New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1467
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 20: Critical Hit!

Hey, Kender, as the resident period expert, is there such a thing as a "safe day"?
    Jude P.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razark View Post
    I can see the strength of "hir" over the x or z versions, but does "hir" cover enough ground?

I've seen "hir" used as an object, in place of "him" and "her", but as the subject of a sentence, what takes the place of "he" or "she"?
    So this came up in the "quick note" thread and I didn't find anything satisfactory with a quick googling so now I'm wondering if anyone here uses hir and if you do what do you prefer to use instead of she or he? Or is Hir just used instead of him, her, she and he?
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel even more driven to drink than usual after a crummy dating experience this week. I could use some gay Internet hugs.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I feel even more driven to drink than usual after a crummy dating experience this week. I could use some gay Internet hugs.

I've got plenty of internet hugs for you. And cuddles, chocolate, tea, and some photos of hot men looking quite fashionable, should you want any of them.

*commences with the hugging*
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-02-20 at 10:21 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ettin in the Playground

*snuggles for Kneen*

Boo crummy dates.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

The guy with whom I have affirmed a state of mutual attraction(it's complicated stuff involving parents) says that I act like a 7 on the Kinsley scale(which 6 is exclusively homosexual). Is that gay enough?
    *hugs really tightly*
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Troll in the Playground

I'm afraid I must respectfully decline.

Spoiler
    Show

Or at least, issues with contact.
    Here's a digital hug instead.

*HUGGINGNESS*
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post

I've got plenty of internet hugs for you. And cuddles, chocolate, tea, and some photos of hot men looking quite fashionable, should you want any of them.

*commences with the hugging*
    These things you offer are the highest medicines, mademoiselle. Thank you. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    *snuggles for Kneen*

Boo crummy dates.
    Boo indeed.
    Hello by the way, scarce but fine person.
    *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    The guy with whom I have affirmed a state of mutual attraction(it's complicated stuff involving parents) says that I act like a 7 on the Kinsley scale(which 6 is exclusively homosexual). Is that gay enough?
    *hugs really tightly*
    Too gay is not nearly gay enough, in my book!
    *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

Spoiler
    Show

*HUGGINGNESS*
    Heh.
    I appreciate the spirit of hug at least. Thank you.

Urge to drink... falling.
    not that I could it's a holyday and the stores are closed early, but never mind
    lousy Louis Riel
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-02-20 at 10:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

*HUGS* sorry for the bad date. Hopefully it'll get better. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    *snuggles for Kneen*

Boo crummy dates.
    Hi cobra! *hugs*

Spoiler
    Show

*HUGGINGNESS*
    ...I think I know what that's from...
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2012-02-20 at 11:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    ...I think I know what that's from...
    Good. It's a shame so few know of it. I'm not even a romantic, and I loved it!

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    Hi cobra! *hugs*
    Hey, Turkish. =3 *snuggles*

EDIT: I know what it's from, and I've never cried so much in my life.

Also, possibly best/second best soundtrack ever.
    Last edited by Cobra_Ikari; 2012-02-20 at 11:12 PM.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Hey, Kender, as the resident period expert, is there such a thing as a "safe day"?
    Seeing as no one's answered you yet...
    There are peaks and troughs in female fertility. You're more likely to get pregnant on some days than others. However, using them as contraception is extremely tricky and unreliable at best, and completely useless at worst, and close enough to completely useless to make it an extremely bad idea to try on average.
    Women may be completely infertile during their periods, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if even that's not true.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Technically I qualify as a bi/lesbian... Still male-bodied, though. *hugs*

Oh, how tempted I am to draft up some blueprints for an electrolytic thingy... Like, in case I ever get parts that would actually work... [/sing-song]
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy birthday, Soft Serve!

That's no fun. *gay internet hug*
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2012-02-21 at 12:39 AM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

I'm straight. Can I hug you anyway?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Troll in the Playground

Man, this is weird. I never thought I'd actually be posting here for "for me, for realsies" advice. But uh, here it goes.

So, I...hm. How to put this...okay. I am physically a man. I have a sexual and romantic preference for women, and not for men. I have no desire to lose my penis via surgery. And yet...I just don't really feel like a guy? If that makes sense? This is something I've been bouncing around in my head for a while, and I'm trying to figure out what this is. Personally, I find myself at odds with many gender conventions for guys - I'm just...kinda...neutral? Is that a thing? But before you say yes or no, I guess my main point here is I'm not sure if I'm actually [insert PC term for whatever that is] or if I'm just an "enlightened individual" - as in, I can look past gender conventions because I see them for what they are - societal constructs. Or maybe they aren't mutually exclusive?

I'm sorry, this whole post is just a big jumble, but that's where my head is at too and I'm afraid it's difficult to make any sense of things. If this sounds like anything that makes sense to any of you, I'd greatly enjoy your input.

EDIT:

Also,
    It's not a gay internet hug, but you can have one from me none the less. And a promise of precisely one drink, should you ever visit my locale.
    Last edited by Deth Muncher; 2012-02-21 at 01:46 AM.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    Man, this is weird. I never thought I'd actually be posting here for "for me, for realsies" advice. But uh, here it goes.

So, I...hm. How to put this...okay. I am physically a man. I have a sexual and romantic preference for women, and not for men. I have no desire to lose my penis via surgery. And yet...I just don't really feel like a guy? If that makes sense? This is something I've been bouncing around in my head for a while, and I'm trying to figure out what this is. Personally, I find myself at odds with many gender conventions for guys - I'm just...kinda...neutral? Is that a thing? But before you say yes or no, I guess my main point here is I'm not sure if I'm actually [insert PC term for whatever that is] or if I'm just an "enlightened individual" - as in, I can look past gender conventions because I see them for what they are - societal constructs. Or maybe they aren't mutually exclusive?

I'm sorry, this whole post is just a big jumble, but that's where my head is at too and I'm afraid it's difficult to make any sense of things. If this sounds like anything that makes sense to any of you, I'd greatly enjoy your input.
    There are a couple of things that could be - agender (the total lack of a gender), genderqueer (having both masculine and feminine aspects), androgyne (somewhere... Between genders? Need to learn more about that one)... There's a list of terms on the first page of every thread (it's quite useful).

Technically you wouldn't "lose" your penis through SRS (Sexual Reassignment Surgery) so much as you would have it reconfigured into another shape. Preferring one set of genitals over the other doesn't define gender so much, though (which may or may not prove convenient to me if/when I ever decide how I feel about mine... :/).

In any case, *hugs* - I hope you figure it out eventually.
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

Deth Muncher, see if you can find something here:

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post

I've always felt like that. Gender neutral. I honestly wouldn't care if I had gender reassignment, but then again, that's not cheap. I'll stick with what I have because that's how the cards were drawn.

... That's an excellent metaphor. I'll have to save that.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    There are peaks and troughs in female fertility. You're more likely to get pregnant on some days than others. However, using them as contraception is extremely tricky and unreliable at best, and completely useless at worst, and close enough to completely useless to make it an extremely bad idea to try on average.
    Women may be completely infertile during their periods, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if even that's not true.
    Its partly down to this but also due to the fact that sperm cells can survive for up to a week after leaving the male. As Serpy said, its not a good idea.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

*hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Sorry; I was asleep!

As Serps said, there's a cycle of fertility. Trying to not make babies by only having sex during the less fertile parts is called the "rhythm method", here at least, and is way popular among strict Catholics and presumably other groups who don't go in for contraception. But it's not very effective, is never completely "safe", and the only way to do it properly at all is to constantly monitor your temperature, bodily fluids, periods, etc, which most people don't bother with. Like Succubus said, the sperm can last quite a long time as well. In theory, the "safest" time is right before the period. But obviously if you go too soon, the egg might still be viable and if you go too late, the sperm might last until the new egg is released.

So no, not really, is the answer!
    Last edited by KenderWizard; 2012-02-21 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Accuracy!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Troll in the Playground

Aaaand today, I learnt!
    Thanks for the small lesson on fertility, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

Currently doing something simultaneously exhilarating and terrifying. For the first time ever (discounting crossdressing themed parties) I'm out in public en femme. I know I don't look male at first glance, and I havent noticed many -or indeed any - double takes, so I can't help but think I might actually be passing!
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Aaaand today, I learnt!
    Thanks for the small lesson on fertility, guys.
    And now you know.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Currently doing something simultaneously exhilarating and terrifying. For the first time ever (discounting crossdressing themed parties) I'm out in public en femme. I know I don't look male at first glance, and I havent noticed many -or indeed any - double takes, so I can't help but think I might actually be passing!
    Go you!
    You're pretty, and I believe it's going to go well.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Big step. Here's hoping everything goes well.

― Tim Fargo

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

Current confused stare count: 1.

I have bumped into several people I know, though, and they all recognised me. Wonder what they thought?
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

As long as that's the worst that happened, I'd count it as a win. I've heard stories of brutal beatings and even murder...

― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Titan in the Playground

Aye, though I imagine that's unlikely walking around university campus during the day.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

Read the new blog post about coming out here.

― Tim Fargo