New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Elsewhere In Time (CoC) [IC]

"So....so...More people have experienced....what I have experienced?" sweat is rolling down Neil's forehead.
    "1427. It is not a race to 0 SAN."
    From Things Mr Welch is not Allowed to Do In an RPG
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Not enough to be an epidemic psychosis/delusion, but yes. I'll recommend you to a support group, if you haven't recovered by the end of this month. .
    Last edited by ocel; 2011-12-30 at 07:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33

MindFlayer

"Okay Doc," Neil smoothed out the legs of his pants,"Do you have any recommendations for what I should do?"
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

4. - Top - End - #34

Jared McPherson was supposed to be relaxing. That was what he kept telling himself, at least. This was supposed to be an escape from psych patients, an escape from all of the various mental disorders, an escape from the world, essentially. So why would the tale of a kid who has some paranoid delusions, likely resulting from a mild case of schizophrenia, interesting him?

No. Diagnosing the kid before meeting him was wrong. NO. Worse, mentally diagnosing him and mentally implying they were going to meet was wrong. After all he wasn't going to do anything of the sort, was he? Of course not. That would bring him back to the same old routine that he was trying to escape from in the first place. But, as he well knew, some routines are too deeply ingrained in us to simply "escape" from.

Which is why he found himself standing in front of the house of the kid, Neil something or other. It would be rather embarrassing for him to simply walk away now, so he knocked on the door and awaited an answer. And here he was trying to keep away from anything to do with psychology...perhaps he was trying too hard.

Then again, maybe he was subconsciously subverting his own efforts, or unconsciously, even. Bah, he thought, I'll never get any work done at this rate. His mind had started to settle back into its analytic mode, and it was not likely to shut off any time soon.
    Avatar created by Wen-M of deviantart.com for a rpg called Anima. All credit for its awesomeness goes to him.

Origas of the Conflagration
    Gnaritas the Balancer
    Aenum, Keeper of Secrets, Teacher of Magic
    Athan'alik'golran'nikal'ishoth'faran'malandragos, He Who Consumes, The Consumer of All, The Devourer, Bearer of the Eternal Hunger
    Mother of Monsters, She Who Births

5. - Top - End - #35

MindFlayer

Mary answered the door, opening it by a foot,"Hello, who are you?"
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

6. - Top - End - #36

Ah, yes, of course the guardian would answer the door. Who else would he expect? Jared smiled politely and said, "I am Dr. Jared McPherson, clinical psychologist who, until today, thought he was taking a break from psychology. But, I guess twenty-three years in the field makes one reluctant to give it up." Sighing, he shook his head. "Regardless, I came because of your son, Neil. I heard he has been having troubles lately, and I wanted to see if I could help him."
    Avatar created by Wen-M of deviantart.com for a rpg called Anima. All credit for its awesomeness goes to him.

Gnaritas the Balancer
    Athan'alik'golran'nikal'ishoth'faran'malandragos, He Who Consumes, The Consumer of All, The Devourer, Bearer of the Eternal Hunger

7. - Top - End - #37

MindFlayer

Mary ponders this for a moment,"Hmm, I guess it couldn't hurt," she opens the door fully, and guides him to the room Neil and Giles reside in,"Neil, you have another visitor," she motions for Jared to go in.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

8. - Top - End - #38

Planetar

Hmm, & you are?

9. - Top - End - #39

MindFlayer

Neil turns, and looks at Jared,"Hmm, have I seen you around before?"
    Last edited by AgentIndy; 2011-12-28 at 05:05 PM.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

10. - Top - End - #40

Jared nods. "Thank you." Her caution was understandable; this was a small area, and anyone she did not know could potentially mean harm. But in this case, he did not. "I am Dr. Jared McPherson; you may or may not have heard of me, being, as I assume, a psychologist yourself." It didn't take much to tell the other man was having a session with Neil. "You are?" He moved to take a seat near the other psychologist, but far enough away to observe both from his peripherals if he should be looking at one or the other.

Noticing Neil's comment, he turned to the boy and smiled gently. "You may have, though I've only been here for a week or two. I came here for a vacation, away from work, yet duty calls regardless of where I am."

Gnaritas the Balancer

11. - Top - End - #41

MindFlayer

Neil nods his head,"Were you at the library?"
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

12. - Top - End - #42

Jared nods again. "I've been reading a great deal more than I used to during my stay here." Spending time at the library had been one of the few things keeping him occupied during his extended rest in Mackinac.

Gnaritas the Balancer

13. - Top - End - #43

Planetar

Ah, I've heard of your prior contributions to the field of psychology, but the specifics of which have escaped my memory at the moment. Were you hired as well, or are you here here for a different reason?
    Last edited by ocel; 2011-12-28 at 07:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

MindFlayer

"Alright, you are another psychologist?" Neil takes another sip of his tea. There is a large window behind him with blinds loosely covering it.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

15. - Top - End - #45

Jared nods to Neil. "Why yes, I am another psychologist." Keeping his face angled towards the boy, his eyes focus on the other man. "As for the specifics, it doesn't matter as much. I have mostly worked in the psychoanalytic field, and I've done some case studies across the country, but that doesn't matter in this case.

"I'm only here out of concern for the family. I was actually on leave here until I heard of Neil's condition. I came here shortly thereafter."

Gnaritas the Balancer

16. - Top - End - #46

MindFlayer

Mary,seeing that the psychology session would restart soon, she looked at Jared,"Thank you for your desire to help," she leaves the room, shutting the door behind her.

Neil looks at Jared,"Okay, I guess that's fine."
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

17. - Top - End - #47

Planetar

Pleased to meet you as well, if you insist on contributing to his recovery, I'd be willing to spare a quarter of my profits for your help.
    Neil & I have already begun our session, & we may found one of the many roots for his current state, so to speak. But, of course, finding it is not the last step, it is the third, the first was the frame, which we've taken a step down from, but we still have the other foot firmly in the third. Bringing the topic into discussion will make him regress from whatever progress we've achieved, albeit slightly, so his recovery won't occur after this session, but from many after this, perhaps spanning a month or or more. The instance that we spoke of might have been an optical illusion that he identified as some malevolent urban legend. His description of this figment of his imagination is not unique, but rather steadily growing in popularity. Although an alternative that it is a blurred memory of something he has sought to repress, is a possibility we shall determine during our sessions.
    Last edited by ocel; 2011-12-29 at 07:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Jared nodded. "All right," he said, leaning forward, crossing one leg over the other, placing both hands upon his upper knee. "Continue, and I will help where I can. Since you seem to know the basic facts better than I, I shall watch until I have a feel for it."

Gnaritas the Balancer

19. - Top - End - #49

MindFlayer

Neil rubbed his forehead as he worked out the stress from talking about it, he opened his mouth, and asked,"So should I continue what we were talking about Mr. Edgeworth?" He slowly exhales a breath that was held in for a while.

A shadow falls upon the window, even though it is only 3:00 PM. It doesn't seem too out of place though.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

20. - Top - End - #50

Planetar

We should, but first we've to restore our frame, a comfortable environment for our therapeutic dialog. Are there any rooms we could move into without windows or trees, for these two also appear to contribute to your stress as well.

21. - Top - End - #51

MindFlayer

"I guess the sitting room upstairs doesn't have any windows," Neil gets up, and leads them to the sitting room.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

22. - Top - End - #52

Jared watches Neil closely. His fellow psychologist doesn't have as much of his attention as he did previously because now he watches the patient to observe as much of his behavioral ticks as possible. What out of place habits might he have? What drives his mind? Twenty plus years in psychology develop something of a habit.

Gnaritas the Balancer

23. - Top - End - #53

MindFlayer

As Neil turns to leave the room, he looks out the window, a nervous habit in of itself, and saw something across the street. He screamed, and ran toward the basement.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

24. - Top - End - #54

Planetar

Edgeworth quickly pursued Niel, while shouting his name back to the room they were in.

25. - Top - End - #55

"****," Jared mutters as he chases after the two younger fellows. "I am getting way too old for this."

Gnaritas the Balancer

26. - Top - End - #56

Planetar

Overhearing his colleague's complaint, he retorted,Yes, yes, & we're too young for this too, so at least neither of us are the appropriate age for this cliche. Tsk, why didn't I use the room with the bindings earlier...
    Last edited by ocel; 2011-12-29 at 09:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

MindFlayer

Neil runs into the basement, and grabs a video camera,"Oh ****, he's here!"
    Last edited by AgentIndy; 2011-12-29 at 09:45 PM.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

28. - Top - End - #58

Planetar

In a valiant attempt to draw Niel away from the basement he requested he return to the living room as he ran down to his patient's basement. Persuasion check:(1d100)[87]
    Edit: Darn I meant that to be in the occ thread, could I reroll?
    Last edited by ocel; 2011-12-30 at 01:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

MindFlayer

Neil runs out, and goes into the restroom,"No, I'm not going out there!"

Spoiler
    Show
    You rolled, it doesn't matter where you rolled.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

30. - Top - End - #60

Planetar

After nearly falling down to the basement from Niel' pushing him aside in his second retreat to his batheroom, Edgeworth instinctively sought its landing in-order not to be injured from his patiant's recklessness. When he gathered his senses he turned to his colleague & asked him to check outside to reinsure Niel while he would directly help him. Check outside, I'll tend to Niel. Niel!? please calm down, whatever you saw wasn't whom your insinuating! Rolling psychology & persuasion :
    (1d100)[8]
    (1d100)[20]
    Last edited by ocel; 2011-12-30 at 03:23 PM.