New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Telekineticist (3.5 D&D, PEACH)<-really, you should.

So make first feat let you place a charge for one of the abilites (make that wording more clear) then a second that allows you to invest Hands for an ability that it can use as it sees fit. I.e. make giant walls or just really tough.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Post lost to the next page? Bump for appearance I guess...

Oh, but what that guy said earlier does sound cool, I just have no idea how to do it lol. Pyro/Cryokineticist sounds fun...maybe make it interact with the elements themselves instead of generic stuff...then again my Epic PrC is being designed for that...

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

As I said... just replace force with fire on an unarmed TK, then refluff.
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shall post up rewording and 2nd discussed feat once I get another free moment, next day or so.

As far as a Pyrokineticist goes, using the unarmed TK and Elementary my Dear Watson (fire) would do just fine, surely?! I deliberately worded the feat so it applies to any Hand ability which may add Hands for damage for just this reason!
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

I suppose. But it wouldnt apply to a normal TK using TK Fighting. As adding Hands doesn't add damage die...

6. - Top - End - #396

Nope, just Force Burst and Focused Shield for the standard TK, but unarmed and Beast Savants will get more benefit I guess. There's always the Pyrokineticist if you want to set things on fire really well...hell, a 10th level Beast Savant could probably enjoy that PrC better than anything else in the EPH!

Will rework those feats tomorrow, should have some time by then!

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    World Warper

7. - Top - End - #397

Crystallise Hand
    Spoiler
    Show

Requirements: Telekineticist of 4th level or higher, you must permanently sacrifice one of your Telekinetic Hands.
    Benefit: When you take this feat, you permanently reduce the number of Hands you posses by 1. This Hand is crystallised, becoming corporeal and functioning almost identically to a psicrystal, except as noted below:
    • Treat your effective psion level as your Telekineticist level - 3 for the purposes of calculating your Crystallised Hand's properties.
    • Remove Share Powers from the list.
    • Replace Deliver Touch Powers with the following:

Crystalline Reach
    You may deliver a Force Burst, Force Fling, Far Trick or Focused Shield through your Crystallised Hand, treating it as the centre of your TK range for all effects of that ability. To do so, the Crystallised Hand must be within 5ft of you when you invest Hands in the ability, you do not regain use of these Hands until the Crystallised Hand delivers the ability or is destroyed.
    If you are a TK Savant, you may deliver any touch ranged Warp Reality ability in this same manner.
    • Treat the Channel Power ability as reading 'TK Hand ability' instead of 'powers' in every instance. If you are a TK Savant you may also use your Warp Reality abilities in this manner.

Special: Your Crystallised Hand counts as a psicrystal, and this feat counts as the Psicrystal Affinity feat for the purposes of feat requirements. You count as having a manifester level equal to your TK level - 3 for the purposes of qualifying for psicrystal feats. If your Crystallised Hand is destroyed, you regain the use of the Hand you sacrificed after 1D4 days. You may create a new one whenever you wish, but may only have one at any given time.

Is that any better? Slightly awkward wording but it now covers just about everything and is as succinct as I can muster today!

Crystalline Mind Schism
    Spoiler
    Show

Requirements: Crystallise Hand, Psicrystal Containment
    Benefit: As long as your Crystalline Hand is holding psionic focus, whenever you use Crystalline Reach you may opt to surrender any number of your Hands to your Crystalline Hand for it to use on any Crystalline Reach ability. These Hands return not to you, but to the Crystalline Hand when used, allowing you to activate multiple Crystalline Reach abilities before the Crystalline Hand need return to you. The Crystalline Hand uses these abilities as if it were a duplicate of you, but may only use a single ability each turn and always as a standard action. You may spend a move action each turn to direct your Crystalline Hand, otherwise it behaves as your protector, defending you and attacking anything which threatens you.
    During this time, you may not use the surrendered Hands for any other effects, although the Crystalline Hand's destruction or a full round action (which provokes attacks of opportunity) returns control of all Hands to you. This effect only lasts for a number of minutes equal to your Charisma modifier after which time the Hands automatically return to your control.

That is possibly one of the nicest abilities I have EVER written into a feat, I hope you guys like it!

World Warper

8. - Top - End - #398
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Veklim View Post
    Crystallize Hand
    Spoiler
    Show

Requirements: Telekineticist of 4th level or higher, you must permanently sacrifice one of your Telekinetic Hands.
    Benefit: When you take this feat, you permanently reduce the number of Hands you posses by 1. This Hand is crystallized, becoming corporeal and functioning almost identically to a psicrystal, except as noted below:
    • Treat your effective psion level as your Telekineticist level - 3 for the purposes of calculating your Crystallized Hand's properties.
    • Remove Share Powers from the list.
    • Replace Deliver Touch Powers with the following:

Crystalline Reach
    You may deliver a Force Burst, Force Fling, Far Trick or Focused Shield through your Crystallized Hand, treating it as the center of your TK range for all effects of that ability. To do so, the Crystallized Hand must be within 5ft of you when you invest Hands in the ability, you do not regain use of these Hands until the Crystallized Hand delivers the ability or is destroyed.
    If you are a TK Savant, you may deliver any touch ranged Warp Reality ability in this same manner.
    • Treat the Channel Power ability as reading 'TK Hand ability' instead of 'powers' in every instance. If you are a TK Savant you may also use your Warp Reality abilities in this manner.

Special: Your Crystallized Hand counts as a psicrystal, and this feat counts as the Psicrystal Affinity feat for the purposes of feat requirements. You count as having a manifester level equal to your TK level - 3 for the purposes of qualifying for psicrystal feats. If your Crystallized Hand is destroyed, you regain the use of the Hand you sacrificed after 1D4 days or you may recreate a destroyed Crystallized Hand after a similar period. You do not lose experience if it is destroyed. You may create a new one whenever you wish as a full round action as long as it has not been destroyed, but may only have one at any given time.
    I put some edits in bold. Otherwise I say this one is ready for the list. Any other thoughts from people about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Veklim View Post
    Crystalline Mind Schism
    Spoiler
    Show

Requirements: Crystallize Hand, Psicrystal Containment
    Benefit: As long as your Crystalline Hand is holding psionic focus, whenever you use Crystalline Reach you may opt to surrender invest any number of your Hands to your Crystalline Hand for it to use on any one Crystalline Reach ability, chosen at the time of investment. This ability cannot be changed until Hands are reinvested to it. These Hands return not to you, but to the Crystalline Hand when used, allowing you to activate multiple Crystalline Reach abilities before the Crystalline Hand need return to you. The Crystalline Hand uses these abilities as if it were a duplicate of you, but may only use a single ability each turn and always as a standard action or the normal action type, whichever is longer.

You may spend a move action each turn to direct your Crystalline Hand, otherwise it behaves as your protector, defending you and attacking anything which threatens you.

During this time, you may not use the surrendered invested Hands for any other effects, although the Crystalline Hand's destruction or a full round action (which provokes attacks of opportunity) returns control of all Hands invested in the Crystallized Hand to you. This effect only lasts for a number of minutes equal to your Charisma modifier per investment of Hands; after which time the Hands automatically return to your control.
    I like the second one. Gives you a nice tool. I added some edits to it as well. Some are there just because of potential future content that I dont want to get abused, some are just to ensure clarity. Let me know your thoughts :)

Oh, and apparently spellcheck says you cant spell :P Crystallize has a z not an s at the end lol. I fixed it in the above parts.

9. - Top - End - #399

Quote Originally Posted by DerTollUdo View Post
    I put some edits in bold. Otherwise I say this one is ready for the list. Any other thoughts from people about it?
    Looks good to me dude, edits make sense

I like the second one. Gives you a nice tool. I added some edits to it as well. Some are there just because of potential future content that I dont want to get abused, some are just to ensure clarity. Let me know your thoughts :)
    Again, edits are good. Happy with that one indeed!

Oh, and apparently spellcheck says you cant spell :P Crystallize has a z not an s at the end lol. I fixed it in the above parts.
    Alas, the corruption of my fair language continues! No, I have not made an error in my spelling, because I am English (well, half English, half Welsh but that's neither here nor there), and as such I spell English words the correct way, like aluminium, honour or crystallise. Excuse my fervour in this matter, but I'd rather not be corrected on my spelling by a computer programme using language data from an upstart rebel colony who can't speak or write the language we gave them without getting it wrong!!! [/END RANT]

Ahem....is there anything else we needed to cover? Working again on the idea of a couple of 5 level PrCs for the TK which should cover some monk-style funky and one for a bard crossover which you might REALLY enjoy (if I can get my brain into gear on the topic)...

World Warper

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

I will get around to adding the feats soon then :)

You cant [/end rant]...you never [/start rant] lol

And I do believe that I can in fact speak and write my language just fine :P despite being an upstart rebel :) Besides, nowadays it really isn't English anymore. Its American. It has become significantly different enough from the source that it is either a dialect or a new language. I dont know which...but anywho...

More PrCs are always great. My epic one is sort of on hold as my brew partner is currently about to earn his degree and is short on time. Although if you can think of anything that would be cool to see an epic TK do let me know :)

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

And I do believe that I can in fact speak and write my language just fine :P despite being an upstart rebel :) Besides, nowadays it really isn't English anymore. Its American. It has become significantly different enough from the source that it is either a dialect or a new language. I dont know which...but anywho...
    Man... English is slang loosely held together by a dozen languages grammar. Being irritated that America has crashed it a few times is like being irritated a teenager crashed a clunker pickup. Yes there is now some superficial damage, but it was trashed to begin with.

Still... you are using a American made word processor, so ha.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

12. - Top - End - #402

Hehehe, what have I started?!

Anyhow, 2 of my players have promised me they'll go through the class fully and flag up any issues we may have all missed, should have results of that by next weekend if they keep to their word. Also, one had a good idea for a feat chain, but I'll develop that more when I get time!

World Warper

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Since I may be making a Telekineticist soon, I have to once more ask about the Pure ACF.

Standard hands is: 1+1/3 level+conmod
    Pure says it modifies that to 1/level so is Pure:
    a) Only 1/level
    b) 1+1/level+conmod
    My first foray into homebrew: The Circuit Mage

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Pudgy kitty needs more views

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bonehoarder - Necromantic Skeleton Shapeshifter
    Tahrven Millos - Arcane Hierophant
    Hordemaster Kordan - Ebon Initiate ... mostly
    Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Rooshkdor - Arrow Demon Archer
    Galen Medon - Batman?

14. - Top - End - #404

Should be 1 + 1/level + con mod. Sorry, shall get that fixed/clarified asap!

Do let us know how it goes, we'd love to get some impartial TK testing data!

I have a string of feats in development atm, keep an eye on here for them, they might be best suited to the Pure since they work a little bit like reserve feats, and the Pure can spare the hands!

World Warper

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

It is actually only 1/level+conmod. They don't need the extra 1. It would be a little game tipping...early on at least. This is where I have been testing the power out, and can say there are a few times I feel the need of 1 more Hand, so it is good...Admittedly it is 1 more to make something stronger but still.

I have liked your feats in the past, and will eventually banish the lazyness of not putting them on the main page with your class too...possibly even now...

EDIT:AANNNDDD it's been updated with new feats and the PrC. Added wording to be more specific in Pure, and since I was reading it added some minor touches to Unarmed.
    Last edited by DerTollUdo; 2012-09-23 at 08:19 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

So, Veklim, any luck with those feats and rereadings?

Edit: Tk flight does not state an action. Move action to start and stop sound good?
    Mental strength does not state the speed that you can move the first weight category...thoughts?
    Last edited by DerTollUdo; 2012-09-30 at 07:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

also, this now has a sister page on briliant gameoligists

You guys can keep working here, or move over there at your discretion. I will try to update at least monthly with the latest version for both sites.

I mostly copied stuff there as I could condense what I felt was a major project into a smaller space, and to protect against this thread going dead.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

18. - Top - End - #408

So, Veklim, any luck with those feats and rereadings?

Edit: Tk flight does not state an action. Move action to start and stop sound good?
    Mental strength does not state the speed that you can move the first weight category...thoughts?
    Sorry, time and energy are both at a premium just now, have a little time his afternoon so shall work on a couple of the feats now.

TK flight is good as a move action, aye. Pretty sure we discussed this ages back but it must have slipped through our edit nets! Well spotted Der.

Mental strength makes sense to be 40' or base land speed, whichever is faster. I see no issues with this, unless you have serious reservations.

As a side issue, you haven't posted up Elementary, My Dear Watson! in the moved feats section, it is very useful to the feats I'm presenting below, and may provide a model for other options if anyone has any ideas...?

Quote Originally Posted by bobthe6th View Post
    also, this now has a sister page on briliant gameoligists

You guys can keep working here, or move over there at your discretion. I will try to update at least monthly with the latest version for both sites.

I mostly copied stuff there as I could condense what I felt was a major project into a smaller space, and to protect against this thread going dead.
    Sweet dude, think I'll stick it out here, for now at least. I prefer the formatting in here, and I'd rather only have to communicate through one site, for ease of use! I'll check in with the MinMax board though, always good to have extra input!

Right then, with that aside, I've been mulling over the idea of a set of feats using the basic idea of magic's reserve feats. I'm calling them 'Holding' feats for now, on the theme of Hands and all...
    I decided to do this to open up the possibility of other contributors creating feats for this class, and also to open up the possibilities for Elementary, My Dear Watson! (Henceforth referred to as EMDW) by offering attack and defence options which key off the chosen element.

Holding Feats
    These are a special category of feat, usable for the TK, and indeed any other class which may come about which uses Hands. To use a Holding feat, you must decide to hold back a certain number of Hands, referred to as the Hand Reserve. This requires 10 minutes of meditation to compete, upon which you may not use those Hands for any other purpose. You may recover these Hands for use as a full round action. If you wish to maintain additional Holding feats, you must do so separately, but at a discount of -1 Hand / Holding feat maintained, so if you used 3 Holding feats costing 2, 3 and 4 Hands respectively, you would have to hold 6 Hands to use them all (2 + 3 + 4 - 3 (the number of holding feats you are using)). You gain no benefit from holding more Hands than the number required, unless stated otherwise in the text (EMDW stands for the feat Elementary, My Dear Watson!, which has a bonus effect on some of these feats).

Defensive Posture [Holding]
    Requires: Telekinetic Hands
    Hand Reserve: 2 Hands
    Benefit: Whenever you fight defensively or take a total defence action, you gain a deflection bonus to your armour class equal to your Charisma modifier.

Stance of Resistance [Holding]
    Requires: Defensive Posture
    Hand Reserve: 4 Hands
    Benefit: You gain DR / Magic equal to 2 + 1 / 5 character levels.
    When you reach 11 HD this becomes DR / -
    Special: If you have EMDW you also gain Energy Resistance 5 against the element you have chosen. At 11 HD this becomes ER 10, and at 16 HD it becomes ER 15. If you have taken EMDW more than once, you gain this resistance for each chosen element.

Offensive Posture [Holding]
    Requires: Telekinetic Fighting, Lesser
    Hand Reserve: 3 Hands
    Benefit: You gain a secondary blast attack whenever you make a full round attack action with the Telekinetic Fighting ability as a ranged attack with a -5 penalty. This attack has a range equal to half your TK range, and deals 1D4 + Charisma modifier damage.
    Special: If you have EMDW, you may hold extra hands to deal elemental damage. For every extra Hand you hold, all your secondary blast attacks deal 1D4 damage of the chosen elemental type. If you have multiple instances of EMDW then you may choose which damage you deal for every extra damage die you gain this way.

There are more coming if these seem up to scratch...?

Hope you like em!

EDIT:
    Changed Stance of Resistance under bob's suggestions (at least somewhat, I think it gives you plenty as a feat now, I see no reason to go OTT with it). Have 2 or 3 more of these planned, one to follow on from Offensive Posture, and a couple of utility Holding feats. Shall post them once they're written!
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-10-01 at 04:27 PM. Reason: tweaks!

World Warper

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

stance of resiliance... not worth it. ER 5 is really meh, and DR 2/ magic is really nothing. perhaps a scaling bonus?

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

20. - Top - End - #410

Aye, not a bad thought that, give it +1 / 5 charcter levels and make it flat out DR / - at, 11th perhaps?

World Warper

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

perhapce use damage resistance in place of reduction? DR is famos for flipping from to much to to little with ease... perhapce 5 points of effective temp HP per round, x2 at 5, 10, 15, 20? so maxing at 80 at 20?

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

22. - Top - End - #412

OK, edited Stance of Resistance. Have a couple of others coming soon!

Stuck with the basic idea, but pumped up the power somewhat and made it scale. Honestly, for the sake of 4 hands, it's almost certainly fine, because by the time the DR and ER become less than great, they're only costing 4 Hands to keep, which isn't that many by the levels we're talking about. I think it's a scaling trade-off which works, and this way you can go for a more combat/elemental focus with the TK, or any of it's ACFs. I think this is a good thing!

World Warper

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hmmm. Dont know how I missed EMDW, but added it. Will add Holding Stuff when it settles.

24. - Top - End - #414

Stance of Destruction [Holding]
    Requires: Offensive Posture
    Hand Reserve: 5 Hands
    Benefit: Whenever you deal damage with an ability which uses Hands (including TK fighting), you deal an extra 2D6 damage with that ability.
    Special: If you have EMDW this damage may be of any elemental type you have taken it for, chosen when you use the ability (so if you have taken EMDW for fire and acid, you may choose which type to deal for each ability you use which deals damage).

Hands of Physical Conditioning [Holding]
    Requires: TK level 5, 8 ranks in 3 or more Dex or Str based skills
    Hand Reserve: At least 2 Hands (see text)
    Benefit: Once per round you may gain a class bonus to any Dex or Str based skill or ability check. This bonus is equal to the number of Hands you have held with this feat (minimum of 2). You may not hold more Hands with this feat than half your character level.

My idea for the Hands of Physical Conditioning feat is as a requirement for a few skill based unique abilities (2 or 3 related ones, like a cross between a skill trick and a tactical feat). Will post more later!
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-10-06 at 04:08 PM.

World Warper

25. - Top - End - #415

Hands of the Acrobat
    Requires: Hands of Physical Conditioning
    Benefit: This feat gives you three abilities based around movement skills, each of these may be used no more than once per round and you may not benefit from more than one in any given round. This is not a [Holding] feat, but does require at least 2 Hands to be reserved with your Hands of Physical Conditioning feat in order to use any of these abilities.
    Guided Leap: Whenever you make a Jump check, you may add 5 to it's DC to make a single direction change in mid air, up to 90 degrees. The total distance travelled is still limited by your Jump check.
    Psychic Gyro: You gain your Charisma bonus to any one Balance or Tumble check this round.
    Impossible Grip: The first time you fail a climb check in the round cannot result in you falling, regardless of how badly you rolled. If you fail by any number, you simply do not proceed with the climb that round.

Couple more coming when I got some time!!!

Any more thoughts/queries yet?

World Warper

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Sorry been missing for a bit. life, an online play by post (which is awesome, and you should play), and lack of an actual response has stopped me heh.

As to your feats, havent really studied them, but the concept is cool. Also have a friend of mine reviewing the class looking for any issues we may have missed. So word on that soon.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

opening this to a once over by others.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Any chance of a Pathfinder conversion? I've pretty much stopped playing 3.5.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I have never really looked at PF, but I bet this is probably forward compatible. It has no dead levels, and the general power level is pretty high...
    But I can't say.
    Last edited by bobthe6th; 2013-02-27 at 08:24 AM.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

30. - Top - End - #420

Honestly, there's so little from core within the class that it probably transfers without tweaks, but someone who knows PF better than me (i.e. at all) should really be the one to check it over!

On a side note, bob, do you have anything on the Warper I was working on over at minmax? I've not been able to access the site, and the class isn't finished yet (plus I've lost all my backups after an unfortunate moment with a power surge earlier in the year ) Scratch that, just found it again.....I swear, months of trying, and it turns up after I ask!
    Last edited by Veklim; 2013-02-27 at 12:48 PM.

World Warper