New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 20: Critical Hit!

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    It's (Age/2)+7. But you're over thirty, aren't you?

Which reminds me of some picture that I might have even seen on this forum (who even keeps track of sources?).
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't know why but every time I see this I giggle.
    I giggled too...

Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    So, on the topic of kissing the object(s) of one's affection, Valentine's Day is coming up soon. Does anyone here have any special plans/wish they had special plans/think it's overrated?

As for myself, this will be a "first" for both of us (first Valentine's with a guy for the boyfriend, first Valentine's with anyone at all for me), so we're exchanging gifts and, unbeknownst to him, I'll driving to his university to surprise him with lunch and spend the rest of the day with him, since neither of us have any classes that day. Since he doesn't like chocolate all that much, I'll be building him a rose and a box of chocolates out of Legos instead.
    Umm I made him a rose... Out of paper... I was impressed, it only took 40 minutes and was pretty good for the first one I made ever.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

Came across this video of a trans* person on LA Ink, was pretty nifty how they handled it.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Umm I made him a rose... Out of paper... I was impressed, it only took 40 minutes and was pretty good for the first one I made ever.
    ...That is adorable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

It's (Age/2)+7. But you're over thirty, aren't you?

Which reminds me of some picture that I might have even seen on this forum (who even keeps track of sources?).
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't know why but every time I see this I giggle.
    The only message I can get out of that picture is that somebody wants the legal age of consent to be lower, which is very rarely a respectably motivated branch of activism.

Or, what am I missing?

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

The red is a commentary added to the picture by another person, who thought similarly to you.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah yes, okay. I see the funny.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Why is a job application asking about gender at all? I don't see how that would be relevant in most jobs (Only jobs I can think of is a stripper or an actor)
    Background checks? It's common to steal info on folks and use their numbers to get yourself where you want to go, and there are numerous cases where things would have stopped sooner if the authorities knew Casey was a dude, not a dudette.

Similar, I recently got a job, and asked for a copy of my background check. Shows how often they look at the things, as no one caught the two sets of SS#s, the divorce when I was 3, or the over-due electric bill from when I was 7

If only they had bothered parsing by my middle initial, then my Da's stuff wouldn't have shown up...

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    I met a girl in my science class. She's really nice, and about as subtle as I am. It's really the perfect situation for me, because while others would call it dating, I call it a friendship between two sexes. I don't know why, but I guess I just warmed up to the idea of it.

Of course, last time I had a friendship with a girl, it ended badly.

Really badly.

Really, really, REALLY badly. I know she goes to my school, and what hurts the most is that she has gone out of her way to ask her friends (whom I've met), where I am. At all time. SO SHE CAN AVOID ME.

Girls.
    That sounds like an immature person, as opposed to a "girl". I've had the same behaviour from both sexes, myself. Sometime folks are just ... Well, the lowest common denominator is the lowest common denominator.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbreath View Post
    Ah, mind splitting sexual orientation down in terms of emotional & sexual attraction? Else I wouldn't know which to go by :P
    Huh. That has my wheels turning. (run, hamsters! Run!)
    Can you be a 'straight' or 'gay' asexual? I mean, if you separate emotional attachment from sexual, do you still factor in an orientation? I cannot grok that. It seems that if separate, sexual would be male/female/both/neither/sure!, where emotional would just be yes/no/other.

I am pretty sure I'm wrong, I just don't have the necessary connections to process it. That's pretty novel. What do you folks think?

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    To be fair, I think you and Voltaire kissing might result in a demonic Armageddon, Kris. X3

That is exactly what he is aiming to cause by making you jealous, isn't it?

We must stop him! It would end in-Uhm, end in... You know, that actually sounds pretty fun. To the Make-Voltaire-and-Kid-Kris-Kiss-Mobile!
    Shoot, I knew I should have gotten that gig as an oddly-specific-car salesmare! The Internet is the one place there would be such a market!

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    dood r u gay or somthing? lol
    This is the funniest thing I've read all week. Thanks!

Actually, I just realized you're 22... which makes my comment a liiittle creepy. You are safe from me.
    It's (Age/2)+7.
    What, really? I figured so long as both folks are above the "you must be this tall to not get your partner arrested for smoochies" line you were in the clear.

I think this was made in the US, considering in most states the age of consent is between sixteen and eighteen, i.e., over fifteen.
    More importantly (in the US), one is below adulthood and the other above. That makes it an automatic crime.

Yes, this means that high school sweethearts go through an awkward phase where one has a birthday before the other, and magically they are I allowed any sort of intimacy. Our legal system is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    On the subject of hot manly kissing, I would admit to a one off smooching encounter with a fellow of similar age but I'm afraid of scandalising the thread and causing our ladies to faint.
    My gosh, you're right! It's a good thing you didn't admit to such a one off. Nice save, that.

I think you underestimate our ladies... they revel in yaoi tales.
    Quick point of contention… isn't yaoi a rather specific thing as opposed to just Boy x Boy?

So, this is going around facebook, apparently. And although it's not entirely on-topic, I feel like you all might appreciate it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, I am just out of touch enough and just low enough on my faith in humanity that I have to ask.

This is... This is like, satire, right? Stating these rules like you're helping someone who occasionally slips into this behavior? There are no people who actually have to be given these rules with a straight face, right?

I think I'll cut class to try to hook up my teacher with my brother.
    (I don't have class on Tuesdays. :b )
    ... Are you Applebloom?

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    It's the thought and the effort that count, mate. I'm sure that rose means a lot to the bloke.

... I am surprised to find that 'bloke' feels weird on the tongue when I'm not using it as a gender-neutral. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Came across this video of a trans* person on LA Ink, was pretty nifty how they handled it.
    quoted for future watchings. Back to work, I suppose.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    What, really? I figured so long as both folks are above the "you must be this tall to not get your partner arrested for smoochies" line you were in the clear.

More importantly (in the US), one is below adulthood and the other above. That makes it an automatic crime.

Yes, this means that high school sweethearts go through an awkward phase where one has a birthday before the other, and magically they are I allowed any sort of intimacy. Our legal system is weird.
    Well, it depends on the state, but I know some states have taken that into account by making safety clauses like "if the partner is within two/three years of the other partner's age" or variable age of consent depending on whether or not the participants are virgins or not.
    And apparently in CT statutory rape used to only apply to girls. So a twelve-year-old boy could have sex with a thirty-six-year-old woman. (Nowadays, she'd go to jail for statutory rape, but then he'd have to pay childcare when she got pregnant.)
    Our legal system is weird.

Ok, I am just out of touch enough and just low enough on my faith in humanity that I have to ask.

This is... This is like, satire, right? Stating these rules like you're helping someone who occasionally slips into this behavior? There are no people who actually have to be given these rules with a straight face, right?
    I'm fairly certain this is satire meant to point out how silly victim-blaming is.

... Are you Applebloom?
    <.<
    >.>
    Maybe.
    :b
    (This is the first time in ages that I've actually watched a new episode the day it came out, AND gotten my laundry folded the same day I did it!)
    Jude P.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Stupid male period...

*gnaws convenient chair*
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. That has my wheels turning. (run, hamsters! Run!)
    Can you be a 'straight' or 'gay' asexual? I mean, if you separate emotional attachment from sexual, do you still factor in an orientation? I cannot grok that. It seems that if separate, sexual would be male/female/both/neither/sure!, where emotional would just be yes/no/other.

I am pretty sure I'm wrong, I just don't have the necessary connections to process it. That's pretty novel. What do you folks think?
    If it counts, I'm a heteroromantic asexual. Emotionally attracted to men... sexually attracted to nothing.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Stupid male period...

*gnaws convenient chair*
    You have some sanguinity needs soothing?

12. - Top - End - #822
    Banned

Ms. Wizard, before I forget again, good job on the card! I would compliment specific stuff, but I'd compliment everything and I'd be here forever and I have to close soon, so, yeah. It's awesome though!

Our legal system is weird.
    I couldn't agree more.

I'm fairly certain this is satire meant to point out how silly victim-blaming is.
    Oh thank heavens.

<.<
    >.>
    Maybe.
    :b
    (This is the first time in ages that I've actually watched a new episode the day it came out, AND gotten my laundry folded the same day I did it!)
    I am impressed! I rarely get laundry folded in the same week. I live oike one of those terrible college bachelors you see at the cinema, except everything is clean. Messy, sure, but no food or trash.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    If it counts, I'm a heteroromantic asexual. Emotionally attracted to men... sexually attracted to nothing.
    ... Heteromantic is the best word. The very best one.
    That's... I dunno. I can understand it and feel silly for not getting it sooner, but it only works in specifics. I can understand heterosexual as a concept, but for some reason "asexual" and any specific orientation seem like conflicting things.

That does help by the way, yes. I think I have to wrassle with some preconceptions I didn't know I had. I will get to that when I'm done training my wallet.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-02-12 at 06:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You have some sanguinity needs soothing?
    Yes, in a nutshell. But melancholic fluid is disgusting. As I see it, I need to balance the equation with something outside the four humor system. Would you be willing to experiment with physical therapies and other bodily fluids with me until we find a solution, my dear kneebiter?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

So, I have yet to had an opportunity to come out. I haven't had a chance to ask my mom, and she won't be back until Wednesday (Visiting relatives) but I did ask my dad what he thought about transsexuality.

After talking to him, I think he'll respond okay, but I'm almost positive he won't be okay with it.

15. - Top - End - #825

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    So, I have yet to had an opportunity to come out. I haven't had a chance to ask my mom, and she won't be back until Wednesday (Visiting relatives) but I did ask my dad what he thought about transsexuality.

After talking to him, I think he'll respond okay, but I'm almost positive he won't be okay with it.
    A supportive response is what you need. Doesn't matter at this stage if they're okay with it; you can work on that and find a solution together, but right now, you just need support. Again, I encourage you to come out.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    A supportive response is what you need. Doesn't matter at this stage if they're okay with it; you can work on that and find a solution together, but right now, you just need support. Again, I encourage you to come out.
    Yeah. Just looking for the right time. It's been hard to find a point where they're both alone. It seems like either my brother or sister is always home at the same time, and I really need it to just be the two of them for now. I can come out to the rest of my family later.

I'm not sure where to look about stuff regarding this. Anything that could be useful in convincing my parents I'm not completely insane would be nice.

I've got the "13 Misconceptions about Trans-women" by Skepchick thing bookmarked, and unless they're going to be completely illogical about it, I've got the religion thing covered too. I'm just not sure what else they're going to ask about.

Edit: To be clear, I'd like to be able to make clear that it isn't a symptom of something being wrong with my brain, or something that if I try hard enough I can just 'fix'.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-02-12 at 02:46 AM.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

Soft Serve, I wish you the best in coming out to your family. I recently had to do this with some of them and I know how difficult it is: but you don't know how relieved you will be when it's out in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Yes, in a nutshell. But melancholic fluid is disgusting. As I see it, I need to balance the equation with something outside the four humor system. Would you be willing to experiment with physical therapies and other bodily fluids with me until we find a solution, my dear kneebiter?
    Certainly: I love innovating techniques. I would be very happy to help relieve you of excess fluids.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Soft Serve, if you cannot find a time that is good to tell them, you could manufacture one. Tell your mother and father that you want to talk to them, and just them. Tell them it's a personal issue that you don't want your brother or sister to know about.

This will have two useful effects, one it will allow you to not have to just burst out with it. You can tell them on your terms, and be prepared for any reaction you may get.

The other effect this gives you is they are prepared for the worst, they may think you have some type of STD (or guess at whatever truth you are going to tell them.) Either way, they will prepare themselves, and that will make their reaction a lot more calm.

Just my two cents, I never really had something like this to tell my parents, and my brother's way of 'coming out' was half a sentence finished by my dad. (My Brother: Mom, Dad, I'm.. Dad: Gay?)

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. Just looking for the right time. It's been hard to find a point where they're both alone. It seems like either my brother or sister is always home at the same time, and I really need it to just be the two of them for now. I can come out to the rest of my family later.

I'm not sure where to look about stuff regarding this. Anything that could be useful in convincing my parents I'm not completely insane would be nice.

I've got the "13 Misconceptions about Trans-women" by Skepchick thing bookmarked, and unless they're going to be completely illogical about it, I've got the religion thing covered too. I'm just not sure what else they're going to ask about.

Edit: To be clear, I'd like to be able to make clear that it isn't a symptom of something being wrong with my brain, or something that if I try hard enough I can just 'fix'.
    You may want to direct them to this post as well...

I don't know how to help you with this, sorry. *hug* You can try to contact Natalie (sincerelynataliereed (at) gmail (dot) com) but she gets so much mail (a considerable portion of which is from me) she can't answer it all.

Edit: Seconds Lady Tialait's suggestion about making a special time.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2012-02-12 at 03:45 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, popping in once again.

Great to have you back, Asta. It's been dreary without you.

Also, I found a photo from my first scuba dive! It was back when I was still learning, so it's really special to me, especially since I'm certified Adv. Open Water.

There was a nice photo, but the forums hate Facebook photo embeds. Then again, linking the photo isn't too hard.

Hang loose, y'all. Goodness, been to Texas, what, thrice? For thirty minutes each time? Some of my dad's California-to-Texas-to-Washington life has rubbed off on me. No matter.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Orc in the Playground

Best of luck with the parents, Soft Serve. And if you haven't come out to your siblings yet, best of luck with that whenever you decide to.
    LGBTA+itP

Neat-looking avatar by Ninja Chocobo.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Banned

I suggest getting in a fight.

Rather, I suggest that if you ever have a fight, like an argument, that would be the time to do it. The adrenaline makes the admission easier, and there is an emotive cap; if your parents are already upset, the difference between mad + daughter coming out would be definitely smaller than 0 to daughter coming out (should I be saying daughter? I think so, but...)

The assumes several things though. For one, that it will be met with emotion and negative ones at that. If this is not the case, then you'd probably be sabotaging yourself unless you know the parents well enough to have thought of his on your own. It also assumes that you are going to continually ride the crest of the wave without ever dropping down and taking the plunge; that you'll always be waiting for the next time when it will be really good to tell them, instead of now when it's merely good. If you can actually get it done, go for it!

But in the end, that is my advice. Just do it. You can't predict what they'll say, but you can know yourself enough to answer any question. That's what matters.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by H Birchgrove View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love it! You even remembered to make me a bit shorter than most of the others!

... hold on. How did you know that I'm relatively short?

It's so awesome to recognize so many of you guys and gals!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because I'm a wizard. Duh.

Definitely not because I just drew you a bit small without really meaning to.

Kenderwizard - Cheerful Fairy:

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!

Actually, I just realized you're 22... which makes my comment a liiittle creepy. You are safe from me.
    I know, honey. It's grand! Anyway, all's fair in love and war, between consenting adults on the internet.

On the subject of hot manly kissing, I would admit to a one off smooching encounter with a fellow of similar age but I'm afraid of scandalising the thread and causing our ladies to faint.
    I faint anyway, no bother there!

I think the "illegal" bit was referring to "making" love, not just being in love.
    Do anything that might prompt them or their parents to press charges?

So, this is going around facebook, apparently. And although it's not entirely on-topic, I feel like you all might appreciate it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've seen that a few times before, it's so clever! You get so sick of the victim-blaming prevention tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    That card is amazing. Love all the little avatars. You must have had a hard time with mine, sorry about that.
    Oh, no problem! It was fun to do the kooky different ones.

I'd say FMA was probably my favorite manga, except maybe Yu-gi-oh! (for the nostalgia). So I almost wish I could legitimately claim to be a chimera.
    I love Yu-Gi-Oh! We ARE the same person!

Also, thank you again to everyone who's saying such nice things about the card! I'm super busy this weekend (singing with my old choir, yay!) so I haven't had time to thank everyone individually for all your sweet words, but I really appreciate it.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... what alterations would be necessary to apply this to homophobia or transphobia?

Edit: Got this from Natalie's latest blog post
    Imagine Gender as a Planet (BIG image):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2012-02-12 at 09:28 AM.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

25. - Top - End - #835

I am impressed! I rarely get laundry folded in the same week. I live like one of those terrible college bachelors you see at the cinema, except everything is clean. Messy, sure, but no food or trash.
    I am a college bachelor (or technically I will be in a few months when I'm old enough to marry), but I'm the clean sort. Except for that tea stain on the floor I haven't cleaned up yet because I was busy freaking out last night, the dirt around the floor I can't deal with because the former housekeeper apparently stole the vacuum when he left, and (usually, but amazingly not today!) the hamper full of clean unfolded laundry. But when my laundry isn't folded yet, I do put my dirty laundry in the closet instead of just lying around anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    I love Yu-Gi-Oh! We ARE the same person!
    Did you like the card game, the show, or the manga? When I was a kid Saturday mornings were the best, I'd make sure to be up to watch new episodes. And through middle school, one of my friends and I would play the card game through the school day. And somewhere in there I found "Season Zero" online, and I bought the manga. (I still don't own half of the Duelist series, though, and I need to see whether the next GX volumes have come out...)

Hmm... what alterations would be necessary to apply this to homophobia or transphobia?

Edit: Got this from Natalie's latest blog post
    Imagine Gender as a Planet (BIG image):
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like it!
    Jude P.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

The adventures of love skull:
    Url edited out just to be safe. You can google oglaf for funnies.
    NSFW but very funny.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-02-12 at 10:46 AM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

I know from sad personal experience that we are not supposed to link to NSFW content.

― Tim Fargo

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

I know from sad personal experience that we are not supposed to link to NSFW content.
    Right editing it then.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Certainly: I love innovating techniques. I would be very happy to help relieve you of excess fluids.
    I think you have mistook me. I was thinking the addition of fluids to balance the system. Saliva and *ahem*, applied experimentally to as many parts of the body as possible in the name of experimental verification of my theories.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

What does 'male period' entail exactly?

― Tim Fargo