New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Huh I didnt know the comic had updated. I'm not that shocked my strip was so close, because we all know how this goes by now.

The smart thing for them to do is book the wedding in, say, ten years. Now they're invincible for a decade.
    At least in your strip, one of the two characters thought it was a bad idea.
    So you still need to double the lack of logic to reach Mookie's level.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLI: No Morals! No Quarter! All Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    At least in your strip, one of the two characters thought it was a bad idea.
    So you still need to double the lack of logic to reach Mookie's level.
    Wait, Dom and Luna were actually entertaining the thought of having a proper traditional wedding before dealing with the world eating horror? Right after kicking the proverbial hornet's nest? Instead of eloping and having a quick marriage service before getting back to being heroes, they were actually going to plan a ceremony and invite all their friends and family like nothing was wrong?

They really were, weren't they.

Edit: No wait, it was a big ceremoy but not boring and traditional like squares have. They were getting married as orc princesses. I remember now.
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2011-12-12 at 12:42 AM.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    No! You said it! Now it will happen!

By the way, your strip makes zero sense to me. But Mookie's strips make negative sense, so your strip is better in that area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    And mwchase, that is pretty bad, lol. Do better.
    I can try getting back in practice, actually drawing people, and stuff, over the next few days, and redrawing it after finals. I've got six and a half hours of draw-time left, and IMO, the script is actually fairly solid Mookie-logic. To whit:

One of Dominic and Luna recite a platitude about life. Mookie decides to draw things out, so he switches to Coldfire Academy, where Nimmel and a werewolf teacher are discussing magic, and how Nimmel is awesome (and he's wearing a hatlike thing because I was too lazy to ref his hair). He gets invited to the faculty Solstice party, and makes a relatively subtle time-keeping pun while wondering whether he's about to end up fraternizing with another faculty member. In short, divert from the main plot, into something that might relate to it vaguely, but doesn't really. Also, it's about Nimmel, who is awesome.

Actually, put like that, it's a rehash of a whole bunch of bits of Dominic and Luna's relationship, kind of.

I think I'll try coming up with a completely original concept and drawing that. I'm feeling skeevier than the doctor from The Brain That Wouldn't Die. (We watched horror movies last night, for some reason. They made an awesome amount of no sense.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizor View Post
    If I go crazier and end up writing fantasy, my magic will not be called the Power or the Talent or the Gift.

It will be called by ancient Elvish words that translate as Oh Dammit.
    Great Szark avatar by Toast1862.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

The reason a kiss looks so horribly wrong is because they look like pigs. And thier supposed to be human.

So there is an uncanny valey effect of two pig looking humans kissing.

In addition: Mookie is pretty much staling HARD.

Hes repeating the same scene over and over:

"Should we marry? I donno- Lets snog"

5. - Top - End - #905

Imp

Well, at least we got that out of the way, and we can move on to -
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie
    You can pretty much expect gooey romance like this from now until my annual holiday break at the end of next week.
    sonofa
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Well, at least we got that out of the way, and we can move on to -

sonofa
    And yet another example of why we should NEVER read the news post.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

I am forever indebted to Mookie, because at least my theoretical comic, while actually looking worse, would advance the plot somewhat, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Behold:

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah. Four and a half hours. Five minutes of which were spent "writing" it, whereas two hours were taken up by wrangling with GIMP and its interface - you can't imagine how much time I wasted because I forgot what layer I was working on at the time.
    Anyway, first thing I've drawn in years, and I probably don't need to mention that I never was good at all. So while my own badness doesn't amaze me, the fact that Mookie has a decade of constant practice on me and still isn't all that far ahead of me does.

Also, drawing yourself makes you notice just how lazy the man is. I cut a lot of corners and only used a very limited amount of poses here, and Mookie is just as bad when it comes to this.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2011-12-12 at 02:19 AM.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

You know, at least Maltak gave us crap to talk about. It was entertainingly painful. This is simply painful.

And my god, is Mookie ever horrible at romance. I have very low tolerance for overtly mushy stuff in the first place, but man, he somehow goes and makes it all worse.

Whine, gripe, moan, complain.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

9. - Top - End - #909
    Orc in the Playground

I decided at the last minute to get in on this whole fancomic thing. Only because I suddenly had an idea. Getting the scanner to work and such took longer than the comic, I promise you that-- but I ddddon't think the lack of effort shows in the final product.

Warning: I only draw in vector for a reason. My real drawings are really bad. ...Taking about ten minutes total doesn't help though.

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, yes I think that's better than the real follow up to the last comic.
    With Open Eyes
    A terribly formatted, unfinished site containing a bad comic.
    Oh and I also have a dA account.
    ---

10. - Top - End - #910

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    Behold:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to think the big panel is of the King trapping Dominic in one of his long-winded speech bubbles.

I want to see the Infernomancer wedding arc now.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So Dominic and Luna are going to have their public wedding anyway despite the threat of a world eating abomination that hates them?

When Bill and Fleur from the Harry Potter series had a wedding in similar circumstances, everyone at least took precautions against possible attack. And the moment those precautions failed, everything went to hell. Who wants to bet that when Dominic and Luna have their wedding, it'll be all sunshine and rainbows with no problems whatsoever? The only justification I can come up with is that King David and Snuggles believe that interrupting a wedding is in bad taste.

Unless it's one of those "Fated Fatal" things, the bloody wedding disaster has zero chance of actually happening.
    Last edited by M84; 2011-12-12 at 02:56 AM.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

In other bad webcomic news, I had a dream that Tim Buckley of CAD infamy framed me for murder.

13. - Top - End - #913

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    Unless it's one of those "Fated Fatal" things, the bloody wedding disaster has zero chance of actually happening.
    Haha, like a Fated Fatal is ever going to happen again. I mean, Sigfried is already dead. Twice.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

Welp, here's my page, took me 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Remember back then when Mookie treated 4 panels as 1 update and when he started doing 8 panels it was like getting double updates everyday? I decided to go for that coz I couldn't find any way to stretch the script for 8 panels. I like my plot straight to the point.

EDIT: Fixed grammar mistake.
    I hate to admit this, but it does seem like you are a little bit better than Mookie at drawing
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

15. - Top - End - #915
    Barbarian in the Playground

One of y'all married kids is going to have to explain this to me, but what exactly is so important about getting married that it has to happen as soon as possible, and not before you deal with existential threats? Is dual-filing taxes really that exciting and important? Is the ring you get at the ceremony actually a magic weapon? I am all at sea here.

I also gotta say, I like Luna's implication in the second panel, where their choices are deal with the king and the beast so they can get married, or just don't deal with them and don't get married. Common-law marry, and live in a world with the King and Snuggly indefinitely. That's a viable option.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

16. - Top - End - #916
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mmm vomit kiss.

Wait

17. - Top - End - #917
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    One of y'all married kids is going to have to explain this to me, but what exactly is so important about getting married that it has to happen as soon as possible, and not before you deal with existential threats? Is dual-filing taxes really that exciting and important? Is the ring you get at the ceremony actually a magic weapon? I am all at sea here.

I also gotta say, I like Luna's implication in the second panel, where their choices are deal with the king and the beast so they can get married, or just don't deal with them and don't get married. Common-law marry, and live in a world with the King and Snuggly indefinitely. That's a viable option.
    There has to be a corny scene where Luna deflects a fatal beamspam with her wedding ring through the power of love. That's why.

18. - Top - End - #918

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    There has to be a corny scene where Luna deflects a fatal beamspam with her wedding ring through the power of love. That's why.
    It would be like that scene from Krull when the heroes used a ceremonial wedding flame to incinerate the villain. Except Krull actually made that scene look cool.

I never thought I'd ever be able to positively compare Krull to anything. Don't get me wrong -- I liked the movie, but it had just about every fantasy cliche in the book.
    Last edited by M84; 2011-12-12 at 08:03 AM.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait... For two weekends, you just talk about video games, and then the one weekend I'm away from internet, you do a great drawing project. No fair, guys

Cough. So... I've been gone the last nine days and am trying to catch up with everything. Did I miss anything funny in here?
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

One of y'all married kids is going to have to explain this to me, but what exactly is so important about getting married that it has to happen as soon as possible, and not before you deal with existential threats? Is dual-filing taxes really that exciting and important? Is the ring you get at the ceremony actually a magic weapon? I am all at sea here.[/I]
    It's a Ring of Protection from Moral Guardians +10, which also gives a perpetual Share Insurance spell. Situational, but highly useful.

That said, Dom and Luna's priorities are all kinds of messed up. Either you want to get married and get that declaration there to support you emotionally while you go save the world, or you want to go save the world and then get married. Don't skip the saving the world part.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

21. - Top - End - #921
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Cough. So... I've been gone the last nine days and am trying to catch up with everything. Did I miss anything funny in here?
    We had a discussion about what colors one should dress in, mainly what goes well with purple.

Somebody also unearthed this interview with Mookie, which is metal.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2011-12-12 at 09:54 AM.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, but these are dual-filing Callanian taxes, which we all know are horrible and evil and byzantine and printed on the skin of puppies who have been flayed backwards while still alive. It is vitally important that they get married before tax time. Jesus, man, haven't you even LISTENED to what Facebath has been singing about?
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

23. - Top - End - #923
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

YEAH!

So what do you guys think happens next?

It just makes me sad that instead of taking a vacation mookie rushes out cruddy strips. Unless that actualy IS his highest quality.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Orc in the Playground

So, I know it's too late now, but I decided to vectorize the crappy scribble I posted before. Took me... maybe 5 hours total? That's almost half what Mookie takes.

Spoiler
    Show

This isn't super good either. But it's better than the scribble.
    With Open Eyes
    A terribly formatted, unfinished site containing a bad comic.
    Oh and I also have a dA account.
    ---

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Wait... For two weekends, you just talk about video games, and then the one weekend I'm away from internet, you do a great drawing project. No fair, guys

You can still draw? Screw the rules, you have a pencil?

Quote Originally Posted by Toast1862 View Post
    So, I know it's too late now, but I decided to vectorize the crappy scribble I posted before. Took me... maybe 5 hours total? That's almost half what Mookie takes.

Spoiler
    Show

I like panel 5. It looks like Snuggly is sucking out the filling of a chocolate bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

26. - Top - End - #926
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Well I suck at drawing, but Im a Idea guy. I know how to use ideas and pretty much help out with understanding.

And as I see it: DD is completly unsalvagable.

Simple reason? No like-able characters.

27. - Top - End - #927

Why are you guys so worried? If all works out, we'll get to see Mookie's pitiful attempt at a bachelor party and Luna being gutted due to stupidity. If worst comes to worst, it'll still be better than Ctrl-Alt-Del's marriage, by virtue of not accomplishing such a feat being patently impossible and hopefully illegal. It's a win-win as far as horribly stupid stories go.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

28. - Top - End - #928

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Wow, that looks really appealing. I'd keep reading that comic. I love the wedding balcony wide shot in panel 3.

And since it's vector, cut-and-paste works if done appropriately. If you were doing this as a long running comic you would eventually have a large library that should cut down the time by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArsenal View Post
    Well I suck at drawing, but Im a Idea guy. I know how to use ideas and pretty much help out with understanding.

And as I see it: DD is completly unsalvagable.

Simple reason? No like-able characters.
    Anyone can work with a few tweaks. If Dominic was treated like Blackadder or Bernard Black from Black Books, protagonists that are selfish arrogant jerks, then it would work. But those types of protagonists are put in settings where it's a struggle to survive and any attempts to improve their situation end in humiliation.

I'm confused about DD right now. Everyone is suggesting that they're going on with the wedding anyway. I suppose that's a possible reading of Luna's statement, but I never parsed it as that because it's so... stupid.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Needs more focus on boobs and ass. Have the beast pull her apart, so you can have a nice foreground shot of each. And you call yourself a DD fan!

Or, y'know... Good job and stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

I meant that The next arc will suck. No matter what. The tapestry of plot holes and sewn together patches of mookie shark are all ripping apart.