New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Default Occult Incarnate (Factotum/Binder PrC PEACH)

((My apologies for the lack of tables and general unfamiliarity with the graphic insets. The general idea is a binder/factotum type PrC that uses suppressed and manipulated energy from a multitude of bound vestiges in order to maximize flexibility and emulate several class features found in normal factotum progression, with an occult twist. Those familiar with other binder homebrew PrCs will likely find the mechanic behind Occult Pantheon and Incarnation of the Host familiar! Just something I threw together today, be gentle! :P)

The Occult Incarnate

Prerequisites: To become an Occult Incarnate, you must meet the following prerequisites

Skills: Concentration 10 ranks, Knowledge: the Planes 10 ranks
    Feats: Ignore Special Requirements, Font of Inspiration
    Inspiration: Must have Inspiration as a class feature and at least 4 points of Inspiration.
    Binding: Ability to Bind 3rd Level Vestiges

Hit Dice: d6
    Weapon/Armor Proficiencies: No weapon or armor proficiencies are gained.
    Class Skills: AutoHypnosis, Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (all), Move Silently, Sense Motive, Use Magic Device
    Skill Points: 4+Int per level

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    | Occult Dilettante, +1 soul binding

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    | Occult Pantheon, +1 soul binding

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    | Occult Peity, +1 soul binding

4th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    | +1 Inspiration, +1 soul binding

5th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    | Occult Surge, +1 soul binding

6th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    | Occult Inspiration, +1 soul binding

7th|
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +5

8th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    | Apotheosis, +1 soul binding

9th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +6

10th|
    +7/+2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Incarnation of the Host, +1 soul binding [/table]

Class Features: The following are the class features of the Occult Incarnate.

Soul Binding: At each level, an Occult Incarnate's soul binding ability (and his effective binder level) improves as if he had gained a level in the binder class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a binder would have gained at that level.

Occult Dilettante: The Occult Incarnate can suppress a vestige granted ability for the day, in exchange for an extra spell slot of a level no higher than available to a Factotum of the factotum + Occult Incarnate's
    combined level, as per table 1-1. The Occult Incarnate cannot gain a number of spell slots in this manner greater than his levels of Occult Incarnate.

Occult Pantheon: An Occult Incarnate learns to manipulate the malleable confines of his very soul in order to allow a potentially larger number of vestiges to be hosted at once. Beginning at 2nd level, an
    Occult Incarnate can bind any combination of vestiges whose total levels do not exceed the highest level of vestige he can bind (as described in the binder's soul binding class feature). At effective binder level 8, he can bind any combination of vestiges whose total levels do not exceed 2x the highest level of vestige he can bind. At effective binder level 14 he can bind any combination of vestiges whose total levels do not exceed 3x the highest level of vestige he can bind.

Occult Peity: Up to 3 + Cha times a day, the the Occult Incarnate can suppress a bound vestige's ability for 5 rounds in order to channel divine energy to heal injuries, harm undead, or turn undead. If used to heal
    injuries, he channels positive energy to heal a living creature of a number of points of damage equal to 2x Factotum + Occult Incarnate levels. This energy will deal the same amount of damage to undead targets. If
    used to turn undead, he acts as a cleric of a level equal to your factotum + Occult Incarnate levels.

Occult Surge: By spending 5 inspiration points, the Occult Incarnate can apply the effect of any one pact magic feat (that he would otherwise meet the requirements for) as an immediate action to a vestige granted
    supernatural ability. If he already possesses the feat in question, Occult Surge does not count against the daily use(s) of that feat.

Occult Apotheosis: The Occult Incarnate can suppress a bound vestige's granted ability to gain an additional Pact Augmentation. Total number of pact agmentations cannot exceed the Occult Incarnate's levels of Occult Incarnate.

Occult Inspiration: The Occult Incarnate gains 1 point of inspiration for every vestige bound by good pact. The Occult Incarnate cannot gain more points of inspiration in this manner than he has levels of Occult Incarnate.

Incarnation of the Host: Once/day, form takes on a combination of aspects of every vestige bound. +4 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, DR -/(number of vestiges bound), SR 10 +Number of Vestiges bound, and radiates a horrifying
    auspice of menace and otherworldliness that forces all within 30' to make a will save (DC = 10 +1/2 effective binder level +cha modifier) or become panicked, as per the 3rd level Fear spell. This transformation lasts for a number of rounds equal to the number of vestiges currently bound +Cha mod, and leaves the Occult Incarnate fatigued.
    Last edited by Synzaxragux; 2011-12-30 at 05:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Occult Incarnate (Factotum/Binder PrC PEACH)

My major problem with this class is, why wouldn't I want to take it? It grants most of the benefits of the binder class and does so better in fact.
    I like the idea though and I think the best way to fix it is to not increase soul binding every level (maybe 3/4s or 3/5s).
    And is occult pantheon in addition to the other vestiges or does he give up a vestige to do this? The wording is a little vague.

And I direct you here for tables.
    Last edited by eftexar; 2011-12-30 at 05:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by eftexar View Post
    My major problem with this class is, why wouldn't I want to take it? It grants most of the benefits of the binder class and does so better in fact.
    I like the idea though and I think the best way to fix it is to not increase soul binding every level (maybe 3/4s or 3/5s).
    And is occult pantheon in addition to the other vestiges or does he give up a vestige to do this? The wording is a little vague.

And I direct you here for tables.
    Many thanks! Great point about the progression. I'll chew it over, compare with the Binder class itself, and tone it down; being 3 levels behind a straight class binder isn't entirely an offset for the additional abilities it grants.

Occult Pantheon is in lieu of the traditional vestige progression, definitely not in addition to it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Updated with table, and altered Occult Augmentation to be at the price of suppressed vestige abilities. I believe that being at a minimum of 3 levels behind a straight class binder and missing out on the bonus feats, automatic/by level Pact Augmentations, and other binder abilities like slippery mind and soul guardian puts this more in line with traditional theurge style PrCs. Granted, those missed pact augmentation abilities can be made up with Occult Augmentation, but that comes at the cost of yet more suppressed vestige abilities (on top of any Occult Dilettante vestige ability suppressions).

This feels like a good theurge style balance compared to straight class Binder, or Factotum. Thoughts?