Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VII

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Wellspring Source

Copi raises one eyebrow. "Perhaps I shall take a slightly different, less rambly angle on this topic in response to this, re worded inquiry: What point is there to a purpose without a purpose? Before you answer, please ponder that question carefully and at length; I suspect that neither of us wish me to go into detail on the nature and futility of purpose."

That's the "less rambly" version?
    [Wellspring Source]

"To put it simply, you are requesting a purpose of purpose." The girl replies. "Would you like me to make turtles all the way down? Every purpose I give for your purpose requires a purpose as well."

"Here is my answer: Because I think something is better than nothing. Because without purpose, I am nothing, and I believe that without purpose, no one else is anything either. What's the point? To be something, even if you're just scrambling madly about without any real underpinning beyond what you've set for yourself.
    "Because in the end, I think that if you pursue and build on your purpose and will strongly enough, even if it was pointless in the beginning, even if it was mad scrambling in an empty universe when you started, it can become something meaningful."

[Black Plane]

Finality is hit again, cracking where she was hit, but she isn't winded all, likely because she is made of a crystalline material and possesses no organs or internal structure at all. She does, however, back away as she speaks her retort.

"All life is is mad scrambling above the maw of the void."

The platforms under them crumble all at once.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Orc in the Playground

Azurelle & Despair - Eastside Abandoned Multi-Storey Car Park

Azurelle was waiting quite close to the way up, and also the cart is close to the upwards ramp- designed to make the escape easy. Azurelle will support most of Despair's weight, too.

When Despair gets in the cart, Azurelle will put on a bangle and she'll try to place a matching anklet on Despair's leg. The anklet is magical; if it goes on, then Azurelle will be able to shock Despair through it. The magical electricity is designed to hurt and distract, to make it harder to cast spells.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

[A&D - EAMSCP]

On it goes, then. Assuming that Azurelle brought one of a reasonable size for Despair's ankle, and got the Tiefling's armor out of the way first, anyway.

The magic in the combination will likely be reasonably effective at most of its intended purpose, though summoning Nether-fire is much more spontaneous than most spells, unless she tries to do something fancy with it, or keep up a continuous stream, and thus will be much less affected.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

[Black Plane]

Harnel doesn't want to get sucked in if the space below the floating platforms. He doesn't know if the abysss below will have that same quality, and so what he does is he reaches out towards finality and... Will attempt to wrap his working arm around her head to put her in a headlock. If he can manage to grapple her, well, she wouldn't kill herself so easily. chances are if he's attached to her he's not going to die so easily either.

"I've heard people say that before. Usually homicidal idiots."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wellspring Source

Copi considers this, and nods.

"I see your point. However, any purpose without enough drive is as good as nonexistent. Turtles, you see, do not go all the way to the bottom. Somewhere, you get to a reason that you find acceptable in and of itself, and you build from there. I have not found such a purpose yet."

A pause.

"Correction: I have not found such a purpose that I desire to make my base drive. While I am aware of one purpose, devotion to that, I feel, would very well destroy me as an individual and quite possibly the purpose itself."

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

[Wellspring Source]

"Would you like a suggestion?" The girl asks with a smile, crossing her legs as she looks towards Copi. "Sometimes it is easier to see things from the outside, I think. Or maybe I just really don't like watching someone wander around aimlessly."

She scoots over on the step she's sitting on, and gestures for Copi to join her on it, if she wants.

[Black Plane]

When the platforms fall, Finality simply hangs in the air. Harnel manages to latch on to her... and then she begins falling, and seems to not resist it at all, plunging towards that black abyss below them.

Her body slowly starts to fragment, and Harnel may feel destructive energies tearing at him as well.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

[Black Plane]

Wings outstretched, Harnel will try to fly once he realizes that Finality won't hold them up. in fact, he focuses his will towards pushing him upwards, out of reach of the abyss.

As he does this, he will attempt to put a hand under Finality's legs and change that headlock into support for her neck. The classic carrying pose, "Not like that."

Of course, as this is all attempted, Finality is free to interrupt.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Pixie in the Playground

[A&D - EAMSCP]

Toy assists and is generally helpful as she can be throughout this process. A real warrior. A real warrior who can train them. A real warrior who can teach them how to overthrow the tyrant Azurelle. Wow. Toy expected for the group of rebels to grow, but she didn't expect to be so fortunate! Gods who are a world apart from spiteful Dalachrech be praised! Her insanely convoluted plan might just succeed somehow!

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Orc in the Playground

Azurelle & Despair

The anklet has a limited degree of size changing ability, ensuring it fits Despair's ankle quite well. If necessary, Azurelle will slice up the leg of Despair's leather armour to ensure that it fits. Azurelle doesn't care about the armour, anyway; what she wants is the person inside, and the armour will go anyway.

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azurelle and Despair]

Fortunately, slicing up her armor won't be needed, as it can simply be pulled up, and her boot removed, to permit it to go on.

Despair, assuming that they then head out, won't make any notable trouble on the way to the Hermitage.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Pixie in the Playground

[Azurelle and Despair]

Off to return to the Hermitage, then, I guess!

I have to wonder whether or not they will arrive before or after the current goings on. Despair's imprisonment may be more than fleeting if the former is the case.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Wellspring Tower - Irena and Nadia]

Nadia doesn't seem to mind just piling the clothes. A lot of what's there is working and casual clothes. She has a few nice outfits, them being the clothing that Irena has seen Nadia wear the most, but it's not a lot.

Nadia laughs a little. "I don't have that much. You should see some peoples' closets." It's a bit ridiculous she thinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Light's Heart - Room

"Is it that early? Well, I'll just go for a walk, then. Did Tarim get the wings to you?"

As she speaks, Eadelain gets up. One way or another, she goes about her day starting routine.

With a bit of luck, she'll make it through today without passing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Outside Westside Children's Home]

Tor has been skulking around, bored and frustrated and angry. The kid scowls at the girl, but then jumps and looks very surprised when he is addressed as Rot.

"What?! Who are you? I..."

Wait... Coffin? Could this be his ticket out.

"Yes! I, uh, do want to."

Irena shrugs, "People got too many clothes, I don't really mind being naked myself." She... jokes? I think it's meant to be that at least as she smiles in the direction of Nadia.

"So are we done once we got all this?"

Light's Heart - Room

"Tarim is at a holding cell if you're looking for him, just remember your promise please. I rather not being burned alive today." The spider creature replies.

[Outside Westside Children's Home]

"Just follow me." The girl replies, very quickly dropping the innocent girl act and will lead Tor away from the children home and into the more troublesome areas of riverside.

The girl says nothing though and just lead him on until they reach an old apartment complex which still seem to be in use. The building clearly have seen better days though.

She goes inside and assuming Tor follows he will enter a lobby where a bored-looking guard waves them in. The girl goes to the elevator and waits for rot to join her before she presses 5 and the elevator takes off. As they reach the floor the girl guides him to room 139 and let's him inside.

It looks like a pretty normal room with rather ugly brown wallpaper, that's not really important though, it's the fact Lavthos the mind vampire from before and Cybil, the earth vampire from before seems to have been waiting for him, a large coffin standing right between them.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Orc in the Playground

[Outside Westside Children's Home->Vampire Hotel]

Tor hobbles after the girl, thinking it better to ask less questions. He follows her, but has a bit of trouble keeping up. He is a cripple still, after all. By the time they get into the elevator, he's a bit tired and relieved.

The kid hobbles after the girl once more and into the room. He quickly takes in the scene.

"About time! There's not much else I can do for you with the orphanage. Are you going to give me my body back now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wellspring Source

Copi, after a moment, will go over and hop up onto the step. "I am willing to hear a suggestion, just do not be offended if I do not take it."

Light's Heart - Room

"A holding cell? Hmm. I won't go and talk to him then, it would be better if I found someone else to talk to."

Eadelain then goes forth to find someone, preferably someone who is both important and does not seem busy.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadia laughs and shakes her head. "Not to much else. Just a few things." Nadia goes and fetches a bag and begins to fill it with all her remaining stuff throughout the room. After a bit it'll be rather barren.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Titan in the Playground

[Wellspring Source]

"You came here out of curiosity. Every moment you have been here, you have dissected and analyzed what you have seen. The pursuit of knowledge is a purpose that has inspired many, and had nations founded by its fruits.
    "Perhaps you might wish more specific direction, but to be a loremaster, a scholar and investigator? I think you're rather that already. Why not pursue that more ardently?"
    The girl suggests, propping her head against the steps behind her.

[Black Plane]

Finality is limp and unresisting as Harnel changes his hold on her, but when his hands are occupied, and she is free to move, her hands shoot up to his throat, sharp obsidian claws trying to pierce his flesh as she simultaneously tries to stab and strangle him.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Orc in the Playground

Azurelle & Despair

Unfortunately for Toy's plans, Azurelle is not headed for the Hermitage. Instead, she's going to the Riverside Temple of Dalachrech. So, same thread, but a different location and hence tag.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wellspring Source

After a moment, Copi nods. "Your logic is sound; I will look into such a thing. Do you have any tips for getting started? I suspect that you are well-versed in a number of things."

She actually suspects that it's really Genesis she's talking to, playing dead as per her own rules. As for whether the godlike being from before really was Genesis' creator or just Genesis playing a part is up in the air.

On the off-chance that Genesis is reading her mind, Copi thinks something along the lines of "I fully suspect that there is some mmind reading going on here." Mind reading would be hard for most people, due to Copi's mental defenses, but Genesis could probably do it, even without Copi noticing.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

[Black Plane]

Well, that's a surprise. Harnel's knee jerk reaction is to drop Finality, getting her away from him, and so he open his arms in that instant, letting Finality fall away from him. Or she might start flying again. Either way, with Harnel moving backwards through the air and finality losing the support from his arms, She'll find that her claws, without a bit of magic, simply won't reach Harnel.

As Harnel gets himself stable in the air, Finality may have a chance at another action if she doesn't simply fall.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

[Wellspring Source]

"You can find reasons to be doing anything. Pick something in particular to study, to research- from magic to economics to the wyld- and then take up the reasons you like as you find them. And if it doesn't work out... well just change directions. There's nothing wrong with searching, or failing with specific causes, so long as you build towards your purpose." Copi's 'mysterious' new friend says, closing her eyes as she leans back on the stairs.

"But, to form a new purpose, a new role or reason, I like to really emphasize starting on a new track, and making myself anew. A new look or attitude." A grin flickers across her face, revealing a mouth of pointed teeth. "Maybe with a bit of the old, of course, as keepsakes."

[Black Plane]

Finality falls this time, down into the swirling miasma and into the giant black maw, which seems to reach up to snatch her before Harnel might grab her, leaving him alone above the maw of the void.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wellspring Source

Copi nods. "Well, no point to hide my thoughts. I think you, yourself, suspect that I suspect that you are Genesis. Spare me a bit on how genesis is dead, I suspect that the role, the character if you will, of Genesis is dead. However, there is still a powerful being in this place... and I suspect that it will tire of being dead in time. Any plans for the future that you are willing to share?"

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Black Plane]

That could have gone better, certainly. Harnel still, despite her protests, wasn't differentiating between Genesis and finality as two different people. It's why he tried to carry her away.

But that hadn't worked, and now here he is, in some friggin abyss. Could be worse, he supposed.

He will attempt to shape the world again, focusing on creating a free floating doorway or portal to some other place. He doesn't care where, as long as he can land safely.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

[Wellspring Source]

"You'll just have to wait and see if any of your suspicions are true, I'm afraid." The girl says, still grinning. "But I suppose you could say I'm Genesis. At the least, I'm a creator. And right now, I'm offering you a chance to remake yourself, as much or as little as you please, forged fully from my hand, or with only guidance as you yourself work the tools."

[Black Plane]

Harnel will- through some difficult means he cannot fully fathom- find his way back to the strange hallway and maze he started in, with obsidian walls stretching far into the sky, a cobbled path below.
    "You really have no idea what you're doing, do you?"
    The voice is mocking and amused, and vaguely familiar. The serpent Harnel had once encountered is drifting vaguely through the wall beside him.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wellspring Source

"Hmm. With all due respect, I feel that my mind has been plenty changed. My body, however... I am a bit limited. The potential of psychic powers offers to help overcome the physical limitations, I admit that I would like for my body to be able to experience more human things. Like tears."

Copi seems to ponder it a bit.

"Yes. Please, feel free to re-make me... but I want to know how it's done. I want to be guided through the process. I want to know what you do, in detail. Please?"

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

[Wellspring Source]

The pointed grin widens, but the girl doesn't move at all, throwing her words out almost lazily, one at a time as things rapidly change around them.
    "As..."

The crypt explodes in a riot of colors and patterns, its structure collapsing, no longer maintained or cared about. Shades of blue dominate the fracturing landscape, and the pieces are tossed around by a swirling current that moves about aimlessly, spreading out and drawing in, both branches and roots, give and take.

"...you..."
    Something surges from the current as the girl beside Copi vanishes. A grand monument- a circular tower, an indomitable bastion and a small silver ring, the structures rises out of the raging void.

"...wish."
    Copi is pulled apart. Her ruffly dress, the synthetic green hair, even the more substantial parts of her body simply unravel into so much golden thread, except for the eyes. The eyes remain, crystal blue and clear. This, she will suddenly understand (as much as she is able to in such an environment and predicament) is merely the result of being within the 'cauldron' she has been thrown into. Her shaped form doesn't work here, and so it collapsed like so much trivial nonsense- except the eyes, which her crafter apparently took a whimsical liking to, so they were preserved. The golden thread is gossamer, which is the most substantial and valuable of dreamstuff, formed of emotions and memories and magic whatever else a raksha like Genesis might fancy at the moment. So, here is all of Copi's identity, now tangled up into so much formless string.

All at once, Genesis is there. Her form a diamond, perhaps a circle, a serpent curled about an egg at its heart, her will stirs the river cauldron about her, separating Copi into each individual thread of her life. Retrieving a single gnarled and twisted string, she weaves it through the eyes she preserved, and at once they become more vivid, intense, and alive- but also terrifying. The maddened clarity of Copi is clear within them, imbued with that facet of her.

The stagnation, the complete lack of sensation that defined the first portion of Copi's life is refined to a near white porcelain, which is then molded into a delicate face. Its expressions and colors are understated, a faint blush on the cheeks, a slight shadow around the eye sockets- but the subtlety of the face brings out the eyes, which hold all the emotion it really requires. Long, wavy dark green hair is brought back to frame the face as the eyes are set within it.

A thread of gossamer of a foreign source is added, mixing thickly with the wyld water to become pale flesh, or perhaps clay. There is something earthy and very human to it, a hint of desire, but also temperance. Fashioning this material into numerous plates, Genesis forges a humanoid body, leaving a few gaps in the design where the plates fit together- along the back, and often around joints. In addition, where the back plates fit together, a small, circular hole is left in the design, where an object might fit.

Thread after thread is lifted up as Genesis weaves Copi's analytical and scientific nature into the body, forming its details and inner workings. Her system is more circuitry than veins, clockwork and mechanical organs ticking regularly within her upon jewel bearings that resonate with circuitry of analytics, the combination of which forms a system that harmonizes and contains her psychic powers and reservoirs of energy for it draw from, and paths to replenish that energy.

Genesis takes up some of her own essence, and forges gossamer from her mastery of magic and power drawn from the rushing river around her, then meshes it the thread that is Copi's memory and understanding of Libra. Genesis etches six ring patterns into Copi's back, two at her shoulders and four below her arms, two on each side, one below the other. The rings are all set with a disc of red and gold metals, and all are integrated into the circuitry of the body.

Taking up the rest of Copi, Genesis crumbles it to dust and then breathes it into the body, and Copi will find herself in control once more, and just outside the door of Wellspring Tower.

The body she now has is neither truly organic, or synthetic. It cannot in good faith be considered a mechanical device, but to think of it as magical is not accurate either. Her flesh and face are warm to the touch, but her face is harder and smooth, even as its senses are left unimpaired, and she has segments in her body like a doll might, through which stranger materials and mechanisms might be seen. She is very much humanoid, can sense that she can speak, move and cry as a human might- but to eat and drink seems unnecessary, there is no waste to be produced, and while she has veins, what runs within it is not blood, but stuff more prone to act as electricity. She can rest and even sleep, but her dreams are manipulable simulations, and if she is cautious and efficient, she might go for days without needing to stop, as her body constantly respires energy from the world around her.

Perhaps most unusual of all, however, are the last gift bestowed on her. The Master's Tools, is a phrase she might instinctively think of them as- each of the six rings on her back is a channel and support for her psychic power, allowing her to almost effortlessly form limbs of an ectoplasmic substance. The nature of the limbs is largely up to her, though the rings at shoulders are positioned neatly for wings, and the others workable for arms.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wellspring Tower

Copi inhales. She might not have to breathe, but it feels good. She takes a moment to examine her body.

She feels amazing. Not just thanks to her new body, but due to the experience of being taken apart and put back together. Simply amazing.

She turns around and looks up at the tower. "Thank you kindly. Do not hesitate to ask me for a favor in the future, in whatever form you take up next. I know that I won't forget this kindness."

Unless anything more happens, Copi will leave. It's a new day... another new day. Just like yesterday was. They day before then? My, this is the second time in three days that she's gotten a new body, isn't it?

She hopes this one will last a long time. It was made specially for her.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Obsidian Maze]

Harnel will- through some difficult means he cannot fully fathom- find his way back to the strange hallway and maze he started in, with obsidian walls stretching far into the sky, a cobbled path below.
    "You really have no idea what you're doing, do you?"
    The voice is mocking and amused, and vaguely familiar. The serpent Harnel had once encountered is drifting vaguely through the wall beside him.
    [Obsidian Maze]

Harnel looks at the snake rather flatly, "Of course not. These aren't my powers; they're at the whim of whomever is doing this. Which, I suspect, is probably the same person who made the tower in the first place. And frankly, I don't need some puffed up worm telling me how screwed I am; I've been in plenty of situations unfortunately similar to this; I can tell how screwed I am myself, thank you." All of this is said with defiance, of course, and he starts walking along the nearest hallway. He'll stick to the left as much as possible.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-03-03 at 08:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Vampire Hotel]

The little girl turns to Rot, her face twisted in rage, "You... THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

And before the other two can stop her she have jumped on rot,aiming a fist to his face. Of course being a little girl she don't have much strength behind that punch.

"Great." Irena says once it looks they got everything packed. "Now let's get out of here, this place give me the creeps." She will of course help carrying everything Nadia needs help with even if she let's her go first in this crazy place.

Light's Heart - Room

Well, there is a few Daeva who acts as the leader of sort along with Tarim and then there is Raiz who escorted Eadelain to the park and brought her home. She's rather quiet most of the time though.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Orc in the Playground

[Vampire Hotel]

Tor gives the little girl a twisted grin, and starts formulating a taunt. Then he's punched in the face. The crippled child yelps in pain and stumbles backward. Even a little girl punch works rather well on a kid with only one leg. He brings one hand up to clutch his nose and glares at the girl.

"Ow! What the hell?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Light's Heart - Room

Of those choices? Eadelain chooses Raiz. Maybe she would be kind enough to utter the name of someone that Eadelain can speak to about this (the thing with Tarim, not any other thing that might be happening).

Eadelain has had quite enough of demons for a time. If the Daeva end up being the right person to talk to, so be it, but Eadelain is not going to default to her.