A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rise (OOC)

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Rise (OOC)

All right everyone, here's the OOC for you to chatter amongst yourselves.

I'll have a table for convenience up on a little bit, same for the IC.

{table=head]Character|Player|Race + Class
    Themmen|The Succubus|Human Wizard (Diviner)
    Cirophi Dal Nejem|TechnOkami|Elan Psion (Shaper)
    Alexandria Faithweaver|INoKnowNames|Human Healer[/table]

The 16 (For future reference)

Spoiler
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

D&D 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

This is pretty much up in the air. I have ideas, but ultimately it's up to the players what is going to happen.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

3-4 Players

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

OOTS forums, but if the group wants a different client, I can do so.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 1. (Negotiable)

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

WBL.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Core, anything else approved by me.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Any race or template beyond the PHB is going to have to be run by me.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

4d6b3. You may also re-roll if the combined total of your bonuses are +2 or less.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

PM me your alignments.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

There are no penalties, as long as you don't just dip.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

PCs roll the PC dice for all to see, I roll the DM dice in secret. Like I'm behind a screen.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

-The encounters will be tailored to the party.

-Everyone you talk to will have their own reasons for saying what they say. Keep that in mind that you may not be able to trust whatever they say.

-If you don't post for two days, I'll be taking control of your character. If you don't post for five days afterwards without good reason your PC will die and someone else will be allowed in your place.

-You cannot "reserve" spots. The spot is yours only when I get the character sheet and have approved it.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

At least a reasonable paragraph.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

Roleplaying and hack & slash, and probably some puzzles. You're going to uncover the secrets of the world.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?*

Anything from core is automatically approved, anything else run it past me.
    Last edited by Overlord Rion; 2012-07-10 at 05:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Rise (OOC)

Excellent. Lets see what kind of world we are living on, so we can all meet in the tavern.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

a tavern? Bah, we should meet in a Bazzar! :P
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I had to look again to make sure I wasn't posting into my Zombie related game "They Rise". Heh...

Lets see.... I think I'd prefer a Bazaar over a Tavern. Party Games and a Festival like environment vs Underage Drinking.

Also, before anyone else claims colors, I claim this pretty one, assuming it doesn't cause viability problems.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Also, before anyone else claims colors, I claim this pretty one, assuming it doesn't cause viability problems.
    Not viability but visibility. It hurts my eyes

A bazaar? Too mainstream, lets make it a flea market. xD

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm... what would be a good color for Cirofi...

...how about this?
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-01-25 at 05:29 PM.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Laendri View Post
    Not viability but visibility. It hurts my eyes

A bazaar? Too mainstream, lets make it a flea market. xD
    The -one- time I don't spell check something, and I miss it because the letter I ment to type was 1 next to one of the most commonly typed letters in existance. I just kinda kept going from there...

Is this any better?

Also, why a flea market? That sounds like it'd be more mainstream than Bazaar...

Plus, can you have a Pie Eating Contest at a Flea Market without people looking at you funny?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-01-25 at 05:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Is this any better?
    That is much easier on the eyes.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    That is much easier on the eyes.
    Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference for a second. But I suppose it's fine with me either way.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah second blue is better.

Overlord Rion any color you want to save for DM ?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I usually just go with bold and change colors as needed to differentiate.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

I bold as well, and just italicize whenever she's thinking something.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I suppose we're just waiting for our blind Wizard friend, huh...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm working on the IC. Should be up at some point in the next 24 hours.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

I suppose we're just waiting for our blind Wizard friend, huh...
    Sorry, failed my Spot check on this thread for some reason. Green will do for me.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Sorry, failed my Spot check on this thread for some reason. Green will do for me.
    Apparently, I rolled a Natural 20 on my Listen check, and heard you post in my sleep.

I wonder why Laendri hasn't chosen a color for Kurmak yet. I think he should be Red. Red makes a decent Barbarian color. No jokes about how Red + Blue makes Purple.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

I was going to take red. But then I thought that red feels violent. And Kurmak is not violent, he just happen to be very furious when he fights. And enjoys it. And look forward ir. But he is not violent.

Maybe i will speak in a biggee font insted, because of his strong deep barry white voice.
    Like this.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I was going to take red. But then I thought that red feels violent. And Kurmak is not violent, he just happen to be very furious when he fights. And enjoys it. And look forward ir. But he is not violent.
    But it also symbolises Love and Passion. It's such a beautiful color... It doesn't have to be Violent...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

But it also symbolises Love and Passion. It's such a beautiful color... It doesn't have to be Violent...
    "Thok disagree with your colloquial vocabulary. >:("

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Here is my face full of love:

Also, you are right, red is also love and passion... Kurmak should use red... I'm looking at you 18 CHA virgin girl *wink*
    Last edited by Laendri; 2012-01-26 at 10:39 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

...I'm rather thankful I'm not a Wilder, or have a high charisma @[email protected]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Thok disagree with your colloquial vocabulary. >:("
    I said Passionate, not Int, Wis, and Cha-Dump Dim. Even Beast with his -2 Charisma could act right. And he got himself a nice girl for it.

Here is my face full of love:

Also, you are right, red is also love and passion... Kurmak should use red... I'm looking at you 18 CHA virgin girl *wink*
    .... Don't you want a nice Elan? Human girls are so frail; you want someone more your speed. Besides, why does her virginity matter?

...I'm rather thankful I'm not a Wilder, or have a high charisma @[email protected]
    Your charisma rating only has to deal with your strength of personality, not your appearance. You're totally fine. Go get him!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I guess I can solve this, with role-play!

After a lighthearted chuckle, Cirophi gathers herself to give the tall grey-man a response."I'm sorry, I'm not interested." Touch me and I will squash your mind. ;)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

The game hasn't started yet! Role playing doesn't when we haven't even seen the Start Screen!

After a lighthearted chuckle, Cirophi gathers herself to give the tall grey-man a response."I'm sorry, I'm not interested." Touch me and I will squash your mind. ;)
    "You don't need to be so rude, you know", Alexandria whispers to the Elan.Also, you said you couldn't do things like that back in the other thread...

By the way, what does an Elan look like? You should try to find a picture of one and put it on your sheet. Help others visualize your character. I did, although it was very-very-very-very-very-very-very-very-very hard to do.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

It's ok...
    Spoiler
    Show

See the red color makes it look worse :(

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, what does an Elan look like? You should try to find a picture of one and put it on your sheet. Help others visualize your character. I did, although it was very-very-very-very-very-very-very-very-very hard to do.
    That's the thing about Elans. They look very much like humans. Basically indistinguishable from one.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

It's ok...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Horrifying Image of Horrible that will never be quoted by me and that might have caused a heart attack.

See the red color makes it look worse :(
    The Red Color did not make that -any- worse than it already is, and you know it. I was actually considering humoring the relationship between a Saint and a Savage, but if you're going to act like your have 3 Int, 1 Wis, and 1 Cha, than you can forget it! *storms off*

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Rion View Post
    That's the thing about Elans. They look very much like humans. Basically indistinguishable from one.
    I still say he should provide a picture for his character. Especially without any specifically identifiable features.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, issues with a picture of even decent resemblance:

It's very difficult to find an image of a very tall woman with long red hair, wearing a turban AND a poncho.

If I ever get my scanner working, I have some drawn pictures I'll post up when I get the chance.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ok, issues with a picture of even decent resemblance:

It's very difficult to find an image of a very tall woman with long red hair, wearing a turban AND a poncho.

If I ever get my scanner working, I have some drawn pictures I'll post up when I get the chance.
    Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find a picture of a Staffless, Red Headed, Green Eyed White Mage that isn't Fan-Serviced up the Wazoo?

The one I settled on has her eyes closed and jewelry on that Alex wouldn't have, and that's probably as close as I'll get without cheating (ie drawing).

I doubt you can't find at least something that comes close...

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

By the way, what does an Elan look like?

I'll have a piccie of Themman up by the weekend - probably an OoTS avatar version of him.