A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 48 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1432
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Seen previously ...

    The heroes make their way east for about 10 minutes, ridding their new wolf mounts into a small road bordered by a thick forest. Ashe is the first to spot a small wolf coming their way as he reach the top of a slope. At first, the wolf froze and nearly bolted into the forest, but changed it mind and sprint toward the heroes at high speed.

    As it come closer, Ashe Ace and Bolerum recognize that wolf, which isnt a wolf but an elven druid maiden in animal form. As she come closer, she revert to her true self, becoming the beautyful elven woman the heroes met earlyer.

    "Melora be praised, it is you. When I spotted the wolves I thought you were some more goblins."

    You all can hear some releif in her voice. As you look closer, you immediatly notice that she look tired, if not exausted. It is also eviddent that she have seen battle since you splitted up with her sooner today.

    "We need your help again. Some orcs are after the farmers, they are in full flight being me. Tell me the path forward is clear and you arent fleeing some enemies yourself. I've heard horn in that direction, ", says the druid pointing north-west, in the general direction where you fought the goblins.
    "I think they can communicate or something as they all appear to get closer to us each time the horns are blown."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I started a new thread since our last was kinda big now. Link is in the first row to refer if need be.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Bolerum

    "It looks like we're all in luck! Except the goblins ..."

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    The north-west should be clear, the horns you heard in that direction was us setting a trap for some goblins. Other than the group behind you, there is a group to the south-east as well. Let us get back to the farmers and see what assistance we can provide.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    DM
    The elven maiden nod to Ashe and shapeshift in her wolf form.
    The group move forward again, with the druid keeping pace with the wolf without any trouble. It take only a few minutes before you come into sight of the group of farmers.

    As you see them, they appear completly exausted. Most of them are on the cart pulled by two horses, but a few still walk going as fast as they can, which isnt really fast. You note that there is a few more injured mens in the cart, including the seasonned fighter that was helping Lei Grall sooner. You also note that everyone is quite dirty, including the horse and cart. They surely found a spot on the road where they encountered mud holes and had to work hard to make it past these.

    As they spot you, a few people appear happy and releived, but most of the people morale is so low that most people stay silent with grim faces.

    An other thing that strike Ace Ashe and Bolerum, is the fact that Baldric, Eliael and Tam arent with the group of farmers.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Marius

    Marius spurs his mount beside the cart, and hands off the reigns to another member of the party. Swinging up onto the wagon, he looks through the wounded, doing what he can for them. "Who has been in charge of your defenses during the fighting?" He asks of any of the concious wounded.

    [Spoiler][heal - (1d20+5)[25]. If I need to make multiples, let me know how many. Trying to ease the pain of the wounded and get any of them that can still fight back on their feet./spoiler]
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Bolerum

    "Where are the others who were to be defending you?"

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    DM
    With a quick glace, Marius knows threating the wounded will take time and start to work immediatly.
    One of the injured, the only man wearing some sort of armor and carrying a longsword, reply to the warlord.
    "Their friend Eliael led us to battle at the bridge to clear us a path. Lost a few mens there, but we managed well enough. Since then, we have been fleeing and didnt encounter any resistance, but Lei told us we are being chased by even more orcs. Eliael and his two friends decided to buy us more time by slowing down the orcs and set up an ambush or something. We kept moving onward to not loose time and they left me in charge in case we needed to defend ourselves again."
    Marius can see that the man apear to have a nasty wond on the left leg. It have been crudely bandaged. The man probably can walk on it if need be, but he is keeping his strenght right now. You also all can sense in his voice that he doesnt think much of they chances if they do encounter something hostile again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice roll!. I ask only one roll.
    You will be busy taking care of the wounded for some time. You still can talk, but you cannot really do anything else (or you'd stop helping the wounded).

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    DM
    Lei Grall look at Bolerum, her face a bit grim and complete the soldier word to awnser Bolerum quesiton more precisely.

    "When you splitted up with us, we moved on the road up to the bridge.... but it was guarde by a group of orcs. We had to defeat them. As Jack just said, we managed well enough, but one of the orc fled into the wood. By the time I could track it down and locate him, he had licked up with an large band of orcs. I ran back ot the group and spurred them onward without any delay. I stayed back to see what the orcs would do and when they decided to track us down."
    The elf take a short pause and drink a bit of water and continues,
    "At least, most of them are heavyly armored and slow. We manage to keep up and build up some diatance for some time, but our pacing slowed down with time and the orc started to gain on us. Eliael, Baldric and Tam decided to try and slow them down. They succeeded for sure as the enemies havent caught up with us yet, but they didnt stop them completly. "
    The elven face show sign of concern as she add,
    "I dont know what happened to them, I simply hope they managed to strike and flee. I know that some of the orcs are missing and a couples are injured now. I didnt see any sign of them being captured. At least, it did delay the orcs, and a with the injuries, their group appear to be slower."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Ace
    The Vistani tips his hat when the wolf sembles. Miss Grall, a pleasure to see you hale and hearty. After they follow her to the farmers, Ace immediately notices the absence of their companions. Bolerum asks the question before he does, and he listens intently to Lei's explanation. Tam and Baldric are masters of healing magic, and Eliael of defensive dweomers. And he wields Greenbane. I must have faith that they are alive and well. He turns to the farmers. We will not abandon you again! If it takes my last breath, I will see that you all reach the gates of Bord-Eau! he shouts, trying to raise the spirits of their charges. He turns to Ashe. We should see if we can redistribute the gear with the wolves and speed this caravan up, eh? Any extra gear can go in my Bag of Holding, for expediency's sake, he says.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy, to inspire the farmers: (1d20+10)[21]

    What sort of check would it be to effectively rearrange the gear/switch out mounts to increase the group's overland speed?
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    DM
    Ace words appear to reassure most of the farmers and raise morale. This, coupled with Marius work in the cart is starting to pay up. The burden for the horse being lessened, they appear releived and to be able to pick up some speed. Even the farmers, now seeing hope are speeding up a little.

    Spoiler
    Show
    For the reorganisation of the burdens, I was tempted to say common sense, but to truely mesure it (as it is a really good idea), I'd say nature as is a measure of natural creature capacities (mounts and humans). If someone would want to aid the primary roll (note that failing the aid other give -1), they could roll an heal check (to evaluate the physical shape of the different people/animals).

    So if anyone want to try Ace suggestion, tell you are rolling for it and throw the dices.
    Also, if you guys wanna be helpers, tell ASAP (could be before someone tell he want be the primary roll on it) , as when I give the roll result, it will be too late to help :) (I'll try to let you guys have time though)

    NOTE : Marius cannot help in this, as he is busy healing people still, but his skill roll reduced the nature check DC already (As more people will be in shape to walk = less burden to organise).

    It might start to be a bit eviddent, but you guys are kinda resuming your previous skill challenge (thought it changed a bit - you did earn 2 more successes by eliminating two threats (lizardfolks and one group of hunters)).

    EDIT : Ace speach did raise the people morale making them a bit more vigorous (giving them a bit of speed and détermination). He earned a success.
    Also, Marius Skill check earned a success (almost forgot ) as the burden will be lessened on the cart horse (a few more people able to walk)

    Success : 8
    Failure : 1
    I am not telling you how many success are needed BTW
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2011-11-28 at 02:43 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Bolerum

    Seeing the urgency of the situation, Bol pitches in with brawn instead of brains, pulling and shoving wagons through the mud when they get stuck, manhandling barrels and even shouldering a yoke.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Athletics: (d20+9)[24]

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    DM
    The paladin unmount and start helping everyone around, using his physical attributes to keep thing moving forward when needed. At first he was only thinking about the cart, but it becomes quickly evvident that he can do much more, sometimes carrying a child, or helping someone who fell into some mud of is having trouble walking. Still, his effort helps and minimise the caravan halts.

    Ace start to walk around offering to carry people stuff to lighten them up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Damn, you guys roll high.
    Ok, Bolerum skill is a succeess. This make you busy for now (like Marius is)

    NOTE : Ace grant a +2 bonus for nature check to redistribute burdens.

    Success : 9
    Failure : 1
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2011-11-28 at 03:36 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Quickly checking the animals, Ashe begins to redistribute the load.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Nature: (1d20+9)[27]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    DM
    Ashe goes around the beast first to check their state and evalute their strenght. He orde rpeople around, placing the slowest and more injured în the cart, and placing the one in better shape on the wolves. He also establish a rotation between the people to have people relax alternativly and help everyone regain their breath a bit and make them go even faster.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I dindt not wait to see if Monique wanted to help Ashe, as it is evident with that roll that he doesnt need anyone help
    Damm, the dice god like you all.

    Success : 10
    Failure : 1


    Only missing Monique skill use.

    You guys all can also roll an endurance check in advance, as I will require a group check after monique skill roll. You can do it in OOC if you want

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Monique lets the people who are more familiar with the situation take charge.

    As the farmers begin to make good progress, she decided to try to help herself. Being no good at physical labor, she attempts to lead a prayer for the soldiers who lost their lives at the bridge, and for hope for the future, and a safe journey to Bord-eau

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+2)[5] endurance check
    (1d20+10)[17] religion check
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    DM
    With the conserted effort, the group pace increase slowly for the first 15 minutes hour. Ace keep encouraging people, while Ashe maintain a good balance between the beast and make sure the most tired have some time to relax riding the wolves. Marius finish healing the injured and get down to give an hand to Bolerum who keep working hard to make sure the convoy keep moving. Monique start a song of mourning for the lost ones that is quite appreaciated among the farmers, easying a little of their worries for the soul of their lost ones.

    They finialy get out of the dense forest about 25 minutes after the heroes found the refugees. From that point, they are in some cultivated hills. In about 10 minutes they can see some burned down farms and reach it after about 5 minutes. One of the farmers say,
    "That's Nick farm. I hope he made it alright to Bord-Eau.

    Not wasting a moment, the take the path going south, toward Bord-Eau. At that point, everyone start to feel the burden of exaustion starting loom over their head. The group start to slow down and the heroes work harder to compensate.

    The group cross an other small forest in about 20 more minutes and comes by a river. The heroes start to feel the effect of their own effort with their aching muscles. Ashe and Monique have trouble keeping up, but the rest of the heroes give them also an hand and they manage to find some needed rest.
    At this point, the main path continues south, but there is a path that fork west along the river that isnt on the map. One of the farmers say,
    "Oi, this way bring closer to the nort' gate quicker. I Kno' it, use it often."

    Lei who have been scouting for most of the time, coming back and forth between the farmers group and the enemies run toward the group, drawing their attention. To the horizon, atop an hill about 10 minutes behind the group, you can spot some orc scout. The orc pull out his horn and blow an other hunt call. The replies are the usual, but you happyly notice that the other group are quite far, even the south one that probably had trouble with the river since thye last called. Still, this releif is cut short by the rest of the orc start to appear atop the hill.

    A few seoncds later Lei Grall reach the group and revert to her elf appearance.
    "Dont stop, go forward, we are getting closer to the city. We must not give up now."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Monique Religion check doesnt grant a Success, but it give a +2 bonus on the next check to affect the farmers morale(diplomacy/Bluff/intimidate)
    The group endurance check is a success, granting an other success (3/5 passed it).

    Success : 11
    Failure : 1

    Anyone can try a skill check right now.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2011-11-28 at 06:46 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Ace
    Go, go! Don't give up now! We are nearly there; if those orcs want to catch us, they'll have to work for it! shouts Ace, rallying the farmers. Don't make our friends efforts in vain! We cannot let the bastards win!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy, incl. +2 from Monique: (1d20+12)[23]
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Marius

    Looking behind, Marius grimaces. "I think we should form a rear guard and sortie with the greenskins to give the rest time to escape. Maybe Ace should stay with the wagon to give them magical support should things go badly.. Marius is grim, but stern.

    Spoiler
    Show
    How far from safety are we and how far behind are the orc?
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Bolerum

    "On your way, good farmer folk!" Bolerum encourages, "The raiders won't show you any mercy. That's as well, though - once you're safe, they'll be the ones crying out for it!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (d20+8)[20]

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    DM
    Ace take the lead and start to encourage everyone else, while Bolerum the rear with everyone else. Their words stir up the group that start south-west along the river. The road is quite flat and dry, which helps a lot. Still at one point, a large mudhole block the path, but everyone put all they strenght and they pass it quickly. After about 15 minutes the group reach the main road again that runs west. At this point, they can see the top of one of the wall tower. This bring even more hope the the farmers that increase their pace with even more encouragements from the heroes.
    The group can still see the enemies after them but they appear to loose ground. After a couple more intense minutes, the group can finaly see the north gate. At that point the orcs finaly give up chase and turn tail as the group of refugees reach the road going south toward the gate and a dozen soldiers pour out of the gate to go help the humans.
    The leader of the soldiers order him mens to help you all and bring everyone inside. After a couple minutes, you all cross the gate. After a few minutes ot regain your breath, the milicia sergeant come to see you.
    "Are you ok? From what I gathered, you guys helped these... wait I know you. You are one of the mens that helps us clean the street and defend the wall when this all started right?"
    The soldier look at Ace.
    "Glad to see you are alright. Captain Brasseur was looking for you this morning and ask us if we had seen you come back. I'll tell him you are back in the city."

    Many of the farmers comes to see you to thank you, before they leave with a group of soldier for some of the temporary camps that have been made in the city.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Ace earn the last success.
    Skill challenge completled, you all gain 150 XP. This bring you to 3400 XP.

    You made it to town. What do you guys do?
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2011-11-28 at 07:56 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Ace
    The Vistani breathes a heavy sigh of relief. Lady's blessed pull, that was damned close! He takes off his hat and begins fanning himself, bent over in exhaustion. When the militiaman approaches him, he nods. Indeed I was. Thank you; you can tell Captain Brasseur that I will be back at the inn resting. We've had a long day, and I've many wounds to nurse, he replies, before dismissing the man, unless someone else wants to say something to him. As the farmers approach, he returns their things to them from his bag of holding. A little girl skips up to him and he smiles, withdrawing her stuffed bear and bending down. She quickly snatches it up, mutters a 'yankou before dashing off to join her parents.

    Ace grins a sort of melancholy smile, then rises, taking in a big breath and exhaling. As he pauses for air, finally in the safety of the city in quiet, he lets out a cackle. I smell worse than Gruumsh's armpit! I just realized I haven't had a chance to properly wash my clothes since we raided the tomb! He smiles at his friends. I need to go clean up and rest; I am completely worn out, and there are some people in the city I need to speak to this evening, so I'd best get moving. With that, his tips his hat and dashes off as best he can towards the inn, for sleep and a well-earned bath and clothes cleaning.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ace is going to take an extended rest before he goes to speak with William and Zorana. He needs to recuperate a bit, and he also needs to clean himself up; he prides himself on presentability, and he is currently in no condition for official meetings.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Marius

    "Well met, soldier, glad of your assistance. I thought we would have to go toe to green toe with those greenskins. Do you have time for a drink? I'd like to learn about the local situation...more than I already know from being in the woods with greenies."

    Marius lets the soldier recommend a bar. If the soldier insists that he cannot leave his post, Marius will find off-duty soldiers to talk with.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to see what the tactical situation is.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Bolerum

    Looking back at the retreating orcs, the paladin briefly looks like a ravenous man contemplating a skewer of mutton. He then shrugs and follows the others into town.

    "Should the walls need another defender, I'm your man," he informs the sergeant.
    Last edited by Leewei; 2011-11-28 at 09:16 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Having reached the safety of the walls, Ashe's shoulders visibly relax. It has been a long and tiring few days since he left the city in search of the other adventurer's of which only Ace remains and he is glad to be back in the city. Wait up Ace, I think I will accompany you to the Inn, I could use a good nights sleep in a real bed.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NotScaryBats's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Monique contemplates the town. There was no inkling of information about the Chest, and now she's been helping villagers for days. She slips off and heads to see if there is anywhere that sells magical rituals. Some of those items they found had no owner, and with a little elbow grease, Monique thought she could squeeze some residuum out of them.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dunno if I can, but I'd like to grab the enchant / disenchant magic item ritual(s)

    Away from books so I dunno how much they cost or if a level 3 character can learn them.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Stand Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    When they reach the Inn, Ashe quickly approaches the man behind the bar. What can I get for a hot meal? After making his selection of a meal, I'll be at that table over there when it's ready. He says, nodding to a table in the corner of the common room. With that, he heads over to take a seat, pausing to listen to the threads of gossip passing through the room.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Streetwise: (1d20)[18]

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Ace
    Ace tips his hat to the innkeeper as he proceeds up the stairs to get cleaned. Once he is done meticulously caring for his clothing and his own cleanliness, he crawls into his bed for some well-deserved sleep.

    OOC: Since a lot of the characters aren't spent enough to need an extended rest right now, you guys are welcome to keep RPing and doing other things while Ace sleeps.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    DM
    Ace and Ashe return to their inn, while Marius talk a little with the soldiers. Being on duty, they dont have time to go for a drink for now. The warlord is told to head to the Green boat tavern, where most of the sodlier of this district head to drink after their shift if he really want to chat with them later.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Marius would require a streetwise check. Diplomacy could be usefull if he goes see someone in particular (not sure you have anyone of that nature you know yet though).


    Monique heads out to do some shopping while Bolerum check if he can do something to help out.

    Humffrey discussed with Lei Grall a bit and salute Bolerum.

    "There is a few things I need to check in town for now. Let's meet up later at their Inn."
    The dwarf point the sorcerer and avenger walking down the street, then join up with Lei Grall and head east, toward the market district.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume here that you all know where Ashe and Ace Inn is.


    Ace and Ashe get what they need at their usual Inn.
    "It is nice to see you two again. I'll have a room ready. The lunch today will be some chesse and bread. You'll have to forgive our meager portion, but with what happened with the food storage, we have to cut down a little.", say the Innkeeper.
    With the Innkeeper words about lunch, Ace and Ashe realise that it is only about noon right now. With their share of action and exertion, it feels as if it have been a full day. Still, Ace take a deserved bath to relax a bit and heads to bed. He have a little bit of trouble finding sleep, but end up snoring quickly enough.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ace get to sleep around 2 PM.
    Ashe streetwise will come in private message soon.


    Meanwhile, Monique heads to the market district. She does find a ritual shop. When she ask about these rituals, she realise that she have trouble understanding them and will need a bit more time to study and strenghten her own knowledges.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Monique isnt high level enough for Enchant/transfert/Disenchant magic items yet.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2011-11-29 at 09:52 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    tigerusthegreat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    Marius

    Marius thanks the soldier, and heads off to the Green Boat Tavern to get the lay of the land. Once there he chats up with the off-duty soldiers, and tries to uncover any information about the state of the city and its defenses. He also tries to find out who is in charge of the defenses.

    Spoiler
    Show
    streetwise - (1d20+4)[15] (yay for a skill I am not good at).
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

    DM
    Marius find the Green Boat tavern easyly. He spend most of the afternoon drinking and chatting there.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Note for everyone, when you guys have done what you wanted to, tell me (In OOC if you dont have any reason to post an action IC).
    When everyone is done, I'll fastforward up when you all meet up (around 8PM - when Ace wake up ) for dinner.
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2011-11-29 at 11:03 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •