least, not very well. She has, however, become quite aware of the Golden Princess. A flying knight in golden armor catches attention, after all.
    While Aino is fascinated and torn apart with curiosity, Akiko is protective of her identity, a conflict which has slowly bred to a rivalry between them. Somewhat envious of Akiko's magic and skill, Aino persistently chases after her, while Akiko uses every trick she can think of to avoid Aino. Every encounter between them exponentially escalates the situations they get into in the course of their chase, and both refuse to be beaten, though so far, Akiko has been victorious.

Part 2: Clash
    Aino was revealed as a magical girl under the tutelage of Tindalos! Tempers ran hot as the two clashed and tested their power against one another, but though Aino came out victorious, Akiko offered her friendship and camaraderie before the two parted ways.

Hana (Heart)
    Strain: [●][ ][ ]

A lot of people have been offering comfort to Akiko since her sister went... missing. Largely, it's been fairly awkward and uncomfortable for her. Hana, however, has been much laid back about the situation, and for some reason, Akiko has found more comfort in that. It's not uncommon for the pair to skip school to find some other activity to occupy their time.

Kimura Haruna (Fury)
    Strain: [●][●][ ]

Haruna is not Akiko's friend. Indeed, there can be a bit of friction between them.
    But Haruna was the best friend of Yui, and that mutual loss has left something of a bond between them. It's not about them being alike, because they certainly aren't- Haruna is fairly classy and rules focused, and Akiko is increasingly less so. But even if it can get a bit heated, they encourage each other to go on, and to keep growing for Yui's sake if nothing else.
    Having learned of her sister's place in the world, Akiko now wonders whether Haruna might have formed a contract with a tsukaima as well... but she has no answer, nor does she know a way to bring it up.

Amaya (Fury)

Ami (Magic)
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2013-03-06 at 01:01 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Mai Huzhima

Spoiler
    Show
    Family name: Huzhima
    Given name: Mai
    Girl Type: Innocent Love-fool
    Magical Girl Roots: I can fight for love and justice!
    Wish: I wish for that my best friend would get better
    (If her best friend dies before she can wish her better, she will wish that no one ever can be sick)
    Crisis: Her best girl friend got sick, very very sick, with no reason.

Magical Girl Name: Lunar (Rolled for)
    Magical Girl Costume: A dress in rainbow colors, with hearts on it and butterflies flying around her. (Rolled, Rainbow, Heart, Butterflies.)
    (If the butterfly thingy is not allowed they will just be on the dress.)

Magical Weapon: Magic staff, where the top is a Heart, it also has silver decorations on it. (Rolled for what weapon, placed the decorations myself)
    Magical Element: Love (Rolled for)
    Magical Power: Healer
    I rolled 3 times for this;
    First I got: Healer
    Second I got: Animal Form
    Third I got: Red Thread

Magical Effects: Magic Shield (Element), Magic Boost(Power)
    Finishing Attack: Piercing Heart.
    (Piercing Attack)
    (Attribute: Heart)

Magic: 6
    Heart: 9
    Fury: 3

Aggro: 3
    Cool: 5
    Social: 7
    Sharp: 6

----

Tokyo sounds great (:
    This is my...

You cannot have it!
    You can try to breach the gates!
    But i will Never abandon my Couch Fort!!

7. - Top - End - #7

RedWizardGuy

Hino Ami

Spoiler
    Show
    Family name: Hino
    Given name: Ami
    Girl Type: Left-out Tomboy
    Magical Girl Roots: Maybe the other magical girls can be my friends. I don't have any friends right now
    Wish: I wish to have my voice.
    Crisis: Her best friend and 'interpreter' tried to commit suicide and has moved away. Since she tends to rationalize her disability in unhealthy ways, she blames herself for not being able to communicate with him properly.

Also, she is lonely. Very, very lonely.

Magical Girl Name: Lyrical Star
    Magical Girl Costume: Silver Gothic Lolita, with a clasp for the Viola case and bow attatched to the side and a long white scarf.

Magical Weapon: Viola and bow. The bow is razor-sharp, and playing the viola is a magical attack.
    Magical Element: Sound
    Magical Power: Empathy

Magical Effects: Magic Strike (Element), Healing Touch(Power)
    Finishing Attack: Dreadful Symphony.
    (Delibating Attack)
    (Attribute: Magic)

Magic: 9
    Heart: 5
    Fury: 4

Aggro: 5
    Cool: 7
    Social: 3
    Sharp: 6

Background:

Spoiler
    Show

Ami was born mute to overworked, glamourous jet-setting parents, and like the worst stereotype they did not want to care for a child that was not 'perfect', so they left her with an Aunt and an Uncle, two police officers in [CITY] and left her there, coming over to see her only once every summer and winter. This was possibly for the best, as said Aunt and Uncle proved to be much better parents than her birth ones would likely have been, if equally overworked, but glad of the company and also for their debts to be paid off my Ami's parents.

Ami was a quiet child in more ways than the obvious, but she did have a firm friend in the young boy of the family next door, a Takimine Junpei, who was the boy who learned sign language and acted as her interpreter for her life, right up until the recent day where he, for reasons unknown to her or anybody, tried to commit suicide. His family moved out of the city and left Ami alone and unbalanced, just in the right time for a Tsukanima to come up and make it's offer.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Ami is studious and hardworking (traits taken from her foster parents) but rather socially nervous if observant, and at first seems to have an icy personality. She's not very good at keeping that last part up, though, because she will latch on to people who seem to make a dedicated effort to communicate with her rather too easily. She is also something of a tomboy, physical activity being something of an outlet for the frustration she regularly feels.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Once Gaius posts the 5th profile here, we'll run the 3 "rounds" of social link making. It's not really problematic if we're not done with that by the time the roleplay starts because there won't be any fight or real reason to use magic right away, but let's not delay it too much...
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2011-11-24 at 12:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

RedWizardGuy

Since Ami's aunt and uncle are currently nameless NPCs, I shall name them Akane Hamaguchi and Hachiro Hamaguchi respectively. Although I think I got the family name and personal name the wrong way around.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

IIRC, by Japanese convention, last name goes first, and the given name second.

11. - Top - End - #11

A bit of a random question concerning attributes in relationships: What exactly would a Magic relationship be? I know it says in the book about it being "common involvement in the world of the magical," but does that leave anything outside of other magical girls?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

On top of my head, this could also be:
    - people who know you are a Magical Girl
    - people who saw you perform magic or were affected by it
    - people you saved from a youma and who remember it
    ... and maybe more that I'll check on a case-by-case basus. As a rule of thumb, if magic is involved somehow or was the event that brought you closer together, then it's a Magic relationship.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Social link time!
    To answer previous questions: no, you don't have to select any of the pre-made NPCs if you don't feel like it. Yes, you can - and ideally should - use NPCs you came up with, such as your uncle, or aunt, or brother, etc...
    Now, here's an NPC list. You're free to have them as acquaintances or family members.

Yuri
    Freelance photograph. Starts taking spontaneous pictures for the art, but catches more and more strange events on film. A girl who is sometimes unintentionally intimidating because of her gothic tendencies, but actually is quite friendly.

Ren
    Schoolboy who joined the music club originally to flirt with girls, but turned out to really enjoy playing the flute. Very confident in his reputation as a manly dude. Enjoys new experiences.

Hana
    Schoolgirl with no particular interest in the supernatural events or school, or even the rules generally speaking. Goes out a lot. A pragmatic girl who only really worries about the karaoke club, and looking rebelliously cool.

Rei
    Has become a loner since she lost her mother but highly values her close friends. Always listens carefully to what people have to tell her. Rapidly loses her patience to injustice.

Aino
    Competitive but is a good sport, and easily guilt-tripped. Tries and act tougher than she really is, with mitigated success. She has a hard time finding a balance between forgetting about her classmates, and being overly generous toward them.

14. - Top - End - #14

Another silly question: Who goes first here? Does it matter? >.>;

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

I don't believe an order is really necessary, I trust you with that part of the character creation process.

16. - Top - End - #16

RedWizardGuy

Starting off Ami's relationship with her Aunt and Uncle:

Hamaguchi Akane and Hamaguchi Hachiro (Heart): Ami's family and foster parents. She loves and respects them very much, although she constantly measures them up to imagined versions of her birth parents. For their part, they do the able best they can, but they are both very overworked and not sure how to deal with this turbulent time.

17. - Top - End - #17

Arrrrgh... -_- Very sorry for the disappearing act, everybody. Things continued to come up, and kept me from internet access for a crazy long time. I don't see it happening again any time soon, but I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Mitsuki Aoyama, Paradise Witch Munin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Family name: Aoyama
    Given name: Mitsuki (Mitsu)
    Girl Type: Big Sister
    Magical Girl Roots: "Using magic and that kind of power... It's selfish, but it's always been a dream."
    Wish: "I wish to empower all people to define their own happy endings."
    Crisis: "I remember the end of the world, as clear as if it had just happened to me a moment ago. I have to try to stop it."

Magical Girl Name: Paradise Witch Munin
    Magical Girl Costume: An indigo evening gown covered with flowing and intersecting lines of gold-stitched runes;* gemstone pendant emblazoned with an omega symbol.
    * the pattern, type, and order of these runes shift at 'significant events' (meet someone important, an important decision, enter/survive a battle, etc.); she believes they tell the stories of her evolving destinies at a given moment. The omega symbols stand out clearly and always end a line.

Magical Element: Joy
    - Magical Effect: Healing Touch
    Magical Power: Weave of Fate
    - Magical Effect: Regeneration
    Magical Weapon: Raven (known as Hugin; appears to have been mechanically enhanced: among other things, wings, talons, beak, and part of the torso look sleekly technological, run through with softly glowing runes)
    Finishing Attack: Euphoric Destiny (Binding Attack)
    The target is assaulted by an overwhelming feeling of ecstasy and spellbinding visions of desirable futures. Unless shrugged off, focusing on the now becomes very difficult indeed.

Attributes
    Magic: 9
    Heart: 6
    Fury: 3

Aggro: 3
    Cool: 7
    Social: 6
    Sharp: 5

Background:
    The Aoyama household was rather well off, at one point. Mitsuki was the oldest of the three children, and her mother and father enjoyed their work, comfortably high in managing a successful firm. They were a very happy family, altogether.

Almost two years ago, this changed. Mitsuki never learned the details -- and thought it rude to ask -- but a scandal rocked the company. In only a week's time, the entire firm collapsed. The family was subjected to a very public trial for months. Mercifully, the evidence was found to be falsified and the Aoyama parents were released, but the damage to their reputations was considerable.

Calling on all contacts available, they managed to find new jobs through an old friend of the family. Unfortunately, these jobs were in America. And involved working many hours. And were not especially lucrative. They simply couldn't afford to work those hours and look after the kids. They spoke with Mitsuki's aunt -- a relatively recent widow -- who agreed to look after her little niece and nephew.

Her parents were broken up about the necessity, but Mitsuki helped calm them down. She was alright with the situation, she claimed, and assured them she and her younger sibling would be just fine. It wouldn't be forever, after all. This reassured her parents, and everyone else to whom she repeated it. Perhaps she even believes it, now. Though her little brother thought he dreamed she was crying, the night their parents left.

It's not ideal, by any means, but the divided family is managing. Everyone seems to have adjusted. Mitsuki's always happy to talk to her parents -- and see them, on rare visits -- but seems not to think overly about her situation. It seems like she's just settled into a routine. And then along came a tsukaima...

And, for convenience...

Relationships
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aoyama Yori (9) (Heart)
    - Mitsuki's younger brother.
    The little squirt's pretty adorable, according to most, and very bright. He used to be incredibly loud and exuberant, but he became very quiet and withdrawn when the new circumstances began. Everyone was worried, but Yori's started to open up and become more of his old outgoing self, since their parents' visit. Of course, this also means Mitsuki's 'keep little brother out of trouble' duties have increased -- to her exasperation, sometimes -- but she's relieved he's feeling better. He's developed a fascination with the supernatural, particularly gods, spirits, and creatures of myth and folklore. He seems eager to investigate any sign of magic he can. Mitsuki's unsure if he'll figure out her little secret -- or how he'll react if he does -- but is considering telling him about it.

Aoyama Kenichi (38), Aoyama Hina (39), Tsukima Kaede (55) (Heart)
    - Mitsuki's father, mother, and aunt respectively.
    The Aoyama parents are only able to call every so often, and are usually exhausted when they can. It's a far cry from all the doting they used to do, but daughter and parents give each other the love and support they all need. The parents' visit last year showed they're still just as much a family as ever.
    Though it took some time, Mitsuki warmed up to her aunt, and cares for her almost as much as her parents. Kaede, for her part, was glad not to be alone in the house, after her husband's passing. She can be a little stiff and old-fashioned, but almost views Mitsuki and Yori as the children she never had.
    Last edited by Gaius; 2011-11-30 at 06:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Tell you what, when we finish making relationships, I'll actually turn it into a map like the rulebook suggests. Won't take but a few minutes in inkscape to make something that looks nice.

As for relationships, I'm honestly at a bit of a loss for Akiko. The real relationship that defines her is the one she had with her sister, but she's a little... dead.
    But because of that, I don't really want to emphasize her family.

I think what may be best is for her to be focusing on the magical girl side of her life, as she's throwing herself into that.

Any suggestions?

19. - Top - End - #19

Fujioka Nori (Heart)
    A quiet girl from another school that shares Amaya's love of literature. They often spend time together waxing philosophical about the meaning of life, the direction of humanity, and pastries, as well as occasionally catching movies together. At the base of the relationship, Amaya likes the intellectual stimulation and companionship Nori provides*, while Nori is amused by Amaya's rather snarky and cheeky demeanor.

*(in addition to something of a minor crush, though it's nothing she'd admit to)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

@Vael: I can do the map myself if you want, I've got the resources needed on my computer to draw it. Makes more sense for me to do it.
    As for Akiko? It would make sense for some classmates or teachers to be concerned and help her with the grieving process, having lost her sister suddenly and all. It counts if they're the ones initiating the relation, as long as Akiko doesn't alienate them.

@Gaius: glad to see you could make it!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Huzhima Kiara (Heart)
    Kiara is Mai's older sister, she is taking care of Mai as their parents often goes on business trips and when they are home, they are mostly in the office.
    Mai likes when her sister is around and they often go out and eat together, and shop together.
    This is my...

You cannot have it!
    You can try to breach the gates!
    But i will Never abandon my Couch Fort!!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Hana (Heart)

A lot of people have been offering comfort to Akiko since her sister went... missing. Largely, it's been fairly awkward and uncomfortable for her. Hana, however, has been much laid back about the situation, and for some reason, Akiko has found more comfort in that. It's not uncommon for the pair to skip school to find some other activity to occupy their time.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2011-11-27 at 11:17 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

My turn: adding a link between Ami and Aino (Fury).
    Whether Ami wants it or not, since they found out they lived in the same street, there is a sort of unspoken (no pun intended) rivalry between the two schoolgirls. Sometimes, Aino encourages her to outdo herself to make the competition worthwile. It may be a little embarrassing, but she seems reliable in her own, weird way, should the need arise.

If you're not okay with my links, again, just tell me.

24. - Top - End - #24

RedWizardGuy

All good to me! I'd imagine Anino has picked up a little bit of sign language, especially the swearwords/insults. Those ones are easy to understand and have quite the visual impact.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Sooooo should we each post more now?

26. - Top - End - #26

RedWizardGuy

Yuri (Magic): Yuri was rescued from some Yoma by Ami one night when she was out looking for some 'strange stuff', and the girl left quite an impression, so now Yuri is out looking for this new scoop. Due to Ami's actions, Yuri tends to act as if she were the strong, silent, dramatic type, and Ami is too embarassed to correct her, which can lead to some rather odd and out-of-character behaviour around the photographer.

27. - Top - End - #27

Hamaguchi Akane and Hamaguchi Hachiro (Fury)
    ???
    Two police officers Amaya has a habit of running into due to her particularly unlawful lifestyle. Despite the fact that they antagonize her on a fairly regular basis, Amaya appreciates their attempts to get her to reform and views them as the only two real positive role models in her life.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Good news all around!
    For starters, the IC thread is here.
    Secondly, have a temporary relation chart; Heart relations are in red, Fury in yellow, and Magic in blue.
    Lastly, I made a character table in the first post for easy browsing.
    So, you're welcome to reply to the introductory post. The social links will need to be finished for everyone however before anything can really happen ICly.
    Enjoy!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. How long will our characters have been magical girls? Would it be feasible to know one or more of our group already from that?

Edit: Ah, just read the IC thread. A week huh? Probably not. Hmmm.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2011-11-29 at 11:42 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

You all have been contacted by Octar during the previous week. It is feasible for several of you to know each other as Magical Girls already, if you are the kind to bond with people quickly.
    At best, you have minimal experience (as shown by Ami's link with Yuri: enough to survive and help a human or two, but not defeat a youma and get their Seed), but no Oblivion Seed, and, most importantly, no real information beyond "you agreed to become a Magical Girl; there are monsters called youma you couldn't see before and it is your duty to protect people from them; youma drop Oblivion Seeds, bring 13 of them to me and I can grant you a wish; see you behind Zojoji Temple on that specific day at that specific time; I must go now; by the way, take that pendant, it's important, don't lose it". If you practiced your powers, you have an idea of what they do. I'll assume you didn't have time to abuse your powers enough to get Overcharge, of course.
    Social links between your PCs are of course allowed, and if you want them to be Magic links, it can be assumed they are being formed right now in IC, by virtue of having been recruited by the same tsukaima and learning more about your new nature.

Hope the above cleared up everything.
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2011-11-29 at 11:57 AM.