New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Half page missing

I couldn't find mention of it in the main thread, so I'll open one to discuss the strange panel disposition.
    Genrally, we have one comic - one page.
    Occasionally, we have comincs with 2 or more pages.
    In very rare occurrences we have a comic stopping at half page, like here, but we can see that in the next comic there is another half page at the beginning, so that in the book compilation it will look fine, with the two half pages united.
    Comic 827 finished with a half page. I expected 828 to start with a half page, but it did not. it was a full page.
    Which means that in the book there will be a blank half page.
    Which means that there will be bonus material there!
    Unless it was just a mistake on Rich's part, but I don't think he would overlook on something like that. And if he actually made a mistake, the best way to fix it would be to put bous material in the book, so we get bonus material anyway.
    I'm betting an a page and a half featuring Niu contacting Hinjo, but it could also be the beginning of a miniarc like the couple ones that appeared in don't split the party.
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

2. - Top - End - #2
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Half page missing

It's not a mistake. Originally, the content of the current page (828) was going to be jammed in with the next page (829) to form a page-and-a-half strip. But when I was working on them, it felt very crowded and the writing didn't flow properly. So I expanded everything to fill two full pages.

As for what I'll do with that half page when the book comes, I'll figure something out when I lay out the book. In the past, I've put partial commentaries, Haley's crypto-translations, and even an ad for Goblin Dan's on the bottom of half-pages. I'm sure I'll come up with something.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    It's not a mistake. Originally, the content of the current page (828) was going to be jammed in with the next page (829) to form a page-and-a-half strip. But when I was working on them, it felt very crowded and the writing didn't flow properly. So I expanded everything to fill two full pages.

As for what I'll do with that half page when the book comes, I'll figure something out when I lay out the book. In the past, I've put partial commentaries, Haley's crypto-translations, and even an ad for Goblin Dan's on the bottom of half-pages. I'm sure I'll come up with something.
    Or reason on why the resistance have to be crushed.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

I was going to wonder if there was going to be a page-and-a-half bonus strip of Niu's report to Hinjo.

98% of the internet has a Myspace. If you're one of the 2% who isn't an emo whiner, show solidarity by putting this in your sig.

Instead, I have a blog and web site: http://morganwick.com Tweeter: http://twitter.com/morganwick Webcomic (not really OOTS-related): http://morganwick.freehostia.com/webcomic

Official self-appointed former commentator for The Sticks Awards.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I was wondering if it ould have been the prelude to a miniarc of 8-10 strips depicting niu escaping and finding someone to use the scroll (she only has a couple levels of rogue, did she took enough in use magic devices to reliably use a scroll?).
    After that, learning that rich has no particular plans for that feels a bit... anticlimatic
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

6. - Top - End - #6
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

A half-page tribute to a certain hardworking Forum Guru, perhaps?
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    A half-page tribute to a certain hardworking Forum Guru, perhaps?
    I'll support that. Nice guys deserve a pat on the back once in a while.

I like reading the commentaries though. It gives me an idea of what the author was thinking when they were writing the story or drawing it out.
    FTDWIR