New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VII

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Westside - Castle Maelstrom]

"By the directives of the Court of One, I am to eradicate the corruption of this city, and mete out punishment to its criminals." Replies the eyes in the water, its tone fiercely amused. "To accomplish such a goal, I have claimed this territory in the name of the Court, as its own protectors were incapable of successfully performing their role.
    "Fear not, I have it all in hand."

Its voice are acidic and pointed, the being clearly aware of who it was talking to, and delighting in needling them while feigning ignorance.
    Maria narrows her eyes at the wall of water, but before she can reply the woman behind her speaks up. "And what do you know about protecting this city? I don't see how all this is protecting it." She gestures around at nothing specific. "You know what I think? I thi-"

"That's enough." The woman quiets at Maria's interruption, but doesn't seem all that happy about it. The vampire turns her attention back to the eyes in the water. "The Court of one? Who might that be?" She asks, although she's already certain she knows.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Westside - Ice Cream Parlor]

"Ooh, I've never been to a temple before." Though a number of temples are likely unfriendly toward demons, so that might not be for the best. "Why don'tcha want to live there anymore?"
    Eadelain simply and solidly decides that Cynthia doesn't need to know. To quench this line of thought, she simply replies "Internal politics." in such a way to strongly imply she has no desire to talk about this. At all.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

Cynthia looks curiously at Eadelain for a moment, then replies. "Okay then." She takes a few more bites of ice cream, mulling that over, when she speaks up again. "What's that mean?"

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Dwarf in the Playground

Westside - Ice Cream Parlor

"I don't want to talk about it."
    By this point, Eadelain is about done with her ice cream. Usually, such curiosity into Eadelain's affairs would make her upset, but for Cynthia she will simply move on as if it had never happened.

Eadelain doesn't seem to have much to talk about, in any case.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

Cynthia finishes her ice cream shortly after and wipes her face mostly clean with a napkin. Welp, looks like she'll never find out what internal politics means. Oh well. "So do ya wanna go do something else now?"

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eadelain also finishes her ice cream. Doing something with Cynthia seems like a good idea, but... Eadelain shrugs and asks, "What is there to do?"

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

"You don't see? Well, perhaps your incomprehension explains your incompetence." The voice taunts the woman gleefully, the eyes flicking towards her a moment, before turning back to Maria.

"The Court of One is the new sovereignty at the head of Eastside."
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2012-03-29 at 04:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Eastside - Investigation]

Amil scrunches her lips off to the side a bit. Something she's taken to doing since she doesn't have a nose to wrinkle and had to come up with some other facial expression to show that she's a bit on the confused side.

"I see... So... You're paying a price for your crimes. Community service I guess? I suppose that's better than just getting stuck in jail. Or executed."

Though having one's will taken away?

That still seems sorta harsh all things considered.

Oh!

Hey!

A castle!

Said castle is pointed toward. "Is that where the Court of One sits?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Orc in the Playground

Mists of Eastside- Edge

The monkeys will stay where they are and note any further change in the mist. They will continue this task indefinitely, with no relief nor rests.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman silently fumes, but obeys Maria. She won't have another outburst.

"I see." Maria frowns. "And what of Genesis? Or is all this her doing?"

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

The eyes narrow a little further.

"And if I give you either answer, will it matter? I don't think Tenebras really cares about the who, but rather, the what. That is why you have had disgusting spies prowling into our territory, is it not? Why you come to more openly now..."

A hiss comes from the wall, the sound of steam, pressurized water, and a snake's tongue. "You may think of the being you knew as dead. The River Court's sugary dream failed, and its queen with it. Its ugly demise inspired a new dream from the creator, and so now we have the Court of One. Now, miss Maria, why don't you try to be a little more honest, and speak about what you really want here, and what you really think? A mask of false courtesy will hardly impress me when I can so easily see the lie behind it."

[Eastside - Investigation]

Sure beats a firing squad or an axe to the neck, though one might honestly question just how much of the knights really survived, given the mental modifications applied to them.

"No. The Court of One is not yet manifest on the world. The Castle Maelstrom is but one of its works." Replies the knight. "The Castle is to be the seat of protection and justice within the part of the city over which the court will hold sway."

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

"What I really want?" There's no denying her frustration, but she doesn't let it creep into her tone. "I just want information, nothing else. That said, I think there's little more we're going to accomplish here. Send Tenebras' regards to whoever it is you serve." The group turns and begins to leave, provided there's nothing to stop them.

"Umm..." Cynthia was not prepared for this. What to do, what to do? "Oh oh, I know. I could show you where I live if you want. It's a mansion, and it's pretty cool."

[Under the Flying Castle]

Oh hey, looks like someone from Tenebras is finally here like was previously agreed upon. The man in question is known as Dacio Inaudi. He looks up, a bit uncertain what he should do.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-03-30 at 05:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, as long as it won't get us in trouble. I probably couldn't show you the temple without causing some trouble, but I might like to see where you live."

She remembers that Raiz mentioned there was a group in west side that might offer shelter. If this is that group, this is a good time to scout them out.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

"Awesome. Let's go right now." Cynthia practically leaps from her seat in her haste. "It's not too too far away."

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Orc in the Playground

Westside- Ice Cream Parlour to Astrana's Mansion

Should the two girls pass a dark alleyway, or perhaps travel through one, they may encounter the dark figure lying in the alleyway. They are beginning to smell very bad; bad enough for some to suggest that something has died within the alley, though none have yet to investigate for certain.

The figure is lying across the alleyway; walking down it, one would have to step over (or on) them to pass.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Allright, lead on." Eadelain will throw away her trash and follow Cynthia.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside River]

Spoiler
    Show
    The reshaped citizens have completed the work they began, and now the results stand plain. Formed of circling, twisting walls and a labyrinth of gates, a proud and fae castle stands in the middle of an artificial lake, the currents of which churn and race around it, rising impossibly into the air to form new layers of the fort's walls out of running water.

At the center of the fortress is a garrison made of mirror-like ice, in which the knights of the Devoured Legion begin to roam. The unnamed serpent that so oft appeared at Wellspring Tower may be seen making its way through the structure, coming to rest at its heart.

However, the architects of this structure begin turning their attention elsewhere, congregating about a new patch of mist as they once again the process of creation. Yet, the themes and precise nature of their actions seem to be different- possibly, it is a different effect they strive for now, rather than a replication of the same structure.

Those mists closer to the center, meanwhile, continue to become denser and more intense, and show no sign of stopping. Reality seems more fluid the further into the mist one goes.

When one presses deep into the fog now, they will find that normal malleability of reality within it becomes even stranger. The thick mists part to reveal a place in which everything can be bent and shaped like clay to one with the appropriate will, though the results are not stable, and just as likely to be changed by someone else... and taken outside the mists, such a creation turns to a scalding mud charged (if only temporarily) with dangerous magic.

Here the world is not merely altered, or capable of being altered, but departing entirely from reality. Hostile to beings that depend on the laws of reality, it often provokes changes in them when they dare to enter, reworking their nature in unpredictable ways; often these changes are detrimental, but sometimes magnanimous, bestowing more beneficial alterations. The laws of nature flicker fitfully, ceasing to take hold over shifting regions within this portion of the fog or applying without rhyme or reason, and while it is rare that the changes involved are immediately fatal, the danger is very real. With this change, the knights of the Devoured Legion begin to patrol the edges of the mist, turning back the unwary or more foolhardy. However, those who enter with purpose and in their right mind, or through accepting the unspoken offer of the Court of One, will find their passage permitted.

The workers continuing to shape points within the mist seem to be carving more than building this time, a hole in the earth forming as they take places in a circle around it. Water and mist flow flow into a channel around them as they work, a strange design beginning to show through it.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Eastside River - Thievery]

There's enough room for Hekta to get around the pair, luckily. One will almost back into her as she's slipping past, but just barely misses her, oblivious to what he almost did.

When she rounds the corner, Hekta will see two routes. One is a side passage off to the right, which leads down a flight of steps. If she peers down it, a guard can be seen at the bottom, in front of a door. Perhaps some secure area? Straight ahead, however, there is a banquet hall- it looks like it has been prepared for people, but they have yet to arrive, as there is no one in sight.

If Hekta is inclined to think about things, this may seem like a really strange layout for the building... but perhaps she might be distracted by hunger and greed, both of which might be satisfied by the banquet room. Elegant silverware and decorations tend to be shiny and valuable, and it does look like a fair bit of the food is set out already. Of course, this might mean that people will be arriving soon. Plus, a vault for a place this big will surely have more than she can take with her, and probably better objects than the banquet hall can provide, so it might be wiser to leave it alone and go for the big hall.

Still, something smells good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Oh hey, looks like someone from Tenebras is finally here like was previously agreed upon. The man in question is known as Dacio Inaudi. He looks up, a bit uncertain what he should do.
    [Eastside River - Thievery]

Hekta think the building as strange already and the exact layout of the building isn't her greatest concern. These people were weird so of course their houses where going to be weird as well.

She was hungry though and that's enough reason for her to take a detour to the banquet hall before going for the shiny things. Being the led of the smell of food she tries to find something edible in there, planning to eating herself full before moving on.

His uncertainty won't last forever as eventually a platform start to descend from Malechenar, eventually reaching the streets before him. In the middle of the platform is a dark-skinned woman in a huge dress red colored in fiery colors. She's wearing black make up around her red eyes completed with a nose ring the same golden color as parts of her dress.

There is something unnatural about her, perhaps it's the fact her skin is almost porcelain in flawlessness or maybe it's since her dress doesn't seem to be moving at all despite the wind.

"Greetings." She says in a strong confident voice, looking at the vampire with a pleasant smile. "I'm stewardess Celestel, I assume you're from Tenebras, sir?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-31 at 02:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's right. My name's Dacio Inaudi. It's nice to meet you." The vampire looks upward at the castle again. "So I guess we're going up then?"

20. - Top - End - #1460

"If you like sir, just step on the platform and up we go." Ceslestel replies with a smile, waiting for the vampire to step up. As he does the platform will slowly ascend up towards Malechenar. It's pretty windy up here however and the platforms complete lack of cover isn't making it much better.

But suddenly the wind stops blowing as they are just a few foot above ground. "So what is your position within Tenebras sir?" The stewardess asks curiously.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Flying Castle, and Going Up]

Dacio glances around as they go up. Odd how the wind stopped like that. "Nothing all that important." He replies casually. "I'll admit I do a lot of Enforcer duties. Patrolling and things like that."

[Westside - Dark Alleyway]

"Ew, what's that stink?" Cynthia pauses next to the entrance to the alley, her nose wrinkled in disgust. "You think it's coming from down there?" She peers into the alley.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Celestel smiles at the reply as if had been a joke, "Don't look down at your job like that, I haven't been outside Malechenar in months. You are very lucky to have a job with some variation. It sounds like your making some kind of difference." She comments as the platform comes closer to the castle which clearly haven't decorated in a welcoming manner.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

"Heh, well, I do well enough I suppose. The hours are terrible, though. Half the time I work the only hours my wife gets off, and unfortunately she needs to sleep." Dacio waves his hand dismissively. "I'm nattering, though. So what do you get up to up here? Pretty dull then?"

24. - Top - End - #1464

"Administration mostly, working at a flying castle isn't nearly as exciting as it sounds." Celestial replies as the platform closes in on Malchenar, connecting to a number of hooks which holds on to the platform. Then all of sudden a winged creature comes flying and lands on the platform.

It's largely shaped like a bear-sized which looks a great deal like it was made of stone. It seems to be an optical illusion however as it movements makes it clear it's actually skin.

It sits down on all four and slowly walks towards the vampire. "You don't mind a quick search do you? I'm afraid we have to check everyone boarding. The fact you got up here before you got searched shows they trust you more then the average person."

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

Dacio starts a little when the creature lands, but quickly acts like it never surprised him. "Uh, sure. No problem."

26. - Top - End - #1466

The creature steps closer to Dacio, walking very much like a gorilla before starting to pat him for weapons with it's large claw-like hands. It's eyes glow brightly orange as it seem to focus on him, it's mouth likely to be able to devour his head whole.

After making sure he isn't carrying anything dangerous (not getting too intimate) the creature backs off again and flies away. Meanwhile a staircase starts to lower down to the platform from the castle. "We call them gargoyles." Celestel explains. "They are actually quite intelligent and serve both as mounts and guardians back where I'm from."

As the stair reaches the platform she makes no move towards however. "Just step up and I'll meet you in castle."

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Flying Castle]

Dacio is indeed not carrying any weapons. Unless you could his own natural capabilities, but he couldn't leave those at home.

"Alright, see you there." The vampire nods to Celestel and heads toward the platform as instructed.

28. - Top - End - #1468

[The Flying Castle]

Climbing the spiral staircase Dacio will eventually go through an open hatch leading into a large machine room of some sort. If he looks down he will find that Celestel have simply disappeared, the ground where she stood now to be revealed to have been a blue crystal.

The room seem to be mainly devoted to the mobile staircase with a hole for it just above Dacio's head as he enters.
    In the room two dark-skinned men dressed in light dark clothes and white mask. They both bow to the vampire as he enters, Celestel soon arriving in the room as well, not looking much more real with her skin less porcelain and her dress actually moving now as she walks. "Welcome to Malechenar sir. I hope you will enjoy your stay." She greets him with an elegant curtsey.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Flying Castle]

"Ah, well, it's nice of you to have me." Dacio hesitates for a moment then bows stiffly. He's really not used to such formality.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Dwarf in the Playground

Westside - Dark Alleyway

Eadelain sniffs, trying to get an idea of the smell herself. "If it is, I believe that it's as good a reason as any to not investigate."

She will try and guess what the smell is, and if it is truly rank she will do her best to hurry Cynthia forward.