New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Facebook Links....

Am I missing something? Perhaps Rich has some political views against it? I'd love to share OOTS but if there are share links for FaceBook where are they?

(Also I have only posted like 3 or four times in as many years...if I missed some big discussion on the evils of Facebook; then I apologize)

Be well and always head west...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Facebook Links....

I've never seen anyone bring it up. While I can't speak for Rich and the mods, I believe that Facebook integration is somewhere around #3762 on the forum to-do list, if at all.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Facebook is currently No.2 on my list of Evil Corporations; and not just for cluttering up the internet with little annoying blue banners.

Evil aside, I support the ads on this site for the sake of a new server (it's a worthy cause), but as far as I'm concerned, we don't need any more branded banners cluttering up the forums.

I'm hoping one of the mods will show up sometime soon and say, "We have no plans to do this. Ever. Thread locked."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gullintanni View Post
    I'm hoping one of the mods will show up sometime soon and say, "We have no plans to do this. Ever. Thread locked."
    Seconded. If you want Facebook, then go to Facebook.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Shikei View Post
    Am I missing something? Perhaps Rich has some political views against it? I'd love to share OOTS but if there are share links for FaceBook where are they?
    I think you're missing the fact that you can just as easily post a link to the comic as a status, which would do almost the exact same thing as having an integrated "Share" button would do.

I never really got the point of those buttons, because of this
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    I think you're missing the fact that you can just as easily post a link to the comic as a status, which would do almost the exact same thing as having an integrated "Share" button would do.

Because (generally speaking) people are lazy. It's easier to press a single button than it is to copy/paste the link into the status -- and that's really saying something, because copy/paste isn't exactly hard.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shikei View Post
    They're there. They are known as Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V.

"Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

8. - Top - End - #8
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    Cuz it's like a reminder that you can, in fact, share it on Facebook. Or Digg, Twitter, Reddit, StumbleUpon, MySpace, Google+, etc.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Don't people who always have cookies activated catch tracking cookies every time they visit a site with these buttons?
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

10. - Top - End - #10
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

If you want to share an OOTS comic on another website, you can certainly do so, but we have no reason to install a special button to make it even easier. Especially since there are dozens of websites that people may want to share on, and we have no interest in keeping up with them all.

So, no plans to do this. Thread locked.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~